Original Dungeons and Dragons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Batman-Prime
Hey,
I was talking with some friends to try a rpg game. However, it's an eternity since i played a game and they are new to it or as good as new. We want simple rules, so i thought about the original D&D. I had once the red, blue and green box from the 80ties iirc. Can i download them somewhere legally?

Thank you for the help ^^.

Cheers

Luke

Ushgarak
Wizards of the Coast owns all of that in these days,. I doubt there is a free legal download as there is a habit these days of re-releasing old material (early editions of AD&D are on sale again, for example).

It must be said, in the modern day environment, even basic D&D would be considered of middling complexity rather than simple. There's a lot of mechanics involved.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Wizards of the Coast owns all of that in these days,. I doubt there is a free legal download as there is a habit these days of re-releasing old material (early editions of AD&D are on sale again, for example).

It must be said, in the modern day environment, even basic D&D would be considered of middling complexity rather than simple. There's a lot of mechanics involved.

A Pity. I am willing to pay for the games I download, even old ones.

That's true. But I miss those games where you could create a whole Party, instead of having pregenerated characters, as cool as Cloud, Suqall and co are.

hvagroupcc
great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robtard
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Hey,
I was talking with some friends to try a rpg game. However, it's an eternity since i played a game and they are new to it or as good as new. We want simple rules, so i thought about the original D&D. I had once the red, blue and green box from the 80ties iirc. Can i download them somewhere legally?

Thank you for the help ^^.

Cheers

Luke

Check eBay, you can find older editions of AD&D there. All you'd really need would be The Dungeon Masters Guide, Player's Handbook and the Monster Manual to get an AD&D game going. Dice and paper of course.

Just looked for you, here's the Dungeon Master's Guide for $10.00: http://www.ebay.com/itm/AD-D-Dungeon-Masters-Guide-first-edition-1ed-VGC-/310811806282?pt=Games_US&hash=item485dd3ca4a

D&D Basic rules for next to nothing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TSR-Dungeons-Dragons-Basic-Rules-book-1980-2014-/121224039358?pt=Games_US&hash=item1c39840bbe

JabberWaki
Nice thing is you can play Dd Online now, I may even give it a shot sometime

XLR87T3
Old d&d was incredibly convoluted and the opposite of "simple". Only thing truly simple was the races and classes.

5e, fifth edition, is possibly the simplest edition made yet, everything is streamlined

Superdad76
is there a DD place to play with people on this message board ?

Argon123
Originally posted by Superdad76
is there a DD place to play with people on this message board ? I'm not sure, I think this is the best for this website outside of making a general d&d discussion thread or asking a moderator

Tirgmirg
Nerds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.