All vs Gauntlet vs Superman with these weapons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Who could he not take down with having these two weapons at his command?

The Enchantment of the hammer Ccannot be taken from The Hammer and is bound to Superman for this battle

http://geek-news.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/supermanhammer.jpg

DarkSaint85
Odin.

Supra
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Odin.

reason?

DarkSaint85
He negates the enchantment, and Superman loses his amp.

It leaves a herald, with a pretty shield, against Odin.

Supra
The enchantment cannot be taken away bro

Supra
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He negates the enchantment, and Superman loses his amp.

It leaves a herald, with a pretty shield, against Odin.

Pretty sure i stated the hammer could not be taken from him..

DarkSaint85
He can still have the hammer.

Its just that its nothing more than a pretty paperweight stick out tongue

Epicurus
Originally posted by Supra
reason?
By atomizing him to death. He can also make Mjolnir turn upon Superman. You specified that it can't be taken away from him, not whether it can't be turned against him. Odin is fully capable of such a feat, seeing the level of control he has displayed over the hammer before.

Supra
Okay besides Odin!! Man!! Cmon what powers does that hammer give superman..does it give him thors powers as well as amp his own!?

Can he take down Galactus, Doomsday or Silver Surfer with it??

Fck Odin!!

Who else could he go up against that he could not previously had without the hammer and shield...

Delta1938
Wait.....so you make a thread titled that it's a gauntlet, but it's really a Who Can Beat Character X Under These Circumstances thread? Or did I misunderstand the title?

Silent Master
Powers have never stacked, so he'd have Thor's powers but have zero exp in using them....I'd say just about any herald level character could beat him.

Supra
Originally posted by Silent Master
Powers have never stacked, so he'd have Thor's powers but have zero exp in using them....I'd say just about any herald level character could beat him.

So he loses the power Superman with the Power of Thor? Can he at least call down his battle armor, his belt of strength?

Isnt he now way OP? Superman+Thor in one body?

Supra
Originally posted by Delta1938
Wait.....so you make a thread titled that it's a gauntlet, but it's really a Who Can Beat Character X Under These Circumstances thread? Or did I misunderstand the title?

You read the title right I wrote the title in correctly...

I mean to say as you said it.. "Who Can Beat Character X Under These Circumstances thread?"

Silent Master
So he loses the power Superman with the Power of Thor? Can he at least call down his battle armor, his belt of strength?

Isnt he now way OP? Superman+Thor in one body?

As the powers of the person lifting Mjolnir have never shown to stack, He'd only have Thor's powers, not his + Thor's.

Supra
As the powers of the person lifting Mjolnir have never shown to stack, He'd only have Thor's powers, not his + Thor's.

But the only thing that can take away his power is mainly red sun or green rocks..how do those present themselves by being worthy to yield the hammer?

It absolutely makes no sense..thus i am deeply disappointed with the writers now..

abhilegend
Snake-eyes has just made that up. Powers do stack. Mjolnir has never super-imposed Thor's power over anybody else's power.

Silent Master
But the only thing that can take away his power is mainly red sun or green rocks..how do those present themselves by being worthy to yield the hammer?

It absolutely makes no sense..thus i am deeply disappointed with the writers now..

That is just the way it's always worked, otherwise when BRB lifted Mjolnir his strength and durability would have been around 2x Thor...yet it wasn't.

abhilegend
That is just the way it's always worked, otherwise when BRB lifted Mjolnir his strength and durability would have been around 2x Thor...yet it wasn't.
How do you know he wasn't twice as strong? Did he fight anybody?

Silent Master
Originally posted by abhilegend
How do you know he wasn't twice as strong? Did he fight anybody?

He fought Thor.

abhilegend
He fought Thor.
After he was stripped of mjolnir and Thor was restored to his god form. Looks like Walt Simonnson and BRB disagree with you too.

http://i.imgur.com/iux0hx3.jpg

"The power of demon himself added to my own."

Looks like Superman strikes harder than Thor with mjolnir after all.

Supra
Snake-eyes has just made that up. Powers do stack. Mjolnir has never super-imposed Thor's power over anybody else's power.

ok then the subject changes now to who's more powerful. Superman with Thors Hammer..or with his own power?

Silent Master
Feats > character statements and BRB has zero feats to back up him having 2x Thor's strength and durability.

Supra
Feats > character statements and BRB has zero feats to back up him having 2x Thor's strength and durability.

In english please I'm a stupid american

Silent Master
In english please I'm a stupid american

abhi is trying to use BRB's statement as proof that powers stack, but there are zero feats to support such an increase.

Supra
abhi is trying to use BRB's statement as proof that powers stack, but there are zero feats to support such an increase.

why can't the writes have some friggen godspeed imagination??? This could have been fun, but they have to ruin it for all of us..

screw that

Silent Master
why can't the writes have some friggen godspeed imagination??? This could have bee fun, but they have to ruin it for all of us..

screw that

Well, you're the thread starter, you can always say that it stacks for the purpose of the thread.

abhilegend
Feats > character statements and BRB has zero feats to back up him having 2x Thor's strength and durability. Originally posted by Silent Master
Haha, what? Now you're outright refuting an on panel statement. Never change snake-eyes. Pray tell me who did BRB with mjolnir fight which contradicts his statement?

abhilegend
Well, you're the thread starter, you can always say that it stacks for the purpose of the thread.
It always stacks snake-eyes.

Silent Master
It always stacks snake-eyes.

Then post actual feats to support that.

Supra
Haha, what? Now you're outright refuting an on panel statement. Never change snake-eyes. Pray tell me who did BRB with mjolnir fight which contradicts his statement?

I love your Signature artwork btw..can you send me that scan in a full size so i could read it?

abhilegend
Then post actual feats to support that.
I posted a proof by an actual character that states that his power was stacked. What is your proof that it replaces powers of an individual by Thor's powers though?

abhilegend
I love your Signature artwork btw..can you send me that scan in a full size so i could read it?

Sure.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_SupermanandThorbrawlin.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_SupermanandThorbrawlin2.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_SupermanandThorbrawlin3.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_Supermanavengers.jpg

Silent Master
Sure.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_SupermanandThorbrawlin.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_SupermanandThorbrawlin2.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_SupermanandThorbrawlin3.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_Supermanavengers.jpg

Even if that proved what you claim(it doesn't) it's not canon and unsable in debates.

Supra
Sure.

bad ass thank you!

How much does that hammer actually weigh?

abhilegend
Even if that proved what you claim(it doesn't) it's not canon and unsable in debates.
I was posting scans which somebody requested to me. It wasn't an argument. Now where is your proof that mjolnir replaces people's powers when they lift it?

Silent Master
You have yet to prove that powers stack.

abhilegend
I already did.

http://i.imgur.com/iux0hx3.jpg

Here, its spelled out for you.

Silent Master
No, you posted a character statement that has no feats to back it up.

Delta1938

You should admit your reading comprehension failed you when you said JLA/AVENGERS doesn't prove anything and doesn't count anyways when Abhi was posting it at the request of someone, not an argument he made.

Delta1938
You read the title right I wrote the title in correctly...

I mean to say as you said it.. "Who Can Beat Character X Under These Circumstances thread?"

miffed Go stand in the corner and think about what you've done.

JakeTheBank
I personally don't think being worthy of Mjolnir gives you Thor's stats. It gives you his power of the storm and all of the associated Mjolnir tricks and whatnot, but not Thor's physical stats stacked on top of your own. To that end, Bill was probably remaking over the power of Mjonir itself.

If Bill did get Thor's stats added on top of his, that would likewise mean he was about twice as strong as him with Mjolnir in his possession. And considering Stormbreaker was made to be equal to Mjolnir in terms of function and power, it would likewise mean Bill is 2x more powerful/stronger than Thor is...which we know is anything but true.

JakeTheBank
bad ass thank you!

How much does that hammer actually weigh?

The hammer itself weighs about as much as a man made hammer of that size and shape would weigh (though probably multiplied by three due to Asgardian matter being three times as dense as Earth's).

The hammer's "weight" comes from magic. I know a lot of people apply pseudo-science to Mjolnir due to the movie and a few comics stating it was forged in the heart of a dying star and tacking a number onto it, but Mjolnir doesn't weight anything crazy like x amount of tons. If it did, Thor wouldn't be able to put on a table or rest it on the ground or tables without it cracking the surface or creating a massive crater.

Silent Master
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I personally don't think being worthy of Mjolnir gives you Thor's stats. It gives you his power of the storm and all of the associated Mjolnir tricks and whatnot, but not Thor's physical stats stacked on top of your own. To that end, Bill was probably remaking over the power of Mjonir itself.

If Bill did get Thor's stats added on top of his, that would likewise mean he was about twice as strong as him with Mjolnir in his possession. And considering Stormbreaker was made to be equal to Mjolnir in terms of function and power, it would likewise mean Bill is 2x more powerful/stronger than Thor is...which we know is anything but true.

That is possible.

abhilegend
At least I have that statement to prove it. What do you have when you said it?

At least post a statement which states mjolnir replaces wearer's powers. Oh I forgot who you are. I'm calling a mod to decide it.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Not true at all. Stormbreaker was equal to mjolnir but it doesn't grants you the power of Thor which was enchanted by Odin. The statement is clear cut, BRB had Thor's powers stacked on his own. Odin stripped him of mjolnir and restored Thor's godly form in the next issue.

Silent Master
At least I have that statement to prove it. What do you have when you said it?

At least post a statement which states mjolnir replaces wearer's powers. Oh I forgot who you are. I'm calling a mod to decide it.

You have a character statement with no feats to back it up, which makes the statement worthless.

abhilegend
You have a character statement with no feats to back it up, which makes the statement worthless.
Because the guy in question had no fights at all and that's only proof that he had thor's powers stacked on him. Where is your proof that Thor's powers would replace Superman's powers if he had mjolnir?

Silent Master
Because the guy in question had no fights at all and that's only proof that he had thor's powers stacked on him. Where is your proof that Thor's powers would replace Superman's powers if he had mjolnir?

If he has no feats backing the statement up, then the statement is worthless.

abhilegend
If he has no feats backing the statement up, then the statement is worthless.
If a character has only statements and appears in one issue only, its not worthless. Regardless, where is your proof?

Supra
yall way beyond me now ill just read and learn!

Silent Master
A Beta Ray Bill that has the power of Thor has appeared in far more than just 1 issue.

abhilegend
A Beta Ray Bill that has the power of Thor has appeared in far more than just 1 issue.
Beta Ray Bill with mjolnir has only appeared in Thor 337 and 338. He gets stormbreaker in 339 which doesn't grants someone Thor's strength. That's unique to mjolnir only.

Supra
If a character has only statements and appears in one issue only, its not worthless. Regardless, where is your proof?

ok as seen in the movie the hammer can be deflected from the likes of kurse..so the hammer does not have unlimited power as some think? it can only be yeilded by a worthy holder.. but the power has limits just as thor has his upper limits as any hero does?

Silent Master
You're really going to try and argue that Stormbreaker doesn't grant the power of Thor?

Supra
Guys please can we get back on OP?? I really want to learn about these powers!! Why argue when we can learn?

abhilegend
You're really going to try and argue that Stormbreaker doesn't grant the power of Thor?
Yes, I am. It is equal to mjolnir but it grants Bill return to his Karbonite form from his powered up form. Anyway, where is your proof that mjolnir replaces wearer's powers? Three pages and you haven't produced a single proof. I am not surprised though. You're snake-eyes after all.

I gave you a proof and you discarded it, now at least post a proof.

Supra
Last Son Of Krypton you got this, i tried to make a clean thread people want to argue and hate..

House of El lives forever..

Silent Master
Yes, I am. It is equal to mjolnir but it grants Bill return to his Karbonite form from his powered up form. Anyway, where is your proof that mjolnir replaces wearer's powers? Three pages and you haven't produced a single proof. I am not surprised though. You're snake-eyes after all.

I gave you a proof and you discarded it, now at least post a proof.

So all the years of BRB using Thor's powers are PIS?

Delta1938

Still waiting for you to admit your reading comprehension failed you on Abhi posting those scans earlier.

abhilegend
He's using his own strength which is equal to thor.

Silent Master
He's using his own strength which is equal to thor.

Bill uses his strength to manipulate the weather, create shields and teleport etc?

abhilegend
Bill uses his strength to manipulate the weather, create shields and teleport etc?
He uses stormbreaker as it is enchanted the same as mjolnir. It doesn't grant him the power of Thor though and certainly not his strength. You are running away from the main question again, where was it stated that mjolnir replaces wearer's power with the power of thor?

Silent Master
You mean Thor doesn't have the power to manipulate the weather, create shields and teleport etc?

Delta1938
You mean Thor doesn't have the power to manipulate the weather, create shields and teleport etc?

He uses stormbreaker as it is enchanted the same as mjolnir. It doesn't grant him the power of Thor though and certainly not his strength. You are running away from the main question again, where was it stated that mjolnir replaces wearer's power with the power of thor?

Abhi, you forgot he's running away from admitting to his reading comprehension failure.

abhilegend
He does. Its not his copyright that anybody who uses this stuff with an enchanted hammer is using his power. You are running away from the main question again, where was it stated that mjolnir replaces wearer's power with the power of thor?Originally posted by Delta1938
Abhi, you forgot he's running away from admitting to his reading comprehension failure.
I know all about this cat. He's a little spammer from ICT named snake-eyes.

Delta1938

I know all about this cat. He's a little spammer from ICT named snake-eyes.

Oh I know who he is. Trolls gotta troll.

Branlor Swift
So the enchantment is in full effect and Superman can't lose the hammer?

Problem is he isn't worthy though, so he's pretty much stuck in one spot with one hand.

Gladiator stomps

shifty

Rage.Of.Olympus
When someone gets possession of Mjolnir, they gain the power of Thor. Logically Beta Ray Bill with Asgardian power should be noticeably stronger then Thor but that's clearly not the case. And yet, Top Tiers such as Bill, Wonder Woman and Superman all note a very large increase in power from the hammer. To make matters even more confusing, Beta Ray Bill and his like are empowered by using a portion of Thor's own might. That means not only should Bill become stronger, Thor should in turn grow weaker. Clearly Thor's innate power is far beyond Top Tier and just feeling the portion provided by Mjolnir is more then enough to satisfy weaker beings. shifty

Also, the argument that Beta Ray Bill's hammer is somehow different from Mjolnir in terms of the way it empowers Beta Ray Bill is ridiculously dumb. The entire idea behind Stormbreaker is that it would make him just as powerful as he was with Mjolnir in order to combat Surtur's forces. This is the definition of poor reading comprehension. Not to mention that we saw Bill regain his Korbonite form with Mjolnir in Secret Invasion.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
When someone gets possession of Mjolnir, they gain the power of Thor. Logically Beta Ray Bill with Asgardian power should be noticeably stronger then Thor but that's clearly not the case. And yet, Top Tiers such as Bill, Wonder Woman and Superman all note a very large increase in power from the hammer. To make matters even more confusing, Beta Ray Bill and his like are empowered by using a portion of Thor's own might. That means not only should Bill become stronger, Thor should in turn grow weaker. Clearly Thor's innate power is far beyond Top Tier and just feeling the portion provided by Mjolnir is more then enough to satisfy weaker beings. shifty

Also, the argument that Beta Ray Bill's hammer is somehow different from Mjolnir in terms of the way it empowers Beta Ray Bill is ridiculously dumb. The entire idea behind Stormbreaker is that it would make him just as powerful as he was with Mjolnir in order to combat Surtur's forces. This is the definition of poor reading comprehension. Not to mention that we saw Bill regain his Korbonite form with Mjolnir in Secret Invasion.

Which is why I stopped responding to the troll.

Pipxeroth
Classic Strange. Classic Fate. Dr Doom.

abhilegend
Which is why I stopped responding to the troll.
laughing out loud

Snake-eyes at his finest.

Delta1938
laughing out loud

Snake-eyes at his finest.

It was a better message of the pot to the kettle than even Fangirl.

Epicurus
Okay besides Odin!! Man!! Cmon what powers does that hammer give superman..does it give him thors powers as well as amp his own!?

Can he take down Galactus, Doomsday or Silver Surfer with it??

Fck Odin!!

Who else could he go up against that he could not previously had without the hammer and shield...
Galactus is even above Odin power-wise, so no.

Surfer has already been punked by Thor alone before, so Superman being empowered by Mjolnit could likely replicate such a feat.

Doomsday: He'll get killed in their first encounter, only to return with a SBP-esque resistance to magic.

Supra
Can Superman never beat doomsday? Can anyone or is it just not possible to kill him?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.