KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » SC Anti-Monitor Vs Volthoom

SC Anti-Monitor Vs Volthoom
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

SC Anti-Monitor Vs Volthoom

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 05:18 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Volthoom in a stomp

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 06:15 AM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

I'd also go with Volthoom

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 12:21 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Volthoom as well. thumb up

The Word

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 12:32 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The only way AM wins is if he hits Volthoom with an anti-matter wave. Sans that, 'thoom should stomp.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 04:09 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Volthoom is the shittiest villain I've seen in a long time. AM wins on it alone.

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 04:53 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Huh? I thought Voltoom did "nothing" impressive as a villain?

Didn't SC AM at least take on legions of Lanterns and teams of Guardians?

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 05:20 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Didn't AM kill a guardian by grabbing her?

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 07:17 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Wasn't AM also torturing Kyle with one of the entities of light? Not sure which one it was.

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 08:00 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Also Nekron easily killed Volthoom but bfrd AM.

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 08:03 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Diesldude
Also Nekron easily killed Volthoom but bfrd AM.

That's because the White Entity was there. It freed and resurrected AM. All Nekron could do at that point was BFR, since if he destroyed him, he'd just be rezzed again.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 08:07 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Didn't AM kill a guardian by grabbing her?
AM injured a Guardian with a touch. It also took a galaxy-busting explosion just to momentarily stall him.

Yeah, 'thoom isn't winning.

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 09:19 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by zopzop
That's because the White Entity was there. It freed and resurrected AM. All Nekron could do at that point was BFR, since if he destroyed him, he'd just be rezzed again.

Was that stated on panel? Because it surely sounds like a far fetched explanation to explain the Bfr.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 09:23 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Galan007
The only way AM wins is if he hits Volthoom with an anti-matter wave. Sans that, 'thoom should stomp.
Originally posted by Galan007
AM injured a Guardian with a touch. It also took a galaxy-busting explosion just to momentarily stall him.

Yeah, 'thoom isn't winning.

so gay

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 09:27 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Ikr? Just remembered the galaxy thing. thumb down

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 09:28 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Bentley
Was that stated on panel? Because it surely sounds like a far fetched explanation to explain the Bfr.

Well seeing as how the freaking LIFE ENTITY was there and commanded the dead and imprisoned AM to "LIVE", yeah.

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 09:29 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Well seeing as how the freaking LIFE ENTITY was there and commanded the dead and imprisoned AM to "LIVE", yeah.

So was there a statement? Are you trying to confuse me? confused

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 09:31 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Bentley
So was there a statement? Are you trying to confuse me? confused

Whatever the White Rings touched or the White Entity commanded to "LIVE" were free of Nekron.

What's he gonna do? Kill them only to have them live again? It'd be an endless stalemate.

Nekron tanked his blast and casually sent him on his way.

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 09:32 PM
Bentley
Seitei

I understand the explanation, I just wanted to know if it was stated for clarity's sake. I assume that he bfr everyone and not just the AM, because if Nekron was in such a powerless position as you imply it was the best way to deal with everyone.

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 09:36 PM
Odekahn

Huh? I thought Voltoom did "nothing" impressive as a villain?

Whoever told you that is very wrong. Volthoom fought scores of lanterns, including atrocitus, white lantern Kyle, mogo, the legions of the dead, a parallax possessed sinestro, nekron, and still tapped into Hal's willpower which was stated as being a greater source of will than the central power battery and was equated with the spark of life.

SC AM was a weakened version, volthoom was way more powerful than that version of the anti monitor.

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 10:57 PM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote