KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Weekly Movie Club VS Round 1 : Subject 20

Weekly Movie Club VS Round 1 : Subject 20
Started by: the ninjak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Laugh Weekly Movie Club VS Round 1 : Subject 20

As per the viewings of the first week of our Weekly Movie Club.

How did Subject 20 fare?

Round 1- Subject 20 is unleashed on the same spacecraft from the film Alien. Does it kill all passengers including the Xeno?

Round 2- Subject 20 instead of a team of marines is unleashed upon the Alien from the film "Aliens".
The experiment makes it's way down the bases complex of Xenos until it reaches it's queen then hopefully defeats her. Will it succeed?

Round 3- Can it survive the same mission as Round 2 if faced with the combined might of all the Predators from the film "Predators" raiding the same base?

Round 4- Lands upon the Antarctic Base based on the film "The Thing".
Can it defeat the creature?

Can the far planet Genetic Synthesis Research Unit experiment for a new bacterial food source from the film Mutant aka Forbidden World actually have created an unstoppable monster?
Only you can decide. smile

Last edited by the ninjak on Jun 16th, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2013 10:39 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Cmon people.

How do you all perceive the mutant against the forces I presented?

I'll continue this venture a few more times. If none respond then I'll give it up.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2013 12:08 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

This is a tough one.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2013 06:55 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

You watched Mutant? smile

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 08:15 AM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I saw the trailer. The link you posted is expired, and toughened copyright laws have prevented me from finding it online. Based on the trailer (this movie looks too gory for me; I shouldn't have watched this while eating dinner sick ):

And what I garnered from wikis:

quote:
a research team has created an experimental lifeform they have designated "Subject 20". This lifeform was built out of the synthetic DNA strain, "Proto B", and was intended to stave off a galaxy-wide food crisis. However, Subject 20 mutates rapidly and uncontrollably and has killed all of the laboratory subject animals before cocooning itself within an examination booth. After Subject 20 hatches from its cocoon, it begins killing the personnel at the station, starting with the lab tech charged with cleansing the subject lab of the dead animal test subjects.

Subject 20's genetic design incorporates human DNA. Furthermore, its method of killing is most horrifying: this beast injects its prey with the Proto B DNA strain which then proceeds to remove all genetic differences within specific cells. The result is a terrifying death as the victim's living body slowly erodes into gelatinous pile of pure protein which subject 20 then uses for food. After its final mutation, where the creature evolves into a huge insect-like being with a large mouth full of sharp teeth, the creature is eventually slain when it eats Cal's cancer-ridden liver, its body genetically self-destructing from within.

I am about 98% sure the Thing can take it. IDK about Alien. How did Subject 20 react to weaponry (what kind of weaponry was it)? If a bullet could put it down, I could see Xenomorph acidic blood killing it, or at least harming it. If the insect can be decapitated, I think a Predator is agile enough to slay it and avoiding being eaten.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 11:11 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lestov16
I am about 98% sure the Thing can take it. IDK about Alien. How did Subject 20 react to weaponry (what kind of weaponry was it)? If a bullet could put it down, I could see Xenomorph acidic blood killing it, or at least harming it. If the insect can be decapitated, I think a Predator is agile enough to slay it and avoiding being eaten.

It took laser gun fire pretty well. It constantly reforms itself and evolves to the DNA and tactics surrounding it.
It tore through metal with ease and had an advanced calculating intelligence. It was able to understand English and computer code capably enough to communicate to people. All in a few days.

Acid blood should harm Subject 20 at first but it wont kill it. And it's much faster and adaptive than Xenos. Fast enough to get away and adapt to the acid blood for another round.

In regards to Predators. I think Subject 20 is faster and more aggressive. Though it likes to play with its prey. Though Subject 20 will understand quickly how capable the Predator are and make necessary adjustments.

The Thing in a 1 on 1 brawl has an excellent chance of beating Subject 20. It all depends on if Subject 20 can obtain Thing DNA and absorb it before the Thing can kill it. If Subject 20 absorbs any DNA and escapes to a hiding spot and evolves. The Thing may well be screwed.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 11:33 AM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Xeno stands no chance here. I doubt the Predator can harm it unless it uses it's wrist-nuke. The Thing loses this one IMO, because if Subject 20 could corrode metal and withstand laser temperature, I think it beats the Thing (which went down to a thermite explosion) in terms of durability.

How hot was the laser fire?

Jack Bauer

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 11:56 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lestov16
Xeno stands no chance here. I doubt the Predator can harm it unless it uses it's wrist-nuke. The Thing loses this one IMO, because if Subject 20 could corrode metal and withstand laser temperature, I think it beats the Thing (which went down to a thermite explosion) in terms of durability.

How hot was the laser fire?

Ummm tough to remember. They just seemed like generic lasers. But had wide burst and exploded on impact from memory.

Last edited by the ninjak on Sep 3rd, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 12:11 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Yeah. I think Subject 20 clears it. You'll probably need something inorganically sentient, like the Blob to take it down.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 12:35 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Subject 20 also had the ability to infect victims who in turn start to corrode into a food source for the creature.
Wonder how that would effect the Blob?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 12:41 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Blob could probably engulf and dissolve Subject 20 before S20 could secrete enough necessary pathogens to take down the Blob, less lone for the pathogens to even take effect. Matter of fact, the Blob would probably absorb the pathogens.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 12:48 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Yeah good call. It took ages for the pathogens to work anyways.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 01:48 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Have you ever seen a horror film called Splinter?

Jack Bauer

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 02:02 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

No I haven't. It looks good. Surprised it escaped under my radar.

I'll give it a shot.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 02:12 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

It's very much like the Thing. Not nearly as scary, but similar in atmosphere.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 02:17 PM