Thor vs Sentry in a straight hand to hand fistfight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

One_Angry_Scot
I just wondered who people thought would win considering both of these characters have huge feats when it comes to Hand to Hand fighting. Sorry if this has been done before and I don't mean to anger anyone if this has been mentioned a lot.

I suppose we can do WWH Sentry and then Siege Sentry after that against Thor in H2H.

Also I would like to mention that no other powers would be allowed i.e. no Thor calling on Mjolnir in any way or either of them flying just a pure fistfight on the ground.

Digi
Why do you hate Thor?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Digi
Why do you hate Thor?

I don't hate Thor not at all infact I am a huge fan of him and Sentry. I just wondered if a fight purely based on H2H between them would be good. As I am not so experienced as most on this subject did you react in this way because its heavily unfair on Thor I thought he was particularly strong in a H2H fight.

carver9
WWH Sentry, Thor loses, Siege Sentry, Thor gets the majority.

StiltmanFTW
No, Sentry stomps regardless of the "version".

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by carver9

Why are you implying that WWH Sentry was less powerful then Siege Sentry? That doesn't even make sense imho.

holacik

It's still the same guy.

Digi
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
I don't hate Thor not at all infact I am a huge fan of him and Sentry. I just wondered if a fight purely based on H2H between them would be good. As I am not so experienced as most on this subject did you react in this way because its heavily unfair on Thor I thought he was particularly strong in a H2H fight.

Thor needs Mjolnir to stand a chance in any version. This is a stomp. Glad you're a fan of Thor.

thumb up

Bentley
Sentry wins at least a slight majority.

LeonBuco666
Sentry regardless of the version....
Also you said 'Thor cannot call upon mjonlir in anyway' then you state 'sentry nor thor can do any flying'
I hope you know what im getting at here with out having to actually tell you....'big fan' of Thor

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Sentry regardless of the version....
Also you said 'Thor cannot call upon mjonlir in anyway' then you state 'sentry nor thor can do any flying'
I hope you know what im getting at here with out having to actually tell you....'big fan' of Thor

I was merely suggesting that neither of them could use any of their abilities or weapons apart from just using their fists, I was truly never aware it would be such a huge stomp on Sentry's side. If so I would never had put such constrictions on Thor if that's the case.

LeonBuco666
So I have to actually tell you.....Thor cant fly, I know this is a very minor mistake on your part but it gets to me..you already said he cant use mjonlir in anyway...so there was need to say right after Thor cant fly, because Mjonlir simply pulls him

One_Angry_Scot
So I have to actually tell you.....Thor cant fly, I know this is a very minor mistake on your part but it gets to me..you already said he cant use mjonlir in anyway...so there was need to say right after Thor cant fly, because Mjonlir simply pulls him

I suppose it is quite silly of me to say that, with me being quite uneducated on that particular part of Thor I wasn't actually aware of that. Thanks for letting me know.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So I have to actually tell you.....Thor cant fly, I know this is a very minor mistake on your part but it gets to me..you already said he cant use mjonlir in anyway...so there was need to say right after Thor cant fly, because Mjonlir simply pulls him Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
I suppose it is quite silly of me to say that, with me being quite uneducated on that particular part of Thor I wasn't actually aware of that. Thanks for letting me know.
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16591222_Infinity_002-026.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16591223_Infinity_002-027.jpg

Just saying. stick out tongue

LeonBuco666
I feel the burn...

carver9
Why are you implying that WWH Sentry was less powerful then Siege Sentry? That doesn't even make sense imho.

Because WWH Sentry was more formidable. This was a Sentry that wasn't holding back.

ShadowFyre
Im sorry. But if theybare just standing on thenground throwing fists. I say Sentry gives up first. He almost passed out from one hit by BM. Thor has more heart and since when has Sentry actually shown a better strength feat then Thor. Without his matter manipulation I say he loses to people like Hulk, and Thor everytime. He simply does not have the testicular fortitude.

LeonBuco666
'testicular fortitude'
You have my vote.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Im sorry. But if theybare just standing on thenground throwing fists. I say Sentry gives up first. He almost passed out from one hit by BM. Thor has more heart and since when has Sentry actually shown a better strength feat then Thor. Without his matter manipulation I say he loses to people like Hulk, and Thor everytime. He simply does not have the testicular fortitude.

...sigh

Khazra Reborn
Thor would wreck Sentry in pure h2h. Sentry's physicality was the least impressive thing about him.

ShadowFyre
Sigh all you want. Its true. Sentry has shown to be a straight up punk. There is no fancy schmancy exotic powers in play here. This is Thor's thing. Sentry has never once been shown to be outright stronger, nor a better fighter than Thor. He gets beat up.Thor consistently goes up against people more powerful than himself and still manages to win. Sentry's best physical feats are against people way less powerful than him. Name one match he has won physically with a top tier in a fair brawl?

Blue Marvel came out looking better than Sentry did in that fight by far. He is just kind of a whiny lil punk that folds up when push comes to shove.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Thor would wreck Sentry in pure h2h. Sentry's physicality was the least impressive thing about him.

...sigh

dial J for Josh
Sigh all you want. Its true. Sentry has shown to be a straight up punk. There is no fancy schmancy exotic powers in play here. This is Thor's thing. Sentry has never once been shown to be outright stronger, nor a better fighter than Thor. He gets beat up.Thor consistently goes up against people more powerful than himself and still manages to win. Sentry's best physical feats are against people way less powerful than him. Name one match he has won physically with a top tier in a fair brawl?

Blue Marvel came out looking better than Sentry did in that fight by far. He is just kind of a whiny lil punk that folds up when push comes to shove.

...sigh

Branlor Swift
Because WWH Sentry was more formidable. This was a Sentry that wasn't holding back. Siege Sentry had a double dose of the serum that made him.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Digi
Why do you hate Thor?

laughing out loud

Tony Stark

no expression

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
...sigh

Please explain. Ive seen you and a few others on this site. Sentry beats Odin.Sentry can rip everyone in half with no effort etc. Thats all great except the only person he has beaten is a watered down Molecule Man. Oh and a few hyperbole statements from spiderman and absorbing man. Until he consistently beats people on the level Thor has he is losing this. Sentrybis an extremely powerful being and recently trumped Thor in Uncanny Avengers. It might even be shown as an outright fact that he is well beyond Thor in powerlevels. But he might also be killed(again, but Thors died like 10 times so..) by Mjolnir going through the back of his skull.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

confused

Khazra Reborn
Duuur.

bbrem123
Sentry...and Siege Sentry was far beyond WWH Sentry

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Siege Sentry had a double dose of the serum that made him.

I understand that but Sentry withstood punches in the face, direct punches to the face by WWH. It damaged him but he wasnt out. A holding back WWH almost killed Hercules with far less hits. I consider Thor above Herc just like I would any High Herald but not by much.

If Sentry can withstand that and keep on fighting, dont know what Thor is going to do against this Sentry in a punch fest.

Mshinu
SENTRY wins this by Combo To KO.

ShadowFyre
Not sure why the fights in WWH was so impressive. Shouldnt they have like destroyed half of the Eastern US? And didnt Sentry resort to his power of a thousand exploding blac ca...suns?

Warlord
no mjolnir, sentry wins

LeonBuco666
Dirty Bob FTW easily

maxivitopowe
What the hell is a "blac ca sun"

Batman-Prime
Thor better h2h, even IF Sentry would be stronger, with equal speed he wins.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
What the hell is a "blac ca sun"

My phone going berserk and doing whatever the hwll it wants apparently. Anyway, what I meant was with the power Hulk was showing previously you would think he was holding hack quite a bit since they didnt even destroy the entire city. But that can be written off as tye artist or plot I suppose.

tkitna
Please explain. Ive seen you and a few others on this site. Sentry beats Odin.Sentry can rip everyone in half with no effort etc. Thats all great except the only person he has beaten is a watered down Molecule Man. Oh and a few hyperbole statements from spiderman and absorbing man. Until he consistently beats people on the level Thor has he is losing this. Sentrybis an extremely powerful being and recently trumped Thor in Uncanny Avengers. It might even be shown as an outright fact that he is well beyond Thor in powerlevels. But he might also be killed(again, but Thors died like 10 times so..) by Mjolnir going through the back of his skull.

Sentry had a great feat by trading punches with Genis in my opinion. Could Thor have done that? Eh, i'm sure he probably could. Sentry also went one on one with the Collective when the Collective was wrecking everybody. Could Thor have done that? Sure, since the fight didnt amount to much. The WWH example isnt anything because Sentry fought like a moron and was using energy at the same time. Sentry ripped Ares in half. Could Thor do that? I dont think so, but I suppose its possible. Sentry caught the hand of Terrax and broke his cosmic axe like a twig. Could Thor do that? I dont think so. All of these are just examples though and nothing is wrote down in concrete. As for Sentry taking it to characters of Thors ilk on a regular basis, well he seems to have just as high or higher feats then Thor himself during his limited appearances. Lets look at the last person he beat down,,,,,,,well, that would be Thor.

I'll take Sentry for the win.

Tony Stark

roll eyes (sarcastic)

How again did Blue Marvel come out looking better when he was KTFO

Naija boy
Sentry definitely wins on both accounts

ToughMind
h2h goes to Thor

carver9
Not sure why the fights in WWH was so impressive. Shouldnt they have like destroyed half of the Eastern US? And didnt Sentry resort to his power of a thousand exploding blac ca...suns?

Yes; he did bust out the power of a million exploding suns on Hulk...

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/wwh016.jpg.html

Hulk just endured it. Also, collateral damage isn't always a display of power. I can post a thousand instances of this proving that Marvel and DC ignore collateral damage 90% of times in comics. What I do know is that, it was stated if Hulk and Sentry fight proceeded, the planet would have been destroyed.

DarkSaint85
Carver, stahp.

Raisen
Spite.
Sentry stomps Thor. Thor needs his Daddy for this one; and his Daddy is almost as weak as Thor is.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Carver, stahp.

Why?

the Darkone
Thor is vastly more experience in h2h and brawling.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thor is vastly more experience in h2h and brawling.

The darkone your opinion is invalid. Absolutely every thread you comment on regarding sentry you lowball the hell out of him. Not to mention that you make spite threads just to make him look bad, and on top of that in your own threads you say sentry gets stomped which in retrospect completely contradicts the entire purpose of creating a thread. I am not sure why you have some sort of vendetta against sentry, but don't let your hate blind you from acknowledging the characters power. As a matter of fact there hasn't been one instance where you have said something positive about him.

the Darkone
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
The darkone your opinion is invalid. Absolutely every thread you comment on regarding sentry you lowball the hell out of him. Not to mention that you make spite threads just to make him look bad, and on top of that in your own threads you say sentry gets stomped which in retrospect completely contradicts the entire purpose of creating a thread. I am not sure why you have some sort of vendetta against sentry, but don't let your hate blind you from acknowledging the characters power. As a matter of fact there hasn't been one instance where you have said something positive about him.

He's overhyped weak minded b***h, I liked him at first and then I saw his progression. You can't count on him for sh** except for being manipulate. Sentry is a peer of Thor and SS no more no less.

And who the phuck are you tell me my opinion is invalid, who the phuck are you, you ain't nobody special; because I dont bye into the misconception of Sentry/Void defeating a water down mentally unstable MM who was dramatically depowered and I'm not on Sentry d**k like most members!?

It's my opinion, if I feel Thor would beat Sentry in h2h that's my right and I have feats to back me.

If you don't like what I say ignore and move on, nobody is forcing to respond period it's that simple!

celeyhyga17
Goood... Gooood...

janus77
No Mjolnir no party.

Sentry for the win.

quanchi112
Sentry wins.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by the Darkone
He's overhyped weak minded b***h, I liked him at first and then I saw his progression. You can't count on him for sh** except for being manipulate. Sentry is a peer of Thor and SS no more no less.

And who the phuck are you tell me my opinion is invalid, who the phuck are you, you ain't nobody special; because I dont bye into the misconception of Sentry/Void defeating a water down mentally unstable MM who was dramatically depowered and I'm not on Sentry d**k like most members!?

It's my opinion, if I feel Thor would beat Sentry in h2h that's my right and I have feats to back me.

If you don't like what I say ignore and move on, nobody is forcing to respond period it's that simple!

confused eek! laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing sick

ODG
Stalemate 5/10.
Sentry 6/10.
Sentry 7/10.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ODG
Stalemate 5/10.
Sentry 6/10.
Sentry 7/10. laughing out loud

Mshinu
SENTRY would definately break Mjolnir like a twig, Combo to KO punch Thor`s face into a bloody mess then rip the Odinson in half.

Raisen
didn't sentry already destroy asgard? c'mon people.

it does seem the majority of posters are backing sentry tho.

janus77
Originally posted by Raisen
didn't sentry already destroy asgard? c'mon people.

it does seem the majority of posters are backing sentry tho.
This here is Thor-country and them's fighting words!

But true, Sentry should win out against Thor, pretty solidly.

ankur29
Just saying. stick out tongue

TJqXrHbed4A

The Sorrow
Originally posted by Naija boy
Sentry definitely wins on both accounts

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Tony Stark
How again did Blue Marvel come out looking better when he was KTFO
Read the comic to find out...

tkitna
Is this scan of Blue Marvel falling the proof we go by that he looked better in that fight?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/5/50188/1090995-sentry_vs_bm_4.jpg

Tony Stark
Originally posted by tkitna
Is this scan of Blue Marvel falling the proof we go by that he looked better in that fight?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/5/50188/1090995-sentry_vs_bm_4.jpg

I guess so...

And BTW I own the comic Pym maybe you'd like to borrow it?

Hyperion Prime
Yeah Sentry looked better because he was KTFO and had just recovered and was well rested.

Originally posted by tkitna

tkitna
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Yeah Sentry looked better because he was KTFO and had just recovered and was well rested.

Well rested? Lol. How long do you think Sentry was supossedly knocked out (i'll never agree that it was a KO, but the Mods feel he was)? A couple seconds, maybe a minute at the most? You act like he was in a hospital room for a week and then took a vacation to rest up then to only rejoin the fight.

Lets face the facts here, Bob delivered the final blow that had Adam being carried off the battlefield. There's no other conclusion.

ShadowFyre
How about we show the scan before it wher Blue Marvel had just puched Sentry off planet. Was dealing with Ares and Iron man I believe. Sentry then with all the power he had left (as evidenced by the fact that he passed out which he is prone to do when facing his equals) and with an distracted Blue Marvel at that. If BM had followed him and pressed the attack it seems he would have won. Besides, he passed out from the attack. He was not KTFO like you put it as evidenced by him talking. When someone is knocked the f out they immediately become unconsious and are unable to stand up or speak.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.