KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Niall Brigant vs. Maryann Forrester

Niall Brigant vs. Maryann Forrester
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Niall Brigant vs. Maryann Forrester

Well, what say you ?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 05:40 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Her powers wont work on him, as should she be resistant to his light. Sookie's may be weak compared to his, but she was still able to find joy in it compared to any normal person being hurt. Maenad and Faerie magic isn't going to be winning this one.

And outside of the magic its her impressive physical stats vs his teleporting. Eventually she'd win.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 11:49 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BloodRain
Her powers wont work on him, as should she be resistant to his light. Sookie's may be weak compared to his, but she was still able to find joy in it compared to any normal person being hurt. Maenad and Faerie magic isn't going to be winning this one.

And outside of the magic its her impressive physical stats vs his teleporting. Eventually she'd win.
Why won't they work considering his power level is far greater than Sookie's. It is like saying if a baby can't punch or hurt a man then another man cannot.

You don't know she is completely unaffected by a stronger Fae's magic.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 02:57 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Except the scale isn't that large, or at least not yet shown. Sookie < Elder < Niall, that we know. Sookie could only knock a person around, Elder could knock a person far and into a tree, Niall could do that and snap a leg-thick branch. He /is/ stronger, but this is a woman who smacked away a bullet and enjoyed taking in Sookie's blast.

Not enough to say she'd be unaffected, just as there's not enough to say that she'd be harmed to a notable extent. If his blasts hurt her it wont be by much.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 03:15 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Except the scale isn't that large, or at least not yet shown. Sookie < Elder < Niall, that we know. Sookie could only knock a person around, Elder could knock a person far and into a tree, Niall could do that and snap a leg-thick branch. He /is/ stronger, but this is a woman who smacked away a bullet and enjoyed taking in Sookie's blast.

Not enough to say she'd be unaffected, just as there's not enough to say that she'd be harmed to a notable extent. If his blasts hurt her it wont be by much.
Fae and magic and a bullet are different entirely. Bullets while far better at piercing the skin don't count those it hits all the time.

Niall could blast her and blast her again. He could weather her down and if you now believe it will effect her then his superior reflexes and ranged game come into play possibly being the difference here.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 03:18 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Its not a literal comparison. It shows she is capable of being bullet proof if so desired, making her crazy above a humans defence. A human can survive Sookie's blast and KOd but still fine after the Elders. Maryann becoming bulletproof when she could already tank Sookie means she'd definitely be able to tank the Elders if she wanted. That doesn't bode well for Niall.

Oh it'd affect her, but its the degree which is important. The less it does the more he'd need to keep unloading onto her, meaning the more time, meaning the chances of her simply touching him increases. (And her reflexes are actually superior, bullet feat and all)

Edit: 'ang on a sec. Wasnt she absorbing the Sookie's attack(full of feelings), just like how she was feeding off the energy of peoples emotions? O.o

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 03:53 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Its not a literal comparison. It shows she is capable of being bullet proof if so desired, making her crazy above a humans defence. A human can survive Sookie's blast and KOd but still fine after the Elders. Maryann becoming bulletproof when she could already tank Sookie means she'd definitely be able to tank the Elders if she wanted. That doesn't bode well for Niall.

Oh it'd affect her, but its the degree which is important. The less it does the more he'd need to keep unloading onto her, meaning the more time, meaning the chances of her simply touching him increases. (And her reflexes are actually superior, bullet feat and all)

Edit: 'ang on a sec. Wasnt she absorbing the Sookie's attack(full of feelings), just like how she was feeding off the energy of peoples emotions? O.o
You cannot just assume that it would have no effect.

Her reflexes are really good but for the most part she doesn't really even take her would be attackers seriously. She also is not that fast in pursuit especially compared to Niall who has superior reflexes to Nora speed.

That is actually a good point but I just don't see her as being able to shrug off the attacks just because shrugged off Sookie's.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2013 03:21 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Yes, I can. Humans can survive attacks from Sookie to the Elder, and Maryann would take human-surviving Fae attacks without making herself bulletproof. The question here comes down to which difference is greater; The power difference between the Elder and Niall or the difference between human skin and bulletproof skin. Niall matching the bulletproof difference would mean his attacks would do to her what the lower Fae would, meaning he'd have to match and surpass that difference to damage her. Far more than even that if the absorbing theory is true.

As nothing she's faced can kill her, think that mentality would stay the same if faced with a threat? No she doesn't have vamp movement speed, but with reactions above the likes of Nora she'd be able to react to Niall's teleporting and such.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2013 02:01 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Yes, I can. Humans can survive attacks from Sookie to the Elder, and Maryann would take human-surviving Fae attacks without making herself bulletproof. The question here comes down to which difference is greater; The power difference between the Elder and Niall or the difference between human skin and bulletproof skin. Niall matching the bulletproof difference would mean his attacks would do to her what the lower Fae would, meaning he'd have to match and surpass that difference to damage her. Far more than even that if the absorbing theory is true.

As nothing she's faced can kill her, think that mentality would stay the same if faced with a threat? No she doesn't have vamp movement speed, but with reactions above the likes of Nora she'd be able to react to Niall's teleporting and such.
So you think humans can survived 1,000 of blasts or continued attacks of them ? Thats pretty funny if you do.

How does she have reactions above Nora ? The bullet feats ? Seriously ? Niall easily owning her and being in front of her despite her blur speed shows he can react. Also, you know she won't try to dodge the blasts more than likely. It depends on how long you think it would take her to get to Niall. I think his reflexes and teleportation more than likely make things rather difficult.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2013 03:37 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

I said a single attack as a way to compare the blasts to Maryann. Comparing human resistance to hers and Fae power to Niall's, we can gauge how effective his blasts would be. Bulletproof skin seems to come out on top.

Eric has the only bullet feat that he didn't seem fully comfortable with, also has been shot so if he has supersonic reactions its borderline and above his movement speed. Maryann blocking one that casually says her reactions are above Eric's. Eric's reactions and speed are both above Nora, half his age, and who was struck with a blast. Basically Niall managed to teleport in-front of a blasted sub-sonic vampire VS Maryann swatting away a bullet. No she wouldn't evade when thinking shes untouchable, but if something started to put that to the test I'm positive she would act on that.

Not sure how long it would take. What I do know is that Maryann can react to Niall, should in all likeliness take his blasts and only needs a single touch to win.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2013 12:23 PM
quanchi112
Disney

I said a single attack as a way to compare the blasts to Maryann. Comparing human resistance to hers and Fae power to Niall's, we can gauge how effective his blasts would be. Bulletproof skin seems to come out on top.

Eric has the only bullet feat that he didn't seem fully comfortable with, also has been shot so if he has supersonic reactions its borderline and above his movement speed. Maryann blocking one that casually says her reactions are above Eric's. Eric's reactions and speed are both above Nora, half his age, and who was struck with a blast. Basically Niall managed to teleport in-front of a blasted sub-sonic vampire VS Maryann swatting away a bullet. No she wouldn't evade when thinking shes untouchable, but if something started to put that to the test I'm positive she would act on that.

Not sure how long it would take. What I do know is that Maryann can react to Niall, should in all likeliness take his blasts and only needs a single touch to win.
Different effects though. Fae magic does not seem to pierce the human body. It does ko despite a bullet not being able to ko Jessica or even damage her in the slightest.

You have no grasp of fiction. You can't have drama with bluet dodging feats every episode. We see the perception is there in someone over 1,000 years. We know Russell is stronger and faster.

Niall let her run and she was using her speed. Niall showed the reactions and perception to catch her and own her. He did so quite easily. We factor this in on top of the fact she usually doesn't even care to be attacked and we can only come to one conclusion. Niall due his reflexes and capabilities will be attacking her often.

I have not even said who I believe won here.

One swipe would more than likely injure him but to oneshot him I have my doubts. Just depends on whether or not that happens.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2013 02:36 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Different, but still something to note down. Because if the same blast would be less affective if striking your kevlar vest than your bare chest.

Never said they needed to, call it a balance of portrayal and consistency. In cases something happens only once as seems to be thrown out several times, I call it a possibility or baseline. Not throwing it out, just not saying this feat would be the easiest thing, especially given the scene itself. And anyhow I.. wait.. Russell? I did not mention Russell O.o

Yes she was running, but the fact is Nora is 350 when 1,000 is needed for bullet timing. Teleporting to match sub-sonic speed doest mean he could do that to someone who as reacted to faster. He would get off more hits if he only plays the range game, though with her durability that doesn't mean she'd go down. Is that in-character? One scratch wouldn't one-shot by itself (unless it was a deep wound, in which case he's bleed out), but the poison would take him out.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2013 06:24 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Different, but still something to note down. Because if the same blast would be less affective if striking your kevlar vest than your bare chest.

Never said they needed to, call it a balance of portrayal and consistency. In cases something happens only once as seems to be thrown out several times, I call it a possibility or baseline. Not throwing it out, just not saying this feat would be the easiest thing, especially given the scene itself. And anyhow I.. wait.. Russell? I did not mention Russell O.o

Yes she was running, but the fact is Nora is 350 when 1,000 is needed for bullet timing. Teleporting to match sub-sonic speed doest mean he could do that to someone who as reacted to faster. He would get off more hits if he only plays the range game, though with her durability that doesn't mean she'd go down. Is that in-character? One scratch wouldn't one-shot by itself (unless it was a deep wound, in which case he's bleed out), but the poison would take him out.
Yeah, Russell was a typo.

We do not know 1,000 is needed for bullet timing absolutely but the point is Nora's speed is still beyond human perception. Niall still easily located and owned her. She is slower than vampires though. We saw her chase down people and she is nowhere near as fast as a vampire. She might be able to deflect bullets but that doesn't mean Faerie magic have the same properties.

I still don't see that as finishing him off. He can teleport which is very fast so he can always create distance between the two. Niall also seemed pretty strong as he restrained Warlow.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 05:00 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

As the youngest vamp to demonstrate anything close to bullet timing is almost 1,100 years old, we must assume that this is where it begins unless proven otherwise. Not as fast as Nora, though she did move faster than Bill could react. All this means is that he can teleport away from her successfully. It does because we can only say a Fae blast is two things; a concussive blast and light energy. The light energy only seems to feed her, so we're left with the concussive force to launch humans and snap branches. Things that a bulletproof hide would protect from, definitely as shes able to take a lower blast without any protection.

Why not? The poison paralyzes humans right away and starts killing them, on vampires it causes pain and again starts killing them. If the poison gets into his system, something dangerous will happen. Niall dose seem to have some strength to him, did the same thing to Nora. Maenad's are also superhumans.

The only way Niall could win is if he throws some strong blasts without her protecting herself. Otherwise a stalemate or Maryann winning both have much, much higher chances. I'd say 1:4:5/10

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 02:07 PM
quanchi112
Disney

As the youngest vamp to demonstrate anything close to bullet timing is almost 1,100 years old, we must assume that this is where it begins unless proven otherwise. Not as fast as Nora, though she did move faster than Bill could react. All this means is that he can teleport away from her successfully. It does because we can only say a Fae blast is two things; a concussive blast and light energy. The light energy only seems to feed her, so we're left with the concussive force to launch humans and snap branches. Things that a bulletproof hide would protect from, definitely as shes able to take a lower blast without any protection.

Why not? The poison paralyzes humans right away and starts killing them, on vampires it causes pain and again starts killing them. If the poison gets into his system, something dangerous will happen. Niall dose seem to have some strength to him, did the same thing to Nora. Maenad's are also superhumans.

The only way Niall could win is if he throws some strong blasts without her protecting herself. Otherwise a stalemate or Maryann winning both have much, much higher chances. I'd say 1:4:5/10
You don't have to assume anything. You can but don't you dare make my assumptions for me.

We see Niall shows the skill and reflexes to tag her and then teleport her despite her vampire speed.

The weak Faerie blast from Sookie did but not the far more powerful Niall blast.

One shot won't necessarily him kill or in time to win the thread before he can beat her.

I have not made up my mind yet.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:11 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Not for you, that assumption is for everyone. If A is stompingly above B, you cannot associate things A barely manages to do with what B can do, not when B shows they cannot do so.

And how much stronger is his blast to say it will do the damage? And yeah, if he's poisoned that's it. She has the durability to last, and that's even if his blasts were doing something.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:17 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Not for you, that assumption is for everyone. If A is stompingly above B, you cannot associate things A barely manages to do with what B can do, not when B shows they cannot do so.

And how much stronger is his blast to say it will do the damage? And yeah, if he's poisoned that's it. She has the durability to last, and that's even if his blasts were doing something.
You also cannot assume a much stronger attack would have the same effect as a much weaker one.

I can see him as bfring her to another dimension. If he beats her before the poison kills her he wins.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:29 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

No one has assumed that, just has nothing defines his power besides throwing bodies and snapping that branch, neither being above what bulletproof skin can deal with. Especially when she's shown to enjoy the blasts

Its just he is so far lacking that power to harm her in any notable way

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:50 AM
quanchi112
Disney

No one has assumed that, just has nothing defines his power besides throwing bodies and snapping that branch, neither being above what bulletproof skin can deal with. Especially when she's shown to enjoy the blasts

Its just he is so far lacking that power to harm her in any notable way
Both attacks consist of different properties.

Sookie is nowhere near as powerful as a full Fae let alone Niall, the Elder Faerie, or Warlow.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:05 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Yes, one is stronger than the other. She tanked one without trying to resist it. The other would need to be shown as so much more powerful to being suggesting.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:18 AM