HP Doomsday lands on Asgard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
HP Doomsday is sent to Asgard via boom tube. He has an enchantment on him that makes it impossible to BFR him.

What happens?

pym-ftw
Odin throws the Coaw at him

Stoic
And yes any living citizen of Asgard is there. This includes Odin himself.

Stoic
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Odin throws the Coaw at him

Would that stop him?

pym-ftw
Yes....

leonidas
this is a good scenario. i'll preface this by saying i'm a big hp dd fan, but, regardless of that, it depends entirely upon how powerful you view darkseid, and where you place him in relation to odin. if you're a believer that ds is somewhere around odin's level (not completely unreasonable imo, as, at times, he HAS been depicted at or near that level, and he was the one responsible for slaying so many of the old gods....) then it would take odin in the armor to be able to stop him--and i think that would be enough given that odin+armor was enough to make galactus rethink things and dd was never at THAT level.

if you feel odin is well above ds (also a reasonable conclusion imo, especially dcnu ds) then odin himself should be able to take him, perhaps after a decent fight (akin to odin vs thanos perhaps).

i don't see the casket being enough at all--too easy to adapt a way out. it's odin, or odin+armor imo, but i think those are the ONLY options. there is a lot of support i think for a few different scenarios. based on what i always perceived the intent of that arc to prove, i'd go with odin+armor as the way it would end. no matter what though, one thing is for sure--there would be a lot of dead asgardians....least in this guy's opinion.

pym-ftw
How does he adapt out of being frozen at a celluar lvl?

SevenShackles
I think Odin could take DD. Curious since it's HP doomsday if Odin doesn't attack DD right from the start could DD adapt to enough of what Asgard has to offer to give him a better shot at Odin? Such as tanking various attacks from Thor, warriors three, loki, destroyer armor or whatever the hell you think Asgard would toss at him.

Just a thought/question

leonidas
Originally posted by pym-ftw
How does he adapt out of being frozen at a celluar lvl?

create new cells that emit heat...? just start generating heat? doesn't need to be real world logical i don't think. somehow i simply don't see anyone freezing dd--at least not for long.

@seven--what you suggest is possible i think, but odin is on a far different level from the others so even having done some adaptation, i don't see that being the reason he wouldn't get killed. i think it might play a part, but i think it's more so because he was just that powerful. tbh, i'm a little unsure how exactly this scenario would go down, and how odin would handle him or how analogous the situation would be to the situation on apokalips. i mean dd SCARED ds--that in itself has always spoken volumes to me in regards to how we readers were intended to view him....

carver9
That wasn't the real Darkseid Doomsday fought so using Darkseid as a pedistal doesn't help this scenerio. Thor alone should be able to take DD if he fight intelligently.

armedforbattle
Heimdall Warns Odin that a mad beast is rampaging in Asgard.
-Odin: is it... THE MANGOG?
-Heimdall: No, it Seems to be the Hulk.
-Thor: I'll Combat the beast!
-Loki: Brother, always so anxious to battle. Do you not remember past battles with the hulk?
-Odin: We cannot afford to have one of you killed, Heimdall, send the Destroyer.
-Heimdall: Aye.

The Destroyer goes and kills him.

Damborgson
Wtf @ ur Heimdall lol

"He's gray, has spikes sticking out of his body, his eyes are stitched, and he's yelling "doomsday!"....it's the hulk!"

he'll slay random asguardians, thor will come to stop him. he'll trounce thor, odin will crush him.

Ill go on the record to say the destroyer did not give G pause, he left when he found the egg was gone. odin in the destroyer would pulverize doomsday

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
create new cells that emit heat...? just start generating heat? doesn't need to be real world logical i don't think. somehow i simply don't see anyone freezing dd--at least not for long.

@seven--what you suggest is possible i think, but odin is on a far different level from the others so even having done some adaptation, i don't see that being the reason he wouldn't get killed. i think it might play a part, but i think it's more so because he was just that powerful. tbh, i'm a little unsure how exactly this scenario would go down, and how odin would handle him or how analogous the situation would be to the situation on apokalips. i mean dd SCARED ds--that in itself has always spoken volumes to me in regards to how we readers were intended to view him....

The intent that I had in mind when I thought up this scenario.

1. Doomsday rampages through Apokalips surviving the brutal onslaughts that he did.

2. Not being able to truly stop him, he is then sent through a boom tube, and accidentally lands on Asgard.

From this point on, Asgard is faced with a being that Apokalips could not deal with.

Are they able to stop him at that level? Does he wind up being the death of all of the citizens of Asgard, or does he finally meet a power that he can not defeat?

pym-ftw
The artifacts or Odin stomp him out...

armedforbattle
Originally posted by Damborgson
Wtf @ ur Heimdall lol

"He's gray, has spikes sticking out of his body, his eyes are stitched, and he's yelling "doomsday!"....it's the hulk!"
It could happen.

pym-ftw
Grey hulk who rolled in glass = Doomsday

Rage.Of.Olympus
Doomsday is f*cked.

Originally posted by leonidas

Really? It held Odin, who has far more background and experience at circumventing magical artifacts:
http://img439.imageshack.us/img439/9903/thorv1352p151xh.th.jpghttp://img439.imageshack.us/img439/8504/thorv1352p169ay.th.jpghttp://img439.imageshack.us/img439/3686/thorv1352p207bu.th.jpghttp://img496.imageshack.us/img496/2223/thorv1352p210li.th.jpg
http://img439.imageshack.us/img439/8556/thorv1352p222ch.th.jpg
This isn't freeze breathe, its the Casket of Ancient Winters. The only thing closest to a counter was the Gem of Infinite Suns (Contains the essence of a multitude of Suns from Eons ago etc.).

dynamix
Originally posted by armedforbattle
Heimdall Warns Odin that a mad beast is rampaging in Asgard.
-Odin: is it... THE MANGOG?
-Heimdall: No, it Seems to be the Hulk.
-Thor: I'll Combat the beast!
-Loki: Brother, always so anxious to battle. Do you not remember past battles with the hulk?
-Odin: We cannot afford to have one of you killed, Heimdall, send the Destroyer.
-Heimdall: Aye.

The Destroyer goes and kills him.

ha! this was pretty cool.

The biggest question when involving HP Doomsday in a fight is "what can his opponent do to him?" On panel, the only person to convincingly defeat DD was Imperiex (Radiant too i guess as well as superman but i think we can all agree that HP Doomsday is a whole different animal from DOS Doomsday). With that said, I'm going with Odin. Odin is just on another level, to me. Darkseid is not an equal to Odin, to answer the OP. The best example that can be used, to me, is the fight between Hulk and Odin's skyfather equal, Zeus. Zeus embarrassed hulk like we've never seen before! And i'm a Hulk fan, lol. Obviously the one thing DD has over hulk is the ability to evolve past something that hurt or killed him before. Key word being "before". As he's never fought Odin, I really think Odin have abilities in his repertoire to take down DD at least once.

So i'm taking Asgard...convincingly lol

Astner
Couldn't Odin just seal him away like he did with Hel or whatever her name was?

carver9
Originally posted by dynamix
ha! this was pretty cool.

The biggest question when involving HP Doomsday in a fight is "what can his opponent do to him?" On panel, the only person to convincingly defeat DD was Imperiex (Radiant too i guess as well as superman but i think we can all agree that HP Doomsday is a whole different animal from DOS Doomsday). With that said, I'm going with Odin. Odin is just on another level, to me. Darkseid is not an equal to Odin, to answer the OP. The best example that can be used, to me, is the fight between Hulk and Odin's skyfather equal, Zeus. Zeus embarrassed hulk like we've never seen before! And i'm a Hulk fan, lol. Obviously the one thing DD has over hulk is the ability to evolve past something that hurt or killed him before. Key word being "before". As he's never fought Odin, I really think Odin have abilities in his repertoire to take down DD at least once.

So i'm taking Asgard...convincingly lol

Good post.

Horrificus
DD has no chance. Gets crushed by Asgardian Mega-Weapons before Thor has to obliterate him.

TheLordofMurder
CoAW stops HP every single time; this isnt normal Cold, but some extremely ancient, powerful, magical Cold...

That casket held an Elite Skyfather; HP Doomsday isnt getting out of that...

Asgard 10/10...

Batman-Prime
HP DD adapts in the end and wins. Except if an Ko for some minutes counts as a win.

Stoic
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
HP DD adapts in the end and wins. Except if an Ko for some minutes counts as a win.

You know the rules if they kill him once, it's a win. The only thing here that has me stumped, is that HP evolved a whole lot during his stay on Apockalips, and all of that stuff. On the other hand, I'm more or less convinced that Odin slaughters him.

h1a8
The problem with DD is that the only way to beat him is through a one shot move (otherwise he adapts).

HP DD tanked the OE without even breaking apart or being damaged whatsoever.
The same OE that with less than half strength vaporized two missiles that Superman, with all his might, couldn't put a scratch on.

We are talking many magnitudes beyond the power of Superman that HP DD tanked (without even having to evolve).

That said, nothing in Asgard is one shotting DD. This means that DD is going to adapt to whatever harms him. I disagree with the logic that since the COW held Odin it could hold DD. Odin didn't have the ability to adapt like DD does. I say DD breaks through that shit and makes Odin and Asgard tremble in awe (like DS did).

I say DD takes Asgard.

leonidas
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Doomsday is f*cked.

Really? It held Odin, who has far more background and experience at circumventing magical artifacts:
http://img439.imageshack.us/img439/9903/thorv1352p151xh.th.jpghttp://img439.imageshack.us/img439/8504/thorv1352p169ay.th.jpghttp://img439.imageshack.us/img439/3686/thorv1352p207bu.th.jpghttp://img496.imageshack.us/img496/2223/thorv1352p210li.th.jpg
http://img439.imageshack.us/img439/8556/thorv1352p222ch.th.jpg
This isn't freeze breathe, its the Casket of Ancient Winters. The only thing closest to a counter was the Gem of Infinite Suns (Contains the essence of a multitude of Suns from Eons ago etc.).

yeah, i'd say it would hold him for a time, but that's it. long enough to get a win here? not sure. the way he was adapting in that arc makes me think it wouldn't be long before he broke free of it. it's not like a varying, difficult to adapt to power imo. i really don't see it working for long--especially as he was depicted in that arc.

apkoalips also has tons of uber weaponry, but none of it was of any use at all against dd at all so i'm not sure the asgard weapons would do any better. i still think only odin could stop him, and the relative ease or difficulty he has doing so depends on how you feel his power stands relative to ds's.

ps--i've never really bought the whole 'avatar' stance. i don't think it's been explored enough. i know of only 2 instances where it was ever brought up, and neither struck me as terribly convincing. :/ if they are truly avatars (and they certainly could be) then we really have no way of gauging their level, the level of the real darkseid, and we can't really know if any ds ever has been the real one (except maybe soulfire ds?) i prefer occam's razor in this case. or perhaps we look at it case by case? only the cases where he states explicitly he is an avatar count for him being an avatar? anyway, far as i'm concerned, dd beat ds. i don't love that idea, but....that's life.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.