Maryann Forrester vs. Marnie Stonebrook

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
True Blood villainous battle. Who wins ?

BloodRain
With or without Antonia, Marine gets crushed. No doubt about it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BloodRain
With or without Antonia, Marine gets crushed. No doubt about it. You think she gets crushed with Antonia ? Really ?

BloodRain
Definitely. Without necromancy what did she really have? She could create fog to hide, teleport, somehow create a sun barrier and summon fire. The only danger being the fire, something she only summons around the target.

Marnie has her impressive physical stats and her own powers.

quanchi112
Definitely. Without necromancy what did she really have? She could create fog to hide, teleport, somehow create a sun barrier and summon fire. The only danger being the fire, something she only summons around the target.

Marnie has her impressive physical stats and her own powers. Telekinesis. She could make someone forget who they were or make their skin rot. She had very impressive powers. I am not saying she wins only that it isn't a stomp. Maryann would probably enjoy being attacked as whacked out as she was.

BloodRain
When did she do that? Yeah, via her control over the undead.

Don't have to call it a stomp. As it stands the best power against Maryann is the ring of fire, how effective that would be is a different matter. Maryann can slash, poison and dance to defeat Marnie

quanchi112
When did she do that? Yeah, via her control over the undead.

Don't have to call it a stomp. As it stands the best power against Maryann is the ring of fire, how effective that would be is a different matter. Maryann can slash, poison and dance to defeat Marnie I see no reason why those powers only work against vampires other than the mind control.

Maryann was a beast due to her invulnerability. She also could casually deflect bullets and control people.

Marnie is impressive with Antonia. She was a very capable witch.

BloodRain
When a necromancer uses a spell on the undead and on no one else, its a fair assumption that its a part of that necromancy.

Marnie was really impressive with Antonia, but that's because of the necro owning the verses strongest beings. Without that her abilities fall short to Maryann's, as does her physical self.

quanchi112
When a necromancer uses a spell on the undead and on no one else, its a fair assumption that its a part of that necromancy.

Marnie was really impressive with Antonia, but that's because of the necro owning the verses strongest beings. Without that her abilities fall short to Maryann's, as does her physical self. I see some of those spells working on anyone. I just see the necromancy giving her the power to control them given the time to chant out the spell/gesture.

I don't agree. She has ranged attacks. Maryann in character won't be as aggressive and will probably get a thrill out of it.

BloodRain
Nothing else has been shown to work on humans, and are things that would have been extremely useful. The mind control done on Eric is like the other ways she controls the undead.

Yeah, summoning fire. And I don't see normal fight as something above bullets or Fae blasts.

quanchi112
Nothing else has been shown to work on humans, and are things that would have been extremely useful. The mind control done on Eric is like the other ways she controls the undead.

Yeah, summoning fire. And I don't see normal fight as something above bullets or Fae blasts. She used the humans though to increase her energy during the chants. It might have to be done willingly.

Tk, summoning fire, altering the environment, and I still see other spells such as decay or amnesia being effective.

BloodRain
Thats because witches gain power in the chants like that, like when Holly did so.

I don't recall TK. The amnesia would be the same as what she as control over, /especially/ the decay. I cannot see fog and being surrounded by fire as ways she will win. On the other hand it would take a single scratch for Maryann to kill Marnie.

quanchi112
Thats because witches gain power in the chants like that, like when Holly did so.

I don't recall TK. The amnesia would be the same as what she as control over, /especially/ the decay. I cannot see fog and being surrounded by fire as ways she will win. On the other hand it would take a single scratch for Maryann to kill Marnie. iirc she uses tk on a knife or something. I think she killed a person. I could verify on my HBO go app later tonight.

It is her ranged game versus Maryann's physicality toxin carrying claws.

BloodRain
Oh yeah, when she offed the cute girl (sadface). Still such a low level of TK really doesn't have many practical uses. I mean if it was like Bill's the advantage would be hers.

Correction, its Witch range vs Maenad toxic claws and survivability. This boils down to whether the fire would down Maryann or not. If not, theres little that would stop her barring an unknown spell.

quanchi112
Oh yeah, when she offed the cute girl (sadface). Still such a low level of TK really doesn't have many practical uses. I mean if it was like Bill's the advantage would be hers.

Correction, its Witch range vs Maenad toxic claws and survivability. This boils down to whether the fire would down Maryann or not. If not, theres little that would stop her barring an unknown spell. She can use it though to affect objects which gives her another added advantage to her ranged game.

I still say the spells such as the memory loss would work.

BloodRain
Yes, but only small, handheld objects. Whats she going to do, throw knife at her? The woman has the speed and able-resistance to smack away bullets, so little that'll do. Then we look how she could likely take the knife without bother. There is little to nothing here limited TK could do here.

And we would still need to see her affect people with some sort of spells to deviate from what is or isn't branched from necromancy.

quanchi112
Yes, but only small, handheld objects. Whats she going to do, throw knife at her? The woman has the speed and able-resistance to smack away bullets, so little that'll do. Then we look how she could likely take the knife without bother. There is little to nothing here limited TK could do here.

And we would still need to see her affect people with some sort of spells to deviate from what is or isn't branched from necromancy. Just saying she has he ability is all. I did not say a knife will seriously harm or kill her.

Memory Erasing
Description: Used by Marnie to erase Eric's memory while being possessed by the spirit of Antonia.
Requirements: Powerful witch

Spell: "Iam tibi impero et praecipio maligne spiritus! ut confestit allata et circulo discedas absque omni strepito, terrore, clamore et foetore, asque sine omni damno mei tam animae quam corporis!"

Translation: Now I command and charge you, O evil spirit! That you immediately depart from the circle, abstaining from all noise, terror, tumult, and stench, and if you refuse I will damn you both in body and soul.

I disagree. Only the spells used to control the vampires or decay them seem vampire specific.

You can disagree all you want.

BloodRain
I can, as can you. Then we'll be left with two people disagreeing on a theory with nothing to back up either side, though using both for and against is in Maryann's favour;

-If I'm right, all Marinie would have is summoning fire and handheld level TK. Neither are enough to dance with Maryann.

-If you're right, Marnie has a move that will make Meryann forget who she is. Problem being that the amnesia makes her forget who she is, not what she is or her capabilities. Whether by thread rules or Marnie attacking, shed also get the incentive to fight back, just this time without her playful side. Actually this spell would make Maryann more of a threat mhmm

quanchi112
I can, as can you. Then we'll be left with two people disagreeing on a theory with nothing to back up either side, though using both for and against is in Maryann's favour;

-If I'm right, all Marinie would have is summoning fire and handheld level TK. Neither are enough to dance with Maryann.

-If you're right, Marnie has a move that will make Meryann forget who she is. Problem being that the amnesia makes her forget who she is, not what she is or her capabilities. Whether by thread rules or Marnie attacking, shed also get the incentive to fight back, just this time without her playful side. Actually this spell would make Maryann more of a threat mhmm The website lists the spells vampire specific and this is not one of them. My logic is backed by the website as is logic. Erasing someone's memory does not mean to me hey whoever you hit with the spell only. Controlling vampires is due to necromancy and the decay since it affects their vampire biology.

When the spell hit Eric he changed entirely. He did not fight back but left. I see the same thing happening here.

BloodRain
The website being the True Blood Wikia that is created and edited by fans with fan created spell names for the most part? It doesnt list what is or isnt vamp specific.

He knew he was a vampire, not hungry, not knowing where/who he is and surrounded by people. Sure he ran, why would Maryann? Eric does not attack for no reason, not even in that front he puts up. As long as she knows what she is, she'll act as Eric did when finding Sookie.

quanchi112
The website being the True Blood Wikia that is created and edited by fans with fan created spell names for the most part? It doesnt list what is or isnt vamp specific.

He knew he was a vampire, not hungry, not knowing where/who he is and surrounded by people. Sure he ran, why would Maryann? Eric does not attack for no reason, not even in that front he puts up. As long as she knows what she is, she'll act as Eric did when finding Sookie. There is no logical reason her spell of memory loss only works against vampires. No reason whatsoever. The list is pretty thought out and accurate. You can choose to believe that spell will not work but that is preposterous.

It does list what is vampire specific on the list of spells.

Loss of identity would not have you trying to clear the room. Think about it for a second.

She will be disillusioned just as Eric was. She will need to defeat Marnie before she can cast the spell.

BloodRain
There is because necromancy is the control of the undead, that spell is her controlling something about an undead. And just like her slave and decay spells has only shown to work on the things which she can control; the undead.

Say that to all the shows that have amnesia. Some run, some stay, some question, some get pissed, some just go with it.. it really depends on the character and setting. Assuming it works, we don't know how she would act. What we do know is the setting is some middle aged woman standing there, maybe attacking. We also know Maryann would know how 'immortal' she is and her cravings for human energy. All it would take is any reason to attack, whether thread rules, her own nature or Marnie attacking like she would, and Maryann would be back on the offensive.

quanchi112
There is because necromancy is the control of the undead, that spell is her controlling something about an undead. And just like her slave and decay spells has only shown to work on the things which she can control; the undead.

Say that to all the shows that have amnesia. Some run, some stay, some question, some get pissed, some just go with it.. it really depends on the character and setting. Assuming it works, we don't know how she would act. What we do know is the setting is some middle aged woman standing there, maybe attacking. We also know Maryann would know how 'immortal' she is and her cravings for human energy. All it would take is any reason to attack, whether thread rules, her own nature or Marnie attacking like she would, and Maryann would be back on the offensive. Slave and decay spells are vampire specific but not the memory one. Acting like she can't wipe anyone else's memories is faulty. Effect is the same.

But based on Marynn's character it makes sense for her not to fight. Eric is a born fighter and he fled. Just saying Maryann will fight ignores Eric's instance and her normal character.

She never attacked Bill despite him overpowering and attacking her. She let Sookie and Bill both leave.

BloodRain
Why is it? I'm basing my opinion on what the show gives us. And thats to mention that TB shows us that spells/magic works differently on different beings.

Eric is a born fighter. Without memory he lacks any personal qualities that make him Eric. He was a blank slate only working on what was going on around him, as said people react to amnesia instances in different ways. And we both know if Marnie attacked Maryann would counter.

As per her 'immortal' nature. She knew what would happen if he bit her, so she didn't even attempt to resist.

quanchi112
Why is it? I'm basing my opinion on what the show gives us. And thats to mention that TB shows us that spells/magic works differently on different beings.

Eric is a born fighter. Without memory he lacks any personal qualities that make him Eric. He was a blank slate only working on what was going on around him, as said people react to amnesia instances in different ways. And we both know if Marnie attacked Maryann would counter.

As per her 'immortal' nature. She knew what would happen if he bit her, so she didn't even attempt to resist. It depends on what spells, obviously. Witches can take control of vampires due to necromancy but that has nothing to do with a memory erasing spell.

You can't just assume she would fight as it is not in character for her to do so. Who knows if she would even do so. It is likely based on what we see for her to leave.

She did not know he would bite her. She does not resist due to her nature. She is out there to encourage lusting and losing control not combat. Not saying she won't defend herself but she just isn't likely from the onset to go onto the offensive.

BloodRain
Things say its possible as much as the opposite. So how about we call as assumed tie on this?

As you cannot assume she would decode to run. We're basing this off a blank personality of hers we have never see, which isn't Eric's. The thing is if attacked, which she will be, shed fight back.

She saw him cock his fangs and go for it, smiling away. This wouldn't be the first time she's been bitten. In this scenario, assuming the magic fire does much, she'll attack if actually damaged

quanchi112
Things say its possible as much as the opposite. So how about we call as assumed tie on this?

As you cannot assume she would decode to run. We're basing this off a blank personality of hers we have never see, which isn't Eric's. The thing is if attacked, which she will be, shed fight back.

She saw him cock his fangs and go for it, smiling away. This wouldn't be the first time she's been bitten. In this scenario, assuming the magic fire does much, she'll attack if actually damaged You assume what you want and I will do the same.

You are assuming she will but ignoring the instance of it occurring.

Yes, she does not seem to defend herself. Bill also throw her back and overpowered her prior to. She just doesn't seem to defend herself initially.

Not if her mind is wiped.

BloodRain
And if you try to assume a 350 vamp can bullet time, we'll have something to talk about.

To who, Eric? Is she Eric? Is she a vampire? Are her instincts that of his? Amnesiac are always show to react on different ways, so no one can say for certain what shed do. The only thong we know is that Marnie would be attacking in some way. Leading to the counter.

Yep, initially she doesn't. And seeing as the only damaging thing Marnie has is summoning fire, she has a good reason to be so aloof.

quanchi112
And if you try to assume a 350 vamp can bullet time, we'll have something to talk about.

To who, Eric? Is she Eric? Is she a vampire? Are her instincts that of his? Amnesiac are always show to react on different ways, so no one can say for certain what shed do. The only thong we know is that Marnie would be attacking in some way. Leading to the counter.

Yep, initially she doesn't. And seeing as the only damaging thing Marnie has is summoning fire, she has a good reason to be so aloof. we already discussed that aspect and disagree.

Eric's instincts are far more aggressive than let's party. No proof or likelihood of her doing what you say.

Amnesiac spell should work fine.

BloodRain
And left with it not being something you can ever prove. So that's that.

Again, the Viking warrior did not exist. Amnesia, remember? Instinct as in what would their blank slate selves do. Lol what I say? What I say is that neither of us can say what she would do when under. But, and this time hoping you actually respond to this, Marnie will end up attacking her, which will make her attack back.

quanchi112
And left with it not being something you can ever prove. So that's that.

Again, the Viking warrior did not exist. Amnesia, remember? Instinct as in what would their blank slate selves do. Lol what I say? What I say is that neither of us can say what she would do when under. But, and this time hoping you actually respond to this, Marnie will end up attacking her, which will make her attack back. The vamps still move at speeds beyond our perception.

There is no evidence she would react in the same manner.

Marnie might wipe her slate clean. She would then leave. Maryann did not attack Bill back.

BloodRain
That can mean anything from 200mph and up, you'd have to move at a quarter bullet speed to be undetectable.

There is no evidence to the contrary. Nothing either of us can say will prove how blank-slate Maryann would act, nothing at all. But yet again Marinie will have to attack sooner or later to win. Meaning she couldn't get more done than this.

quanchi112
That can mean anything from 200mph and up, you'd have to move at a quarter bullet speed to be undetectable.

There is no evidence to the contrary. Nothing either of us can say will prove how blank-slate Maryann would act, nothing at all. But yet again Marinie will have to attack sooner or later to win. Meaning she couldn't get more done than this. Still fast enough to attack Maryann. We have seen Bill faster and stronger get than she is.

Evidence of Eric's reaction and her in general support me.

One spell and she wins.

BloodRain
How is 1/4 bullet speed fast enough to tag someone with bullet speed reactions?

Cool, she isn't Eric nor will she be herself after amnesia. Ironically youre forgetting about the amnesia.

quanchi112
How is 1/4 bullet speed fast enough to tag someone with bullet speed reactions?

Cool, she isn't Eric nor will she be herself after amnesia. Ironically youre forgetting about the amnesia. We see Bill did. Bill tagged her and by your definition he cannot bullet time. An actual example but you are stuck on silly feats as the focal points of all of your debates.

No proof she will fight. She leaves just like when the spell was used. Her loss of identity suddenly would do that to a person. No reason to believe otherwise.

BloodRain
Remember when you said that Maryann allows things to hit her? Yeah, your own words back me up. Maryann has faster reactions than all vamps below 1,100,

Again, no proof she doesn't. Reference another character taking the spell in their own personal way all you like. And no, like I said earlier fiction shows amnesiacs acting is various ways. Look at Jason Borne; The first thing he did was start kicking peoples ass.

quanchi112
Remember when you said that Maryann allows things to hit her? Yeah, your own words back me up. Maryann has faster reactions than all vamps below 1,100,

Again, no proof she doesn't. Reference another character taking the spell in their own personal way all you like. And no, like I said earlier fiction shows amnesiacs acting is various ways. Look at Jason Borne; The first thing he did was start kicking peoples ass. She does. She let the bullets hit her hands.

She did not have faster reactions than Bill who is not even 500 years old.

You said she would fight but have no evidence while insisting we ignore the instance of the spell being cast on Eric.

BloodRain
Exactly, giving her faster reactions than anyone below Eric.

She did when she grabbed Sookie and chokedslammed her across the room right under Bill's nose. And when it came to it, Maryann was smiling during Bill's attack, so not a threat to her.

Do you even know why I said she would attack? Because while neither of us can say what she would happen, we do have one single fact; Marnie is going to attack her. And it doesnt matter what happened, if she attacks, Maryann will attack. Take even Eric, how being near a Fae made him instantly attack or how being near a presumed threat (Bill) made him instantly attack. Marinie will attack, meaning so too would Maryann.
(Seriously neither of us can say. Eric was overwhelmed and left, Who am I's Jackie just questioned it in his stride, Jason Borne aggressively questioned it, Shadow the Hedgehog instantly jumped into action, Prototype's Alex Mercer escaped because he was in his own autopsy, Hancock just took it in his stride.. it varies.)

quanchi112
Exactly, giving her faster reactions than anyone below Eric.

She did when she grabbed Sookie and chokedslammed her across the room right under Bill's nose. And when it came to it, Maryann was smiling during Bill's attack, so not a threat to her.

Do you even know why I said she would attack? Because while neither of us can say what she would happen, we do have one single fact; Marnie is going to attack her. And it doesnt matter what happened, if she attacks, Maryann will attack. Take even Eric, how being near a Fae made him instantly attack or how being near a presumed threat (Bill) made him instantly attack. Marinie will attack, meaning so too would Maryann.
(Seriously neither of us can say. Eric was overwhelmed and left, Who am I's Jackie just questioned it in his stride, Jason Borne aggressively questioned it, Shadow the Hedgehog instantly jumped into action, Prototype's Alex Mercer escaped because he was in his own autopsy, Hancock just took it in his stride.. it varies.) It is not relevant since we have an actual comparison. Bill was far faster than Maryann in combat. We don't look at feats and ignore actual peer comparisons.

She was still overpowered. He bit her and had no knowledge of her as an opponent. That's one thing the Maenad had going for her. She was not studied or dissected since Maenads aren't known the general public or even the general vampire population.

Maryann enjoyed being attacked and was happy throughout for the most part. She smiled as Sookie attacked her. Her goal is death for her god.

Vampires naturally prey on the Fae. Bad comparison. Eric did not attack nor will Maryann because she doesn't in character and there is nothing to support your case other than well maybe.

We are discussing True Blodod and the characters involved therein.

BloodRain
And like youve said, she didnt give a rats ass. She did not care if Bill bit her and it goes in her favour, and it points to her playful nature. So using an unresisting scene as evidence against her is highly faulty.

"Amnesiacs all act exactly the same, no questions asked" Not an argument. All of those characters are reliable evidence as we are discussing the effects of amnesia, and unless you can cite something that says it was her magic that made him run, its all fair game for fictional mind loss.

quanchi112
And like youve said, she didnt give a rats ass. She did not care if Bill bit her and it goes in her favour, and it points to her playful nature. So using an unresisting scene as evidence against her is highly faulty.

"Amnesiacs all act exactly the same, no questions asked" Not an argument. All of those characters are reliable evidence as we are discussing the effects of amnesia, and unless you can cite something that says it was her magic that made him run, its all fair game for fictional mind loss. She did not know he was going to bite her. She was not fast enough to stop him from overpowering her. She let Sookie and him both leave aka she does not give a shit.

I am saying you have no evidence at all to suggest your claim. I have canon proof and her behavior also supports it. Your argument consists of maybes and hey I don't know.

You have no evidence and want to ignore her history and the time the spell was used against a born fighter while still insisting she fights back. laughing out loud

BloodRain
Once again, by your words, "she does not give a shit". So why would she try to fight back against Bill?

I am saying you have no evidence about how she would act after becoming an amnesiac. Saying it would be exactly the same as with Eric is you saying "Amnesiacs all act exactly the same, no questions asked".

..do you have amnesia, or is this an ironic joke? no expression Eric being a warrior and her past means absolutely nothing because, and here's there spoiler, the amnesia makes them lose all identity and built up character traits. Eric was a warrior, but he did not know that.

If you're going to tell me Marnie would attack an amnesiac Maryann and she would not retaliate, just says alot.

quanchi112
Once again, by your words, "she does not give a shit". So why would she try to fight back against Bill?

I am saying you have no evidence about how she would act after becoming an amnesiac. Saying it would be exactly the same as with Eric is you saying "Amnesiacs all act exactly the same, no questions asked".

..do you have amnesia, or is this an ironic joke? no expression Eric being a warrior and her past means absolutely nothing because, and here's there spoiler, the amnesia makes them lose all identity and built up character traits. Eric was a warrior, but he did not know that.

If you're going to tell me Marnie would attack an amnesiac Maryann and she would not retaliate, just says alot. Yes, she does not try to fight back as it is not in her character to get ruthless from the onset thus proving she allows Marnie the time to cast her amnesiac spell.

Looking at the instance of the spell, the initial,confusion and loss of identity, and Maryann's history you can't say she suddenly starts getting very aggressive as there is no proof to that claim at all.

Maryann leaves at this point just like Eric thus losing the thread.

BloodRain
'cept it wont work, so theres that. Something we do know is that her powers will work against Marnie.

Again with bringing up her history like she'd even have that.. and again, you can keep saying "Eric did it, so its obvious Maryann would act the exact same way" is not a case. Amnesia makes different people act in different ways, and the only way that we can say what would happen to Maryann is to see it. Thats it, otherwise its just theory based on what we shall never know.

The fact that you have said nothing to what would happen the instant Marnie attacks kinda speaks for your answer.

quanchi112
'cept it wont work, so theres that. Something we do know is that her powers will work against Marnie.

Again with bringing up her history like she'd even have that.. and again, you can keep saying "Eric did it, so its obvious Maryann would act the exact same way" is not a case. Amnesia makes different people act in different ways, and the only way that we can say what would happen to Maryann is to see it. Thats it, otherwise its just theory based on what we shall never know.

The fact that you have said nothing to what would happen the instant Marnie attacks kinda speaks for your answer. You are assuming a far less powerful attack won't work just because a half Fae did not harm her.

You don't have a case just basic maybes. I have the scene as my proof. You have nothing.

She defeats Maryann as she has magic and teleportational abilities. Only thing Maryann has going for her is the invulnerability but lacks the ruthlessness and speed to stop Marnie.

BloodRain
No I'm not and the fact that this is what you think shows you've lost track of the topic. She enjoys the light, a fact. She's far more durable than a human, a fact. Humans can still take an Elders blast, another fact. Being bullet proof makes her even more durable, more facts. You cannot tell me how much more powerful Niall is compared to Elder, meaning you can't defend the point or suggest its above her, fact.

Oh right, you have proof. My mistake. So, tell me again, what happened the last time Maryann lost her memories?

Yes, because teleporting is an attack. Hey you said it yourself, she has that invulnerability. She's capable of walking through Marnies low offensive spells.

quanchi112
No I'm not and the fact that this is what you think shows you've lost track of the topic. She enjoys the light, a fact. She's far more durable than a human, a fact. Humans can still take an Elders blast, another fact. Being bullet proof makes her even more durable, more facts. You cannot tell me how much more powerful Niall is compared to Elder, meaning you can't defend the point or suggest its above her, fact.

Oh right, you have proof. My mistake. So, tell me again, what happened the last time Maryann lost her memories?

Yes, because teleporting is an attack. Hey you said it yourself, she has that invulnerability. She's capable of walking through Marnies low offensive spells. She is not immune to the light attacks. She also enjoyed Bill attacking her but it obviously affected her just not significant damage by any means.

I never said the blast would kill her but it would affect her and possibly ko her.

Different kind of attack and bullets don't ko like the blasts. Pay attention to what I am saying before going off on your rants.

We only have the time it did happen to someone with a clean slate. They left. Spell used and clean slate means left. You have nothing.

False. Based on what do you feel that Maryann is completely immune to fire ?

BloodRain
So she's not immune to the light, it just doesn't do anything significant to her? I'll take it.

Why. Why would it KO her. What proof do you have to even suggest this?

Lol this whole bullet vs blast topic has been your rant that has nothing to do with anything. The topic was their reactions, remember?

Cool so you can't prove how Maryann would act based on never seeing it, and for Eric being a completely different person?

Finally, the meat of the discussion. 1) Being far more durable than and being able to survive anything on the human level, fire would affect her much less than it would a person. The argument could be made that enough flames would damage her, but it would have to be before she puts it out. 2) She can only summon the flames, not really control them iirc.

quanchi112
So she's not immune to the light, it just doesn't do anything significant to her? I'll take it.

Why. Why would it KO her. What proof do you have to even suggest this?

Lol this whole bullet vs blast topic has been your rant that has nothing to do with anything. The topic was their reactions, remember?

Cool so you can't prove how Maryann would act based on never seeing it, and for Eric being a completely different person?

Finally, the meat of the discussion. 1) Being far more durable than and being able to survive anything on the human level, fire would affect her much less than it would a person. The argument could be made that enough flames would damage her, but it would have to be before she puts it out. 2) She can only summon the flames, not really control them iirc. Wrong. Sookie's light do not hurt her not the Fae vastly more powerful.

It would weather her down. If someone laughs off one punch that doesn't mean 100 punches cannot defeat them or from someone stronger and more skilled.

Spell was shown and blank slate the person left. You can't prove she would fight back and the time it was used supports my case. I have evidence you don't.

So now she can't control the flames ? Wow. You get more desperate with every post. So basically she might summon fire which she can't control and might even burn her. The greatest witch we have seen is this stupid.

laughing out loud

BloodRain
Yeah, as your words Sookie's blasts just tickle her. Also wrong thread.

Depends on the level of attack. For instance if I shove you a thousand times, once every 10 seconds, the damage wont rack up. And I take it this if you saying that she has that level of durability?

The blank slate of someone that isnt Maryann.. not being her means it does not mean shed be personally effected in the same way.

Do you know what 'iirc' means?

quanchi112
Yeah, as your words Sookie's blasts just tickle her. Also wrong thread.

Depends on the level of attack. For instance if I shove you a thousand times, once every 10 seconds, the damage wont rack up. And I take it this if you saying that she has that level of durability?

The blank slate of someone that isnt Maryann.. not being her means it does not mean shed be personally effected in the same way.

Do you know what 'iirc' means? so it does have an effect thus more power could damage her.

These attacks aren't pushes though and are considerably more powerful than a half Fae.

She will be hurt by continued attacks.

She is a blank slate so it does apply since no personality traits carry over.

BloodRain
Now all you need to do is tell me how powerful his are.

They are also not punches either... Why would continuous blasts harm her when we dont even know how strong they are?

The built up traits are stripped, they still have a baseline one (as seen with Eric). And thats not even the point, which is that unless all lifeforms minus memories are 100% the same, nothing says shed act like he did.

No response. Iirc means If I Recall Correctly, as in I can only recall her summoning flames to kindle the wood around Eric/Bill, and when she created a ring of fire on the floor around Sook. Which is hardly flamethrower quality.

quanchi112
Now all you need to do is tell me how powerful his are.

They are also not punches either... Why would continuous blasts harm her when we dont even know how strong they are?

The built up traits are stripped, they still have a baseline one (as seen with Eric). And thats not even the point, which is that unless all lifeforms minus memories are 100% the same, nothing says shed act like he did.

No response. Iirc means If I Recall Correctly, as in I can only recall her summoning flames to kindle the wood around Eric/Bill, and when she created a ring of fire on the floor around Sook. Which is hardly flamethrower quality. A lot more powerful.

We know full Fae are more powerful than half Fae. We also see the free behind them as far more powerful than what Sookie brings to bear.

We see the loss of identity is a clean slate. Clean slate with this spell means they flee. No other evidence to suggest otherwise.

You acted like she would not have control over fire and would summon it anyways. That's too stupid to even believe. Who would summon fire if they had no control and could kill them.

BloodRain
Niall is a lot more powerful that Sookie, Maryann is a lot more durable than things that can take Sookie.

Clean slate with the spell means they lose their memories, nothing more. Eric is not Maryann, just as he is not any other character that suffered amnesia. And yes, unless the spell makes them flee, it being just normal amnesia means I can compare to fictional amnesia, as its the same.

No, I said that there is a difference between just summoning fire and being able to manipulate it. For instance, Marnie summoning fire to light the wood under Eric/Bill or to create a ring around Sook is different from someone shooting out streams of fire from their fists, or Voldermort's fire snake magic. If she can only summon fire around Maryann, it won't be that threatening.

quanchi112
Niall is a lot more powerful that Sookie, Maryann is a lot more durable than things that can take Sookie.

Clean slate with the spell means they lose their memories, nothing more. Eric is not Maryann, just as he is not any other character that suffered amnesia. And yes, unless the spell makes them flee, it being just normal amnesia means I can compare to fictional amnesia, as its the same.

No, I said that there is a difference between just summoning fire and being able to manipulate it. For instance, Marnie summoning fire to light the wood under Eric/Bill or to create a ring around Sook is different from someone shooting out streams of fire from their fists, or Voldermort's fire snake magic. If she can only summon fire around Maryann, it won't be that threatening. So you agree using Maryann's showing against Sookie is moot since Niall is a lot more powerful.

We see the spell enacted and you have no evidence just speculation. The scene itself carries more weight than your unproven theories.

She can still summon fire and use it against her opponents. The fact Maryann isn't that aggressive does not bode well for her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.