Cyclops vs Wolverine: Who's the better leader?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Who is the better leader for the X-Men and why?

-Pr-
In terms of morals, or in terms of tactics/strategy?

Right now, Logan is the first, Cyclops is the second.

Cyclops used to be the first, too.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-

Cyclops used to be the first, too. more in terms of effectiveness

ie if you had to take a team to fight, who would you rather lead the team.

-Pr-
Cyclops, then.

abhilegend
http://i.imgur.com/ITXI8.jpg

stick out tongue

pym-ftw
Scott is the second best leader in Marvel, I'm not sure logans even In the top ten

SevenShackles
Wolverine dropped a bunch of kids in the savage land and made them track him. It's a questionable choice as a overall leader. He is more interesting than cyclops but not better as a leader of his people, a team of mutants or even a Pee wee hockey team.

different styles and philosophical approaches.

logan has proven a better teacher and guide. making mutant kids be all they can be and inheriting xavier's mantle. people criticized his transition into this role, but it seemed quite natural to me, considering his historical development. besides, he has always played the role of menthor/father figure in some manner: shadowcat, rogue, jubilee, armor

cyclops has proven an unflinching militant leader uncompromisingly committed to his people, thus inheriting magneto's mantle. funny thing was I hated when this development first began, because I viewed him as a poor mans magneto. but now thats all been said and done, I'm rather pleased with it. he isnt mags, he has grown into his own role and is more interesting than he has ever been.

when logan was the lone rebel and cyke was the boyscout, they
were both cool doing their own things and they're even cooler now that they've matured to replace the characters that embodied the mutant ideological devide and have redefined the gulf between reconciliation and struggle for autonomy.

I, for one, applaude the directions the characters have been taken in and consider neither traitorous or villanous.

KingD19
Logan has also shown to follow his emotions and gut far too often instead of logic, and often makes questionable and sometimes downright stupid choices and arguments.

Logan: Grrrr, Scott I can't believe you gave those kids the choice to fight for their home!!!

Cyclops: It's their choice. I also gave them the option to leave.

Logan: -starts his own school just to spite Cyclops, then threatens someone on the doorstep using all of them kids as part of that threat-

Logan:Intent on killing Hope or helping the Avengers win just because he doesn't like Scott. He knows Scott is right, still doesn't care.

Logan: Intent on killing Scarlet Witch for M Day, despite it not being even 50% her fault.

Logan: Blaming Scott for all the bad shit that happened when the P5 incident happened, despite knowing that Tony Stark caused the incident in the first place, and that none of them were strong enough to control it. Yet he never blamed Jean for Dark Phoenix.

Logan: Blames Scott for killing Xavier, even though he knows Scott lost control.

Logan: Kicking Psylocke out of the school for being "too violent", when he himself has threatened students on multiple occasions.

The list goes on of how bad a leader Logan actually is. In all honesty if I was in the X-Men or Avengers, I'd rather not even be on a team with Logan much less him him as my leader, field or otherwise.

Bentley
How is this even a question? Cyclops accomplishes the impossible in a regular basis, Wolverine has a hard time deciding to put down a beer.

Estacado
The one with the bigger d*ck...uhuh

Mshinu
Cyke is a far better leader unless we are talking being in charge of a pack or wolves or something.

Wolvie can be a great mentor however.

Bentley
I bet Cyke would do better with a pack of wolves too biscuits

bluewaterrider
Wolverine is a better mentor.
He recognizes the abilities of future leaders and shapes them for that role.

Rogue comes first to mind; it was Logan that was her first true "parent" despite their rocky beginning, it was Logan that tested her and made her realize that she was, in fact, best suited to lead the team in the absence of Scott or Ororo, Logan that was honest enough and ego-less enough to encourage her to become what she is now.

Note that this is not a role Cyclops could have easily filled; his tendency, sans Professor X, is to treat other would-be leaders as rivals, threats to his authority, and, in battle situations especially, distractions that could prove lethal.

Scott demands the best of people, and gets it; Logan shows them how to become their best.

-Pr-
I don't think Cyclops has ever really felt threatened by other team leaders. Most of them knew that he was the best guy for the job, and the one time he wasn't, he was being mentally influenced anyway.

8swords

Cyclops used to be the first, too.

my thoughts exactly,

Rao Kal El
Cyclops.

Originally posted by KingD19
Logan has also shown to follow his emotions and gut far too often instead of logic, and often makes questionable and sometimes downright stupid choices and arguments.

Logan: Grrrr, Scott I can't believe you gave those kids the choice to fight for their home!!!

logans point was they werent mature enough to decide and should be isolated from conflict by adults
actually, he keeps them on lock up during conflicts, including the one you are mentioning. he used them because the hellfire club are children themselves, which is why he didnt gut them then and there
derp derp he was doing it out of fear the phoenix would destroy the earth. hope asked to be put down for the same reason, which he coulnt bring himself to do,

SW responsabilty was left open as dr doom could have been lying to rehabilitate her in the eyes of her peers.

as per avx consequences, logan acknowledges cyke was not responsible for his actions when it came to the killing, but blames scott for embracing the pf in the first place and turning his back on chucks legacy.

JG gets a double standard treatment, thats true, but she gets it from everybody, including cyke.

they're not serious threats and the kids themselves know this. duh.

none of that says anything about his leadership qualities really, as they don't involve him leading anyone into success or failure.

as for the matter of field leadership. logan is a better tactician, cyclops is a better strategist.

I don't think Cyclops has ever really felt threatened by other team leaders. Most of them knew that he was the best guy for the job, and the one time he wasn't, he was being mentally influenced anyway. remember those storm days? evil face

Mindset
The only things these two will lead you in is a man's anus.

Silent Master
Cyke wins.

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
remember those storm days? evil face

I do, hence why i referred to it in my post.

what was the influence?

Marvel_Mystic
Cyclops easily. Why would anyone choose a guy only 5'3 to be a leader?

8swords
Originally posted by KingD19

Logan: -starts his own school just to spite Cyclops, then threatens someone on the doorstep using all of them kids as part of that threat-

Logan:Intent on killing Hope or helping the Avengers win just because he doesn't like Scott. He knows Scott is right, still doesn't care.

Logan: Intent on killing Scarlet Witch for M Day, despite it not being even 50% her fault.

Logan: Blaming Scott for all the bad shit that happened when the P5 incident happened, despite knowing that Tony Stark caused the incident in the first place, and that none of them were strong enough to control it. Yet he never blamed Jean for Dark Phoenix.

Logan: Blames Scott for killing Xavier, even though he knows Scott lost control.

Logan: Kicking Psylocke out of the school for being "too violent", when he himself has threatened students on multiple occasions.

The list goes on of how bad a leader Logan actually is. In all honesty if I was in the X-Men or Avengers, I'd rather not even be on a team with Logan much less him him as my leader, field or otherwise.

the hate in this one is strong,

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
what was the influence?

Madelyne Pryor had been telepathically influencing him.

wildernesss
Originally posted by Marvel_Mystic
Cyclops easily. Why would anyone choose a guy only 5'3 to be a leader?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/-C-/fail.jpg

cyclops chose logan to lead x-force. going by your logic, cyclops is a failure.

a leader should be able to inspire and stir passion in his team. cyclops is about as inspiring as the smell of a septic tank.... wolverine has more life experience, military experience, team x experience, combat experience, AND is the more inspiring character by a margin that is so enormous, it cannot even be expressed. logan is more honest than cyclops and his instincts are second to none. I would contend that this clearly makes logan the better leader. you're such a failure....

Silent Master
That is one of the funniest posts I have ever read.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by wildernesss
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/-C-/fail.jpg

cyclops chose logan to lead x-force. going by your logic, cyclops is a failure.

a leader should be able to inspire and stir passion in his team. cyclops is about as inspiring as the smell of a septic tank.... wolverine has more life experience, military experience, team x experience, combat experience, AND is the more inspiring character by a margin that is so enormous, it cannot even be expressed. logan is more honest than cyclops and his instincts are second to none. I would contend that this clearly makes logan the better leader. you're such a failure....
Cyclops has inspired a larger chunk of the mutant population then wolverine ever has,

BTW x force was a failure

x-force got a lot of shit done. ultimately logan drew 50% of what was left of mutantkind to his camp. he and cyke drew even during the schism

wildernesss
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Cyclops has inspired a larger chunk of the mutant population then wolverine ever has,

BTW x force was a failure

was this before or after he killed xavier and logan decided to carry xavier's torch in running the school? btw, this isn't a popularity contest....
the character has to inspire his team and command respect. I would contend that logan (along with all his other achievements) does this better tha cyclops.

x-force was a failure? who knew? I suppose cyclops is a failure as a leader for assigning logan as leader.

did x-force fail before or after they stopped archangel apocalypse and mad jim jefferies from destroying various dimensions and worlds? did they fail before or after they prevented dystopian futures from occuring and stopping the new brotherhood from controlling a new apocalypse. did x-force fail when they turned genesis into a kind, thoughtful, reasonable young man?

pym-ftw
If by form a school you mean take credit for kitty prides hard work...

Dark Phoenix killed Charles after he attacked Scott, Scott is a hero to all the new mutants, and led utopia before that so no not really 50/50 after scism.

Sixth_Winged
Wolverine does alright job commanding like-minded individuals(killers).

Cyclops does a phenomal job commanding people similar to him, is totally different from him, hate him or doubts him or his goals.

This is a no-contest.

Oh also sissy logan cant even make tough decisions nowadays.

Hail revolutionary Cyclops.

Originally posted by pym-ftw
If by form a school you mean take credit for kitty prides hard work...

Dark Phoenix killed Charles after he attacked Scott, Scott is a hero to all the new mutants, and led utopia before that so no not really 50/50 after scism.

logan did found the the school, he was the one that brought everyone together to make it happen, put in the resources and drew all their capacities out of them.

the opinions of new mutants about the divide between logan and cyke haven't really been explored. cykes folks felt the heat and are simpathetic of course, but theyre not militants yet. logan's new students are the same

-Pr-
X-Force was a good idea. It just shouldn't have been Cyclops' idea, is all.

nwg202
Scott stomps.

DTM
Cyclops is definately the better overall Leader here.

staxamillion
clops is the best x-men leader if only for the fact that enough chars are willing to have faith in him and follow even if they disagree. sure there was a schism but many still followed clops.

but yeah on a spec ops team I'd want wolverine all day. If I wanted a general catch all team or by the minute decision maker CLOPS

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by 8swords
the hate in this one is strong,
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.