Curryman's Tourney Amalgams/Matchups!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

curryman
It has begun
Lp5ekMlQvi4

Click here for the bracket!

Amalgams;

Abhilegend's Superchild ((Abomination, Prometheus, Captain Britain))

Leonidas' Diabolik ((Blue Beetle, Fantomex, Red Ghost) )

Tijay's シルクと金属のクモ /Silk Metal Spider (Metal, Doc Ock and Spidey)

Psycho Gundam's Z2P45-9-X-51-Northstar pilot: "Tony Stack" (X-51, IM, Northstar)
Picture

Sin I Am's Pitt of Despair!(Pitt, Amadeus Cho, Psylocke)

Charlotte's Queen of Emeralds
Picture

Id's The Honey Badger! (Rogue, Quibit, Sage)

Chipguy's Downtown Claptrap (Aquaman, Karate Kid, Nelson Jent)

Digi's Honor Glide! (Ultimo, Dark Angel, Havok)

Beatbok's Old-Man's Justice (The shield, The Question, Justice)

curryman
As you can see the first matchups are;

Abhilegend vs Beatboks

Digi vs Psycho Gundam

They will begin on Wednesday 2pm gmt+0 and last until the next Tuesday 2pm gmt +0. 6 days.

Once these matches have finished we'll commence with the others.

Bada is taking bets and Delph is fixing matches.

MF DELPH
facepalm @ 90% of these theme songs.

Smh...

Digi
*looks at bracket*

I see how it is.

*rolls up sleeves*

Also, my amalgam name is randomized using random wiki articles chosen by curry. I didn't know what it would be, and it will change as the tourney progresses. Honor Glide is...surprisingly normal.

leonidas
hmm, interesting. so cdb has polaris, miss martian and emma...? correct?

some unique teams. pretty solid stuff overall imo.

curryman
Shit, I forgot to add that. I'll have to ask Badabing to edit it.

It's supposed to be (Miss Martian, Emma, Polaris)

leonidas
Originally posted by Digi
*looks at bracket*

I see how it is.

*rolls up sleeves*

Also, my amalgam name is randomized using random wiki articles chosen by curry. I didn't know what it would be, and it will change as the tourney progresses. Honor Glide is...surprisingly normal.

lol

i just looked at it. yeah, the bottom half of that draw is a little on the heavier side. me, you, pg and id all in the bottom. ah well. gotta beat y'all sometime. luck everyone. wink

abhilegend
My amalgam's name was chosen by Curry too.

leonidas
i mentioned them above--emma, martian and polaris.

curryman
And lmao, I didn't notice that I put a great deal of the heavy hitters in the same bracket.

That oughta make things interesting : )

leonidas
that first match will be very important now as the loser will have a LONG way to go and every match from there on will be an elimination match. these double eliminations are cool (when i played beach volleyball i played in many many of them...) but if you lose that opener it is a B!TCH..... so, don't lose it. smile

Digi
Originally posted by curryman
And lmao, I didn't notice that I put a great deal of the heavy hitters in the same bracket.

That oughta make things interesting : )

There's 4 tourney victories and 3 runners-up finishes in the bottom half of the bracket. Granted, I account for one of each, so there's no intimidation, but still.

And the top half has...two people who have entered tourneys before.

So yeah, I'd call this an understatement.

Charlotte DeBel
Three times in semifinals (twice, actually, team tourney at the Deph's forum was a "due-to-drop-out"wink, same tourney record as Id (didn't remember him getting to finals also). But then again, this is the BEST in upper half.
So... it's imbalanced. Would have been EVEN more imbalanced if me and Sin I Am switched placessmile With ALL finalists/semifinalists of previous tourneys ending up in one half.

Digi
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Three times in semifinals (twice, actually, team tourney at the Deph's forum was a "due-to-drop-out"wink, same tourney record as Id (didn't remember him getting to finals also). But then again, this is the BEST in upper half.
So... it's imbalanced. Would have been EVEN more imbalanced if me and Sin I Am switched placessmile

You're the tourney vet, so yeah, I didn't mean to short-change you. But the point is the same about the bracket disparity. Still, should make for some interesting matches.

psycho gundam
don't want to be "that guy", but i don't fully agree on the hand-picked match scheme. the bracket is lopsided and also kind of panders to the people that are most likely being mislabeled as newbs.

i just want it to be a random draw as everyone deserves to sweep the competition just as much as everyone deserves to get wrecked every time. no easy mode

Digi
Originally posted by psycho gundam
don't want to be "that guy", but i don't fully agree on the hand-picked match scheme. the bracket is lopsided and also kind of panders to the people that are most likely being mislabeled as newbs.

i just want it to be a random draw as everyone deserves to sweep the competition just as much as everyone deserves to get wrecked every time. no easy mode

thumb up

It may be too late, but I was a proponent of randomization from the start, so I agree. As much as I want to beat on PG in a few days, something that is mathematically impartial is, imo, the best way to handle it.

Curry's done a great job with everything, though. Whatever is decided, we'll deal with it and continue to be awesome (well, I will at least).

psycho gundam
thought it was joke at first, but the picked matches were true
not a knock on curryman at all but it should be random.

i had one of the worst op's in history for my first tournament, but no hand outs were given my way nor the way of anyone else, and that was a time when tournaments were frequent

chipguy_okay
Never-mind. I wasn't looking hard enough.

curryman
The first 2 matches will remain as they are, but I will agree with randomizing the other ones smile

Does anyone have a site where I can just type in the names and it does all the work for me?

psycho gundam
Err any reason why?

psycho gundam
The first 2 matches will remain as they are, but I will agree with randomizing the other ones smile Originally posted by psycho gundam
Err any reason why? still waaiiiting

psycho gundam
Does anyone have a site where I can just type in the names and it does all the work for me? do it all the same way; be totally legit with the randomization, please. doing it that way is fair to EVERYONE

curryman
Okay, heading out to get some food.

Get me a site and I'll post the new matchups smile

"Id"
Okay, heading out to get some food.

Get me a site and I'll post the new matchups smile
http://www.random.org/lists/

beatboks
i named my character Xama in one of the other threads a while ago. not "old man Justice". It means shaman. in case it matters my theme song was also two steps behind

curryman
do it all the same way; be totally legit with the randomization, please. doing it that way is fair to EVERYONE
Randomizing it all now.

Give me a few minutes to fix it in paint smile

Updated Bracket! (fully randomized)

Charlotte DeBel
For some reason I'm laughing my ass off.
A full metal team in the 1st round and a TP catfight in the second onesmile)

beatboks
so just to be clear psycho has
machine man's body
Tony Stark's mind and gear
Northstar's power

???

also where does the battle take place?
conditions ( populated, time, area, is BFR allowed etc)

I'll start preparing a write up later tonight but need to know at least where we'll be fighting and starting distance etc to adjust my plan accordingly

curryman
It should be pretty clear what his amalgam consists of at this point.

bfr off

And as I mentioned earlier, there is a huge dome/forcefield surrounding the battlefield. If you go through one end then you appear out the other. The combatants do not know this

Psycho vs Beatboks takes place in Bristol, UK, at noon.

Charlotte vs Tijay takes place in Sapporo, Japan in the evening.

beatboks
It should be pretty clear what his amalgam consists of at this point.

bfr off

And as I mentioned earlier, there is a huge dome/forcefield surrounding the battlefield. If you go through one end then you appear out the other. The combatants do not know this

Psycho vs Beatboks takes place in Bristol, UK, at noon.

Charlotte vs Tijay takes place in Sapporo, Japan in the evening.

Well, pardon me. I just finished a 12 hr work day after 5 hrs sleep and was reading it on an iphone mounted on a phone mount on my cars dashboard while stopped at lights.

I couldnt work out the abbreviations on match up thread. In all honesty when I first read it I thought it was only two characters. It's only after I scanned throught the draft threads three times each that I guessed it was who I said in the last post, because all i was certain of was northstar.

Also haven't see any mention of anything other than the 10 minute break I had earlier today and a quick scan through.

abhilegend
So my first match is one of the most experienced tourney vets? Cool.

psycho gundam
^ But at least it wasn't put that way by a sapient mind with capability of motive and emotion. There is nobody to blame IF (very important) you happen to lose, all that remains is your character choices and how you use them against your opponent's similar circumstances

beatboks
@psycho Gundam. Cause your going to need it big grin
I think I have this one in the opening write up

abhilegend
^ But at least it wasn't put that way by a sapient mind with capability of motive and emotion. There is nobody to blame IF (very important) you happen to lose, all that remains is your character choices and how you use them against your opponent's similar circumstances
I wasn't complaining.

Charlotte DeBel
Sapporo as "the big ass jumping hills remaining from Olympics" Sapporo?
I'm doing the research on how far away those are from the city. Olympic stadiums are normally very steel-rich structures.

beatboks
Is it too early to PM our write up to Curry. I've got mine ready now.

beatboks
Never mind I already sent my 2 PM's to Curry ( Damn pm post limit, if I had 28 characters more it would have been three)

curryman
It's Sapporo City and Bristol City.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by beatboks
@psycho Gundam. Cause your going to need it big grin
I think I have this one in the opening write up definitely interested on what you bring to the match cause your picks are kinda confusing. good luck

Blair Wind
I hope he has something up his sleeve. I also hope the newcomers realize how far we tend to take our characters from their base levels considering the characters do not fight in character - we fight for them. Which means they can actually be smart.

psycho gundam
all three of his picks are sketchy, but the question being the keystone of the whole thing.... he might be rocking that same shirt that ryu from street fighter wears

beatboks
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I hope he has something up his sleeve. I also hope the newcomers realize how far we tend to take our characters from their base levels considering the characters do not fight in character - we fight for them. Which means they can actually be smart.

Considering my mind pick has stopped a plan of Lex Luthor that was months of prep and was chased out of Metropolis by Superman because his version of Justice was too blood thirsty and Superman didn't like the body count, I VERY much want to be in character.

beatboks

Beatbok's Old-Man's Justice (The shield, The Question, Justice)

Just noticed aside from the name wrong my theme song is too. this was supposed to be my theme song. I did list it in the other thread with the name.

psycho gundam
maybe he saw taylor swift and decided to spare your honour

beatboks
maybe he saw taylor swift and decided to spare your honour

Taylor swift aside it was still a damn good version of the song with all that acoustics.

these lyrics however are the cool part particularly apt for my amalgam and the abilities it unlocks

Walk away if you want to
it's ok, if you need to
you can run, but you can never hide
From the shadow that's creeping up beside you
There's a magic running through your soul
But you can't have it all

(Whatever you do)
I'll be two steps behind you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.