Superior Spider-man Team-up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
Sounds like Spider-man vs The MU. That's what they're going for anyway.

leonidas
how is it that there is no real superior spidey discussion thread? confused

anway, i guess this is as good as any place to start one up. general thoughts? i thought i'd hate the whole concept, but...i'm warming to it a bit.....

Kento
I'm liking the way Ock is running Parkers life. Managing an actual life and everything. Albeit he is being increasingly more cocky.

Darth Vicious
I like that he's going for a doctorate, something Peter should have accomplished years ago. I like how he sees MJ as a distraction and doesn't necessarily cares for her too much.

leonidas
lol i agree with both the above. ock really has done some things that petey should have done. parker was in a bit of a box and i like that we're seeing what could happen if spidey was allowed to use his brains as a weapon. i think pete could have accomplished a lot of what ock has done. not sure when they'll bring pete back (but of course they will) but when they do i hope they let his brain be his best weapon. funny ock's using the raft as an hq too. cool idea. gotta feeling goblin is gonna really f his sh!t up soon though.....

Kento
Yea, that's what I am waiting for. Goblin outsmarting him, and a huge blow to his superiority complex. Though I wonder how long until Parker's friends figure out who he actually is as they already know he isn't Parker.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by leonidas
lol i agree with both the above. ock really has done some things that petey should have done. parker was in a bit of a box and i like that we're seeing what could happen if spidey was allowed to use his brains as a weapon. i think pete could have accomplished a lot of what ock has done. not sure when they'll bring pete back (but of course they will) but when they do i hope they let his brain be his best weapon. funny ock's using the raft as an hq too. cool idea. gotta feeling goblin is gonna really f his sh!t up soon though.....

The network of spiders he has all over the city is another nice touch. Why couldn't Peter think of that?

At this point Im not even sure if I want Peter back.

Martian_mind
I don't. Spoc is amazing, plus we have Kaine and Spiderman 2099 running around. Tis the Golden age of the spider.

leonidas
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
The network of spiders he has all over the city is another nice touch. Why couldn't Peter think of that?

At this point Im not even sure if I want Peter back.

lol i wouldn't go that far, but i do think petey will LEARN some things from the way ock is working. it's hard to argue he's been more effective than spidey has been. i honestly can't wait to see where the goblin arc goes. should be great.

jitay
Has the superior six happened yet?

JayDaDon
I understand liking the new ideas and all, but if you say you don't ever want Peter back then are you even a real fan of Spider-man or someone who just jumped on the Spock bandwagon.

Darth Vicious
I've been reading Spidey since forever. I should have said I don't want Peter back just yet. I was really against the idea of "killing" him in the first place but have found this version very enjoyable and I don't want the ride to end.

I see Peter coming back eventually. He was very smart too so who knows maybe he transferred his consciousness into the Living Brain. I know, he doesn't have a real brain.

Kento
Originally posted by JayDaDon
I understand liking the new ideas and all, but if you say you don't ever want Peter back then are you even a real fan of Spider-man or someone who just jumped on the Spock bandwagon. I've read Spider-Man off and on over the years, I'm not a big fan of Parker so I didn't follow it. But I was against Ock taking over his body cause, Spidey is Parker. But I decided to try it just to see, and I've really enjoyed it which I haven't with any other times I've read Spider-Man, though I haven't read a single issue since OMD. So I'm not really looking forward to Parker coming back, but it's gotta happen.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Kento
though I haven't read a single issue since OMD. .

You missed out on some good stuff.

JayDaDon
Yup

Darth Vicious
Nice curve ball on the last issue. I thought Peter had the doctorate in the bag.

SamZED
Same here. Also poor Felicia. And lol at MJ.
Originally posted by Kento I haven't read a single issue since OMD. So I'm not really looking forward to Parker coming back, but it's gotta happen. You're missing out a lot. OMD was crap but everything that followed was awesome.

SamZED
Mr. Negative in Superior Team up 9. Very excited. Last we've seen him Bendis jobbed him to freaking Hawkeye. Hope he redeems himself in the issue.

leonidas
still haven't got into team-up (is it worth it sam?), but i thought the superior spidey #30 was excellent. absolutely loved the last page. classic spidey. classic cliffhanger. it's scenes like that that made me love comics in the first place all those years ago.... lol can't wait to read the conclusion of the arc.

Galan007
Superior Spider-Man as a whole has been excellent, but the 'Goblin Nation' stuff has been particularly epic(and it's supposed to get epic-er in the next issue.)

...And I am by no means a Spidey fan, so my thorough enjoyment of the series should say a lot.

SamZED
Originally posted by leonidas
still haven't got into team-up (is it worth it sam?), but i thought the superior spidey #30 was excellent. absolutely loved the last page. classic spidey. classic cliffhanger. it's scenes like that that made me love comics in the first place all those years ago.... lol can't wait to read the conclusion of the arc. It is, well at least the earlier issues and the ones with the Superior Six. Issues that tie in with Infinity less so.

Galan007
The final issue was good, but it kind of felt rushed to me. The 'big reveal'(even though many expected it) was interesting, but I wanted the 'Goblin Nation' arc to end with more of a bang. /shrug

SamZED
Originally posted by Galan007
The final issue was good, but it kind of felt rushed to me. The 'big reveal'(even though many expected it) was interesting, but I wanted the 'Goblin Nation' arc to end with more of a bang. /shrug Same here. I expected something bigger. Still liked it. The issue before the last one was better though. As for mustache Norman, IMO that was unnecessary. But I like the idea of him becoming more dangerous because he is sane for the first time in years.

I think we haven't seen the last of SpOck. There's a chance he'll appear in july's ASM issue. Slott never explained what happened when he disappeared for 9 hours after that time bomb exploded. He came back shouting "You haven't heard the last of Doctor Octopus!" and then instantly forgot where he went. Maybe he went into the future and is going to face off against Morlun with other Spider-men.

Galan007
Posting this page here because frankly, Goblin's revelation that he was dealing with the 'real' Spider-Man(ie. Parker) is one of the best Spidey moments I've ever read...

http://i.imgur.com/1ASoobV.jpg

Love it. excellent

SamZED
It's sort of creepy that they know each other so well.

abhilegend
Posting this page here because frankly, Goblin's revelation that he was dealing with the 'real' Spider-Man(ie. Parker) is one of the best Spidey moments I've ever read...

Love it. excellent
crylaugh

JayDaDon
I loved how Goblin immediately lost his shit once he realized it was him laughing out loud

leonidas

Love it. excellent

laughing out loud

classic stuff. the whole goblin nation + build up to it was really was outstanding, among the best, most enjoyable stuff i've read in comics in a while.

abhilegend
Is this true or even canon?

First sabretooth and then peter getting a sister?

abhilegend
Sabertooth gets a sister. Spider-Man gets a sister.

Marvel's next crossover : Revenge of the Sinister Sisters.

StiltmanFTW
laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.