Thor, Hulk and Silver Surfer Vs The Justice League

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No prep..

Thor
Hulk
Silver Surfer

Vs

The Justice League

Superman
G.L Hal
Wonder Woman
Manhunter
Flash (Barry)
Aquaman

Tony Stark
Team 1

pym-ftw
Team 2 spite really

Cogito
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Team 2 spite really

LeonBuco666
If its current hulk are you allowing him to go WB?

Supermex
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
If its current hulk are you allowing him to go WB?

Everyone here is Current

DarkSaint85
Question:

Would current Hulk be able to go WB? I ask the opinion of the forum, because in my view, current Hulk would not be angry enough to get to that level.

pym-ftw
Not really unless he has,

A.),an incredibly long and frustrating fight.

Or

B.) Someone who can amp his anger.

ClayWorm
Too obvious, JL for the win.

Odekahn
Dc stomps in spite fashion. You've given them twice the firepower. I don't see how this is fair to the Marvel guys.

Brockalizer
If they're fighting in character then Team 1 should win. Several of the JLA's most powerful members are more likely to be holding back at the very beginning of the fight. They don't go all out balls to the wall and speed blitz at full strength unless they know that they are up against someone who can take it. The OP said no prep, so basically it comes down to whether J'onn can probe and alert the rest of the League before Surfer's cosmic awareness kicks in and tells him every League member's power and weakness. I don't believe that he can.

abhilegend
You are telling me JLA acts in character and surfer does something he hasn't done once in his 50 year publishing history? Hypocrisy much?

Lord Feron
JLA stomp them.. . your not even giving the 3 guys any special stips.

Supermex
If there's one guy that can take Manhunter, G.L, Flash and Aquaman
by himself at this level, it be Sufer..

I'm not saying he will win for sure, but he I think has the best chance than any..

This is without going above Surfer or Thor's Tier level..

Odekahn
Originally posted by Supermex
If there's one guy that can take Manhunter, G.L, Flash and Aquaman
by himself at this level, it be Sufer..

I'm not saying he will win for sure, but he I think has the best chance than any..

This is without going above Surfer or Thor's Tier level..

Are you reading DC these days????????!

Supermex
Originally posted by Odekahn
Are you reading DC these days????????!

I put the question out there, didn't say I was right..

guy222
Marvel

JBL
Originally posted by abhilegend
You are telling me JLA acts in character and surfer does something he hasn't done once in his 50 year publishing history? Hypocrisy much? Stop setting yourself up abhil. Remember how you claim a certain character can do this or that and when asked for proof you cannot provide it because " he " has NEVER done it in his 60+ years of publishing history? I told you i would teach you how not to eat both feet at the same time. Team one can win.

LeonBuco666
Hulk can go WB instantly? Can he not?

Supra
DC wins..spite

Supermex

I believe he can currently

pym-ftw
Theoretically, but it would require driving him mad with anger.

Zack Fair
LOL@Anyone thinking marvel wins

Also Hulk won't be going WB anytime soon.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Zack Fair
LOL@Anyone thinking marvel wins

Also Hulk won't be going WB anytime soon.

Sooner then you might think. I caught Avengers Assemble in the morning.

Hulk actually started going World Breaker and was just outright way stronger then all the Avengers including Thor. Worst part however was Attuma beating up Thor and -regular- Hulk. That just made me sick. sick

I'll PM Carver the link. Seeing World Breaker Hulk appearing on screen and stomping everyone should be like an early Christmas.

Warlord
spite thread is spite

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
Team one can win.

How does Team one win?

Odekahn
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
How does Team one win?

They don't, lol.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Hulk actually started going World Breaker and was just outright way stronger then all the Avengers including Thor. Worst part however was Attuma beating up Thor and -regular- Hulk. That just made me sick. sick

I'll PM Carver the link. Seeing World Breaker Hulk appearing on screen and stomping everyone should be like an early Christmas.

This doesn't make any got darn sense. Marvel is loving Hulk right now.

Thanks Rage.

By the way, team 1 can win.

Zack Fair

I'll PM Carver the link. Seeing World Breaker Hulk appearing on screen and stomping everyone should be like an early Christmas. Really? So all this talk about HOTM Hulk always holding back and only letting loose like that because of the specific conditions is ignored now.

LoL Marvel.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by carver9
By the way, team 1 can win.

How do they win?

* Waits for Carver to piggyback someone else's scenario* cool

carver9
How do they win?

* Waits for Carver to piggyback someone else's scenario* cool

Hulk being physically more powerful than anyone on the opposing team.

Thor being more powerful than anyone on the opposing team.

Thor and Surfer being more powerful and versatile than anyone on the opposing team.

Team 2 can literally get their wig split. Hulk fts as of late poops on Helspont, even Darkseid fts physically who has...

janus77
Team Hulk wins. This is spite if Hulk goes WBH.

Zack Fair
ROFL

ODG
This doesn't make any got darn sense. Marvel is loving Hulk right now.

Thanks Rage.

By the way, team 1 can win. carver9's got a skip in his step:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6xe64bBsn1qf9cnp.gif Originally posted by Zack Fair
Really? So all this talk about HOTM Hulk always holding back and only letting loose like that because of the specific conditions is ignored now.

LoL Marvel. What specific conditions are you referencing? Hulk went Worldbreaker multiple times at the drop of a dime. HOTM is just a fully-unleashed Worldbreaker.

Golgo13
Team 2 spite really

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ODG
carver9's got a skip in his step:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6xe64bBsn1qf9cnp.gif What specific conditions are you referencing? Hulk went Worldbreaker multiple times at the drop of a dime. HOTM is just a fully-unleashed Worldbreaker. thats the version I always reference when discussing WB. The nuts to the wall collateral planet busting 1. I meant conditions like the wish he made where he was able to cut loose.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Skip to 18:00 for the real lawlz:
http://www.trilulilu.ro/video-evenimente/aa109

Guys, Carver can be a little extreme, but can we really blame him for being a bit over the top with shit like this bombarding him? If we were in his position, we'd probably be the same.

I mean seriously, watch that episode and tell me Hulkamania running wild on the Justice League is so unimaginable. laughing out loud

Brockalizer
You are telling me JLA acts in character and surfer does something he hasn't done once in his 50 year publishing history? Hypocrisy much? Have you ever read Silver Surfer? He has used his cosmic awareness to sense the abilities of others and their weaknesses for decades. He's sensed Gladiators weakness, drained energy from and then de-powered the Hulk, soaked and then used Firelord's own power against him, detected super powered aliens and their abilities, etc. As for the League, the heavy hitters, for example Superman, are more likely to start the fight with a quick HV blast than he is an all out full powered assault. That slight delay is more than enough time to do what needs to be done.

LordofBrooklyn
Hulk being physically more powerful than anyone on the opposing team.

Thor being more powerful than anyone on the opposing team.

Thor and Surfer being more powerful and versatile than anyone on the opposing team.

Team 2 can literally get their wig split. Hulk fts as of late poops on Helspont, even Darkseid fts physically who has...

The Hulk isn't outmuscling Superman at default strength. Given the disparity in speed in Superman's favor that is also problematic for Banner.

The Power Ring is more versatile than Mjolnir.

J'onn provides a myriad of attacks that can disable team one. Thor is the only one with debateable levels of psionic resistance.

The Speed Force is the wildcard and coupled with Diana's ferocity and weapons the JLA have the clear advantage.

Go get Carver Prime. You need back-up. cool

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by janus77
Team Hulk wins. This is spite if Hulk goes WBH.

Bring on your Worldbreaker.

Superman takes a Sundip and it is dirtnap time!

Brockalizer
Bring on your Worldbreaker.

Superman takes a Sundip and it is dirtnap time! Which would result in a forfeit due to his leaving the battlefield.

celeyhyga17
Wait...

Is this thread serious?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Wait...

Is this thread serious?

Ask, Carver.

JBL
How does Team one win? Plenty of ways. Surfer can take out most of the team while thor roast the others with his hammers powers. Go search what thor can do with his hammer. Then go look up what surfer can do with his power cosmic. Then theres hulk going WB. Thor can possibly go WM while still on the battlefield. No one on the DC team can match the power output and strength of team one.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
Plenty of ways. Surfer can take out most of the team while thor roast the others with his hammers powers. Go search what thor can do with his hammer. Then go look up what surfer can do with his power cosmic. Then theres hulk going WB. Thor can possibly go WM while still on the battlefield. No one on the DC team can match the power output and strength of team one.

The Power Ring is superior to Mjolnir in terms of versatility.

Superman, Martian Manhunter, and Wonder Woman have the advantage in speed. Superman s strong enough to take down any of the 3 before they get going.

None of the members of team one are completely invulnerable to psionic attack. Advantage, Martian Manhunter.

The Flash can strip all of them of their speed.

JBL

Superman, Martian Manhunter, and Wonder Woman have the advantage in speed. Superman s strong enough to take down any of the 3 before they get going.

None of the members of team one are completely invulnerable to psionic attack. Advantage, Martian Manhunter.

The Flash can strip all of them of their speed. Thor sends team 2 on a very long trip.

Surfer would rape superman.

Hulk as WB energy destroyed beings FAR stronger and tougher than ANY member of team 2.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
Thor sends team 2 on a very long trip.

Surfer would rape superman.

Hulk as WB energy destroyed beings FAR stronger and tougher than ANY member of team 2.

The Power ring prevents said trip.

J'onn mindrapes The Hulk and renders him a spectator.

The Surfer you speak of who is capable of doing this has never shown himself.

LordofBrooklyn
I don't think I'm giving Barry his due here either but I feel it would rely upon too much suppositon.

Bah!

Barry starts turning Thor and Hulk into spectators.

Viva la Speedforce!

Tony Stark
The Hulk isn't outmuscling Superman at default strength. Given the disparity in speed in Superman's favor that is also problematic for Banner.

The Power Ring is more versatile than Mjolnir.

J'onn provides a myriad of attacks that can disable team one. Thor is the only one with debateable levels of psionic resistance.

The Speed Force is the wildcard and coupled with Diana's ferocity and weapons the JLA have the clear advantage.

Go get Carver Prime. You need back-up. cool

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Golgo13
I don't think I'm giving Barry his due here either but I feel it would rely upon too much suppositon.

Bah!

Barry starts turning Thor and Hulk into spectators.

Viva la Speedforce!

BFR in the Speed Force. Barry is a beast.

JBL
The Power ring prevents said trip.

J'onn mindrapes The Hulk and renders him a spectator.

The Surfer you speak of who is capable of doing this has never shown himself. That ring is no match for thors hammer, surfer proved that already.

Been tried on hulk and failed many times.

He showed himself when he raped orion and was about to kill him ( crossover ) but its still marvel and DC comics where it happened in. Plus he also beat a Power ring which was accepted by Marvel and DC.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Tony Stark
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Aaah, the Marvelite with no might shows up.

Golgo13

The Flash can strip all of them of their speed.

thumb up People tend to sleep on the ring.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
That ring is no match for thors hammer, surfer proved that already.

Been tried on hulk and failed many times.

He showed himself when he raped orion and was about to kill him ( crossover ) but its still marvel and DC comics where it happened in. Plus he also beat a Power ring which was accepted by Marvel and DC.

You're right, the Power Ring is SUPERIOR to Mjolnir.

Non-canon sir.

The Hulk has been successfully mind-controlled. A psionic of J'onn's magnitude can certaintly pull it off.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Have you ever read Silver Surfer? He has used his cosmic awareness to sense the abilities of others and their weaknesses for decades. He's sensed Gladiators weakness, drained energy from and then de-powered the Hulk, soaked and then used Firelord's own power against him, detected super powered aliens and their abilities, etc. As for the League, the heavy hitters, for example Superman, are more likely to start the fight with a quick HV blast than he is an all out full powered assault. That slight delay is more than enough time to do what needs to be done.
I've read every surfer appearance ever. He has never done so in a fight. The gladiator scene is just him knowing the radiation weakness out of blue like hulk and skrulls did and there is no cosmic awareness involved, he has never sensed hulk's weaknesses etc. Suffice to say, he has never sensed enemy's powers and weaknesses while going in a fight. Surfer is one of the most pacifist characters out there, if league is pulling their punches he wouldn't be unleashing his best attacks either. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

JBL
You're right, the Power Ring is SUPERIOR to Mjolnir.

Non-canon sir.

The Hulk has been successfully mind-controlled. A psionic of J'onn's magnitude can certaintly pull it off. Surfer transmutes them to stone.

Thor drains their life from them or godblast the entire area.

Show J'onn mind-controlling someone on hulks or WBH level.

JBL
I've read every surfer appearance ever. He has never done so in a fight. The gladiator scene is just him knowing the radiation weakness out of blue like hulk and skrulls did and there is no cosmic awareness involved, he has never sensed hulk's weaknesses etc. Suffice to say, he has never sensed enemy's powers and weaknesses while going in a fight. Surfer is one of the most pacifist characters out there, if league is pulling their punches he wouldn't be unleashing his best attacks either. You can't have your cake and eat it too. WHAT??? Has superman fried your brain??

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
Surfer transmutes them to stone.

Thor drains their life from them or godblast the entire area.

Show J'onn mind-controlling someone on hulks or WBH level.

Power Ring blocks transmutation.

The Odinson can't godblast when he has been immobilized by the Flash.

Why wouldn't J'onn be able to mind-control the Hulk?

He successfully manipulated Despero into thinking he had killed the JLA.

Are you saying the Hulk has better psi-defense than Despero?

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
WHAT??? Has superman fried your brain??
CBR has fried yours it seems.

Branlor Swift
Are people really arguing for team 1?

These spite threads backfire spectacularly sometimes. And then everyone's brain takes a hit.

Also Hulk goes down first

Brockalizer
I've read every surfer appearance ever. He has never done so in a fight. The gladiator scene is just him knowing the radiation weakness out of blue like hulk and skrulls did and there is no cosmic awareness involved, he has never sensed hulk's weaknesses etc. Suffice to say, he has never sensed enemy's powers and weaknesses while going in a fight. Yes he has.

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/5489/cospowunlim199600411no5.jpg

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2937/theincrediblehulkv22503oj5.jpg

abhilegend
Yes he has.

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/5489/cospowunlim199600411no5.jpg

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2937/theincrediblehulkv22503oj5.jpg
In first he sensed some rigellians aboard a space-ship, nothing about sensing power and weaknesses of enemies in a fight.

In the second scene he is amped by several gamma bombs and is nothing to do with cosmic awareness.

Odekahn
Superman shoots Hulk with heatvision as hot as the surface of the sun, Hulk is burned and brittle but his healing factor starts to kick in. Then Superman uses freezing breath to freeze Hulk's molecules before they can repair themselves.

Hal Jordan drains Surfer of the power cosmic like he drained Volthoom.

Flash's infinite mass punch can take out Thor if someone like Taurus can do it.

Look, I'm not trying to lowball here. Any of these would be good fights and debatable 1v1s. But giving DC even more firepower here is ridiculous.

Supermex
Superman shoots Hulk with heatvision as hot as the surface of the sun, Hulk is burned and brittle but his healing factor starts to kick in. Then Superman uses freezing breath to freeze Hulk's molecules before they can repair themselves.

Look, I'm not trying to lowball here. Any of these would be good fights and debatable 1v1s. But giving DC even more firepower here is ridiculous.

Low-balling? You just did, useing 3 on 3 your saying they would beat Hulk, Surfer and Thor on there own..

Not saying your wrong, but you just explained that Superman, G.L and Flash would beat the 3 fairly easy..

Zack Fair
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/f/2012/261/d/b/this_thread_gave_me_cancer_by_piratesadventure-d5f6o9n.jpg

Odekahn
Low-balling? You just did, useing 3 on 3 your saying they would beat Hulk, Surfer and Thor on there own..

Not saying your wrong, but you just explained that Superman, G.L and Flash would beat the 3 fairly easy..

I mean I'm not trying to lowball for the sake of lowballing, I'm just trying to illustrate that these characters stand a chance 1v1. A good chance at that. Adding more into the mix tips the balance too far in favor of DC imo.

Brockalizer
In first he sensed some rigellians aboard a space-ship, nothing about sensing power and weaknesses of enemies in a fight.

In the second scene he is amped by several gamma bombs and is nothing to do with cosmic awareness.
In the first one he specifically refers to his cosmic senses and is able to sense that one of the Rigellians has a superpower, in that case telepathy.
In the second he doesn't directly refer to his cosmic awareness, but he does imply that he knows what the source of the Hulks power is and then proceeds to take it from him.

Look, I'm not trying to lowball here. Any of these would be good fights and debatable 1v1s. But giving DC even more firepower here is ridiculous. CIS hasn't been turned off and Flash doesn't just go around IMPing people.

carver9

laughing out loud at heat vision doing anything to HULK. Hulk has TANKED much more and Orion tanked Superman heat vision like nothing. Also lol at freeze breath.

Odekahn
laughing out loud at heat vision doing anything to HULK. Hulk has TANKED much more and Orion tanked Superman heat vision like nothing. Also lol at freeze breath.

Sure Hulk has tanked better. But are we only using high feats because he's been hurt by a lot worse too?

If we are using Hulk at his best Durability, lets use heat vision at its most potent.

Also, you can't just assume it was on full dial when it hit orion as Superman adjusts and uses various degrees of heat vision and freeze breath.

abhilegend
In the first one he specifically refers to his cosmic senses and is able to sense that one of the Rigellians has a superpower, in that case telepathy. No, he sensed some beings in which there was a telepathic rigellian. He wasn't sensing his power through his senses and certainly not his weaknesees. All rigellians are telepathic and surfer knowing it is no power detection feat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rigellians_(comics)
He has worked with hulk for a long time in Defenders, he knows what hulk's power source is. That's not applicable for normal surfer since he was amped.

Odekahn

CIS hasn't been turned off and Flash doesn't just go around IMPing people.

Oh, but Thor routinely Godblasts out of the gate, Surfer always transmutes his enemies into sandwiches for Galactus, and Hulks new book title should just be changed to World Breaker...

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Team 1

lol come on Tony even you have to suspend your bias sometimes. JLA wins handily here.

Batman-Prime
Spite, really, why isn't this closed even with WBH Team 1 would get their sh!t pushed in.

Brockalizer
Oh, but Thor routinely Godblasts out of the gate, Surfer always transmutes his enemies into sandwiches for Galactus, and Hulks new book title should just be changed to World Breaker... I never said that they did. My point is that CIS hasn't been turned off, so they are fighting in character. That being said, Silver Surfer is more likely to enter into a battle with an unknown opponent by taking advantage of his cosmic awareness and exploiting a weakness, than Flash or Superman are to start a fight under the same conditions with a full power speed blitz. Like I said earlier. Superman's HV has a much higher probability of being Superman's first attack, and even that is not going to be at full power, if they are fighting in character that is. Superman won't attack at full power, especially if that opponent hasn't already attacked him, unless he knows that the opponent can take it

No, he sensed some beings in which there was a telepathic rigellian. Now you're just splitting hairs. Cosmic senses and cosmic awareness are the same thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rigellians_(comics)
He has worked with hulk for a long time in Defenders, he knows what hulk's power source is. That's not applicable for normal surfer since he was amped.
The purpose of that scan wasn't to illustrate Surfer's cosmic awareness. The purpose was to illustrate that Surfer uses the knowledge he has acquired to exploit an adversaries weakness.

Odekahn
I never said that they did. My point is that CIS hasn't been turned off, so they are fighting in character. That being said, Silver Surfer is more likely to enter into a battle with an unknown opponent by taking advantage of his cosmic awareness and exploiting a weakness, than Flash or Superman are to start a fight under the same conditions with a full power speed blitz.

Ok, prove it.
Show me a handful of times that Surfer has done this at the beginning of the battle and I will be more apt to agree that it is in his character to do so.

carver9
Ok, prove it.
Show me a handful of times that Surfer has done this at the beginning of the battle and I will be more apt to agree that it is in his character to do so.

Lol at you asking for any proof of his post when in this same thread you made up a way Superman fights during combat when he has never done it on panel. Also, I will respond to your other post shortly.

Odekahn
Lol at you asking for any proof of his post when in this same thread you made up a way Superman fights during combat when he has never done it on panel. Also, I will respond to your other post shortly.

How is it funny? Because you think I'm being hypocritical? Put all the pieces of the conversation together and try again.

I did come up with ways DC could win, and AFTER that Brock started talking about CIS. So I want him to illustrate that Surfer with CIS on would still do as such. If its such a frequent event, there should be no problem coming up with a dozen or so scans spanned over the decades.

carver9
Sure Hulk has tanked better. But are we only using high feats because he's been hurt by a lot worse too?

If we are using Hulk at his best Durability, lets use heat vision at its most potent.

Also, you can't just assume it was on full dial when it hit orion as Superman adjusts and uses various degrees of heat vision and freeze breath.

Lol...that's the thing, I'm not talking about his high showings, I'm talking about his average. Heat vision isn't doing a THING to HULK just like it didn't stop top tier Orion.

Again, I'm not using Hulks durability at its best. Also, show me a scan of DCNU best heat vision ft.

Why wasn't it at full dial? Why would he hold back against someone that just got finished smiling at a blitz assault from him. When has it been confirmed that this cocky version of Superman holds back anyways. Provide a scan proving your case on all your claims.

carver9
How is it funny? Because you think I'm being hypocritical? Put all the pieces of the conversation together and try again.

I did come up with ways DC could win, and AFTER that Brock started talking about CIS. So I want him to illustrate that Surfer with CIS on would still do as such. If its such a frequent event, there should be no problem coming up with a dozen or so scans spanned over the decades.

Brock is debating like you though. You said Superman would heat vision the skin off of Hulk, Hulk would try to heal and Superman would ice breath him. When has Superman fought like this or done anything close to this, especially to a top tier.

Hulk has withstood Thor like power output; he withstood a prolong attack that could melt adamantium...armor that can generate any amount of pressure on his body...etc, etc, but you think heat vision is going to do something? Come on bro.

Odekahn
Lol...that's the thing, I'm not talking about his high showings, I'm talking about his average. Heat vision isn't doing a THING to HULK just like it didn't stop top tier Orion.

Again, I'm not using Hulks durability at its best. Also, show me a scan of DCNU best heat vision ft.

Why wasn't it at full dial? Why would he hold back against someone that just got finished smiling at a blitz assault from him. When has it been confirmed that this cocky version of Superman holds back anyways. Provide a scan proving your case on all your claims.

1. Please show me what is convincing you that regular Hulk can just shrug off a full powered blast of heatvision.

2. I'm on my iPhone and at work. Which means no scans.

3. Why wasnt it on full dial? Really? He's Superman. We spend half the thread talking about how he holds back in character, and you want to assume he's going all out only when it fits your position?

Odekahn
Brock is debating like you though. You said Superman would heat vision the skin off of Hulk, Hulk would try to heal and Superman would ice breath him. When has Superman fought like this or done anything close to this, especially to a top tier.

Hulk has withstood Thor like power output; he withstood a prolong attack that could melt adamantium...armor that can generate any amount of pressure on his body...etc, etc, but you think heat vision is going to do something? Come on bro.

Brock was debating like me AFTER lecturing me about CIS. How are you going to make a point and then not even follow it yourself? If you can't play by the rules, maybe you shouldnt be so quick to throw the book at other people. I know that's not what he was intentionally trying to do btw, I'm just saying.

Yes, I think heat vision is one of MANY tools that Superman has to win. I'm not saying Superman stomps the Hulk. I'm just saying that it would be a really good fight that could potentially go either way.

What I originally had a problem with, was all the other characters added in also. It's not fair to Marvel.

carver9
1. Please show me what is convincing you that regular Hulk can just shrug off a full powered blast of heatvision.

2. I'm on my iPhone and at work. Which means no scans.

3. Why wasnt it on full dial? Really? He's Superman. We spend half the thread talking about how he holds back in character, and you want to assume he's going all out only when it fits your position?

His recent showings unless you can show me something different convincinge he won't shrug it off (like Orion who fts pales in comparisiom to Hulks).

I provide scans all the time when I'm on my phone. I can wait though.

Show me so.egging proving this version of Superman holds back. Its a simple question. From what I have been seeing, he is cocky.

Brockalizer
Ok, prove it.
Show me a handful of times that Surfer has done this at the beginning of the battle and I will be more apt to agree that it is in his character to do so. Prove what, that Surfer doesn't enter into battle with his senses? That's like saying "show me proof that Surfer starts a battle with his eyes and ears open". Cosmic awareness isn't something that he can turn on or off. It's always on, unless some plot device has been introduced to disrupt it. If you want proof of what his cosmic awareness is capable of and has done in the past, then here you go.

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/1220/spidermanteamup0204jb9.jpg

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/7687/silversurfer0214dr7.jpg

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/6421/fantasticfour07611fe5.jpg

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/998/galactusthedevourer518no4.jpg

Odekahn
His recent showings unless you can show me something different convincinge he won't shrug it off (like Orion who fts pales in comparisiom to Hulks).

I provide scans all the time when I'm on my phone. I can wait though.

Show me so.egging proving this version of Superman holds back. Its a simple question. From what I have been seeing, he is cocky.

I don't do the digital comics thing, all mine are boxed and boarded. So unless I take a picture with my phone, then I don't have much luck. Also, like I said, I'm at work.

As far as Superman holding back, it's obvious. Otherwise, there would be a lot more deaths in the DCU lol. Just look at the first few issues of JL and his first physical encounter with the other heroes and you will see it him obviously holding back.

Odekahn
Prove what, that Surfer doesn't enter into battle with his senses? That's like saying "show me proof that Surfer starts a battle with his eyes and ears open". Cosmic awareness isn't something that he can turn on or off. It's always on, unless some plot device has been introduced to disrupt it. If you want proof of what his cosmic awareness is capable of and has done in the past, then here you go.

Surfer isn't Omniscient.

I want to see links proving that Surfer routinely comes into contact with a being, automatically knows its weakness, and uses it against the being right off the bat. You claimed that its not out of his character to do just that, right?

Odekahn
Prove what, that Surfer doesn't enter into battle with his senses? That's like saying "show me proof that Surfer starts a battle with his eyes and ears open". Cosmic awareness isn't something that he can turn on or off. It's always on, unless some plot device has been introduced to disrupt it. If you want proof of what his cosmic awareness is capable of and has done in the past, then here you go.

Ok, so 1 scan shows Surfer asking questions (shouldnt his cosmic awareness already tell him the answer?)

1 that doesn't work.

1 that that shows surfer detecting life in a universe (which Superman could easily do with super hearing and vision) that had nothing to do with combat.

And 1 that shows Surfer standing around talking to Gladiator. Its not in combat and doesn't even say how Surfer knows his weakness.

carver9
Brock was debating like me AFTER lecturing me about CIS. How are you going to make a point and then not even follow it yourself? If you can't play by the rules, maybe you shouldnt be so quick to throw the book at other people. I know that's not what he was intentionally trying to do btw, I'm just saying.

Yes, I think heat vision is one of MANY tools that Superman has to win. I'm not saying Superman stomps the Hulk. I'm just saying that it would be a really good fight that could potentially go either way.

What I originally had a problem with, was all the other characters added in also. It's not fair to Marvel.

If that's the case, then I apologize.

Lol...heat vision isn't working...along with ice breath. I think it would be a good fight but, not as an insult, I don't think you have been keeping up with Hulk.

carver9
I don't do the digital comics thing, all mine are boxed and boarded. So unless I take a picture with my phone, then I don't have much luck. Also, like I said, I'm at work.

As far as Superman holding back, it's obvious. Otherwise, there would be a lot more deaths in the DCU lol. Just look at the first few issues of JL and his first physical encounter with the other heroes and you will see it him obviously holding back.

Don't see a reason for Superman holding back against a powerful opponent. Thats why I am asking you for scans proving otherwise.

Brockalizer
Surfer isn't Omniscient.

I want to see links proving that Surfer routinely comes into contact with a being, automatically knows its weakness, and uses it against the being right off the bat. You claimed that its not out of his character to do just that, right? The Gladiator scan shows that. Surfer didn't say that he learned about or heard about Gladiators weakness from a third party, he said that he KNOWS what it is.

Ok, so 1 scan shows Surfer asking questions (shouldnt his cosmic awareness already tell him the answer?) The purpose of the scan was to show that Surfer's senses allow him to detect different lifeforms by their heartbeat, even when they are disguised.

1 that doesn't work. That is a scan of Galactus talking about Surfer's superior tracking ability. Where does that tracking ability come from? Unless there is proof somewhere that Norrin Radd was a superior tracker before becoming a herald it is only logical to assume that that tracking ability is due to his CA.

1 that that shows surfer detecting life in a universe (which Superman could easily do with super hearing and vision) that had nothing to do with combat. So what? Super hearing and super sight are only two senses. Surfer has displayed the ability to see the invisible, track particles of dust on the other side of the universe and detect energy signatures ANYWHERE in the universe.

ares834
JL wins in a stomp.

abhilegend

Now you're just splitting hairs. Cosmic senses and cosmic awareness are the same thing. They aren't. This only shows you haven't read much about surfer.

First, that was an amped surfer and it wasn't exploiting hulk's weakness. Surfer came to hulk to absorb his energy to get free of galactus' barrier. He didn't fight hulk and decided "oh, now I'm going to exploit hulk's weakness".

abhilegend
Prove what, that Surfer doesn't enter into battle with his senses? That's like saying "show me proof that Surfer starts a battle with his eyes and ears open". Surfer's cosmic senses=/=cosmic awareness. Surfer isn't genis. His cosmic awareness isn't always on otherwise he would go mad.

There is not a single scan here which uses "cosmic awareness" explicitly. And laughing out loud @ gladiator scan being used again, guess those skrulls in FF 250 and hulk have cosmic awareness too. Also a huge facepalm @ tracking ability being used as cosmic awareness. Do you even know what cosmic awareness is? This is even worse than your namor beats doomsday thread.

Odekahn
The Gladiator scan shows that. Surfer didn't say that he learned about or heard about Gladiators weakness from a third party, he said that he KNOWS what it is.

The purpose of the scan was to show that Surfer's senses allow him to detect different lifeforms by their heartbeat, even when they are disguised.

That is a scan of Galactus talking about Surfer's superior tracking ability. Where does that tracking ability come from? Unless there is proof somewhere that Norrin Radd was a superior tracker before becoming a herald it is only logical to assume that that tracking ability is due to his CA.

So what? Super hearing and super sight are only two senses. Surfer has displayed the ability to see the invisible, track particles of dust on the other side of the universe and detect energy signatures ANYWHERE in the universe.

I see a whole lot of wishful speculation and absolutely nothing that suggests its within Surfer's character to routinely begin a battle detecting and exploiting an opponents weakness to its fullest. I don't see a single representation of what you are claiming would happen to Superman. And you want to say Surfer is far more likely to do this than Superman is to speed blitz?

JBL
Surfer's cosmic senses=/=cosmic awareness. Surfer isn't genis. His cosmic awareness isn't always on otherwise he would go mad.

There is not a single scan here which uses "cosmic awareness" explicitly. And laughing out loud @ gladiator scan being used again, guess those skrulls in FF 250 and hulk have cosmic awareness too. Also a huge facepalm @ tracking ability being used as cosmic awareness. Do you even know what cosmic awareness is? This is even worse than your namor beats doomsday thread. Surfer DOES have cosmic awareness and has used it in comics, stop trying to create excuses for superman.... i mean the JLA roll eyes (sarcastic) to win. Any ability a foe has that would rape superman.. i mean the JLA roll eyes (sarcastic) , you try with all your might to discredit. Cosmic Awareness is one of surfers powers. Just because you fear it for supermans..... i mean the JLA roll eyes (sarcastic) sake, does not in any way, shape, form or fashion negate that ability of surfer. On that day you accept that superman, thats right.... superman is not the god you WANT him to be and that he can be rape stomped by PLENTY of characters, your credibility MIGHT return on this forum. But i fear that you are too far gone. I like you, i admire your devotion to superman, i like him to, but you go too far and dip into the pot of lies when it comes to superman. Return to the way you were when you first started reading about superman and TRULY learn the character, NOT what YOU want him to be, and you will be just fine and a hell of a debater. I say this out of respect for you because you seem like a good person.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Surfer DOES have cosmic awareness and has used it in comics, stop trying to create excuses for superman.... i mean the JLA roll eyes (sarcastic) to win. Any ability a foe has that would rape superman.. i mean the JLA roll eyes (sarcastic) , you try with all your might to discredit. Cosmic Awareness is one of surfers powers. Just because you fear it for supermans..... i mean the JLA roll eyes (sarcastic) sake, does not in any way, shape, form or fashion negate that ability of surfer. On that day you accept that superman, thats right.... superman is not the god you WANT him to be and that he can be rape stomped by PLENTY of characters, your credibility MIGHT return on this forum. But i fear that you are too far gone. I like you, i admire your devotion to superman, i like him to, but you go too far and dip into the pot of lies when it comes to superman. Return to the way you were when you first started reading about superman and TRULY learn the character, NOT what YOU want him to be, and you will be just fine and a hell of a debater. I say this out of respect for you because you seem like a good person.
Roll your eyes some more and they would fall out of your head. Nobody is saying surfer doesn't have cosmic awareness, he just doesn't uses it in the fights.

Also lulz @ this rant. This isn't CBR where you have to prove your allegiance by saying everybody from marvel stomps superman. Superman isn't unbeatable, there are plenty of beings who can beat him. Surfer isn't one of them though and neither is gladiator for much of your sorrow. Now weep.

JBL
Roll your eyes some more and they would fall out of your head. Nobody is saying surfer doesn't have cosmic awareness, he just doesn't uses it in the fights.

Also lulz @ this rant. This isn't CBR where you have to prove your allegiance by saying everybody from marvel stomps superman. Superman isn't unbeatable, there are plenty of beings who can beat him. Surfer isn't one of them though and neither is gladiator for much of your sorrow. Now weep. Such a waste. Surfer would stomp superman and so would gladiator, hyperion, Sentry, Supreme, WBH, Kurse, WWH, Black Adam, classic Nafaria, King Hyperion and a host of others. Tissue is not far away dude, use it.

carver9
Originally posted by JBL
Such a waste. Surfer would stomp superman and so would gladiator, hyperion, Sentry, Supreme, WBH, Kurse, WWH, Black Adam, classic Nafaria, King Hyperion and a host of others. Tissue is not far away dude, use it.

Da**

Supermex

Also lulz @ this rant. This isn't CBR where you have to prove your allegiance by saying everybody from marvel stomps superman. Superman isn't unbeatable, there are plenty of beings who can beat him. Surfer isn't one of them though and neither is gladiator for much of your sorrow. Now weep.

Give 5 that can beat Superman, in his own tier then?

Give me a list plz?

carver9
Give 5 that can beat Superman?

Give me a list plz?

Five Heralds....He would admit that NONE of them can beat him.

He will admit that a Skyfather would pull a majority though.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
Such a waste. Surfer would stomp superman and so would gladiator, hyperion, Sentry, Supreme, WBH, Kurse, WWH, Black Adam, classic Nafaria, King Hyperion and a host of others. Tissue is not far away dude, use it.

Superman> Silver Surfer
Superman> Gladiator
Superman> World War Hulk( The easiest of the bunch)
Superman> Black Adam
Superman> Count Nefaria( Superman isn't Thor and doesn't get put down)
Superman> Kurse

Sentry, Hyperion, King Hyperion( Huge question mark) and arguably Kurse.

The rest the S definitively wins.

Damborgson
In Marvel, Thor and Surfer are capable of majorities. That's about it though and it's interchangeable.

Supermex
I have been to a lot of diffrent forums and all of them favor Surfer as the one to beat over any super in his tier or below..

I'm just saying that in a broad sense, can so many people be so wrong and think of Surfer as pretender to the thrown and 2 guys here saying that he is not ad powerful as so many claim?

Almost every forum I been to has Surfer creaming Superman, yet I'm hearing here that its not true that Superman would win?

I'm just saying the opinions on them 2 are one-sided in favor of the Silver one..
Across the comic-fandom base

Supermex
Originally posted by Damborgson
In Marvel, Thor and Surfer are capable of majorities. That's about it though and it's interchangeable.

Totally agree with you..
But styles makes fights somtimes..
Thor has the style that can cause problems for SS..
SS has the style that causes problems for Superman..

LordofBrooklyn
I have been to a lot of diffrent forums and all of them favor Surfer as the one to beat over any super in his tier or below..

I'm just saying that in a broad sense, can so many people be so wrong and think of Surfer as pretender to the thrown and 2 guys here saying that he as powerful or his powers are weak are right?

Almost every forum I been to has Surfer creaming Superman, yet I'm hearing here that its not true that Superman would win?

I'm just saying the opinions on them to one-sided in favor of the Silver one..

Surfer's powerset allows him a level of versatility that is largely unparalleled. However, his depictions dictate that in character he wouldn't apply them effectively enough to defeat Superman quickly.

He certaintly has the ability to do so but Norrin's CIS is the block.

Odekahn

I'm just saying that in a broad sense, can so many people be so wrong and think of Surfer as pretender to the thrown and 2 guys here saying that he is not ad powerful as so many claim?

I'm just saying the opinions on them 2 are one-sided in favor of the Silver one..

How many people on each side doesn't matter. It's who makes the better case...

Supermex
How many people on each side doesn't matter. It's who makes the better case...

There all opinions
Just as any as you or I would make..

Odekahn
There all opinions
Just as any as you or I would make..

I don't base my opinions on the opinions of other people. I make up my own mind. So other people on other boards having a differing opinion doesn't matter. You were asking if all those other people could be wrong. Of course!

LordofBrooklyn
You were asking if all those other people could be wrong. Of course!

Right, like JBL for instance.

cool

TheGodKiller
Team 1 wins.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Team 1 wins a hellacious beatdown.

I concur.

carver9
In Marvel, Any version of Hulk minus Grey Hulk Thor and Surfer are capable of majorities. That's about it though and it's interchangeable.

Correction.

JBL
Right, like JBL for instance.

cool Like you are right. roll eyes (sarcastic) The superman wanking is great in you. Kurse a question mark at beating superman.lol That tells me you would vote superman over odin in the destroyers armor.LMAO. laughing

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Your wet dream isn't being used here. None of these peeps have what it takes to stomp superman.

Give 5 that can beat Superman, in his own tier then?

Give me a list plz?
In herald tier? Surfer can split with him and some energy beings like stardust and Photon could beat him on average and that's it. Superman is the top dog in the herald tier not because everybody can beat him. Five heralds beating him? He would be demoted to mid herald by then.

Golgo13
I concur.

wink

abhilegend
Nope. They can split on average and that's it.

Because most posters on internet haven't read surfer's comics and are solely going by respect threads.Originally posted by carver9
Correction.
Superman would take majority against any hulk save WBH.Originally posted by JBL
Like you are right. roll eyes (sarcastic) The superman wanking is great in you. Kurse a question mark at beating superman.lol That tells me you would vote superman over odin in the destroyers armor.LMAO. laughing
You're saying that phucking black adam "stomps" superman, hyperion stomps superman, count nefaria stomps superman and accusing others of wanking superman? Have you no shame at all?

JBL
Nope. They can split on average and that's it.

Because most posters on internet haven't read surfer's comics and are solely going by respect threads.
Superman would take majority against any hulk save WBH.
You're saying that phucking black adam "stomps" superman, hyperion stomps superman, count nefaria stomps superman and accusing others of wanking superman? Have you no shame at all? Abhil, you are the worst, most bias, scan twisting superman fan i have ever seen on any comic book site. You post scans and then lie about them and get caught by other posters. Even other hardcore superman fans laugh at your over bias attitude concerning superman. Now there are others here almost as bad and will vote superman without even knowing who the thread starter puts him up against. Thanos, kurse, midgard serpent, WBH, Odin, Zeus are all some of the foes that they say superman would beat. Now dont get me wrong, its funny as hell to watch them make monkeys of themselves, but sometimes you have to wonder if they are between the ages of 4 and 5. But as stated, laughter is the best medication of them all, and they provide plenty of it.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Abhil, you are the worst, most bias, scan twisting superman fan i have ever seen on any comic book site. You post scans and then lie about them and get caught by other posters. Even other hardcore superman fans laugh at your over bias attitude concerning superman. Now there are others here almost as bad and will vote superman without even knowing who the thread starter puts him up against. Thanos, kurse, midgard serpent, WBH, Odin, Zeus are all some of the foes that they say superman would beat. Now dont get me wrong, its funny as hell to watch them make monkeys of themselves, but sometimes you have to wonder if they are between the ages of 4 and 5. But as stated, laughter is the best medication of them all, and they provide plenty of it.
You repeating something over and over doesn't make something true. I post scans and let others decide what's the context. You come here only to bash superman and superman fans without any scans, feats or ANYTHING resembling a coherent, reasonable response other than "Wah, wah, *insert character* stomps superman and anybody who says otherwise is a biased fanboy". Its really pitiful. So now its odin, Zeus and some other random character who beat superman instead of hyperion, gladiator, silver surfer and others? Just tell me, is there ANYBODY superman can beat in your opinion? What level is he at? Thing level? Spiderman level? Street level?

Warlord
it must be pretty serious if it reached 6 pages.
What are we debating exactly now?

Mshinu
Originally posted by Warlord
it must be pretty serious if it reached 6 pages.
What are we debating exactly now?

We are debating if it is time for abhi to give up his superman blow-up doll.

Warlord
I don't see why, as long as the cape isn't torn up

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mshinu
We are debating if it is time for abhi to give up his superman blow-up doll.
You should give up your hulk and spidey ones.

Mshinu
You should give up your hulk and spidey ones.

I think you are confusing me with someone else, Hulkie Boy and Bugboy both suck pretty bad IMO. Even Superman could beat them if they did not have prep wink

A Spiderwoman doll now.. hmm (searches the web)

abhilegend
I think you are confusing me with someone else, Hulkie Boy and Bugboy both suck pretty bad IMO. Even Superman could beat them if they did not have prep wink

A Spiderwoman doll now.. hmm (searches the web)
Nah, your hate is what makes you beat up their dolls. Add aquaman too.

Mshinu
Nah, your hate is what makes you beat up their dolls. Add aquaman too.

rolling on floor laughing Thanks, now I have an image in my head of you playing with your toys and having supes beat up SENTRY and Hulk.

No one hates Aquaman, it would be like hating an insignificant mosquito that can`t draw blood. He is just useless, thats all.

JBL
You repeating something over and over doesn't make something true. I post scans and let others decide what's the context. You come here only to bash superman and superman fans without any scans, feats or ANYTHING resembling a coherent, reasonable response other than "Wah, wah, *insert character* stomps superman and anybody who says otherwise is a biased fanboy". Its really pitiful. So now its odin, Zeus and some other random character who beat superman instead of hyperion, gladiator, silver surfer and others? Just tell me, is there ANYBODY superman can beat in your opinion? What level is he at? Thing level? Spiderman level? Street level? There are plenty of characters superman can beat. Hes not DCs flagship for nothing, but when it comes to superman, you and a host of others think that he is the only character that can, blitz, freeze, strike multiple times without the foe reacting and every other excuse in the book to say supes win. There are a lot of other character with supermans powerset, but they cannot use that powerset to win because you and others try to limit those abilities to only superman. I should make a thread about superman vs superman and watch you and the other bias fans heads start spinning and smoke shooting from all of your ears as you all short circuit trying to come up with some lame way superman can win only to realize hes fighting himself and the other cannot lose in all of your minds either. What a sight that would be.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
There are plenty of characters superman can beat. Hes not DCs flagship for nothing, but when it comes to superman, you and a host of others think that he is the only character that can, blitz, freeze, strike multiple times without the foe reacting and every other excuse in the book to say supes win. There are a lot of other character with supermans powerset, but they cannot use that powerset to win because you and others try to limit those abilities to only superman. I should make a thread about superman vs superman and watch you and the other bias fans heads start spinning and smoke shooting from all of your ears as you all short circuit trying to come up with some lame way superman can win only to realize hes fighting himself and the other cannot lose in all of your minds either. What a sight that would be.
So name those characters superman can beat when even mid heralds like hyperion and gladiator "stomp" him in your opinion.

abhilegend
rolling on floor laughing Thanks, now I have an image in my head of you playing with your toys and having supes beat up SENTRY and Hulk.

No one hates Aquaman, it would be like hating an insignificant mosquito that can`t draw blood. He is just useless, thats all.
laughing out loud

Bentley
This thread is spite.

Can a moderator close it?

Warlord
no cause moderators are sadists who enjoy this kind of threads evil face

leonidas
Team 2 spite really

Zack Fair
its funny watching people show their bias.

JBL
So name those characters superman can beat when even mid heralds like hyperion and gladiator "stomp" him in your opinion. Mid heralds? See what i mean? Im done wasting my time with you and the others. How can i name characters i think superman can beat when you are going to try and place superman above anyone i name or start with that crap about " regular superman and non-holding back superman", which by the way has the same strength and abilities, but not in your mind backed by others with the same history as you. I should have known i was wasting my time when you and others stated that superman can match surfers power output and thors hammer output.

pym-ftw
A wise man once said...

Team 2 spite really

/Thread.

Close please

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
Like you are right. roll eyes (sarcastic) The superman wanking is great in you. Kurse a question mark at beating superman.lol That tells me you would vote superman over odin in the destroyers armor.LMAO. laughing

Kurse is a question mark because I'm not sure how he'd respond to star igniting heat vision.

And, no, Superman doesn't beat Odin in the destroyer armor.

SUPERMAN PRIME with Guardian amp does that! cool

Rage.Of.Olympus
Kurse is a question mark because I'm not sure how he'd respond to star igniting heat vision.

Laughter? Yeah, I'll go with laughter.

LordofBrooklyn
Laughter? Yeah, I'll go with laughter.

That is a good way to look at impending defeat!

celeyhyga17
Wow! This stomp thread reached 7 pages?

quanchi112
Team marvel wins.

carver9

This isn't a stomp if this is the reboot versions on Dc side.

comic_book_fan
team 1 easily.

Golgo13

Who stomps who?

Supermex
All here are current form

Tony Stark
Originally posted by comic_book_fan
team 1 easily.

thumb up

Golgo13
Team 2 spite really

thumb up

I can do that too. wink

quanchi112
Originally posted by Golgo13
thumb up

I can do that too. wink What makes you say so ?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Golgo13
Who stomps who?
Who do u think?

Golgo13
Who do u think?

I'm not sure. I don't think it's a stomp in anyone's favor, TBH. Team 1 can put up a fight, since it's DCnU. But the power sides with team 2.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Mid heralds? See what i mean? Im done wasting my time with you and the others. How can i name characters i think superman can beat when you are going to try and place superman above anyone i name or start with that crap about " regular superman and non-holding back superman", which by the way has the same strength and abilities, but not in your mind backed by others with the same history as you. I should have known i was wasting my time when you and others stated that superman can match surfers power output and thors hammer output.
So nobody really? Also I've posted direct scans portraying about how non-holding back superman is vastly stronger than holding back superman, since that's what the term means. Correction, he is above surfer in power output.

quanchi112
So nobody really? Also I've posted direct scans portraying about how non-holding back superman is vastly stronger than holding back superman, since that's what the term means. Correction, he is above surfer in power output. Prove it.

pym-ftw
Correction, he is above surfer in power output.
What? Unless you mean punching power idk what your talking about.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>