Niall Brigant vs. Maryann Forrester

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Well, what say you ?

BloodRain
Her powers wont work on him, as should she be resistant to his light. Sookie's may be weak compared to his, but she was still able to find joy in it compared to any normal person being hurt. Maenad and Faerie magic isn't going to be winning this one.

And outside of the magic its her impressive physical stats vs his teleporting. Eventually she'd win.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BloodRain
Her powers wont work on him, as should she be resistant to his light. Sookie's may be weak compared to his, but she was still able to find joy in it compared to any normal person being hurt. Maenad and Faerie magic isn't going to be winning this one.

And outside of the magic its her impressive physical stats vs his teleporting. Eventually she'd win. Why won't they work considering his power level is far greater than Sookie's. It is like saying if a baby can't punch or hurt a man then another man cannot.

You don't know she is completely unaffected by a stronger Fae's magic.

BloodRain
Except the scale isn't that large, or at least not yet shown. Sookie < Elder < Niall, that we know. Sookie could only knock a person around, Elder could knock a person far and into a tree, Niall could do that and snap a leg-thick branch. He /is/ stronger, but this is a woman who smacked away a bullet and enjoyed taking in Sookie's blast.

Not enough to say she'd be unaffected, just as there's not enough to say that she'd be harmed to a notable extent. If his blasts hurt her it wont be by much.

quanchi112
Except the scale isn't that large, or at least not yet shown. Sookie < Elder < Niall, that we know. Sookie could only knock a person around, Elder could knock a person far and into a tree, Niall could do that and snap a leg-thick branch. He /is/ stronger, but this is a woman who smacked away a bullet and enjoyed taking in Sookie's blast.

Not enough to say she'd be unaffected, just as there's not enough to say that she'd be harmed to a notable extent. If his blasts hurt her it wont be by much. Fae and magic and a bullet are different entirely. Bullets while far better at piercing the skin don't count those it hits all the time.

Niall could blast her and blast her again. He could weather her down and if you now believe it will effect her then his superior reflexes and ranged game come into play possibly being the difference here.

BloodRain
Its not a literal comparison. It shows she is capable of being bullet proof if so desired, making her crazy above a humans defence. A human can survive Sookie's blast and KOd but still fine after the Elders. Maryann becoming bulletproof when she could already tank Sookie means she'd definitely be able to tank the Elders if she wanted. That doesn't bode well for Niall.

Oh it'd affect her, but its the degree which is important. The less it does the more he'd need to keep unloading onto her, meaning the more time, meaning the chances of her simply touching him increases. (And her reflexes are actually superior, bullet feat and all)

Edit: 'ang on a sec. Wasnt she absorbing the Sookie's attack(full of feelings), just like how she was feeding off the energy of peoples emotions? O.o

quanchi112
Its not a literal comparison. It shows she is capable of being bullet proof if so desired, making her crazy above a humans defence. A human can survive Sookie's blast and KOd but still fine after the Elders. Maryann becoming bulletproof when she could already tank Sookie means she'd definitely be able to tank the Elders if she wanted. That doesn't bode well for Niall.

Oh it'd affect her, but its the degree which is important. The less it does the more he'd need to keep unloading onto her, meaning the more time, meaning the chances of her simply touching him increases. (And her reflexes are actually superior, bullet feat and all)

Edit: 'ang on a sec. Wasnt she absorbing the Sookie's attack(full of feelings), just like how she was feeding off the energy of peoples emotions? O.o You cannot just assume that it would have no effect.

Her reflexes are really good but for the most part she doesn't really even take her would be attackers seriously. She also is not that fast in pursuit especially compared to Niall who has superior reflexes to Nora speed.

That is actually a good point but I just don't see her as being able to shrug off the attacks just because shrugged off Sookie's.

BloodRain
Yes, I can. Humans can survive attacks from Sookie to the Elder, and Maryann would take human-surviving Fae attacks without making herself bulletproof. The question here comes down to which difference is greater; The power difference between the Elder and Niall or the difference between human skin and bulletproof skin. Niall matching the bulletproof difference would mean his attacks would do to her what the lower Fae would, meaning he'd have to match and surpass that difference to damage her. Far more than even that if the absorbing theory is true.

As nothing she's faced can kill her, think that mentality would stay the same if faced with a threat? No she doesn't have vamp movement speed, but with reactions above the likes of Nora she'd be able to react to Niall's teleporting and such.

quanchi112
Yes, I can. Humans can survive attacks from Sookie to the Elder, and Maryann would take human-surviving Fae attacks without making herself bulletproof. The question here comes down to which difference is greater; The power difference between the Elder and Niall or the difference between human skin and bulletproof skin. Niall matching the bulletproof difference would mean his attacks would do to her what the lower Fae would, meaning he'd have to match and surpass that difference to damage her. Far more than even that if the absorbing theory is true.

As nothing she's faced can kill her, think that mentality would stay the same if faced with a threat? No she doesn't have vamp movement speed, but with reactions above the likes of Nora she'd be able to react to Niall's teleporting and such. So you think humans can survived 1,000 of blasts or continued attacks of them ? Thats pretty funny if you do.

How does she have reactions above Nora ? The bullet feats ? Seriously ? Niall easily owning her and being in front of her despite her blur speed shows he can react. Also, you know she won't try to dodge the blasts more than likely. It depends on how long you think it would take her to get to Niall. I think his reflexes and teleportation more than likely make things rather difficult.

BloodRain
I said a single attack as a way to compare the blasts to Maryann. Comparing human resistance to hers and Fae power to Niall's, we can gauge how effective his blasts would be. Bulletproof skin seems to come out on top.

Eric has the only bullet feat that he didn't seem fully comfortable with, also has been shot so if he has supersonic reactions its borderline and above his movement speed. Maryann blocking one that casually says her reactions are above Eric's. Eric's reactions and speed are both above Nora, half his age, and who was struck with a blast. Basically Niall managed to teleport in-front of a blasted sub-sonic vampire VS Maryann swatting away a bullet. No she wouldn't evade when thinking shes untouchable, but if something started to put that to the test I'm positive she would act on that.

Not sure how long it would take. What I do know is that Maryann can react to Niall, should in all likeliness take his blasts and only needs a single touch to win.

quanchi112
I said a single attack as a way to compare the blasts to Maryann. Comparing human resistance to hers and Fae power to Niall's, we can gauge how effective his blasts would be. Bulletproof skin seems to come out on top.

Eric has the only bullet feat that he didn't seem fully comfortable with, also has been shot so if he has supersonic reactions its borderline and above his movement speed. Maryann blocking one that casually says her reactions are above Eric's. Eric's reactions and speed are both above Nora, half his age, and who was struck with a blast. Basically Niall managed to teleport in-front of a blasted sub-sonic vampire VS Maryann swatting away a bullet. No she wouldn't evade when thinking shes untouchable, but if something started to put that to the test I'm positive she would act on that.

Not sure how long it would take. What I do know is that Maryann can react to Niall, should in all likeliness take his blasts and only needs a single touch to win. Different effects though. Fae magic does not seem to pierce the human body. It does ko despite a bullet not being able to ko Jessica or even damage her in the slightest.

You have no grasp of fiction. You can't have drama with bluet dodging feats every episode. We see the perception is there in someone over 1,000 years. We know Russell is stronger and faster.

Niall let her run and she was using her speed. Niall showed the reactions and perception to catch her and own her. He did so quite easily. We factor this in on top of the fact she usually doesn't even care to be attacked and we can only come to one conclusion. Niall due his reflexes and capabilities will be attacking her often.

I have not even said who I believe won here.

One swipe would more than likely injure him but to oneshot him I have my doubts. Just depends on whether or not that happens.

BloodRain
Different, but still something to note down. Because if the same blast would be less affective if striking your kevlar vest than your bare chest.

Never said they needed to, call it a balance of portrayal and consistency. In cases something happens only once as seems to be thrown out several times, I call it a possibility or baseline. Not throwing it out, just not saying this feat would be the easiest thing, especially given the scene itself. And anyhow I.. wait.. Russell? I did not mention Russell O.o

Yes she was running, but the fact is Nora is 350 when 1,000 is needed for bullet timing. Teleporting to match sub-sonic speed doest mean he could do that to someone who as reacted to faster. He would get off more hits if he only plays the range game, though with her durability that doesn't mean she'd go down. Is that in-character? One scratch wouldn't one-shot by itself (unless it was a deep wound, in which case he's bleed out), but the poison would take him out.

quanchi112
Different, but still something to note down. Because if the same blast would be less affective if striking your kevlar vest than your bare chest.

Never said they needed to, call it a balance of portrayal and consistency. In cases something happens only once as seems to be thrown out several times, I call it a possibility or baseline. Not throwing it out, just not saying this feat would be the easiest thing, especially given the scene itself. And anyhow I.. wait.. Russell? I did not mention Russell O.o

Yes she was running, but the fact is Nora is 350 when 1,000 is needed for bullet timing. Teleporting to match sub-sonic speed doest mean he could do that to someone who as reacted to faster. He would get off more hits if he only plays the range game, though with her durability that doesn't mean she'd go down. Is that in-character? One scratch wouldn't one-shot by itself (unless it was a deep wound, in which case he's bleed out), but the poison would take him out. Yeah, Russell was a typo.

We do not know 1,000 is needed for bullet timing absolutely but the point is Nora's speed is still beyond human perception. Niall still easily located and owned her. She is slower than vampires though. We saw her chase down people and she is nowhere near as fast as a vampire. She might be able to deflect bullets but that doesn't mean Faerie magic have the same properties.

I still don't see that as finishing him off. He can teleport which is very fast so he can always create distance between the two. Niall also seemed pretty strong as he restrained Warlow.

BloodRain
As the youngest vamp to demonstrate anything close to bullet timing is almost 1,100 years old, we must assume that this is where it begins unless proven otherwise. Not as fast as Nora, though she did move faster than Bill could react. All this means is that he can teleport away from her successfully. It does because we can only say a Fae blast is two things; a concussive blast and light energy. The light energy only seems to feed her, so we're left with the concussive force to launch humans and snap branches. Things that a bulletproof hide would protect from, definitely as shes able to take a lower blast without any protection.

Why not? The poison paralyzes humans right away and starts killing them, on vampires it causes pain and again starts killing them. If the poison gets into his system, something dangerous will happen. Niall dose seem to have some strength to him, did the same thing to Nora. Maenad's are also superhumans.

The only way Niall could win is if he throws some strong blasts without her protecting herself. Otherwise a stalemate or Maryann winning both have much, much higher chances. I'd say 1:4:5/10

quanchi112
As the youngest vamp to demonstrate anything close to bullet timing is almost 1,100 years old, we must assume that this is where it begins unless proven otherwise. Not as fast as Nora, though she did move faster than Bill could react. All this means is that he can teleport away from her successfully. It does because we can only say a Fae blast is two things; a concussive blast and light energy. The light energy only seems to feed her, so we're left with the concussive force to launch humans and snap branches. Things that a bulletproof hide would protect from, definitely as shes able to take a lower blast without any protection.

Why not? The poison paralyzes humans right away and starts killing them, on vampires it causes pain and again starts killing them. If the poison gets into his system, something dangerous will happen. Niall dose seem to have some strength to him, did the same thing to Nora. Maenad's are also superhumans.

The only way Niall could win is if he throws some strong blasts without her protecting herself. Otherwise a stalemate or Maryann winning both have much, much higher chances. I'd say 1:4:5/10 You don't have to assume anything. You can but don't you dare make my assumptions for me.

We see Niall shows the skill and reflexes to tag her and then teleport her despite her vampire speed.

The weak Faerie blast from Sookie did but not the far more powerful Niall blast.

One shot won't necessarily him kill or in time to win the thread before he can beat her.

I have not made up my mind yet.

BloodRain
Not for you, that assumption is for everyone. If A is stompingly above B, you cannot associate things A barely manages to do with what B can do, not when B shows they cannot do so.

And how much stronger is his blast to say it will do the damage? And yeah, if he's poisoned that's it. She has the durability to last, and that's even if his blasts were doing something.

quanchi112
Not for you, that assumption is for everyone. If A is stompingly above B, you cannot associate things A barely manages to do with what B can do, not when B shows they cannot do so.

And how much stronger is his blast to say it will do the damage? And yeah, if he's poisoned that's it. She has the durability to last, and that's even if his blasts were doing something. You also cannot assume a much stronger attack would have the same effect as a much weaker one.

I can see him as bfring her to another dimension. If he beats her before the poison kills her he wins.

BloodRain
No one has assumed that, just has nothing defines his power besides throwing bodies and snapping that branch, neither being above what bulletproof skin can deal with. Especially when she's shown to enjoy the blasts

Its just he is so far lacking that power to harm her in any notable way

quanchi112
No one has assumed that, just has nothing defines his power besides throwing bodies and snapping that branch, neither being above what bulletproof skin can deal with. Especially when she's shown to enjoy the blasts

Its just he is so far lacking that power to harm her in any notable way Both attacks consist of different properties.

Sookie is nowhere near as powerful as a full Fae let alone Niall, the Elder Faerie, or Warlow.

BloodRain
Yes, one is stronger than the other. She tanked one without trying to resist it. The other would need to be shown as so much more powerful to being suggesting.

quanchi112
Yes, one is stronger than the other. She tanked one without trying to resist it. The other would need to be shown as so much more powerful to being suggesting. Are you saying Sookie's magic is as powerful as the Elder Faeries or Niall's ?

BloodRain
...literally the first line Quan. "one is stronger than the other"

As said unless you can tell me how mush stronger his are, all we have is a stronger blast than something an unprotected Maryann could tank

quanchi112
...literally the first line Quan. "one is stronger than the other"

As said unless you can tell me how mush stronger his are, all we have is a stronger blast than something an unprotected Maryann could tank A lot stronger.

Rarely can you quantify this sort of thing.

Why can't he bfr her ?

BloodRain
Main issue for Niall number 1.

What we know is that the knockback force is greater, as is the overall damage. We also know that besides tanking Sook's blast, she can also make herself tougher, enough to deflect bullets. So while Niall's blasts may be a lot stronger, Maryann's defence can become a lot stronger too. Already added to that tanking she did.

If it came down to that, probably. If it works, that is.

quanchi112
Main issue for Niall number 1.

What we know is that the knockback force is greater, as is the overall damage. We also know that besides tanking Sook's blast, she can also make herself tougher, enough to deflect bullets. So while Niall's blasts may be a lot stronger, Maryann's defence can become a lot stronger too. Already added to that tanking she did.

If it came down to that, probably. If it works, that is. Fae magic is not the same as bullets. One is magic and one is not. While bullets do more piercing damage they don't always ko which seems to happen with the more highly powered Faeries.

Why wouldn't that work ?

BloodRain
Who said Fae magic is bullets? Being bulletproof doesn't mean "can only survive bullets". Think of a tough animal hide and how much more resilient it is than human skin, just bump that resistance to bulletproof and you have Maryann. To keep with the animal theme, take a Fae blast that can only KO humans and fire that at an elephant or rhino. Really think it would knock them out too? And they arent even as tough as Maryann can be.

Because that same attack struck Jason and only threw him away.

quanchi112
Who said Fae magic is bullets? Being bulletproof doesn't mean "can only survive bullets". Think of a tough animal hide and how much more resilient it is than human skin, just bump that resistance to bulletproof and you have Maryann. To keep with the animal theme, take a Fae blast that can only KO humans and fire that at an elephant or rhino. Really think it would knock them out too? And they arent even as tough as Maryann can be.

Because that same attack struck Jason and only threw him away. Bullets don't have the ability to ko at the rate in which the Fae blasts by certain individuals do. Magic is different than physical attacks. That's why I make a clear distinction between the two. Just because Superman is more resistant to bullets that doesn't mean he is resistant to magical blasts.

Yes, but it hit his gf as well. The other time it hit him directly he was ko'd.

Pretty consistent when it hits someone.

BloodRain
They just have the force to penetrate the human body.. fatal wise, bullets are worse. again this isnt about the bullet itself but her skin being able to flick one away. Thats crazy levels above human durability, and humans can already survive hits from the Elder. If a human can survive the Elders blast, Maryann who is normally above humans would take that blast. The next thing up from the Elders blasts is Niall's, as is being bulletproof a step up in durability.

Didnt when it hit Jason.

quanchi112
They just have the force to penetrate the human body.. fatal wise, bullets are worse. again this isnt about the bullet itself but her skin being able to flick one away. Thats crazy levels above human durability, and humans can already survive hits from the Elder. If a human can survive the Elders blast, Maryann who is normally above humans would take that blast. The next thing up from the Elders blasts is Niall's, as is being bulletproof a step up in durability.

Didnt when it hit Jason. ko wise and to vampires they are far less effective. Blasts ko while bullets do not.

It isn't about death it is about being ko'd. That is a win. Continued exposure would be more damage. No, things don't

When it hit Jason it ko'd him. Elder ko'd him.

BloodRain
Yeah bullets just kill them, probably not as dangerous as being knocked out.. Once again youre focusing more on the means the Maryann herself;
Sookie < Elder < Niall
Sookie < Maryann < bulletproof Maryann

If humans can even survive Elder's blasts, Maryann will fair a lot better even without making herself tougher.

Didn't BFR though.

quanchi112
Yeah bullets just kill them, probably not as dangerous as being knocked out.. Once again youre focusing more on the means the Maryann herself;
Sookie < Elder < Niall
Sookie < Maryann < bulletproof Maryann

If humans can even survive Elder's blasts, Maryann will fair a lot better even without making herself tougher.

Didn't BFR though. Bullets do not kill vampires unless they are wooden and aimed at that heart.

Being bulletproof is just a physical durability not a magical one.

Humans can survive but are ko'd. I never said they would kill Maryann just ko her. Also just because a blast ko's a person doesn't mean they wouldn't kill if they kept firing them at the person.

Claudine bfr'd and the Elder tried to bfr Russell she just missed him.

BloodRain
...why do you think I've been saying "Fae are as dangerous as humans with silver bullets"?

Yes and lets look at that magical durability. The magic has only shown three things: 1) That the natural light in it is anti-vamp. 2) It can add as a magic amp or disrupt some spells. 3) Maenad's seem to take pleasure in its magic. There is no reason to assume that, unlike the others, that this trait would reverse with a stronger Fae.

And if her durability is that much greater than a humans, why would it knock her out?

Missed and the blast failed to bfr Jason, yes.

quanchi112
...why do you think I've been saying "Fae are as dangerous as humans with silver bullets"?

Yes and lets look at that magical durability. The magic has only shown three things: 1) That the natural light in it is anti-vamp. 2) It can add as a magic amp or disrupt some spells. 3) Maenad's seem to take pleasure in its magic. There is no reason to assume that, unlike the others, that this trait would reverse with a stronger Fae.

And if her durability is that much greater than a humans, why would it knock her out?

Missed and the blast failed to bfr Jason, yes. So you agree the Fae with that kind of firepower we haven't seen against vampires. Good.

Light kos people as well. Not just anti vampire. That's silly. Sookie is far less powerful than a normal Fae even. Using her as some indicator while in other threads sticking to the vampire of age's power is hypocritical.

A vampire's is and it kos them as well.

Due to him being human. Claudine bfr'd Warlow. Magic was recited as to banish a vampire not a human. Pay attention to the words.

BloodRain
I agree that only 2 Fae are more dangerous that humans with silver bullets against vamps.

Yes, its the light.. I'm sure its not the concussive force strong enough to launch a human body across a room no expression Humans are only knocked out by Elder + Maryann being able to take more than a human = she will fair better. And if you're really calling me a hypocirte than it only shows that you've failed to grasp what I've been basically repeating for a page now.

Cool, the the light that is anti-vamp knocks out vampires...

Lol when has anyone else ever needed a "magical recital" in order to do this? You can't make up feats.

quanchi112
I agree that only 2 Fae are more dangerous that humans with silver bullets against vamps.

Yes, its the light.. I'm sure its not the concussive force strong enough to launch a human body across a room no expression Humans are only knocked out by Elder + Maryann being able to take more than a human = she will fair better. And if you're really calling me a hypocirte than it only shows that you've failed to grasp what I've been basically repeating for a page now.

Cool, the the light that is anti-vamp knocks out vampires...

Lol when has anyone else ever needed a "magical recital" in order to do this? You can't make up feats. What ? We see Queen Mab and her forces destroy bodies altogether. That's ignoring that showing as well.

We see Faerie bombs destroy bodies altogether. So you agree the force matters. The same force we see knock Newlin a few hundred feet in the air. You say it is just the light while ignoring the force behind the same blast. Hypocritical indeed.

Knocks out people and launches them all the same.

What feats have I made up ?

BloodRain
And with the same reactions as humans, the chances of landing a fatal hit are the same.

Lolwat? Force was my only topic.. you were the one that brought up the magical essence and said it mattered :P

Cool, still anti-vamp hitting a vamp. Not comparable.

Suggesting that the BFR didnt work because for some reason Elders words mentioned vampires, even though it has never even hinted at that saying words does this to Fae attacks.

quanchi112
And with the same reactions as humans, the chances of landing a fatal hit are the same.

Lolwat? Force was my only topic.. you were the one that brought up the magical essence and said it mattered :P

Cool, still anti-vamp hitting a vamp. Not comparable.

Suggesting that the BFR didnt work because for some reason Elders words mentioned vampires, even though it has never even hinted at that saying words does this to Fae attacks. She hit someone far above bullet time reactions. That shows they can hit the vampires.

Ko'd human and vampire the same. You can't say it only kos vampires or is vampire specific. No proof at all.

Prove it since we have seen the exact same effects by the same attack on a vampire and a human.

We have seen another Fae bfr with a blast. The reason this did not work is her magical incantation was used to bfr a vampire. It was plainly stated.

BloodRain
So thats a no, she has never displayed the reactions to tag vampire speed. We all know vamps can be 'caught off guard' when being shot :P

Shes far more durable that humans and unlike vamps enjoys the light. Oh look, resistance.

Light by itself harms Vamps, not humans.

Lol okay, so we're just making up incantation requirements, even when its shown that that is not needed.

quanchi112
So thats a no, she has never displayed the reactions to tag vampire speed. We all know vamps can be 'caught off guard' when being shot :P

Shes far more durable that humans and unlike vamps enjoys the light. Oh look, resistance.

Light by itself harms Vamps, not humans.

Lol okay, so we're just making up incantation requirements, even when its shown that that is not needed. Warlow was still tagged thus proving any Fae her level and all can tag them.

Elder tagged vampire speed as well

You have no proven strength of the blast does not matter. I say it does.

It kos in the same fashion. The vamp was ko'd just like Jason. That's all.

Well Claudine bfr'd a vampire so we know it is possible with a blast which is the main point.

BloodRain
The exact opposite thing you say about Eric being shot and tagged by slower things. Interesting..

Lol she 'tagged' a 1 year old vampire.

I'm glad that you've proven the blasts strength matters
"Magic is different than physical attacks. That's why I make a clear distinction between the two. Just because Superman is more resistant to bullets that doesn't mean he is resistant to magical blasts."
"Being bulletproof is just a physical durability not a magical one."
:T

Vamps can't stand the light for being vamps, point?

And now you're back tracking on the 'needs chanting' thing. Does it need a special password or not? Anyhow, the human was fine.

quanchi112
The exact opposite thing you say about Eric being shot and tagged by slower things. Interesting..

Lol she 'tagged' a 1 year old vampire.

I'm glad that you've proven the blasts strength matters
"Magic is different than physical attacks. That's why I make a clear distinction between the two. Just because Superman is more resistant to bullets that doesn't mean he is resistant to magical blasts."
"Being bulletproof is just a physical durability not a magical one."
:T

Vamps can't stand the light for being vamps, point?

And now you're back tracking on the 'needs chanting' thing. Does it need a special password or not? Anyhow, the human was fine. Warlow did not turn out to be impressive IMO. He was tagged and beaten by far less than Godric or Russell Edgington. Warlow can dodge and can be tagged. Russell is clever in combat unlike Warlow.

1 year old vampire still has blurry speeds far beyond humans.

That is correct but degree of power of a magical attack is also important. That's the thing just because one weak blast failed to hurt her does not mean a much more powerful blast would do so.

BloodRain
The opposite being..; saying that shes fast because she tagged a vampire that wasnt moving, while saying that Eric getting hit by bullets and slow doesnt count.

And still the slowest possible vampire. I mean, great for having fast reactions. Just not on the level of vamps older than Steve,

That alone has never been the argument.

quanchi112
The opposite being..; saying that shes fast because she tagged a vampire that wasnt moving, while saying that Eric getting hit by bullets and slow doesnt count.

And still the slowest possible vampire. I mean, great for having fast reactions. Just not on the level of vamps older than Steve,

That alone has never been the argument. I am saying she can tag vampires with better perception than Eric. I am not saying she never missed but that Fae can tag vampires and that Fae can miss vampires.

Everything counts. I don't debate in absolutes like you featmongers do.

That is what it boils down to.

BloodRain
Yes, Fae can tag vampires, just like all those times humans can tag vampires no expression It does not give reaction/speed to their names.

Do you read what you write? I'm telling you that her reactions only cover the slowest possible vampire, and you want to act like she can react to faster vamps?

No, it isnt. You believe that either his blasts would damage her or do just enough damage that he can rack up hits over time, but cannot say for sure without getting an idea of how much more powerful his blasts are to the Elders. The best way is to compare what they've done. There is a large gap between Sookie's and Elder's power, and the difference between their power is that Elder's knocks bodies further back. Similar is the damage, with Sook knocking out humans and vamps most of the time and Elder just KOing them. With the sheer fact that Maryann is more durable than humans where she is able to tank Sook's blast with glee, the argument can easily be made that she'd be able to do something similar with the Elder's based on both the force and damage difference between their blasts. Even if the difference between them is the same of Elder and Niall, that still means the gap isn't massive. If the argument can me made for Elder, the argument can be made that Niall's attacks wouldn't be all that effective. This would lead on to your "just keep on firing and wearing her down" argument, but this gets countered by Maryann being able to make herself even more durable.

quanchi112
Yes, Fae can tag vampires, just like all those times humans can tag vampires no expression It does not give reaction/speed to their names.

Do you read what you write? I'm telling you that her reactions only cover the slowest possible vampire, and you want to act like she can react to faster vamps?

No, it isnt. You believe that either his blasts would damage her or do just enough damage that he can rack up hits over time, but cannot say for sure without getting an idea of how much more powerful his blasts are to the Elders. The best way is to compare what they've done. There is a large gap between Sookie's and Elder's power, and the difference between their power is that Elder's knocks bodies further back. Similar is the damage, with Sook knocking out humans and vamps most of the time and Elder just KOing them. With the sheer fact that Maryann is more durable than humans where she is able to tank Sook's blast with glee, the argument can easily be made that she'd be able to do something similar with the Elder's based on both the force and damage difference between their blasts. Even if the difference between them is the same of Elder and Niall, that still means the gap isn't massive. If the argument can me made for Elder, the argument can be made that Niall's attacks wouldn't be all that effective. This would lead on to your "just keep on firing and wearing her down" argument, but this gets countered by Maryann being able to make herself even more durable. Tagging a 5,500 one with her blast does carry weight. She is not as good as the Elder or Niall yet still pulled it off.

I am saying their abilities have hit the oldest vampire/Faerie in the show. We see it isn't that easy and have seen the Elder and Niall both react to their blitz speed.

Maryann doesn't have that much experience with Faeries since she was not even aware of what Sookie was when this was happening. I disagree and think Niall weathers her down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.