SC Anti-Monitor Vs Volthoom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/AM_zps9e3b9cd8.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/vol_zpsab039ead.jpg

Odekahn
Volthoom in a stomp

Cogito
I'd also go with Volthoom

kevdude
Volthoom as well. thumb up

Galan007
The only way AM wins is if he hits Volthoom with an anti-matter wave. Sans that, 'thoom should stomp.

abhilegend
Volthoom is the shittiest villain I've seen in a long time. AM wins on it alone.

zopzop
Huh? I thought Voltoom did "nothing" impressive as a villain?

Didn't SC AM at least take on legions of Lanterns and teams of Guardians?

xJLxKing
Didn't AM kill a guardian by grabbing her?

Diesldude
Wasn't AM also torturing Kyle with one of the entities of light? Not sure which one it was.

Diesldude
Also Nekron easily killed Volthoom but bfrd AM.

zopzop
Originally posted by Diesldude
Also Nekron easily killed Volthoom but bfrd AM.
That's because the White Entity was there. It freed and resurrected AM. All Nekron could do at that point was BFR, since if he destroyed him, he'd just be rezzed again.

Galan007
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Didn't AM kill a guardian by grabbing her? AM injured a Guardian with a touch. It also took a galaxy-busting explosion just to momentarily stall him.

Yeah, 'thoom isn't winning.

Bentley
Originally posted by zopzop
That's because the White Entity was there. It freed and resurrected AM. All Nekron could do at that point was BFR, since if he destroyed him, he'd just be rezzed again.

Was that stated on panel? Because it surely sounds like a far fetched explanation to explain the Bfr.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Galan007
The only way AM wins is if he hits Volthoom with an anti-matter wave. Sans that, 'thoom should stomp. Originally posted by Galan007
AM injured a Guardian with a touch. It also took a galaxy-busting explosion just to momentarily stall him.

so gay

Galan007
Ikr? Just remembered the galaxy thing. thumb down

zopzop
Originally posted by Bentley
Was that stated on panel? Because it surely sounds like a far fetched explanation to explain the Bfr.
Well seeing as how the freaking LIFE ENTITY was there and commanded the dead and imprisoned AM to "LIVE", yeah.

Bentley
Well seeing as how the freaking LIFE ENTITY was there and commanded the dead and imprisoned AM to "LIVE", yeah.

So was there a statement? Are you trying to confuse me? confused

zopzop
Originally posted by Bentley
So was there a statement? Are you trying to confuse me? confused
Whatever the White Rings touched or the White Entity commanded to "LIVE" were free of Nekron.

What's he gonna do? Kill them only to have them live again? It'd be an endless stalemate.

Nekron tanked his blast and casually sent him on his way.

Bentley
I understand the explanation, I just wanted to know if it was stated for clarity's sake. I assume that he bfr everyone and not just the AM, because if Nekron was in such a powerless position as you imply it was the best way to deal with everyone.

Odekahn
Huh? I thought Voltoom did "nothing" impressive as a villain?

Whoever told you that is very wrong. Volthoom fought scores of lanterns, including atrocitus, white lantern Kyle, mogo, the legions of the dead, a parallax possessed sinestro, nekron, and still tapped into Hal's willpower which was stated as being a greater source of will than the central power battery and was equated with the spark of life.

SC AM was a weakened version, volthoom was way more powerful than that version of the anti monitor.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Odekahn
volthoom was way more powerful than that version of the anti monitor.

not sure i'd go THAT far.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Galan007
AM injured a Guardian with a touch. It also took a galaxy-busting explosion just to momentarily stall him.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic?

Also, I thought Skar(the guardian) died which is why Nekron was able to control her

-Pr-
She was infected, iirc.

Odekahn
Originally posted by -Pr-
not sure i'd go THAT far.

They both took planetary attacks. The one that hit The weakened AM in SC almost killed him while the one that hit volthoom only momentarily stunned him.

-Pr-
They both took planetary attacks. The one that hit The weakened AM in SC almost killed him while the one that hit volthoom only momentarily stunned him.

Oh, I misread, I thought you said any version, not that version. My bad.

zopzop
Whoever told you that is very wrong. Volthoom fought scores of lanterns, including .............nekron.............
When did he fight Nekron?

I only know of the fight in GL 20 when Hal used a Black Lantern ring to depower Volthoom so that when Nekron killed him there wouldn't be any universal repercussions.

ODG
I didn't understand the point of killing Volthoom when he had been completely depowered and rendered human by the BL ring. Seemed like a d1ck move.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
I didn't understand the point of killing Volthoom when he had been completely depowered and rendered human by the BL ring. Seemed like a d1ck move.
Don't blame Nekron, that was all Hal's doing.

I'm just amazed that a BL ring was capable of that. Go Nekron Go! Happy Dance

Odekahn
When did he fight Nekron?

I only know of the fight in GL 20 when Hal used a Black Lantern ring to depower Volthoom so that when Nekron killed him there wouldn't be any universal repercussions.

You're right. I just included him because he was in the overall altercation. He simply delivered the death blow.

Odekahn
Originally posted by -Pr-
Oh, I misread, I thought you said any version, not that version. My bad.

No worries. There's no way I'd put volthoom above CoIE AM.

zopzop
He simply delivered the death blow.
Simply?! mad

It was his power, the BL ring, that depowered Volthoom so that there wouldn't be universal havoc when Nekron killed him.

Nekron could have killed him either way.

Nekron >>>>>>> AM or Volthoom.

Odekahn
Simply?! mad

It was his power, the BL ring, that depowered Volthoom so that there wouldn't be universal havoc when Nekron killed him.

Nekron could have killed him either way.

Nekron >>>>>>> AM or Volthoom.

Hal's will had something to do with that too, not to mention that sinestro had just ripped out his heart.

zopzop
Hal's will had something to do with that too, not to mention that sinestro had just ripped out his heart.
Then why would they need Nekron at all?

Fact is, the power of the BL ring exorcised the EM Spectrum energy in Volthoom (shown on panel).

Nekron could have killed him with or without that EM purge. The only reason Hal purged Volthoom was because he didn't want Nekron to kill him with all that EM energy in him lest it cause universal level havok.

Hal's will had to do with controlling the BL ring and ordering around Nekron rather than the other way around.

Nekron >>>>>>>>>>Volthoom or AM.

Odekahn
Then why would they need Nekron at all?

Fact is, the power of the BL ring exorcised the EM Spectrum energy in Volthoom (shown on panel).

Nekron could have killed him with or without that EM purge. The only reason Hal purged Volthoom was because he didn't want Nekron to kill him with all that EM energy in him lest it cause universal level havok.

Hal's will had to do with controlling the BL ring and ordering around Nekron rather than the other way around.

Nekron >>>>>>>>>>Volthoom or AM.

The power of the black ring AND its user, drained what energy was left after sinestro had ripped the great heart out of his chest.

Galan007
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Not sure if you are being sarcastic?

Also, I thought Skar(the guardian) died which is why Nekron was able to control her I am being very serious. AM soaked a galaxy-busting explosion at ground zero. Immediately after enduring said explosion, he got up and atomized a few more GLs with a single attack.

Volthoom displayed absolutely NO feats which alluded to him being able to casually destroy galaxies(nothing remotely close to that, in fact)... So he cannot possibly hope to cause any significant damage to AM here.

They both took planetary attacks. The one that hit The weakened AM in SC almost killed him while the one that hit volthoom only momentarily stunned him. The detonation AM soaked contained enough energy to destroy the Milky Way galaxy:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15913724_GreenLantern25-031.jpg

Galaxy>>>>>>>>>Planet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.