Weekly Movie Club VS Round 1 : Subject 20

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the ninjak
As per the viewings of the first week of our Weekly Movie Club.

How did Subject 20 fare?

Round 1- Subject 20 is unleashed on the same spacecraft from the film Alien. Does it kill all passengers including the Xeno?

Round 2- Subject 20 instead of a team of marines is unleashed upon the Alien from the film "Aliens".
The experiment makes it's way down the bases complex of Xenos until it reaches it's queen then hopefully defeats her. Will it succeed?

Round 3- Can it survive the same mission as Round 2 if faced with the combined might of all the Predators from the film "Predators" raiding the same base?

Round 4- Lands upon the Antarctic Base based on the film "The Thing".
Can it defeat the creature?

Can the far planet Genetic Synthesis Research Unit experiment for a new bacterial food source from the film Mutant aka Forbidden World actually have created an unstoppable monster?
Only you can decide. smile

the ninjak
Cmon people.

How do you all perceive the mutant against the forces I presented?

I'll continue this venture a few more times. If none respond then I'll give it up.

Lestov16
This is a tough one.

the ninjak
You watched Mutant? smile

Lestov16
I saw the trailer. The link you posted is expired, and toughened copyright laws have prevented me from finding it online. Based on the trailer (this movie looks too gory for me; I shouldn't have watched this while eating dinner sick ):

PcHWB7GgLfM

And what I garnered from wikis:

I am about 98% sure the Thing can take it. IDK about Alien. How did Subject 20 react to weaponry (what kind of weaponry was it)? If a bullet could put it down, I could see Xenomorph acidic blood killing it, or at least harming it. If the insect can be decapitated, I think a Predator is agile enough to slay it and avoiding being eaten.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Lestov16
I am about 98% sure the Thing can take it. IDK about Alien. How did Subject 20 react to weaponry (what kind of weaponry was it)? If a bullet could put it down, I could see Xenomorph acidic blood killing it, or at least harming it. If the insect can be decapitated, I think a Predator is agile enough to slay it and avoiding being eaten.

It took laser gun fire pretty well. It constantly reforms itself and evolves to the DNA and tactics surrounding it.
It tore through metal with ease and had an advanced calculating intelligence. It was able to understand English and computer code capably enough to communicate to people. All in a few days.

Acid blood should harm Subject 20 at first but it wont kill it. And it's much faster and adaptive than Xenos. Fast enough to get away and adapt to the acid blood for another round.

In regards to Predators. I think Subject 20 is faster and more aggressive. Though it likes to play with its prey. Though Subject 20 will understand quickly how capable the Predator are and make necessary adjustments.

The Thing in a 1 on 1 brawl has an excellent chance of beating Subject 20. It all depends on if Subject 20 can obtain Thing DNA and absorb it before the Thing can kill it. If Subject 20 absorbs any DNA and escapes to a hiding spot and evolves. The Thing may well be screwed.

Lestov16
Xeno stands no chance here. I doubt the Predator can harm it unless it uses it's wrist-nuke. The Thing loses this one IMO, because if Subject 20 could corrode metal and withstand laser temperature, I think it beats the Thing (which went down to a thermite explosion) in terms of durability.

How hot was the laser fire?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Lestov16
Xeno stands no chance here. I doubt the Predator can harm it unless it uses it's wrist-nuke. The Thing loses this one IMO, because if Subject 20 could corrode metal and withstand laser temperature, I think it beats the Thing (which went down to a thermite explosion) in terms of durability.

How hot was the laser fire?

Ummm tough to remember. They just seemed like generic lasers. But had wide burst and exploded on impact from memory.

Lestov16
Yeah. I think Subject 20 clears it. You'll probably need something inorganically sentient, like the Blob to take it down.

the ninjak
Subject 20 also had the ability to infect victims who in turn start to corrode into a food source for the creature.
Wonder how that would effect the Blob?

Lestov16
Blob could probably engulf and dissolve Subject 20 before S20 could secrete enough necessary pathogens to take down the Blob, less lone for the pathogens to even take effect. Matter of fact, the Blob would probably absorb the pathogens.

the ninjak
Yeah good call. It took ages for the pathogens to work anyways.

Lestov16
Have you ever seen a horror film called Splinter?

the ninjak
No I haven't. It looks good. Surprised it escaped under my radar.

I'll give it a shot.

Lestov16
It's very much like the Thing. Not nearly as scary, but similar in atmosphere.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.