The better Dark Knight villain: Bane or Joker?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ditto
Who was the better Dark Knight villain?
Bane? The Joker?
Why?

quanchi112
Bane.

Nephthys
Ledger's Joker is in the top 5 movie villains of all time imo. He's utterly hypnotic whenever he's on screen.

Bane? Not so much.

juggerman
At least you can understand the Joker

Nephthys
Imagine Bane and Batman having a good 5 minute conversation. The theatre would be in hysterics.

Robtard
Joker.

Bane was a throwaway villain. Even his death was non spectacular.

-kV-
I thought Ra's al Ghul was a better villain than Bane.

Joker wins.

BruceSkywalker
both.. The Joker was great for The Dark Knight.. and Bane was a fitting end to the trilogy

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nephthys
Ledger's Joker is in the top 5 movie villains of all time imo. He's utterly hypnotic whenever he's on screen.

Bane? Not so much. Exaggerated greatly. Joker was a villain Batman easily bested not so much with bane. Bane broke him.

super pr*xy
bane was the sh!t up to the big reveal.. after that, not so much.. i would have loved to see heath's joker in tdkr..

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Robtard
Joker.

Bane was a throwaway villain. Even his death was non spectacular.

Eh. I thought Bane was pretty good as a villain. The problem is that he's only used as a plot device. After Bane breaks Batman's back, nobody knows what to do with him.

I like TDK Joker more, but it's apples and oranges at the end of the day. Comparing Joker and Bane is like comparing Tyler Durden and Darth Vader. How can you?

Nephthys
Originally posted by quanchi112
Exaggerated greatly. Joker was a villain Batman easily bested not so much with bane. Bane broke him.

Banes whole plan was shit and required that the retards of Gotham ignore that he's threatening them with a nuke and will see him as a liberator. While he's holding them captive.

duuuuuuuurrrrrrrr

Whereas Jokers ideological battle with Batman was fascinating and genius.

Plus Batman and Gordan were psychologically scarred for 8 freaking years because of the Joker. Batman overcame Bane in 3 months, tops.

Arachnid1
Banes whole plan was shit and required that the retards of Gotham ignore that he's threatening them with a nuke and will see him as a liberator. While he's holding them captive.

duuuuuuuurrrrrrrr

Plus Batman and Gordan were psychologically scarred for 8 freaking years because of the Joker. Batman overcame Bane in 3 months, tops. Not to mention Batman didn't easily overcome Joker. People seem to forget that Joker won at the end of the movie. Batman only barely stopped him by making the entire lie about Dent which stopped the city from falling into shit.

Joker was a much better villain than Bane. Ras was a better villain than Bane. Scarecrow was more enjoyable than Bane, and nearly killed Batman in his first encounter too, as did Joker and Ras (when he came back as a villain anyway). Bane wasn't the first one to best Batman. The only villain Bane outdid in those movies was Two Face, who got the shaft. He had great backstory and was set up perfectly, but they got rid of him within minutes. They should have saved Two Face for the third movie.

-Pr-
Joker was better written, better played and better portrayed. Not that Bane was bad, Joker was just that good.

That said, I still enjoyed Bane more.

quanchi112

duuuuuuuurrrrrrrr

Plus Batman and Gordan were psychologically scarred for 8 freaking years because of the Joker. Batman overcame Bane in 3 months, tops. Who cares ? Joker was easily dealt with. Bane beat the crap out of the Batman. Bane was the end game villain whereas Joker was just intermission.

Bane took over the city. Joker was nowhere near him in terms of being the end boss.

Esau Cairn

Plus Batman and Gordan were psychologically scarred for 8 freaking years because of the Joker.

You mean Two-Face.
The Joker gets no mention whatsoever in TDKR & the movie begins with both the legacy & lie of Harvey Dent.

Tzeentch._
Bane was a henchman-***** for Talia, and in the end got his ass kicked by a couple of haymakers to the face after Bruce had a ****ing Rocky training montage.

Bane was crap, and everything about him besides his body language was a disappointment.

Joker by a mile.

Darth Martin
I thought Bane was the more intimidating villain. Bigger threat to Batman and had major screen presence. Every single dialogue he uttered was gold.

With that said, Ledger gave a better performance. I thought they were more or less equal but I'm sure Joker will be remembered more.

Both were easily two of the biggest movie villains of the decade and the best of 2008 and 2012, respectively.

Tzeentch._
Was every single dialogue that he uttered gold in the sense that it was comedic gold?

His muppet voice made sure of that, for me.

Darth Martin
His dialogue was every bit as good as Joker's when you consider his character. He had more menace than Joker.

"Search him, then I will kill you."

"Follow him!"

"Do you feel in charge?"

"I'm on your schedule Captain."

All his lines were sick.

Tzeentch._
Follow him! is a sick line?

Darth Martin
Obviously not written out but within the context of the scene of course.

Look, the Joker and Bane are two different ends of a spectrum. Polar opposites. They go about their shit in two seperate ways. Joker is more colorful wheareas Bane is much more straight foward.

With all the hype of TDK and Ledger's performance it's not like Joker blew Bane off the map. The bank heist scene isn't that much better than the plane hijacking, if at all.

You can ***** about the way Bane went out but it's not like Joker had some unbelievably epic going out party.

Bane stands up to Joker quite nicely IMO.

Tzeentch._
Really? Joker went out getting killed by Batman's shitty girlfriend in mid-sentence? I'm pretty sure the Joker ended up going to prison, laughing like a hyena all the way, while Gotham's White Knight turned into a psychopath and Batman went from being a symbol of hope to an evil Frankenstein pariah, a fact that proceeded to haunt him for the next eight years.

People give Bane a bad rep because his character was ass in the film. Say what you want about Joker being overrated- I probably would agree, but at least he didn't sound like ****ing Darth Vader on helium. At least he wasn't a henchman in his own film to a villain we didn't know existed until the 4th quarter of the movie, and at least he didn't get defeated by three sloppy haymakers to the face in what was supposed to be the most climactic dual of the trilogy.

Bane and the Joker are two different characters with two different pathos, and shouldn't be compared normally, but in the context of effectiveness and significance, Joker beats Bane in every way, which is kind of a tragedy, but at least its accurate to the comics I guess.

Darth Martin
Oh enough with the henchman insults already.

Just because Darth Vader was inferior to the Emperor doesn't make him NOT the GOAT movie villain.

Still doesn't change anything Bane did in the film.

The voice? Okay, I liked it but I have to admit it was inconsistent throughout the film. Like, during the speech at Blackgate it didn't even sound as if it was dubbed at all. But, for the majority of the picture I felt it worked.

Joker was a more colorful character and perhaps even more memorable. Granted, I've already stated as to such in a previous post. Effective? Significant? Bane definitely had more menace, was far more intimidating, and had the bigger scheme.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Bane was a henchman-***** for Talia, and in the end got his ass kicked by a couple of haymakers to the face after Bruce had a ****ing Rocky training montage.

Bane was crap, and everything about him besides his body language was a disappointment.

Joker by a mile. Bane already defeated him. He beat the shit out of him in the shadows at Batman's own game. Joker was some lunatic who burned money and wanted to be chaotic. Just some loon. At the end he was easily bagged as a villain. Bane was the end boss. Joker is nowhere near an end boss.

Bane would destroy the Joker.

Tzeentch._
Bane got killed by a lesbian in a BDSM outfit.

Calm down.

quanchi112
Bane got killed by a lesbian in a BDSM outfit.

Calm down. Cheapshotted while taking on Batman. Bane destroyed Batman on film. Joker didn't. Joker also crossdresses. laughing out loud

No.

Robtard
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Eh. I thought Bane was pretty good as a villain. The problem is that he's only used as a plot device. After Bane breaks Batman's back, nobody knows what to do with him.

I like TDK Joker more, but it's apples and oranges at the end of the day. Comparing Joker and Bane is like comparing Tyler Durden and Darth Vader. How can you?

Bane was a throwaway villain for me. If being able to physically beat a worn-out Batman in one scene makes a better villain, then sure(not saying you personally think this way). But it doesn't cut it for me. A great villain needs depth and charm; Bane was little more than hired muscle at the end and he went out like a punk.

No, we can compare most things, imo. Especially since they share common ground of being Batman villains in the same Batman franchise.

Tzeentch._
The self-loathing immigrant above me's got it right.

quanchi112
The self-loathing immigrant above me's got it right. You're agreeing with the man who can barely string together a sentence ?

Robtard
LoL, your butthurt gives me strength. But this isn't the place for you to cry, go cry in those other threads.

quanchi112
LoL, your butthurt gives me strength. But this isn't the place for you to cry, go cry in those other threads. Bane was the end boss. That about sums it up. He broke Batman. Joker just took him to the edge. Not even a contest.

Robtard
Bane was the end boss. That about sums it up. He broke Batman. Joker just took him to the edge. Not even a contest.

Broke Batman so hard that after a few months of prison sit-ups he came back apparently stronger and won on all fronts.

Joker's plan(not that Bane had a plan himself, he was hired muscle) actually worked in part. Dent was turned evil and Batman had to lie and make himself the villain in an attempt to win and then spent the next eight years as recluse.

Sorry, but you're penchant for backing throwaway villians doesn't mean they're better cos you need it.

Nephthys
Bane was the end boss. That about sums it up. He broke Batman. Joker just took him to the edge. Not even a contest.

Bane wasn't even a boss. He was the henchman for the real end boss Talia.

Dude can't even drink a glass of OJ without shitting his pants with pain. What a loser.

KingD19
Bane was in the end, just a goon. He was a much more physical threat than Joker, but then again, he had a magic mask that let him ignore pain and worked out everyday.

Joker on the other hand took over the entire city in like under a week and had Batman dancing like a puppet on a string. Made him kill his girlfriend, turned the publics beloved DA into Two-Face, made Bats himself into a villain in the eyes of said public. He even took over like every gang in the city.

Joker was just uber.

Casper Whitey
Joker.

Ridley_Prime
Ra's and Joker I can understand people liking more than Bane, but I pretty much stopped reading this thread when someone went as far as to say that Scarecrow was more enjoyable than him. ermm He was more of a henchman to Ra's than Bane even was to Talia, and may as well have been nonexistent after Batman Begins.

And about Bane being defeated by haymakers to the face, that was just plot jujitsu/lazy writing. He was punched in the face by Batman multiple times during the first fight and wasn't phased at all.

siriuswriter
No choice for me - Joker rocked his role - more entertaining, more menacing - in my eyes when you threaten with muscle you're like a preschool bully. All you can basically do is say "I'm gonna getcha, hahaha," until another preschooler decides to stand you up.

When you threaten with brains backing your muscles up - you come up with some really psycho-sh** stuff. And since you're not warning anyone by going nuclear on a football field, no one's going to know what you're doing until it's too late.

Joker camoflauged himself by keeping his misdeeds among the mob - people no normal Gothamite cares about. And then it's just a 24/7 fireworks display of KA-BOOM!!!! that no one can figure out how it was performed, let alone figure out where the perpetrator would run to after.

Bane is one-trick pony. It may be a bad-ass trick, like breaking Batman's back, but pur-lease, Batman has regen/health points maxed out and so attacks that are purely physical are easier to get over. So much for that one trick.

quanchi112
Broke Batman so hard that after a few months of prison sit-ups he came back apparently stronger and won on all fronts.

Joker's plan(not that Bane had a plan himself, he was hired muscle) actually worked in part. Dent was turned evil and Batman had to lie and make himself the villain in an attempt to win and then spent the next eight years as recluse.

Sorry, but you're penchant for backing throwaway villians doesn't mean they're better cos you need it. Dent screwed up but then again the people with the option didn't screw up so quit acting like Joker totally won. Joker went away in cuffs like come weak feeb. Batman didn't have to push inside himself to beat him at all. Joker wasn't that great. He was the middle act and by far the low man on the villain totem pole.Originally posted by Nephthys
Bane wasn't even a boss. He was the henchman for the real end boss Talia.

Dude can't even drink a glass of OJ without shitting his pants with pain. What a loser. Who cares that Bane wasn't in charge. He executed the plan and broke Batman on screen. Talia couldn't and didn't do so.

Joker was a dude who liked to dress up like a woman. I guess you champion crossdressers.

Esau Cairn
Who cares that Bane wasn't in charge. He executed the plan and broke Batman on screen. Talia couldn't and didn't do so.

Joker was a dude who liked to dress up like a woman. I guess you champion crossdressers.

Whenever Bane is mentioned, it's already a given fact that he's the villain that broke Batman in the comics...so the audience already knows what to expect as the highlight in TDKR.

The same comic book fans would also know that The Joker killed a Robin & paralysed Barbara Gordon.

From Batman's point of view, how do you measure a)having your back broken & healing from it to b) living permanently with the guilt of Robin & Barbara?

The "better" villain is the one who screws with your mind & adds doubt to your integrity. The Joker is by far the most feared.

Robtard
Dent screwed up but then again the people with the option didn't screw up so quit acting like Joker totally won. Joker went away in cuffs like come weak feeb. Batman didn't have to push inside himself to beat him at all. Joker wasn't that great. He was the middle act and by far the low man on the villain totem pole.

Derp.

KingD19
It's like he legit hates whatever team he's not rooting for.

tkitna
Joker is going to win the votes, but Banes portrayal really had me excited for him to get it in the end, where I was actually rooting for the Joker.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Whenever Bane is mentioned, it's already a given fact that he's the villain that broke Batman in the comics...so the audience already knows what to expect as the highlight in TDKR.

The same comic book fans would also know that The Joker killed a Robin & paralysed Barbara Gordon.

From Batman's point of view, how do you measure a)having your back broken & healing from it to b) living permanently with the guilt of Robin & Barbara?

The "better" villain is the one who screws with your mind & adds doubt to your integrity. The Joker is by far the most feared. Joker has been plaguing Batman for years while Bane was the ultimate challenge. It's like saying sure Luthor affected Superman more so than Doomsday but when you compare the two Doomsday wins hands down.

quanchi112
Derp. Concession accepted.

Esau Cairn
Joker has been plaguing Batman for years while Bane was the ultimate challenge. It's like saying sure Luthor affected Superman more so than Doomsday but when you compare the two Doomsday wins hands down.

Yeah agree. I'm just saying that the moment Bane was made the villain for TDKR...fans already knew the outcome & what to expect.
Whereas there was really no definitive story line for The Joker to fall back on in TDK.

C-3POTheClever
The Joker without a doubt!

quanchi112
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
The Joker without a doubt! False.

Ridley_Prime
Bane to Joker: Ah, you think failed comedian jokes are your ally. You merely adopt with them. I was born around them, molded by them. I never got to hear a better joke than yours by the time I was already a man, and by then it was nothing to me but blinding!

Oh, and he's entitled to his opinion, quan.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Bane to Joker: Ah, you think failed comedian jokes are your ally. You merely adopt with them. I was born around them, molded by them. I never got to hear a better joke than yours by the time I was already a man, and by then it was nothing to me but blinding!

Oh, and he's entitled to his opinion, quan. People are entitled to be wrong. I agree. I try to help when I can. Shrugs shoulders and walks away.

-Pr-
Joker has been plaguing Batman for years while Bane was the ultimate challenge. It's like saying sure Luthor affected Superman more so than Doomsday but when you compare the two Doomsday wins hands down.

...What?

Mindset
Originally posted by -Pr-
Joker was better written, better played and better portrayed. Not that Bane was bad, Joker was just that good.

That said, I still enjoyed Bane more. thumb up

Esau Cairn
It's a difficult question to answer because the outcome of both villains were a bit disappointing.

The Joker's capture was a bit too similar to Burton's ending & Bane's "ultimate battle" with Batman proved to be too lame to believe.

quanchi112
...What? Joker and Luthor are enemies who go at these heroes for years. They are more familiar with these heroes than anyone. These aren't the ultimate villains they rely thereby on the ultimate scheme. The villains such as bane and Doomsday are the ultimate challenge in terms of villains. Joker and Luthor are like Cobra Commander from G I Joe. They show up every week and are defeated every week.

-Pr-
Joker and Luthor are enemies who go at these heroes for years. They are more familiar with these heroes than anyone. These aren't the ultimate villains they rely thereby on the ultimate scheme. The villains such as bane and Doomsday are the ultimate challenge in terms of villains. Joker and Luthor are like Cobra Commander from G I Joe. They show up every week and are defeated every week.

No; Luthor is Superman's ultimate challenge in pretty much every way. The entire reason he's stuck around for so long is because he's that dangerous.

Doomsday will almost kill Superman in a fist fight, but Luthor will poison his ****ing soul in a way that DD never could.

quanchi112
No; Luthor is Superman's ultimate challenge in pretty much every way. The entire reason he's stuck around for so long is because he's that dangerous.

Doomsday will almost kill Superman in a fist fight, but Luthor will poison his ****ing soul in a way that DD never could. Doomsday isn't psychological at all. In death of Superman who was the big villain ? Doomsday. Superman had nightmares about Doomsday not Luthor. Doomsday is the ultimate challenge whereas Luthor just needs great schemes. That's how it's always been.

-Pr-
Doomsday isn't psychological at all. In death of Superman who was the big villain ? Doomsday. Superman had nightmares about Doomsday not Luthor. Doomsday is the ultimate challenge whereas Luthor just needs great schemes. That's how it's always been.

You're totally off-base.

Doomsday haunted Superman for a short while, yes, but Luthor has done more damage in his career to Superman and Superman's life than Doomsday could ever hope to.

Luthor is Superman's ultimate challenge because he's the part of humanity, that very thing that Superman loves, that Superman can't save. Superman did have nightmares about Doomsday, yes, but only for a very short time. Luthor gets inside Superman's head and makes him react in ways that nobody else can. Superman lies awake at night worrying about whether Luthor will ruin his life in the morning, why? Because Superman can't beat Luthor by just punching him in the face.

Joker is the same to Batman.

quanchi112
You're totally off-base.

Doomsday haunted Superman for a short while, yes, but Luthor has done more damage in his career to Superman and Superman's life than Doomsday could ever hope to.

Luthor is Superman's ultimate challenge because he's the part of humanity, that very thing that Superman loves, that Superman can't save. Superman did have nightmares about Doomsday, yes, but only for a very short time. Luthor gets inside Superman's head and makes him react in ways that nobody else can. Superman lies awake at night worrying about whether Luthor will ruin his life in the morning, why? Because Superman can't beat Luthor by just punching him in the face.

Joker is the same to Batman. Doomsday isn't in his life on the regular but when he was he was the ultimate challenge. Luthor is the constant challenge so while he's worried because Luthor is obsessed Luthor isn't the big draw like Doomsday was. He's just the Doom like draw. Superman is worried about his schemes just like Joker is more scheming than Bane.

-Pr-
Doomsday isn't in his life on the regular but when he was he was the ultimate challenge. Luthor is the constant challenge so while he's worried because Luthor is obsessed Luthor isn't the big draw like Doomsday was. He's just the Doom like draw. Superman is worried about his schemes just like Joker is more scheming than Bane.

No.

ThePainefulTrut
Nothing against Tom Hardy, but they might as well have put a bag over his head and written his lines with cut and paste villain boilerplate.

Ledger's Joker was off-the-wall original genius that keeps us off balance and going to the movies. Plus he had a helluva lot to work with what with the pencil, the burning money pile, the hospital, the semi-trailer truck, the nurse, the bank robbery, the cocktail, the jail, the ferries and the finale scenes....to name a few. He was so evil he even stole the show.
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/076/a/3/Joker_Emoticon_by_Marker_GFX.gif

quanchi112
No. The two big arcs for these characters either dying or having their backs broken didn't have their long time nemesis as the protagonist. Bane was the final villain for Bale. Nuff said.

Newjak
Personally for me Bane, but Joker was flashier and probably more fun to watch for the average person.

I think Tom Hardy did an excellent job. Whenever Bane was on screen Tom played him cold, methodical and intimidating which is what Bane is supposed to be. He did it so well also.

A lot of people hold the plot of the movie against him. Some call him just a thug once the Talia reveal happened. I didn't get this same notion, he was obviously working for Talia but I think it was pretty obvious Bane wasn't a simple thug. It was even made reference he made the same calculations that one nuclear physicist did when he said "by my calculations".

Also Nolan made a direct decision to not allow the villain to steal the show again like Joker did from Batman. That's why he got the anti-climatic death.

So there is a difference cause Joker was allowed to steal the show Bane wasn't yet I still think he did somewhat steal it.

They were both terrific performances though. Like I said most people will choose the Joker but I much prefer a villain like Bane.

juggerman
The two big arcs for these characters either dying or having their backs broken didn't have their long time nemesis as the protagonist. Bane was the final villain for Bale. Nuff said.

Actually Talia was..... confused

Newjak
Originally posted by juggerman
Actually Talia was..... confused No it was Bane, I'm pretty sure he did all the heavy lifting, planning, and execution of said plan.

juggerman
Final villian was Talia. He faced her last so she was "final".

super pr*xy
Originally posted by Newjak
Personally for me Bane, but Joker was flashier and probably more fun to watch for the average person.

I think Tom Hardy did an excellent job. Whenever Bane was on screen Tom played him cold, methodical and intimidating which is what Bane is supposed to be. He did it so well also.

A lot of people hold the plot of the movie against him. Some call him just a thug once the Talia reveal happened. I didn't get this same notion, he was obviously working for Talia but I think it was pretty obvious Bane wasn't a simple thug. It was even made reference he made the same calculations that one nuclear physicist did when he said "by my calculations".

Also Nolan made a direct decision to not allow the villain to steal the show again like Joker did from Batman. That's why he got the anti-climatic death.

So there is a difference cause Joker was allowed to steal the show Bane wasn't yet I still think he did somewhat steal it.

They were both terrific performances though. Like I said most people will choose the Joker but I much prefer a villain like Bane.

well said, man.. i feel the same way.. but at the end of the day, there is no way to compare joker and bane.. bane broke batman physically but joker can break batman in so many other ways.. unmovable object meets unstoppable force..

quanchi112
Actually Talia was..... confused No, she wasn't. Bane was the finale villain. That was who Batman was pitted against. Just because talia was some secret Ras kid doesn't take away from the fact Bane was Batman's primary antagonist.

juggerman
Final villian was Talia. He faced her last so she was "final".

Newjak
Final villian was Talia. He faced her last so she was "final". If you're going to be so technical, technically the final villain was the bomb as that was his last obstacle stick out tongue

But it's pretty clear what Qaun is trying to say is Bane is the main boss.

juggerman
That would be obstacle not villian eek!

But seriously i think Talia would be considered the final villian since she was pretty much running the show. I know Bane was a much bigger challenge and threat but that difficulty doesn't go to the main/final bad guy.

There are several movies where the main bad guy is a push over but the main "henchmen" is the ultimate challenge. That's what i feel like is happening here. Talia would be like Travolta in Punisher while Bane would be the Russian. The Russian is clearly a much bigger physical threat and beat the hero's ass but Travolta was the top dog. Final villian and such

Dolos
Joker Joker Joker all the way.

Joker inflicted more pain on Batman by ****ing with everything. Batman's peak of pain was in the pit and even then he came back and Bane cried. The Joker never cried, the Joker didn't care, he was never beaten like Bane. You can't stop a plan that deals with pure chaos, totally improvised the whole way all that destruction for a sick man's pleasure.

It's good for the Joker, it's war for Bane - and guess who chills Batman's bones more? Super-sanity. Think of the worst thing in the world and the Joker would be completely unaffected by it, where does he come from? We know where Bane comes from, why is the Joker so much worse? We'll leave his super-sanity to speculation. Crazy bastard clown.

Davis Bloome
I'd go with the Joker, but they're pretty much neck & neck for me. The best thing is that they're two completely different villains with completely different tactics & ways of handling their plans.

I'll always love the unpredictable nature of Heath's Joker, but I also loved how Hardy's Bane perfectly blends intelligence with power.

Newjak
That would be obstacle not villian eek!

But seriously i think Talia would be considered the final villian since she was pretty much running the show. I know Bane was a much bigger challenge and threat but that difficulty doesn't go to the main/final bad guy.

There are several movies where the main bad guy is a push over but the main "henchmen" is the ultimate challenge. That's what i feel like is happening here. Talia would be like Travolta in Punisher while Bane would be the Russian. The Russian is clearly a much bigger physical threat and beat the hero's ass but Travolta was the top dog. Final villian and such Technically a villain does not have to be a person it just has to be a thing that is labeled evil, or opposes the protagonist. Boom the bomb was that stick out tongue

Talia was the person pulling Bane's strings but I think it was pretty clear it was Bane doing the heavy lifting and planning and executing of everything. Either way this is a pointless argument. Quan was pretty clearly trying to say Bane was the biggest villain in the movie and the one doing the most damage.

NemeBro
While certain fat and weedy individuals seem to believe being able to beat someone up is the mark of a great villains, Joker was a bigger psychological and ideological threat than Bane was, and unlike Bane was the sole mastermind behind his schemes.

KingD19
Also, breaking Batman's spine is far less than forcing him to be responsible(and tricking him) into killing the first love of his life.

Newjak
Originally posted by KingD19
Also, breaking Batman's spine is far less than forcing him to be responsible(and tricking him) into killing the first love of his life. He didn't just break Batman's Spine he literally tore through everything Bruce built Batman up to be.

As Bane said he was wondering what would break first his body or his spirit.

Bane also did more damage to the city than the Joker ever did. Bane also managed to kill the mayor something the Joker failed to do.

Tzeentch._
He didn't tear through everything Bruce built Batman up to be, because by the time TDK: R came around, almost everything Batman had, both from a physical perspective and a symbolic perspective, was already gone. By the time Bruce Wayne even got to the Joker, he was a broken man.

Robtard
Doomsday isn't in his life on the regular but when he was he was the ultimate challenge. Luthor is the constant challenge so while he's worried because Luthor is obsessed Luthor isn't the big draw like Doomsday was. He's just the Doom like draw. Superman is worried about his schemes just like Joker is more scheming than Bane.

Doomsday isn't psychological at all. In death of Superman who was the big villain ? Doomsday. Superman had nightmares about Doomsday not Luthor. Doomsday is the ultimate challenge whereas Luthor just needs great schemes. That's how it's always been.

Luthor is Superman's arch-nemesis. This is a fact and can't be argued.

The Joker is Batman's arch-nemesis. This is a fact and can't be argued.

Just stop talking. Okay.

Newjak
He didn't tear through everything Bruce built Batman up to be, because by the time TDK: R came around, almost everything Batman had, both from a physical perspective and a symbolic perspective, was already gone. By the time Bruce Wayne even got to the Joker, he was a broken man. What are you talking about. Last time I checked everything Batman stood for and used against criminals was still there.

He didn't let the Joker die, he took the blame for Harvey's killings, he was still a creature of the night that used his mask to instill fear into the criminal element.

That is what Bane broke. He took Batman's ability to bring fear, he took Batman's tools to be used against the very thing Batman stands for.

Robtard
What are you talking about. Last time I checked everything Batman stood for and used against criminals was still there.

He didn't let the Joker die, he took the blame for Harvey's killings, he was still a creature of the night that used his mask to instill fear into the criminal element.

That is what Bane broke. He took Batman's ability to bring fear, he took Batman's tools to be used against the very thing Batman stands for.

Batman had been basically inactive and out of commission for years and years by the time we get to TDK Rises. This was due to Joker's meddling in Returns.

Batman's symbolic appeal as a hero was crap after the Joker. He became a villain, a murderer of Gotham's "white knight" no less in the eyes of the public.

Newjak
Batman had been basically inactive and out of commission for years and years by the time we get to TDK Rises. This was due to Joker's meddling in Returns.

Batman's symbolic appeal as a hero was crap after the Joker. He became a villain, a murderer of Gotham's "white knight" no less in the eyes of the public I'm not talking about him being a hero I'm talking about everything Bruce built Batman up to be. A creature of the night to strike fear into villains. Bane totally tore that apart. Not even the Joker did that.

The fact is Batman tried to use everything he built himself up to be in the Bane encounter and it got totally taken from him.

His striking from the shadows, his armory, his body, his desire to save people. Bane took it and broke it all.

Also Bane plunged Gotham into far more Chaos than the Joker did.

Robtard
I'm not talking about him being a hero I'm talking about everything Bruce built Batman up to be. A creature of the night to strike fear into villains. Bane totally tore that apart. Not even the Joker did that.

The fact is Batman tried to use everything he built himself up to be in the Bane encounter and it got totally taken from him.

His striking from the shadows, his armory, his body, his desire to save people. Bane took it and broke it all.

Also Bane plunged Gotham into far more Chaos than the Joker did.

All that was already 'torn apart' before Bane showed his face and spoke with his silly voice. ie Batman was gone/retired and a murderer. By the opening scene of Rises, Gotham's criminals no longer feared him; Gotham's citizens no longer looked up to him as a hero. All courtesy of the Joker.

Batman was less than half the man he was in their first encounter.

There wasn't much to take, he was washed up already.

Bane also had a lot more help and it wasn't Bane. Talia was the mastermind, Bane was the muscle/grunt. Joker was #1 in his schemes.

Newjak
All that was already 'torn apart' before Bane showed his face and spoke with his silly voice. ie Batman was gone/retired and a murderer. Gotham's criminals no longer feared him by the opening scene of Returns.

Batman was less than half the man he was in their first encounter.

There wasn't much to take, he was washed up already.

Bane also had a lot more help and it wasn't Bane. Talia was the mastermind, Bane was the muscle/grunt. He wasn't torn apart, criminals still feared him except they were mostly in jail. And Batman had some of his better feats leading up to the Bane fight so he obviously wasn't half the man he was.

Bane was the one doing all the calculations and planning. Talia was just the pretty face was all. As he told the doctor by my calculations. He was more than a grunt/thug.

Robtard
He wasn't torn apart, criminals still feared him except they were mostly in jail. And Batman had some of his better feats leading up to the Bane fight so he obviously wasn't half the man he was.

Bane was the one doing all the calculations and planning. Talia was just the pretty face was all. As he told the doctor by my calculations. He was more than a grunt/thug.

Batman was torn, shredded and broken by the start of Rises. He had been retired for years (possibly presumed dead) and Gordon had cleaned up the streets using Dent's death and faulty hero-status as the push to galvanize all of Gotham against crime(key element of the end of Returns). Criminals didn't fear Batman any longer and he wasn't a symbol for good. Cos of the Joker. Why Gordon wanted to tell the truth during his speech in Rises.

No, it was evident at the end that Talia was pulling the strings all along. From Wayne losing his fortune and so forth.

Tzeentch._
What Bane says regarding the operation is largely irrelevent pre-Tali reveal, since he was trying keep her role hidden in it all a secret.

KingD19
Bane: By Talia's calculations...ohhhh crap.
Batman: Who the hell is Talia?
Bane: Umm, no one. Shut up. Good going Bane, you really screwed the pooch on that one.

Nephthys
He wasn't torn apart, criminals still feared him except they were mostly in jail. And Batman had some of his better feats leading up to the Bane fight so he obviously wasn't half the man he was.

Bane specifically says that 'victory has defeated you.' Batman was clearly wrecked and out of practice by Rises.

The_Tempest
...And yet could still put his leg through a brick pillar without flinching. I wish Nolan would have made his mind up. uhuh

More interestingly, how did the big but not gargantuan Bane have the strength to pick up a fairly large brah in what is presumably heavy-ass armor by the neck with one hand and carry him aloft like a declawed feline?

The anesthetic pain didn't convey superhuman strength in the film, did it?

Robtard
Originally posted by The_Tempest
...And yet could still put his leg through a brick pillar without flinching. I wish Nolan would have made his mind up. uhuh

With the help of cybernetics.

The_Tempest
Which explains the power, but not the lack of shattered foot. I'm pretty sure it was a brace and not a full-blown cast.

Robtard
Pretty sure it supported him from just below the hip down to a brace around his foot.

I'd have to check though.

The_Tempest
Get back to me on that, woodja? Should it be a mere brace, then Bane must be declared the winner by default.

Nephthys

More interestingly, how did the big but not gargantuan Bane have the strength to pick up a fairly large brah in what is presumably heavy-ass armor by the neck with one hand and carry him aloft like a declawed feline?

Indicating that such a feat is below him when he was at his peak. Plus he just smashed it a bit, he didn't put his foot through it and they were old bricks.

The fact is that a doctor spelled out for us just how badly Bruces body was damaged, and it was basically a lot. Besides which is the decline in his fighting prowess.

Bane is borderline superhumanly strong. He shatters a side of a pillar with his punches and cracks Batmans cowl.

Robtard
Get back to me on that, woodja? Should it be a mere brace, then Bane must be declared the winner by default.

Winner of what?

NemeBro
I'm not talking about him being a hero I'm talking about everything Bruce built Batman up to be. A creature of the night to strike fear into villains. Bane totally tore that apart. Not even the Joker did that.
I'd disagree, actually.

Joker completely abolished the notion of Batman being the boogieman of the underworld... By replacing him as a far more terrifying one.

Look back at Marcone's conversation with him.

"You have rules. The clown? He don't have rules." Or some shit like that.

Criminals no longer feared Batman. They feared the Joker.

NemeBro

Bane honestly has a build that is not far off from Olympic strongmen.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by NemeBro
Bane honestly has a build that is not far off from Olympic strongmen.

We must have watched different movies... or different Olympics.

The_Tempest
Winner of what?

This thread. It all comes down to the foot.

The_Tempest
Indicating that such a feat is below him when he was at his peak. Plus he just smashed it a bit, he didn't put his foot through it and they were old bricks.

The fact is that a doctor spelled out for us just how badly Bruces body was damaged, and it was basically a lot. Besides which is the decline in his fighting prowess.

Bane is borderline superhumanly strong. He shatters a side of a pillar with his punches and cracks Batmans cowl.

Yeah I know, I just wondered if there was an explanation for his strength that I missed.

Esau Cairn
Which explains the power, but not the lack of shattered foot. I'm pretty sure it was a brace and not a full-blown cast.

Yes it was a brace.
A magical one that "repaired" the damage on his other knee as well as his arms & shoulders.

Kinda makes you wonder why Bruce spent 8 years hobbling with a walking stick & not use/make the brace straight after TDK....

Robtard
His other joints might have not been as painful to him.

Cos it hurts to wear. He cried like a whiny ***** when he put it on.

Get back to me on that, woodja?.

It was just a knee brace, started about mid thigh and end a bit under the knee.

The bricks he kicks were already crumbling and he didn't break all that much

Dolos
He cried like a whiny ***** when he put it on.

No he cried like a man. Like when he was straightening out his forever ****ed back.

Dolos
Originally posted by Davis Bloome
I'd go with the Joker, but they're pretty much neck & neck for me. The best thing is that they're two completely different villains with completely different tactics & ways of handling their plans.

I'll always love the unpredictable nature of Heath's Joker, but I also loved how Hardy's Bane perfectly blends intelligence with power.

Talia was the only one with a fricken plan and it failed.

The Joker's plans don't fail because he doesn't have any.

Newjak
Originally posted by Dolos
Talia was the only one with a fricken plan and it failed.

The Joker's plans don't fail because he doesn't have any. I love how people are like the Joker didn't have a plan, of course he had a plan. His plan was to get Gotham's people to kill themselves to show them their true selves which failed and you can tell his plan failed by the look on the Joker's face afterwards. He just told Harvey all that hogwash about chaos to get him to do what he wanted.

Batman was torn, shredded and broken by the start of Rises. He had been retired for years (possibly presumed dead) and Gordon had cleaned up the streets using Dent's death and faulty hero-status as the push to galvanize all of Gotham against crime(key element of the end of Returns). Criminals didn't fear Batman any longer and he wasn't a symbol for good. Cos of the Joker. Why Gordon wanted to tell the truth during his speech in Rises.

No, it was evident at the end that Talia was pulling the strings all along. From Wayne losing his fortune and so forth. People still feared the Batman, I mean that one cop who shot Bruce's emp gun about peed himself when Batman gave him the are you serious face. So obviously people were still afraid of him.

He also took out multiple armed gunmen trained in the League of Shadows ways. That would by far be his best group fighting feat.

As for the brace you find a brick pillar that looks the same as the one in that shot and try and kick it apart and tell me how far you get down on it. My guess not very far at least not without a broken foot.

As for the Talia reveal nothing in the shots or aftermath contradicts anything Bane did.

She never said, "Oh look Bruce I'm the one who planned this all. I'm the one who did all the calculations." It's pretty obvious Bane was quite intelligent and obviously doing a lot of the heavy work for Talia, like planning, running the operations, and putting all the steps together.

I mean she may have put the overall plan together but it's pretty obvious Bane was the one making it work.

Unless you think while she was pretending to be a Gotham socialite for years trying to convince Bruce to give her the new energy source she found time to plan complex snatch and grabs, to the detail, as well as get all the contracts and business people together to rig all of gotham to blow up like it did, while sneaking all the men into gotham with heavy weapons.

I think at best Talia was more of a figure head, and she was like Bane I need Batman's armory make it happen. Bane I want this scientist make it happen. Bane this is my plan make it happen.

juggerman
Technically a villain does not have to be a person it just has to be a thing that is labeled evil, or opposes the protagonist. Boom the bomb was that stick out tongue

Talia was the person pulling Bane's strings but I think it was pretty clear it was Bane doing the heavy lifting and planning and executing of everything. Either way this is a pointless argument. Quan was pretty clearly trying to say Bane was the biggest villain in the movie and the one doing the most damage.

Bomb wasn't evil. That would be like saying Talia's daggar was evil too. And the bomb didn't oppose anything. It just let everybody use it and throw it away. Like a WHORE!!! eek!

I know what quan was saying and i was disagreeing. Bane was a henchmen. I very smart, very capable, very powerful HENCHMEN. And boom goes the dynamite

Newjak
Please that bomb was pure evil. You could tell just from it's maniacal laughter stick out tongue

juggerman
Please that bomb was pure evil. You could tell just from it's maniacal laughter stick out tongue

laughing

quanchi112
So you believe Batman's main adversary in the movie was Talia ? Originally posted by Robtard
Luthor is Superman's arch-nemesis. This is a fact and can't be argued.

The Joker is Batman's arch-nemesis. This is a fact and can't be argued.

Just stop talking. Okay. No, those are just the recurring villains. They aren't his ultimate enemies just the frequented ones.

Death of Superman--Doomsday, pal. He broke Superman. Luthor hasn't. Luthor just cooks up plans for years and always comes up short.

Batman was broken in combat by Bane not Joker. Joker might plague him more but having his back broken in combat >>>>Joker.

Now sit down Rob or I will have to embarrass you again.Originally posted by Tzeentch._
He didn't tear through everything Bruce built Batman up to be, because by the time TDK: R came around, almost everything Batman had, both from a physical perspective and a symbolic perspective, was already gone. By the time Bruce Wayne even got to the Joker, he was a broken man. Laughable. Joker was easily taken in by Batman.

juggerman
So you believe Batman's main adversary in the movie was Talia ?

No. Just the final one

quanchi112
No. Just the final one By your own logic Two face in the final boss of part 2.

laughing out loud

Feel the burn.

juggerman
Final villian not boss.

Oh in ya FACE!

quanchi112
Final villian not boss.

Oh in ya FACE! Joker deferred to him which kinda makes him his unofficial boss. Some uneventful showdown in an alley isn't greater than an event which almost takes gotham off the map.

Bane>>>Joker the crossdresser.

juggerman
Joker deferred to him which kinda makes him his unofficial boss. Some uneventful showdown in an alley isn't greater than an event which almost takes gotham off the map.

Bane>>>Joker the crossdresser.

Joker "created" him and let him run amok. Hardly makes him a boss. Villian yes but not boss

Robtard
No, those are just the recurring villains. They aren't his ultimate enemies just the frequented ones.

Death of Superman--Doomsday, pal. He broke Superman. Luthor hasn't. Luthor just cooks up plans for years and always comes up short.

Batman was broken in combat by Bane not Joker. Joker might plague him more but having his back broken in combat >>>>Joker.

Now sit down Rob or I will have to embarrass you again. Laughable. Joker was easily taken in by Batman.

LoL. So utterly wrong.

You need to read some comics, or in the very least do a few minutes of internetting. A hero getting his ass kicked doesn't mean the ass-kicker is his/her arch nemesis by that merit alone.

You're too busy embarrassing yourself with wrongness, so slow down before you take on another task.

quanchi112
LoL. So utterly wrong.

You need to read some comics, or in the very least do a few minutes of internetting. A hero getting his ass kicked doesn't mean the ass-kicker is his/her arch nemesis by that merit alone.

You're too busy embarrassing yourself with wrongness, so slow down before you take on another task. Each of these mega events needed someone badass enough to do so. It wasn't their recurring baddie. It was someone who took them to the brink. The Batman trilogy also makes it clear. Bane was the final main antagonist not Joker. Joker was someone he easily took out. Originally posted by juggerman
Joker "created" him and let him run amok. Hardly makes him a boss. Villian yes but not boss Joker gave him the chance to take his own life. That's something a boss can do. Best part is this final villain thing backfired on you.

Bane broke Batman on screen. Joker was someone batman easily rounded up.

Robtard
Each of these mega events needed someone badass enough to do so. It wasn't their recurring baddie. It was someone who took them to the brink.

You can moan all you like, it's not going to change the canonical fact that The Joker and Luther are respectively Batman's and Superman's arch nemesis. Read some comics, man.

juggerman
Joker gave him the chance to take his own life. That's something a boss can do. Best part is this final villain thing backfired on you.

Bane broke Batman on screen. Joker was someone batman easily rounded up.

A boss needs someone to allow them the opportunity to kill them? Wow quan. Just wow. Bosses don't get permission to do things. Two Face needed permission. Just WOW

NemeBro
Joker killed Jason Todd.

He crippled Barbara.

Joker has psychologically ****ed with Batman in ways Bane could not even ****ing dream of, going by the comics, you stupid mongoloid.

quanchi112
You can moan all you like, it's not going to change the canonical fact that The Joker and Luther are respectively Batman's and Superman's arch nemesis. Read some comics, man. Name me a few arcs spotlighting Luthoro of greater significance than Death of Superman ?

quanchi112
A boss needs someone to allow them the opportunity to kill them? Wow quan. Just wow. Bosses don't get permission to do things. Two Face needed permission. Just WOW He didn't need permission. Giving someone the opportunity to take your life means he was the boss of his life. That's called owning someone.Originally posted by NemeBro
Joker killed Jason Todd.

He crippled Barbara.

Joker has psychologically ****ed with Batman in ways Bane could not even ****ing dream of, going by the comics, you stupid mongoloid. Due to being a recurring villain. Pay attention to what it is I am saying you hick.

Robtard
Name me a few arcs spotlighting Luthoro of greater significance than Death of Superman ?

LoL, at least you conceded the Joker/Batman issue. That's a start.

Sorry, not going to get into another circular argument where I post stuff and you'll do a dance and/or ignore clown-show yet again. Lex Luthor is Superman's arch nemesis. Just getting your ass kicked by a villain doesn't cut it.

You and your penchant for throwaway villains.

Dolos
I love how people are like the Joker didn't have a plan, of course he had a plan. His plan was to get Gotham's people to kill themselves to show them their true selves which failed and you can tell his plan failed by the look on the Joker's face afterwards. He just told Harvey all that hogwash about chaos to get him to do what he wanted.

He made it up as he went along. When he started out his plan didn't look anything like that. His plan is terror, or fun with the Batman whose psych he found interesting. That's what made his plans better than Talia or Ducard's, they're plans were sedantic whereas the Joker's was adapted and improvised.

quanchi112
LoL, at least you conceded the Joker/Batman issue. That's a start.

Sorry, not going to get into another circular argument where I post stuff and you'll do a dance and/or ignore clown-show yet again. Lex Luthor is Superman's arch nemesis. Just getting your ass kicked by a villain doesn't cut it.

You and your penchant for throwaway villains. No, name an arc for both of greater significance.

I knew you couldn't give one example. You don't read comics or grasp movies.

Luthor fails time and time again. Superman can afford to keep him alive because he's a joke. Doomsday needs to die because he's that big of a deal.

juggerman
He didn't need permission. Giving someone the opportunity to take your life means he was the boss of his life. That's called owning someone.

He did need permission. He was completely at Joker's mercy for the 2nd time. Had Joker not put the gun in his hand he would never have had the option to kill him. In other words Joker gave him the power.. joker at anytime could have taken away that power. Not sounding very boss-like

Newjak
He made it up as he went along. When he started out his plan didn't look anything like that. His plan is terror, or fun with the Batman whose psych he found interesting. That's what made his plans better than Talia or Ducard's, they're plans were sedantic whereas the Joker's was adapted and improvised. How much of it do you know is improvised.

He rigged two entire warehouses to blow, he rigged two boats to blow, had transmitters built for them. Some of the stuff he probably did make up but he definitely invested way too much time and effort for it to have been all made as as he goes.

Also even if he did that in no way makes his plans better. Especially considering his plans were in fact kind of dumb when you think about them too much stick out tongue

Dolos
How much of it do you know is improvised.

He rigged two entire warehouses to blow, he rigged two boats to blow, had transmitters built for them. Some of the stuff he probably did make up but he definitely invested way too much time and effort for it to have been all made as as he goes.

Also even if he did that in no way makes his plans better. Especially considering his plans were in fact kind of dumb when you think about them too much stick out tongue

He did relish in disfiguring Harvey's face.

That's why he's a better villain, because he's undeniably crazier. A villain should be measured on their malevolence. The closer to the Slanderer himself, the better.

Newjak

That's why he's a better villain, because he's undeniably crazier. A villain should be measured on their malevolence. The closer to the Slanderer himself, the better. So stick out tongue

And that only makes him a better villain in your eyes, people have different opinions on what makes villain better.

quanchi112
He did need permission. He was completely at Joker's mercy for the 2nd time. Had Joker not put the gun in his hand he would never have had the option to kill him. In other words Joker gave him the power.. joker at anytime could have taken away that power. Not sounding very boss-like Yes, giving someone power over you makes them your boss. I cannot think of a more submissive act than giving an unarmed man a gun and letting them kill you if they choose. Then again Joker does like lady's clothing.Originally posted by Dolos

That's why he's a better villain, because he's undeniably crazier. A villain should be measured on their malevolence. The closer to the Slanderer himself, the better. That's how choose to rate a villain but your criteria applies to you and you alone.

Robtard
No, name an arc for both of greater significance.

I knew you couldn't give one example. You don't read comics or grasp movies.

Luthor fails time and time again. Superman can afford to keep him alive because he's a joke. Doomsday needs to die because he's that big of a deal.

Derp-a-derp-derp. Crisis on Infinite Earths was of far greater importance. That was pre Doomsday. Kingdom Come was of far greater importance. Anyhow, time for you to do your dance. Derp.

Not that arguing against facts ever stopped you. But the Death of Superman wasn't all that "great" and Doomsday isn't Superman's arch nem cos of it. Superman came back shortly after and we learn he didn't actually die. A decent story, but nothing spectacular.

Derp-a-derp-derp. Doomsday came back too. Derp.

juggerman
Yes, giving someone power over you makes them your boss. I cannot think of a more submissive act than giving an unarmed man a gun and letting them kill you if they choose. Then again Joker does like lady's clothing.

So anyone with a gun that can kill someone if they choose to is a boss? Some low standards you got there

quanchi112
So anyone with a gun that can kill someone if they choose to is a boss? Some low standards you got there Yes, you allow them full power over your life. I liken to to master and slave. Joker is Two face's slave.

quanchi112
Derp-a-derp-derp. Crisis on Infinite Earths was of far greater importance. That was pre Doomsday. Kingdom Come was of far greater importance. Anyhow, time for you to do your dance. Derp.

Not that arguing against facts ever stopped you. But the Death of Superman wasn't all that "great" and Doomsday isn't Superman's arch nem cos of it. Superman came back shortly after and we learn he didn't actually die. A decent story, but nothing spectacular.

Derp-a-derp-derp. Doomsday came back too. Derp. Kingdom Come has to do with a different superman. You are so ignorant is actually causes my handsome face to smile. I am talking in terms of solo threat to Superman.

You didn't name any arcs with Luthor in them as the main villain. How typical of you. You're still such a dwarf.

Newjak
Yes, you allow them full power over your life. I liken to to master and slave. Joker is Two face's slave. Joker gave Harvey a gun but that doesn't mean Harvey become the main boss around there. Maybe you can argue in that instant Two-Face had all the power but that doesn't make him the actual boss of the Joker as in telling him to do things.

Robtard
Kingdom Come has to do with a different superman. You are so ignorant is actually causes my handsome face to smile. I am talking in terms of solo threat to Superman.

You didn't name any arcs with Luthor in them as the main villain. How typical of you. You're still such a dwarf.

LoL. The Quanchi-Dance as expected. "No, I meant this Superman only!!!" Derp-a-derp-derp.

Keep crying and arguing against facts. Lex is Superman's arch nem. Just going to have to deal with it.

quanchi112
LoL. The Quanchi-Dance as expected. "No, I meant this Superman only!!!" Derp-a-derp-derp.

Keep crying and arguing against facts. Lex is Superman's arch nem. Just going to have to deal with it. I mean the ne Superman. There are alternate Superman so their experiences aren't the same. Dear lord. Doomsday is his greater challenge. Death of Superman. Cry some more, nerd.Originally posted by Newjak
Joker gave Harvey a gun but that doesn't mean Harvey become the main boss around there. Maybe you can argue in that instant Two-Face had all the power but that doesn't make him the actual boss of the Joker as in telling him to do things. He gave him control over his life. In that moment he became his slave.

Newjak
I mean the ne Superman. There are alternate Superman so their experiences aren't the same. Dear lord. Doomsday is his greater challenge. Death of Superman. Cry some more, nerd. He gave him control over his life. In that moment he became his slave. Perhaps you could argue in that moment but afterwards Two-Face had no power over the Joker. And it doesn't make Harvey the main boss either.

Robtard
I mean the ne Superman. There are alternate Superman so their experiences aren't the same. Dear lord. Doomsday is his greater challenge. Death of Superman. Cry some more, nerd.

You didn't counter any of this and it's still crushing you:

Keep crying and arguing against facts. Lex is Superman's arch nem. Just going to have to deal with it.

Be a man, admit you are simply wrong. You tried to slyly back away from your claim that Bane and not the Joker was Batman's arch nem and I let it slide out of the kindness of my heart and the pity I feel for you.

quanchi112
You didn't counter any of this and it's still crushing you:

Be a man, admit you are simply wrong. You tried to slyly back away from your claim that Bane and not the Joker was Batman's arch nem and I let it slide out of the kindness of my heart and the pity I feel for you. So the death of Superman isn't that significant to Superman as say Kingdom Come which didn't even happen to him ? You're like a schoolgirl.

Bane is his greatest challenge/nemesis. That's 100 percent accurate.

Robtard
So the death of Superman isn't that significant to Superman as say Kingdom Come which didn't even happen to him ? You're like a schoolgirl.

Bane is his greatest challenge/nemesis. That's 100 percent accurate.

Derp.

And a return of that derp. You're so easy to control. It's not even fun anymore.

quanchi112
Derp.

And a return of that derp. You're so easy to control. It's not even fun anymore. You gave an arc that never happened to mainstream Superman. You're ignorant.

Robtard
You gave an arc that never happened to mainstream Superman.

You're ignorant.

Derp. And back to the "No, I only was including a certain Superman!!1!!" tear-sesson. Derp.

Derp. Says the guy crying against facts. Derp-pppp.

Newjak
You like the word Derp Rob

quanchi112
Derp. And back to the "No, I only was including a certain Superman!!1!!" tear-sesson. Derp.

Derp. Says the guy crying against facts. Derp-pppp. So alternate Superman all count ? They are different Supermen from different realities. You really need to phone a friend.

Robtard
You like the word Derp Rob

Only when dealing with derps like Quanchi.

Newjak
It's annoying to read stick out tongue

And Quan Lex is Superman's arch-nemesis.

Doomsday tends to be a special case scenario.

And even though I like Bane better the Joker is Batman's main villain and arch-nemesis.

quanchi112
It's annoying to read stick out tongue

And Quan Lex is Superman's arch-nemesis.

Doomsday tends to be a special case scenario.

And even though I like Bane better the Joker is Batman's main villain and arch-nemesis. Recurring villain is all they are. They aren't the ultimate challenge such as Bane and doomsday. That's the point.Originally posted by Robtard
Only when dealing with derps like Quanchi. Says the guy who doesn't even know the mainstream Superman from a much older one in another reality. Man up.

Robtard
. Says the guy who doesn't even know the mainstream Superman from a much older one in another reality. Man up.

Can't refute this still:

Derp. And back to the "No, I only was including a certain Superman!!1!!" tear-session. Derp.

BackFire
Joker, easily. Bane was comical at times because of his voice. The first time he spoke, during a scene that was supposed to be filled with foreboding, I started cracking up.

Joker was menacing and scary on a level beyond Bane. Bane looked intimidating physically, but Joker earned it through intelligence, manipulation and pure insanity.

quanchi112
Can't refute this still: We can't include every other Superman you tool. Go read some comics you disgust me.

Robtard
We can't include every other Superman you tool. Go read some comics you disgust me.

Listen, in the end it doesn't matter which Superman you bias-pick to try and prove your failed point, as Doomsday isn't Superman's Arch Nemesis in any of them. You lost, again. Condolences.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>