KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Maryann Forrester vs. Marnie Stonebrook

Maryann Forrester vs. Marnie Stonebrook
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Maryann Forrester vs. Marnie Stonebrook

True Blood villainous battle. Who wins ?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 05:18 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

With or without Antonia, Marine gets crushed. No doubt about it.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 01:44 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BloodRain
With or without Antonia, Marine gets crushed. No doubt about it.
You think she gets crushed with Antonia ? Really ?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 03:05 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Definitely. Without necromancy what did she really have? She could create fog to hide, teleport, somehow create a sun barrier and summon fire. The only danger being the fire, something she only summons around the target.

Marnie has her impressive physical stats and her own powers.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 03:20 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Definitely. Without necromancy what did she really have? She could create fog to hide, teleport, somehow create a sun barrier and summon fire. The only danger being the fire, something she only summons around the target.

Marnie has her impressive physical stats and her own powers.
Telekinesis. She could make someone forget who they were or make their skin rot. She had very impressive powers. I am not saying she wins only that it isn't a stomp. Maryann would probably enjoy being attacked as whacked out as she was.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 03:22 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

When did she do that? Yeah, via her control over the undead.

Don't have to call it a stomp. As it stands the best power against Maryann is the ring of fire, how effective that would be is a different matter. Maryann can slash, poison and dance to defeat Marnie

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 03:37 PM
quanchi112
Disney

When did she do that? Yeah, via her control over the undead.

Don't have to call it a stomp. As it stands the best power against Maryann is the ring of fire, how effective that would be is a different matter. Maryann can slash, poison and dance to defeat Marnie
I see no reason why those powers only work against vampires other than the mind control.

Maryann was a beast due to her invulnerability. She also could casually deflect bullets and control people.

Marnie is impressive with Antonia. She was a very capable witch.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 02:50 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

When a necromancer uses a spell on the undead and on no one else, its a fair assumption that its a part of that necromancy.

Marnie was really impressive with Antonia, but that's because of the necro owning the verses strongest beings. Without that her abilities fall short to Maryann's, as does her physical self.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 11:50 AM
quanchi112
Disney

When a necromancer uses a spell on the undead and on no one else, its a fair assumption that its a part of that necromancy.

Marnie was really impressive with Antonia, but that's because of the necro owning the verses strongest beings. Without that her abilities fall short to Maryann's, as does her physical self.
I see some of those spells working on anyone. I just see the necromancy giving her the power to control them given the time to chant out the spell/gesture.

I don't agree. She has ranged attacks. Maryann in character won't be as aggressive and will probably get a thrill out of it.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 02:45 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Nothing else has been shown to work on humans, and are things that would have been extremely useful. The mind control done on Eric is like the other ways she controls the undead.

Yeah, summoning fire. And I don't see normal fight as something above bullets or Fae blasts.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 02:54 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Nothing else has been shown to work on humans, and are things that would have been extremely useful. The mind control done on Eric is like the other ways she controls the undead.

Yeah, summoning fire. And I don't see normal fight as something above bullets or Fae blasts.
She used the humans though to increase her energy during the chants. It might have to be done willingly.

Tk, summoning fire, altering the environment, and I still see other spells such as decay or amnesia being effective.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 03:00 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Thats because witches gain power in the chants like that, like when Holly did so.

I don't recall TK. The amnesia would be the same as what she as control over, /especially/ the decay. I cannot see fog and being surrounded by fire as ways she will win. On the other hand it would take a single scratch for Maryann to kill Marnie.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 03:21 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Thats because witches gain power in the chants like that, like when Holly did so.

I don't recall TK. The amnesia would be the same as what she as control over, /especially/ the decay. I cannot see fog and being surrounded by fire as ways she will win. On the other hand it would take a single scratch for Maryann to kill Marnie.
iirc she uses tk on a knife or something. I think she killed a person. I could verify on my HBO go app later tonight.

It is her ranged game versus Maryann's physicality toxin carrying claws.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 03:25 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Oh yeah, when she offed the cute girl (sadface). Still such a low level of TK really doesn't have many practical uses. I mean if it was like Bill's the advantage would be hers.

Correction, its Witch range vs Maenad toxic claws and survivability. This boils down to whether the fire would down Maryann or not. If not, theres little that would stop her barring an unknown spell.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 04:15 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Oh yeah, when she offed the cute girl (sadface). Still such a low level of TK really doesn't have many practical uses. I mean if it was like Bill's the advantage would be hers.

Correction, its Witch range vs Maenad toxic claws and survivability. This boils down to whether the fire would down Maryann or not. If not, theres little that would stop her barring an unknown spell.
She can use it though to affect objects which gives her another added advantage to her ranged game.

I still say the spells such as the memory loss would work.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2013 03:25 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Yes, but only small, handheld objects. Whats she going to do, throw knife at her? The woman has the speed and able-resistance to smack away bullets, so little that'll do. Then we look how she could likely take the knife without bother. There is little to nothing here limited TK could do here.

And we would still need to see her affect people with some sort of spells to deviate from what is or isn't branched from necromancy.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2013 01:57 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Yes, but only small, handheld objects. Whats she going to do, throw knife at her? The woman has the speed and able-resistance to smack away bullets, so little that'll do. Then we look how she could likely take the knife without bother. There is little to nothing here limited TK could do here.

And we would still need to see her affect people with some sort of spells to deviate from what is or isn't branched from necromancy.
Just saying she has he ability is all. I did not say a knife will seriously harm or kill her.

Memory Erasing
Description: Used by Marnie to erase Eric's memory while being possessed by the spirit of Antonia.
Requirements: Powerful witch

Spell: "Iam tibi impero et praecipio maligne spiritus! ut confestit allata et circulo discedas absque omni strepito, terrore, clamore et foetore, asque sine omni damno mei tam animae quam corporis!"

Translation: Now I command and charge you, O evil spirit! That you immediately depart from the circle, abstaining from all noise, terror, tumult, and stench, and if you refuse I will damn you both in body and soul.

I disagree. Only the spells used to control the vampires or decay them seem vampire specific.

You can disagree all you want.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2013 03:30 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

I can, as can you. Then we'll be left with two people disagreeing on a theory with nothing to back up either side, though using both for and against is in Maryann's favour;

-If I'm right, all Marinie would have is summoning fire and handheld level TK. Neither are enough to dance with Maryann.

-If you're right, Marnie has a move that will make Meryann forget who she is. Problem being that the amnesia makes her forget who she is, not what she is or her capabilities. Whether by thread rules or Marnie attacking, shed also get the incentive to fight back, just this time without her playful side. Actually this spell would make Maryann more of a threat

Old Post Aug 19th, 2013 12:21 PM
quanchi112
Disney

I can, as can you. Then we'll be left with two people disagreeing on a theory with nothing to back up either side, though using both for and against is in Maryann's favour;

-If I'm right, all Marinie would have is summoning fire and handheld level TK. Neither are enough to dance with Maryann.

-If you're right, Marnie has a move that will make Meryann forget who she is. Problem being that the amnesia makes her forget who she is, not what she is or her capabilities. Whether by thread rules or Marnie attacking, shed also get the incentive to fight back, just this time without her playful side. Actually this spell would make Maryann more of a threat
The website lists the spells vampire specific and this is not one of them. My logic is backed by the website as is logic. Erasing someone's memory does not mean to me hey whoever you hit with the spell only. Controlling vampires is due to necromancy and the decay since it affects their vampire biology.

When the spell hit Eric he changed entirely. He did not fight back but left. I see the same thing happening here.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2013 02:27 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

The website being the True Blood Wikia that is created and edited by fans with fan created spell names for the most part? It doesnt list what is or isnt vamp specific.

He knew he was a vampire, not hungry, not knowing where/who he is and surrounded by people. Sure he ran, why would Maryann? Eric does not attack for no reason, not even in that front he puts up. As long as she knows what she is, she'll act as Eric did when finding Sookie.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2013 06:22 PM