Greg Pak & Jae Lee On "batman/superman"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Link
eek!

Golgo13
I'm excited. Glad to see Pak in DC. He's done some good work in the past and some not so good.

Mindship
The Superman/Batman series is probably my favorite DC work. I look forward to this new stuff.

Badabing
Originally posted by abhilegend
Link
eek! If Pak's as much a fan of Bats/Supes as he is of Hulk...banana02

curryman
Has Pak ever written anything that hasn't been complete and utter garbage?

Planet Hulk was good and Magneto Testament was OK, but I honestly don't see any reason to have high hopes for this sad

Damborgson
Pak? This could be interesting feat wise.
Originally posted by curryman
Has Pak ever written anything that hasn't been complete and utter garbage?

Planet Hulk was good and Magneto Testament was OK, but I honestly don't see any reason to have high hopes for this sad

If he keeps Planet Hulk quality it should be very good.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Interesting? It's gonna be a feat fest.

Forget the Hulk, look at Hercules or Cho. Pretty much any character he takes an interest in looks great and often chumps everyone else one way or the other. It's like Loeb or Starlin.

CosmicComet
Or he may just undercut one or both of them if he doesn't like them as much as past pets.

wink

-Pr-
If this is anything like Hercules or Planet Hulk, there'll be good times ahead.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Interesting? It's gonna be a feat fest.

Forget the Hulk, look at Hercules or Cho. Pretty much any character he takes an interest in looks great and often chumps everyone else one way or the other. It's like Loeb or Starlin.

It definitely may be. If he's not as in to superman or batman as past pet characters though, there's a chance for moderation.

OR, Superman will lift the weight of the Earth for 10 days no in order to add consistency to the other feat, and Batman will one shot a newly introduced DC Thor. http://www.boxingforum24.com/images/smilies/eusa_think.gif

Just gotta wait and see.

Bentley
Superman will be Herc and Batman will be Cho, and hilarity ensues.

Pak gets bad rep because WWH was garbage, but events in Marvel tend to be controlled by the editorial hand, his Hulk run was actually quite good, and Incredible Herc was an awesome comicbook. It's still one of those odd writers I'm happy to read in new books, good pick for DC.

curryman
Originally posted by Bentley

Pak gets bad rep because WWH was garbage, but events in Marvel tend to be controlled by the editorial hand, his Hulk run was actually quite good, and Incredible Herc was an awesome comicbook. It's still one of those odd writers I'm happy to read in new books, good pick for DC.

Was there anything to Cho other than being smart, sassy and a Hulk fanboy?

Damborgson
Originally posted by Bentley

His Hulk ran had it's pretty good moments no doubt, and Planet Hulk has been my personnel favorite mini series for the Hulk ever. But if he wants to, he'll trade good story for wanking. Which is a risk here...

-Pr-
Originally posted by Damborgson
It definitely may be. If he's not as in to superman or batman as past pet characters though, there's a chance for moderation.

OR, Superman will lift the weight of the Earth for 10 days no in order to add consistency to the other feat, and Batman will one shot a newly introduced DC Thor. http://www.boxingforum24.com/images/smilies/eusa_think.gif

Just gotta wait and see.

Thor was in DC years ago.

Damborgson
In the new 52 universe is what I mean

-Pr-
In the new 52 universe is what I mean

I know, i just couldn't help it.

Zack Fair
Let the wank begin.

I have a prediction that if Superman starts getting feat love someone is going to say he always liked Superman and jump in the bandwagon.

Nah...the hate is too much.

-Pr-
laughing out loud

Golgo13
Here ya go, PR.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/greg-pak-talks-batman-superman.html

-Pr-
Ah, okay. Still wondering how they're going to explain them meeting for the first time twice.

Bentley
Originally posted by curryman
Was there anything to Cho other than being smart, sassy and a Hulk fanboy?

He had a good balance on idiotic innocence and idealism coupled with snarkiness, mostly he was a solid foil to Herc though.

Scythe
Nice, I've always enjoyed the Bat/Supes books.

Newjak
Originally posted by Scythe
Nice, I've always enjoyed the Bat/Supes books. I don't know everytime I see those comics and the pages where Batman and Superman just describe how different they are but totally the same. I just picture mentally that I'm a little bit country and I'm a little bit Rock n Roll playing in the background.

Scythe
Originally posted by Newjak
I don't know everytime I see those comics and the pages where Batman and Superman just describe how different they are but totally the same. I just picture mentally that I'm a little bit country and I'm a little bit Rock n Roll playing in the background.

Yeah, I do the same thing.

leonidas
i can't wait to read this....

-Pr-
An oldie, but a goodie:

http://i.imgur.com/vmw22Xg.png

StiltmanFTW
Pak?

Gotham Breaker Superman vs. World War Batman.

Damborgson
Originally posted by -Pr-
An oldie, but a goodie:

http://i.imgur.com/vmw22Xg.png

laughing out loud I'd been looking for that.

It's pretty accurate actually.

roughrider
Pak made Amadeus Cho have the best jobber aura this side of Squirrel Girl. Heavy feats for someone who's only supposed to be the seventh smartest (eighth, if you ask Hank Pym) person on Earth and was chumping everyone. Now he gets to do Batman...scary. evil face

No word that he's leaving Marvel? This is just him broadening his resume among companies, now that he's not under exclusive contract?

Golgo13
A bunch of high profile writers has left Marvel in the past few years. I hope Pak does more DC stuff.

Mindship
Originally posted by -Pr-
An oldie, but a goodie: laughing out loud Never seen that.

It's pretty accurate actually. Spoofs it well.

JakeTheBank
Lol. I actually like the New 52 version of Superman as a whole (powers/feats and his characterization) and I'd hate to see Pak just feat whore the hell out of him while jobbing out everyone else to him and Batman. And I really hope we don't see the Return of Batgod, either.

Badabing
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Lol. I actually like the New 52 version of Superman as a whole (powers/feats and his characterization) and I'd hate to see Pak just feat whore the hell out of him while jobbing out everyone else to him and Batman. And I really hope we don't see the Return of Batgod, either. Batgod will return. biscuits

JakeTheBank
sad

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Lol. I actually like the New 52 version of Superman as a whole (powers/feats and his characterization) and I'd hate to see Pak just feat whore the hell out of him while jobbing out everyone else to him and Batman. And I really hope we don't see the Return of Batgod, either.

thumb up

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Badabing
Batgod will return. biscuits

Your head will be sought.

JakeTheBank
And ironically, the guy who will job out the most to Batgod will probably be the guy he's sharing the book with.

roughrider
Originally posted by Golgo13
A bunch of high profile writers has left Marvel in the past few years. I hope Pak does more DC stuff.

There's always rotating creative chairs with the big two. Hardly anyone stays a lifer at one company anymore (except for John Romita Jr.) Mark Millar may never return to DC because Marvel is so good to him, and Geoff Johns may be firmly embedded at DC, but most everyone else goes to the highest bidder. I'm just glad Marvel has Mark Waid doing such great work for them the past few years.

Golgo13
Originally posted by roughrider
There's always rotating creative chairs with the big two. Hardly anyone stays a lifer at one company anymore (except for John Romita Jr.) Mark Millar may never return to DC because Marvel is so good to him, and Geoff Johns may be firmly embedded at DC, but most everyone else goes to the highest bidder. I'm just glad Marvel has Mark Waid doing such great work for them the past few years.

Creator owned stuff seems like the best thing nowadays. If it hits big, you can possibly get a TV series or movie deals.

leonidas
it's kind of funny--i've always loved batman (good chance i have more batman books in my personal collection than any other series of books) and i really wouldn't mind seeing him kick a whole lotta a$$. the idea of jobbing to a certain character or characters has never really sat all that well with me. guys like cap and bats.....they sort of define comics in a lot of ways to a lot of people. they've both won so often and have so many feats, that i find it odd that people would say that characters 'job' to them. it's sort of like logan--how many times do they have to be portrayed in a certain way before we realize that IS who they are. they consistently win in situations they shouldn't, but that's not really 'jobbing' imo, that's....just comics. i'll admit that at times, their victories....stretch suspension of disbelief, but, whatever. in general, as often as they are portrayed winning battles maybe some think they shouldn't those portrayals are balanced out with other, grittier showings. characters, unlike real people, CAN have it both ways. there are enough showings of both sides to make everyone happy. in any event, the more a$$ guys like batman and cap kick, the happier i am. so, batgod? sweet! smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.