Maxima VS Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Maxima

VS

Thor

Warrior Queen or Warrior Prince

Zack Fair
Thor.

Gets verbally owned before he gets oneshot.

pym-ftw
Depends where u put Thor's TP resistance, he would win the physical match up

Zack Fair
Thor's TP resistance would be up there me thinks. His showing against Emma was very nice...even if it made no sense whatsoever.

D-Block
Thor wins

leonidas
thor wins a majority imo, but she could certainly take some. maybe 7/10 thor. more if her magnetic powers allow her to affect the hammer.

the Darkone
Originally posted by leonidas
thor wins a majority imo, but she could certainly take some. maybe 7/10 thor. more if her magnetic powers allow her to affect the hammer.

I second this, Thor is just too damn powerful for her! Thor abilities are greater than hers, the man can affect sky fathers and up. Maxima would try to have his babies tbh with you guys, she will droll over Thor to mate with her.

guy222
thor

Supra
Thor

keiththegreat
Maxima

LordofBrooklyn
Maxima's worthiness to wield Mjolnir is an x-factor.

She is fast enough to knock Mjolnir out of Thor's hand and then use it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Who says Maxima is worthy?

Thor wins.

she might be...

the Darkone
Originally posted by 753
she might be...
In her mind!

keiththegreat
She doesn't need to be worthy, she can move fast enough to grab his wrist and make him beat himself with his own hammer. It's a proven tactic against Thor.

Silent Master
Originally posted by keiththegreat
She doesn't need to be worthy, she can move fast enough to grab his wrist and make him beat himself with his own hammer. It's a proven tactic against Thor.

How many people with Maxima level strength have done it?

Zack Fair
Thor has accepted his current role and gigs in comics so he will knock himself out with mjolnir.

-Pr-
Thor.

Glorificus
Thor wins.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Who says Maxima is worthy?

Thor wins.

Maxima fits in well with past wielders of Mjolnir. If Cap is worthy then certaintly Maxima is.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Maxima fits in well with past wielders of Mjolnir. If Cap is worthy then certaintly Maxima is.

Lol? Not sure if serious.

Captain America embodies all that is good that is only matched by someone like Superman, but more warrior like which is why he's probably worth of Mjolnir unlike Superman all the time.

Maxima is no Wonder Woman.

Mindset
Maxima beats Thor to death.

He really has nothing for her.

Except a face to smash in.

LordofBrooklyn
Lol? Not sure if serious.

Captain America embodies all that is good that is only matched by someone like Superman, but more warrior like which is why he's probably worth of Mjolnir unlike Superman all the time.

Maxima is no Wonder Woman.

Maxima seems to fit the Norse warrior ethos just fine.

Mindset
I wonder if the massive amount of Thor's brain matter on Maxima's hands will make Mjolnir think Thor is holding it.

Silent Master
That's not brain matter.

Konton
Edge to Maxima unless Thor goes all exotic with mjolnir, her telekinesis being the deciding factor for me.

Q99
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Thor's TP resistance would be up there me thinks. His showing against Emma was very nice...even if it made no sense whatsoever.

He has been controlled by Moondragon though, iirc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor doesn't have telepathic defenses in the classical sense, a powerful telepath has an extremely good shoot of seizing his mind if they have the jump. But piss him off, or get into a contest of wills? It's a whole different kind of animal. More powerful telepaths than Maxima have failed in that endeavor.

zopzop
Originally posted by keiththegreat
laughing
It's gonna be close but I think Maxima would get the slight majority.
Originally posted by Q99
He has been controlled by Moon dragon though, iirc.
Why go that far back for an example of Thor getting owned mentally. Just recently, Prof. X put his ass into a coma with a wave of his hand.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, that settles that. It's not like Thor also has a very positive track record against mental intrusions, specifically one's he's prepared for. I could just point to Phoenix Emma Frost and Rachel Grey recently proving ineffective against Thor telepathically. And those were in combat, not like your example.

How is Maxima going to win?

zopzop
Yea, that settles that. It's not like Thor also has a very positive track record against mental intrusions, specifically one's he's prepared for. I could just point to Phoenix Emma Frost and Rachel Grey recently proving ineffective against Thor telepathically. And those were in combat, not like your example.
Thor is hit and miss against mental powers. There are examples of it working and not working (depending on skill and power of the telepath). Rachel Summers or Emma Frost are no Maxima. Not by a long shot.

By beating the phuck out of him?

Zack Fair
Maxima owning Orion is dangerous...

Thor still wins. She will be gasping and drooling all over Thor's muscles to put up a fight.

Galan007
Given some of Maxima's feats, implying that her TP/TK would be ineffective against Thor is a bit of a stretch, imo.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by zopzop
Thor is hit and miss against mental powers. There are examples of it working and not working (depending on skill and power of the telepath). Rachel Summers or Emma Frost are no Maxima. Not by a long shot.

I didn't say his entire history was spotless, but he has a very solid record against direct assaults, particularly when its an upfront contest of wills.

Can Maxima shut down his mind? Possible yes. Can Thor resist? Unless it's a surprise assault, also very possible.

I doubt Maxima is superior to Phoenix Emma Frost, but I don't know much about Rachel outside of her Phoenix years.

By beating the phuck out of him?

Lol, okay then.

Zack Fair
Maxima needs to come back to DC in new 52. Possibly have her and wondy duke it out over Supes in a bikini mudmatch droolio

Rage.Of.Olympus
Maxima owning Orion is dangerous...

Thor still wins. She will be gasping and drooling all over Thor's muscles to put up a fight.

Yea, she did incapacitate him with intense psychic pain but that's the exact kind of shit I would advise against. Unlike Orion for some reason, Thor can resist a psychic assault and has.

zopzop
I didn't say his entire history was spotless, but he has a very solid record against direct assaults, particularly when its an upfront contest of wills.

Can Maxima shut down his mind? Possible yes. Can Thor resist? Unless it's a surprise assault, also very possible.

I doubt Maxima is superior to Phoenix Emma Frost, but I don't know much about Rachel outside of her Phoenix years.

Lol, okay then.
I'm not entirely disagreeing with you, I'm just saying Maxima is an Xavier level telepath and she could shut down his mind if she so chose. But she'd probably get stupid and try brawling. That's why I gave her only a slight edge win wise.

If her TP don't work, then reverse this. Thor for the slight majority (she's no slouch physical stat wise, but she's no Thor).

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm not entirely disagreeing with you, I'm just saying Maxima is an Xavier level telepath and she could shut down his mind if she so chose. But she'd probably get stupid and try brawling. That's why I gave her only a slight edge win wise.

If her TP don't work, then reverse this. Thor for the slight majority (she's no slouch physical stat wise, but she's no Thor).

Xavier level telepath? I'm not sure of that tbh.

Fair enough I guess. Thor doesn't have formal psychic defenses but his mental will power is immense. His best mental defensive feats are from Blood and Thunder probably, and shit on Maxima's best from what I've seen.

leonidas
she is certainly NOT xavier level, that i can tell you confidently..... she could certainly win some, but i don't really see her taking mental control. i could see her tp hindering him, f'ing him up, allowing her to use her own speed and strength (almost his level) to ko him, but i'd still take thor for a decent majority given his total history.

DarkSaint85
Thor wins here.

LordofBrooklyn

How is Maxima going to win?

Maxima is going to win by keeping Thor off balance with TK/TP, Superspeed, super-strength and extreme combat skills. Makima has the stamina and invulnerabilty to withstand Thor's attacks.

How is the Odinson going to beat Maxima?

Branlor Swift
Upper cutting her teeth out

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Upper cutting her teeth out

Swing and a miss!

Silent Master
Swing and a miss!

She doesn't have teeth?

-Pr-
Maxima needs to come back to DC in new 52. Possibly have her and wondy duke it out over Supes in a bikini mudmatch droolio

thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Silent Master
She doesn't have teeth?

She is sharpening them on Thor's face.

Branlor Swift
She is sharpening them on Thor's face. Thor's face is tough enough to grind her teeth into shark teeth?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Thor's face is tough enough to grind her teeth into shark teeth?

Yes, this is well established canon.

RageOfOlympus will readily affirm this.

Arabus
Originally posted by leonidas
she is certainly NOT xavier level, that i can tell you confidently.....

Based on?

DTM
Maxima is strong and tough, no doubt about it, but IMO she aint beating Thor close to more than not. Im not sure Id give Maxima the win over Wonder Woman, and Id pick Thor to beat Wonder Woman, soooo......

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by DTM
Maxima is strong and tough, no doubt about it, but IMO she aint beating Thor close to more than not. Im not sure Id give Maxima the win over Wonder Woman, and Id pick Thor to beat Wonder Woman, soooo......

Maxima is VERY strong and tough besides being a high level psionic with tremendous fighting skills and superior speed.

pym-ftw
Maxima is supes's Catwoman she's a rogue in name only

If she can't distract him mentally she loses physically and gravely in versatility

-Pr-
Maxima isn't Superman's Catwoman. At all.

DTM
Maxima is VERY strong and tough besides being a high level psionic with tremendous fighting skills and superior speed.

I agree, but Thor isnt just some musclehead with a hammer, mind you. Hes fought beings well beyond Maximas level, and win or lose, the guy puts on an Amazing display each and every time. Maxima cant beat Superman (this is Fact, which is why Maxima craves Kal as her mate), and Thor is pretty much a match for Superman, so Ill heavily support him beating Maxima much more than not.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by -Pr-
Maxima isn't Superman's Catwoman. At all.
So you think she could take the kind of beating Kal gives DS,DD, or Mongol?

Or better yet he actually fights her with that level?
Idk I don't view her at HH at all but that's imho

-Pr-
Originally posted by pym-ftw
So you think she could take the kind of beating Kal gives DS,DD, or Mongol?

Or better yet he actually fights her with that level?
Idk I don't view her at HH at all but that's imho

She's in his tier, so isn't someone that Superman operating at standard levels would stomp all over.

Philosophía
Maxima wins.

MrMind
This isn't even a fight anymore. Maxima TPs Thor till he shits his pants

Galan007
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.