Original Dungeons and Dragons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Batman-Prime
Hey,
I was talking with some friends to try a rpg game. However, it's an eternity since i played a game and they are new to it or as good as new. We want simple rules, so i thought about the original D&D. I had once the red, blue and green box from the 80ties iirc. Can i download them somewhere legally?

Thank you for the help ^^.

Cheers

Luke

Ushgarak
Wizards of the Coast owns all of that in these days,. I doubt there is a free legal download as there is a habit these days of re-releasing old material (early editions of AD&D are on sale again, for example).

It must be said, in the modern day environment, even basic D&D would be considered of middling complexity rather than simple. There's a lot of mechanics involved.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Wizards of the Coast owns all of that in these days,. I doubt there is a free legal download as there is a habit these days of re-releasing old material (early editions of AD&D are on sale again, for example).

It must be said, in the modern day environment, even basic D&D would be considered of middling complexity rather than simple. There's a lot of mechanics involved.

A Pity. I am willing to pay for the games I download, even old ones.

That's true. But I miss those games where you could create a whole Party, instead of having pregenerated characters, as cool as Cloud, Suqall and co are.

hvagroupcc
great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robtard
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Hey,
I was talking with some friends to try a rpg game. However, it's an eternity since i played a game and they are new to it or as good as new. We want simple rules, so i thought about the original D&D. I had once the red, blue and green box from the 80ties iirc. Can i download them somewhere legally?

Thank you for the help ^^.

Cheers

Luke

Check eBay, you can find older editions of AD&D there. All you'd really need would be The Dungeon Masters Guide, Player's Handbook and the Monster Manual to get an AD&D game going. Dice and paper of course.

Just looked for you, here's the Dungeon Master's Guide for $10.00: http://www.ebay.com/itm/AD-D-Dungeon-Masters-Guide-first-edition-1ed-VGC-/310811806282?pt=Games_US&hash=item485dd3ca4a

D&D Basic rules for next to nothing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TSR-Dungeons-Dragons-Basic-Rules-book-1980-2014-/121224039358?pt=Games_US&hash=item1c39840bbe

JabberWaki
Nice thing is you can play Dd Online now, I may even give it a shot sometime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.