KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » HP Doomsday lands on Asgard

HP Doomsday lands on Asgard
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

HP Doomsday lands on Asgard

HP Doomsday is sent to Asgard via boom tube. He has an enchantment on him that makes it impossible to BFR him.

What happens?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 01:41 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Odin throws the Coaw at him

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 01:43 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

And yes any living citizen of Asgard is there. This includes Odin himself.

Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Odin throws the Coaw at him

Would that stop him?

pym-ftw
Mizukage

Yes....

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 01:48 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

this is a good scenario. i'll preface this by saying i'm a big hp dd fan, but, regardless of that, it depends entirely upon how powerful you view darkseid, and where you place him in relation to odin. if you're a believer that ds is somewhere around odin's level (not completely unreasonable imo, as, at times, he HAS been depicted at or near that level, and he was the one responsible for slaying so many of the old gods....) then it would take odin in the armor to be able to stop him--and i think that would be enough given that odin+armor was enough to make galactus rethink things and dd was never at THAT level.

if you feel odin is well above ds (also a reasonable conclusion imo, especially dcnu ds) then odin himself should be able to take him, perhaps after a decent fight (akin to odin vs thanos perhaps).

i don't see the casket being enough at all--too easy to adapt a way out. it's odin, or odin+armor imo, but i think those are the ONLY options. there is a lot of support i think for a few different scenarios. based on what i always perceived the intent of that arc to prove, i'd go with odin+armor as the way it would end. no matter what though, one thing is for sure--there would be a lot of dead asgardians....least in this guy's opinion.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 02:13 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

How does he adapt out of being frozen at a celluar lvl?

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 02:19 AM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

I think Odin could take DD. Curious since it's HP doomsday if Odin doesn't attack DD right from the start could DD adapt to enough of what Asgard has to offer to give him a better shot at Odin? Such as tanking various attacks from Thor, warriors three, loki, destroyer armor or whatever the hell you think Asgard would toss at him.

Just a thought/question

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 02:19 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by pym-ftw
How does he adapt out of being frozen at a celluar lvl?

create new cells that emit heat...? just start generating heat? doesn't need to be real world logical i don't think. somehow i simply don't see anyone freezing dd--at least not for long.

@seven--what you suggest is possible i think, but odin is on a far different level from the others so even having done some adaptation, i don't see that being the reason he wouldn't get killed. i think it might play a part, but i think it's more so because he was just that powerful. tbh, i'm a little unsure how exactly this scenario would go down, and how odin would handle him or how analogous the situation would be to the situation on apokalips. i mean dd SCARED ds--that in itself has always spoken volumes to me in regards to how we readers were intended to view him....

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 03:16 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

That wasn't the real Darkseid Doomsday fought so using Darkseid as a pedistal doesn't help this scenerio. Thor alone should be able to take DD if he fight intelligently.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 03:19 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DragonRider19
Kurt Phucking Angle

Heimdall Warns Odin that a mad beast is rampaging in Asgard.
-Odin: is it... THE MANGOG?
-Heimdall: No, it Seems to be the Hulk.
-Thor: I'll Combat the beast!
-Loki: Brother, always so anxious to battle. Do you not remember past battles with the hulk?
-Odin: We cannot afford to have one of you killed, Heimdall, send the Destroyer.
-Heimdall: Aye.

The Destroyer goes and kills him.

The Ankle Butcher, Patriotic Entity,
Earths Mightiest Hero, KURT PHUCKING ANGLE.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 03:20 AM
DragonRider19 is currently offline Click here to Send DragonRider19 a Private Message Find more posts by DragonRider19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Wtf @ ur Heimdall lol

"He's gray, has spikes sticking out of his body, his eyes are stitched, and he's yelling "doomsday!"....it's the hulk!"

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 03:32 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

he'll slay random asguardians, thor will come to stop him. he'll trounce thor, odin will crush him.

Ill go on the record to say the destroyer did not give G pause, he left when he found the egg was gone. odin in the destroyer would pulverize doomsday

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 03:38 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by leonidas
create new cells that emit heat...? just start generating heat? doesn't need to be real world logical i don't think. somehow i simply don't see anyone freezing dd--at least not for long.

@seven--what you suggest is possible i think, but odin is on a far different level from the others so even having done some adaptation, i don't see that being the reason he wouldn't get killed. i think it might play a part, but i think it's more so because he was just that powerful. tbh, i'm a little unsure how exactly this scenario would go down, and how odin would handle him or how analogous the situation would be to the situation on apokalips. i mean dd SCARED ds--that in itself has always spoken volumes to me in regards to how we readers were intended to view him....

The intent that I had in mind when I thought up this scenario.

1. Doomsday rampages through Apokalips surviving the brutal onslaughts that he did.

2. Not being able to truly stop him, he is then sent through a boom tube, and accidentally lands on Asgard.

From this point on, Asgard is faced with a being that Apokalips could not deal with.

Are they able to stop him at that level? Does he wind up being the death of all of the citizens of Asgard, or does he finally meet a power that he can not defeat?

Last edited by Stoic on Mar 4th, 2013 at 03:44 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 03:39 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

The artifacts or Odin stomp him out...

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 03:43 AM
DragonRider19
Kurt Phucking Angle

Originally posted by Damborgson
Wtf @ ur Heimdall lol

"He's gray, has spikes sticking out of his body, his eyes are stitched, and he's yelling "doomsday!"....it's the hulk!"

It could happen.

The Ankle Butcher, Patriotic Entity,
Earths Mightiest Hero, KURT PHUCKING ANGLE.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 03:52 AM
DragonRider19 is currently offline Click here to Send DragonRider19 a Private Message Find more posts by DragonRider19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Grey hulk who rolled in glass = Doomsday

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 04:01 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Doomsday is f*cked.

Originally posted by leonidas

Really? It held Odin, who has far more background and experience at circumventing magical artifacts:
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)
This isn't freeze breathe, its the Casket of Ancient Winters. The only thing closest to a counter was the Gem of Infinite Suns (Contains the essence of a multitude of Suns from Eons ago etc.).

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Mar 4th, 2013 at 05:05 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 05:01 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

Originally posted by armedforbattle
Heimdall Warns Odin that a mad beast is rampaging in Asgard.
-Odin: is it... THE MANGOG?
-Heimdall: No, it Seems to be the Hulk.
-Thor: I'll Combat the beast!
-Loki: Brother, always so anxious to battle. Do you not remember past battles with the hulk?
-Odin: We cannot afford to have one of you killed, Heimdall, send the Destroyer.
-Heimdall: Aye.

The Destroyer goes and kills him.

ha! this was pretty cool.

The biggest question when involving HP Doomsday in a fight is "what can his opponent do to him?" On panel, the only person to convincingly defeat DD was Imperiex (Radiant too i guess as well as superman but i think we can all agree that HP Doomsday is a whole different animal from DOS Doomsday). With that said, I'm going with Odin. Odin is just on another level, to me. Darkseid is not an equal to Odin, to answer the OP. The best example that can be used, to me, is the fight between Hulk and Odin's skyfather equal, Zeus. Zeus embarrassed hulk like we've never seen before! And i'm a Hulk fan, lol. Obviously the one thing DD has over hulk is the ability to evolve past something that hurt or killed him before. Key word being "before". As he's never fought Odin, I really think Odin have abilities in his repertoire to take down DD at least once.

So i'm taking Asgard...convincingly lol

Last edited by dynamix on Mar 4th, 2013 at 05:37 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 05:34 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Couldn't Odin just seal him away like he did with Hel or whatever her name was?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 05:36 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote