Cin Drallig vs Jaden Korr

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Both fighters are at their peak.

1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-out

Setting is on a Republic Flagship. Nobody interferes.

Who takes this?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110203032205/starwars/images/3/33/Korr-Riptide.jpg

vs

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130210172302/starwars/images/4/42/Cin_Drallig_SWE.png

Q99
Recent stuff has been playing up Jaden as a big badass in the NJO.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Q99
Recent stuff has been playing up Jaden as a big badass in the NJO. Please tell me which recent stuff? I assume he still isn't more powerful than Kyle?

Q99
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Please tell me which recent stuff? I assume he still isn't more powerful than Kyle?

He was the main character in both Crosscurrent
and Riptide. And I wouldn't think so, but he is considered formidable.

Allankles
Korras a 14 year old pwned Katarn albeit with the sceptre's help. Cin Drallig was a match for Anakin and got beat quite deceptively, awesome fight to be sure, while it lasts.

Jaden by KO.

Allankles
Originally posted by Q99
Recent stuff has been playing up Jaden as a big badass in the NJO.

roll eyes (sarcastic) He was a galactic badass from year one - 14 ABY.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Allankles
roll eyes (sarcastic) He was a galactic badass from year one - 14 ABY.

But can he compete with Cin Drallig?...

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
yes.

Jmanghan
I don't know why, but I feel that Jaden is at Bastila Shan level...

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
no. He's far above her.

Allankles
He's quite a ways above Shan. The NJO era needs him to be.

Allankles
But can he compete with Cin Drallig?...

The guy was built to compete with anyone - that's his MO.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I wouldn't say "anyone". But he can certainly take Drallig.

Allankles
Well any Jedi/Sith, excluding force entities which are a different kettle of fish.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Top tier force users (like Luke/Sidious) would easily stomp Korr imo. even the likes of Darth Wyyrlok III and Exar Kun would solidly beat Korr.

Allankles
I doubt that any flesh and blood force user can "easily" beat him. He was able to fight the combined power of Ragnos + Tavion at 14, and as a 40+ year old was able to withstand the force crush of an ancient force entity.

So no, I don't see any humanoid force user having any kind of "easy" time with Korr. He's somewhere at Kyp level in the force, and he has Mara and Kyle's skill and tenacity in fights, I'd actually make him favorite against an aging Palps or Luke.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah. Ragnos was a weakened spirit possessing some featless Tavion. Korr literally has no feats putting him anywhere near the level of Luke and Sidious, or even the likes of Dooku.

Allankles
Ragnos was a spirit, he wasn't "weakened" anywhere - any sources that say he was weak? We already saw what a younger Exar Kun spirit did. Tavion was hardly featless with the scepter she was above Katarn and Korr - Vjun. And she had more power left over to empower normies to become force sensitive, not to mention empowering the whole Reborn faction. She had also siphoned dark side energy from several worlds.

Allankles
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah. Ragnos was a weakened spirit possessing some featless Tavion. Korr literally has no feats putting him anywhere near the level of Luke and Sidious, or even the likes of Dooku.

Luke and Sidious are hardly the be all end all, as far as force users go, they were kind of geeks. More bookish, less natural warriors.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
lmao that's because Kun drained the entire massassi race, which made him more powerful. lol Tavion has no combat feats, all her "power" is from the scepter, which did all those special things.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Luke and Sidious are hardly the be all end all, as far as force users go, they were kind of geeks. More bookish, less natural warriors.

I take it you don't know many of Sidious's or Luke's feats? If you do, how are they even comparable with Korr's? Their feats are substantially greater.

Allankles
I take it you don't know many of Sidious's or Luke's feats? If you do, how are they even comparable with Korr's? Their feats are substantially greater.

I don't really put much stalk in their feats, since they represent characters who monopolized the literature section of sw. If the writers had spread things out, we would already have realized that the skywalkers aren't even the best jedi in the order, nor were they supposed to be.

The NJO has yet to be portrayed in a light that is not overshadowed by Luke or his family. It's like all the stories we've got were mostly from their perspective. A more wholistic view of Jedi and the force would reveal that there are plenty of powerhouse force users.

Allankles
lmao that's because Kun drained the entire massassi race, which made him more powerful. lol Tavion has no combat feats, all her "power" is from the scepter, which did all those special things.

Tavion drained more than that so...

Her power from the sceptre is precisely why she was a threat. Without the sceptre she would have been just another Desann, except physically less imposing.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
But right now you're arguing against canon. We know that the Skywalkers are, overall, the most powerful family of force users ever, the most powerful of these being Luke. We can't speculate that the likes of Jaden and Katarn are even close to Luke in power, considering that Katarn got stomped in 9 seconds by Darth Caedus, and that Jaden hasn't really shown himself as superior to Kyle.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Tavion drained more than that so...

Her power from the sceptre is precisely why she was a threat. Without the sceptre she would have been just another Desann, except physically less imposing.

but the scepter's draining ability to drain planets is irrelevant, it's never been used in combat situations. The only way it's been used is to shoot blasts of energy, which Exar Kun could do with his bare hands, and Kun's was also more powerful.

Allankles
But right now you're arguing against canon. We know that the Skywalkers are, overall, the most powerful family of force users ever, the most powerful of these being Luke. We can't speculate that the likes of Jaden and Katarn are even close to Luke in power, considering that Katarn got stomped in 9 seconds by Darth Caedus, and that Jaden hasn't really shown himself as superior to Kyle.

Aah... Canon is precisely why I don't find the family impressive. Korr's level of power is good enough,he would have been even better trained due to dark forces being a more realistic down-to-earth zone in sw. The skywalkers have done nothing to meet Yoda's expectation of a "new jedi". They've acted just like the old jedi, and in their case, with less poise.

The unifying force is also flawed, destiny is self-fulfilled (the living force), not pre-determined/fated (unifying force). This is why I don't care for their malarky, and feel that if the kiddy gloves got taken off, the family would be left in the dust.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Aah... Canon is precisely why I don't find the family impressive. Korr's level of power is good enough,he would have been even better trained due to dark forces being a more realistic down-to-earth zone in sw. The skywalkers have done nothing to meet Yoda's expectation of a "new jedi". They've acted just like the old jedi, and in their case, with less poise.

The unifying force is also flawed, destiny is self-fulfilled (the living force), not pre-determined/fated (unifying force). This is why I don't care for their malarky, and feel that if the kiddy gloves got taken off, the family would be left in the dust.

Oh, i'm not saying I actually like the Skywalkers. I'm saying that despite me not caring for them, I can't disregard that they're the most powerful lineage of force users.

Allankles
but the scepter's draining ability to drain planets is irrelevant, it's never been used in combat situations. The only way it's been used is to shoot blasts of energy, which Exar Kun could do with his bare hands, and Kun's was also more powerful.

The scepters ability to drain can be used in combat too, but we were arguing how much power it had & it had the power of many more living beings than just the massassi.

Allankles
Oh, i'm not saying I actually like the Skywalkers. I'm saying that despite me not caring for them, I can't disregard that they're the most powerful lineage of force users.

There are families more powerful, the ones, Rakata, Sith hybrids, etc etc By comparison to most families, their dynasty is young, new.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The scepters ability to drain can be used in combat too, but we were arguing how much power it had & it had the power of many more living beings than just the massassi.

When has it been used in combat as an application of drain? That is true, but the planets Tavion was draining was being used to revive the Reborn/Marka Ragnos/imbue people with force sensitivity.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
There are families more powerful, the ones, Rakata, Sith hybrids, etc etc By comparison to most families, their dynasty is young, new.

The Ones: Gods

Rakata: lmao no. The only seemingly impressive Rakata was the Infernal One.

Sith hybrids: hell no. So the likes of Marka Ragnos>Luke? Caedus?

Allankles
I just said it 'could' not that it 'was'. The first part would be an obvious possibility, is what am saying. In combat it could be used to kill, which is what we need to know about its destructive capabilities.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It being able to drain in combat is speculation then? It can be used to kill, but in the hands of someone as unimpressive as Tavion, i'm not sure how Jaden beating her is some huge feat. Especially because, even though it's non-canon, if you choose the dark side ending, Jaden's barely equal with Katarn, and resorts to using the staff to defeat him.

Allankles
The Ones: Gods

Rakata: lmao no. The only seemingly impressive Rakata was the Infernal One.

Sith hybrids: hell no. So the likes of Marka Ragnos>Luke? Caedus?

Rakata because they actually built powerful artifacts and had force entities. Ragnos and the Sith hybrids, built powerful artifacts and could command feats of power and destruction far in excess of the typical jedi/sith.

Skywalkers are just the new kids on the block, they haven't done anything to put them on some untouchable pedestal, all their fame came from one guy, jedi phenom Anakin Skywalker.

Allankles
It being able to drain in combat is speculation then? It can be used to kill, but in the hands of someone as unimpressive as Tavion, i'm not sure how Jaden beating her is some huge feat. Especially because, even though it's non-canon, if you choose the dark side ending, Jaden's barely equal with Katarn, and resorts to using the staff to defeat him.

It's power was its ability to drain and use dark side force energy, meaning it was both powerful and versatile. Such a thing in the hands of a dark Jedi becomes way more dangerous, so dangerous it could conceivably make one unstoppable if one had drained enough power. The simple fact that it had power over life as well, tells u it was far above any rank and file artifact.

Him beating Katarn was an awesome feat if you consider he'd just beat Tavion before and would have been tired, and was also still just a Jedi youngin at 14. If he was peers with Katarn it might have looked less impressive.

Nephthys
Recall that the Rakata built the Starforge so that only an extremely powerful Force user could operate it. Revan and Malak were the only ones who could in the Kotor era. This indicates that not only were there Rakatans of Revan and Malak level power in the Infinite Empire, but they were also fairly common, as at least one per generation would be needed to use it.

Allankles
Originally posted by Nephthys
Recall that the Rakata built the Starforge so that only an extremely powerful Force user could operate it. Revan and Malak were the only ones who could in the Kotor era. This indicates that not only were there Rakatans of Revan and Malak level power in the Infinite Empire, but they were also fairly common, as at least one per generation would be needed to use it.

Aye.

Allankles
I also believe the new jedi were supposed to be an evolution, they were all supposed to be like luminaries. But unfortunately outside of a few stories - Courtship of Princess Leah, Crystal Star, Jedi Knight series, Unifying Force - the idea of Jedi evolution has hardly been addressed.

Jmanghan
There are families more powerful, the ones, Rakata, Sith hybrids, etc etc By comparison to most families, their dynasty is young, new. The father is the strongest force user, right behind him being a full-potential Anakin Skywalker.

pencilcrayon
The father is the strongest force user, right behind him being a full-potential Anakin Skywalker. http://starwars.com/explore/encyclopedia/characters/anakinskywalker/
Site says otherwise.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by pencilcrayon
http://starwars.com/explore/encyclopedia/characters/anakinskywalker/
Site says otherwise.

Full-Potential Anakin, not normal Anakin.

Btw, take it up with Leland Chee, not me.

pencilcrayon
Originally posted by Jmanghan Full-Potential Anakin, not normal Anakin.Originally posted by Jmanghan right behind him being a full-potential Anakin Skywalker. You mean full potential Anakin > prime Father?

Jmanghan
bump

Emperordmb
Yeah I'll give Jaden some verbal succ here, he wins

NewGuy01
Probably Drallig.

Geistalt
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah I'll give Jaden some verbal succ here, he wins

CuckedCurry
Drallig

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.