Dynamic Strength......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
Ok, so ive been reading alot of Superman lately (DOS to FC) & though i hate to admit it. He does possess a degree of dynamic strength.

Anywho my question is how great? If Clark takes the kid gloves off and deletes the mental blocks how far past ten can his strength gauge dial?

In this fight its Superman (pre-DCNU) vs Hulk (our resident dynamic powerset hero) in a test of strength only. Not a fight. Just who in the end will cap out first based on feats.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Ok, so ive been reading alot of Superman lately (DOS to FC) & though i hate to admit it. He does possess a degree of dynamic strength.

Anywho my question is how great? If Clark takes the kid gloves off and deletes the mental blocks how far past ten can his strength gauge dial?

In this fight its Superman (pre-DCNU) vs Hulk (our resident dynamic powerset hero) in a test of strength only. Not a fight. Just who in the end will cap out first based on feats.

See? You should have listened stick out tongue

Superman is more likely to hit a hard limit first than hulk, imo. Though I would argue that Superman would increase in strength at a faster rate.

He'll still need to sundip eventually etc.

As far as how large a jump are we talking... Probably to the point where he's far stronger than all but the closest of his peers, and even then, those closest to him like say, Diana or Billy, would still be a notch below.

Just imo.

DarkSaint85

Based on feats? Space Cheese included?

JBL
He would go to eleven just like ALL his equals. Going all out is not Dynamic strength. Superman's strength does not increase like hulks. Hulk gets stronger, superman, black adam, thor, captain marvel etc all just stop holding back and use their FULL strength and show what they can REALLY do. You can insert Black Adam in superman's place and it would be the same thing. There is NO comparison to Hulks TRUE dynamic strength. Superman would cap out in the first 10 seconds.

carver9
I think ODG summed this thread up just fine.

Originally posted by ODG
As opposed to every single comic that's been published where a character stops holding back and inexplicably achieves performances and feats beyond what they were capable of beforehand. Only if you ignore every comic that's ever been published.

Beyond the class they were previously. Just like Superman.

As long as the plot demanded it. Just like Superman. Thor went from taking hours to destroy a single All-Black hound, to destroying scores of them simultaneously, not to mention absorbing the Godbomb. Wolverine went from being stomped by Creed solo, to wrecking Lady Deathstrike, Lord Deathstrike, Sauron, Bloodscream, Roughhouse, Slug, Silver Samurai, Daken, Wildchild, Tigershark, Mystique, Sabretooth and dozens of miscellaneous villains. Thing has gone from being humiliated by single Doombot to crushing scores of them.

Why in the world do you think Superman can never benefit from reverse-ninja theory like pretty much every character ever in comics? Scratch that. Obvious question has obvious answer.

JBL
Originally posted by carver9
I think ODG summed this thread up just fine. Indeed he did.

carver9
Lets add this to it as well.

Originally posted by ODG
When Hal doesn't hold back, he lets loose a Krona-buster. When Jubilee stops holding back, she detonates huge amounts of matter on an atomic scale. When Shang Chi stops holding back, he tears people to pieces. When Thor stops holding back, he destroys Durok with a godblast from his person. When Spider-Man stops holding back, he supports a building.

I am astounded by the tunnel-vision being used here. Nobody argues that Superman isn't more formidable and/or doesn't output more power when he stops holding back. But that's the same for every phucking comic character in the history of comics whether it be Electro, Orion, Wolverine, or Robin.

Sin I AM
Odg isnt the convening authority. Comics back up this

carver9
Odg isnt the convening authority. Comics back up this

Never said he was but he does make a sound argument. Everything is debatable but using Hulk as a totem is just wrong since Superman has never shown he can amp anywhere close to what Hulk can.

JBL
Odg isnt the convening authority. Comics back up this Comics back it up for EVERY character though.

h1a8
Superman starts higher, unless we are using the Hulk that can go to WBH levels on a dime. Based off feats Superman is a hell of a lot stronger and Hulk would cap first (excluding WBH).

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
Comics back it up for EVERY character though. I disagree. Superman has been stated and shown to have mental blocks. It's part of his character. Hulk is a little similar as he doesn't really kill. Other characters performed better due to comic variability (and not because they had mental blocks at first) or just by learning how to beat someone more efficiently through trial and error.

pym-ftw
Idk

Maybe pre boot/marvel now, but really I don't think that's the case anymore.

h1a8
Never said he was but he does make a sound argument. Everything is debatable but using Hulk as a totem is just wrong since Superman has never shown he can amp anywhere close to what Hulk can. Well he has gone with fighting against heralds to doing shit that requires more than 50 Earth weights of force. Remember, he doesn't kill and would naturally hold back his power in order to preserve life. We he is applying his might to a non living thing then he can easily release the mental blocks. For example, him benchpressing the Earth for 5 days, or him applying more than 50 Earth weights of force.

h1a8
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Idk

Maybe pre boot/marvel now, but really I don't think that's the case anymore. You could be right, but we'll see. All I know is that Superman doesn't kill and thus he has to have mental blocks in order not to accidentally kill someone. Superman does stupid shit when living things aren't involved but seems to have a limit when living things are involved.

Sin I AM
Never said he was but he does make a sound argument. Everything is debatable but using Hulk as a totem is just wrong since Superman has never shown he can amp anywhere close to what Hulk can.

But he has which is why i created the thread. His abilities tie into his emotional state and his willpower.

JBL
Originally posted by h1a8
I disagree. Superman has been stated and shown to have mental blocks. It's part of his character. Hulk is a little similar as he doesn't really kill. Other characters performed better due to comic variability (and not because they had mental blocks at first) or just by learning how to beat someone more efficiently through trial and error. Those mental blocks are in place to keep from going TOO far and hurting or killing NORMAL people or WEAKER foes. Superman is NOTHING like hulk. Superman is NOT the exception to the story, ALL super strong characters that care for innocents or life itself has a form of mental blocks to safeguard the people around them... BUT.... when they go up against someone that can take it or hand them their collective ass on a platter, they let loose and use their FULL strength and abilities. That goes for EVERY character that fits the bill, dont try and place superman in a class by himself in an attempt to elevate him above his peers using something that HAS been shown in EVERY character from Antman to Zoom. You are FAR smarter than that h1a8.

JBL
But he has which is why i created the thread. His abilities tie into his emotional state and his willpower. When has superman Amped like hulk can? Please answer before the house of EL gather and ruin your thread.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Well he has gone with fighting against heralds to doing shit that requires more than 50 Earth weights of force. Remember, he doesn't kill and would naturally hold back his power in order to preserve life. We he is applying his might to a non living thing then he can easily release the mental blocks. For example, him benchpressing the Earth for 5 days, or him applying more than 50 Earth weights of force.

This applies to every character though...not just Superman. Thor, Surfer, Hulk, Hyperion, hell, even Cyclops hold back but when they unleash everything, the power display is completely different. That doesn't have a thing to do with dynamic, that's called 'letting loose'.

Sin I AM
Dos, when he beat guy, imperiex, jonn etc

eaebiakuya
Guys, this is not a proof that he has dynamic strengh ?

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Energy/absorbing/adventuresof636a.jpg

carver9
But he has which is why i created the thread. His abilities tie into his emotional state and his willpower.

When?

celeyhyga17
http://9thcivic.com/gallery/albums/post/joker_eatin_popcorn_by_capnectoplasm_d39sa07_1.gif

carver9
Dos, when he beat guy, imperiex, jonn etc

So I guess that means Thor, Wolverine, and Spiderman have dynamic strength because they've done everything you just mentioned. Hell, Spiderman has done it to a higher degree when letting loose.

JBL
Dos, when he beat guy, imperiex, jonn etc I can use Spiderman and get the same results. Just because someone beats someone else ( mostly plot ) it does not means dynamic strength or every character in comic can wear that Crown.

JBL
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
http://9thcivic.com/gallery/albums/post/joker_eatin_popcorn_by_capnectoplasm_d39sa07_1.gif Dude i almost s**t my pants when you posted this.LMAO!!!

Sin I AM
When?

Read death where is thy sting

LordofBrooklyn
Lets add this to it as well.

Lets add actual reason and canon instead.

Like so.

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
You're missing the point.

The beginning stats for Shang-Chi, Jubilee, Hal and Spider-Man are not augmented by a change in disposition. Shang-chi could've always used the death touch at the beginning of the brawl. Jubilee could've made a Christmas tree out of a small state at the start. Hal could've gone Krona killer from the get go.

These are elements of plot that we are all used to.

The only example that is comprable to Superman here is Thor under a specific circumstance.

Thor entering Warrior Madness has definitive increases in power that are consistent and NOT plot driven.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
I can use Spiderman and get the same results. Just because someone beats someone else ( mostly plot ) it does not means dynamic strength or every character in comic can wear that Crown.

That is complete and utter nonsense.

Show me where Spider-Man leaps from class 10 to 100 due to plot without augmentation.

Superman went from struggling with a single Imperiex probe, a probe capable of killing thousands of Daxamites, to smashing them at will.

Clark clearly jumped a tier when the mental blocks were off.

quanchi112
That is complete and utter nonsense.

Show me where Spider-Man leaps from class 10 to 100 due to plot without augmentation.

Superman went from struggling with a single Imperiex probe, a probe capable of killing thousands of Daxamites, to smashing them at will.

Clark clearly jumped a tier when the mental blocks were off. He went all out. Thor went from getting beat up by Airwalker to killing him with one toss of his hammer. Same thing.

smile

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by quanchi112
He went all out. Thor went from getting beat up by Airwalker to killing him with one toss of his hammer. Same thing.

smile

Not at all.

You fail again.

That is indicative of bad writing not Thor entering an actual higher tier like when he goes into Warrior Madness.

Go get the Thor Corps and they will affirm everything I've just said.

quanchi112
Not at all.

You fail again.

That is indicative of bad writing not Thor entering an actual higher tier like when he goes into Warrior Madness.

Go get the Thor Corps and they will affirm everything I've just said. It is the same thing. When heroes go all out they all are far more formidable. Superman's mental block ps make it harder for him to do so compared to other heroes.

LordofBrooklyn
It is the same thing. When heroes go all out they all are far more formidable. Superman's mental block ps make it harder for him to do so compared to other heroes.

It is the scale that counts obviously.

Spider-Man flooring Luke Cage because he broke Aunt May is one thing. Parker smashing the Juggernaut for the same offense is another.

quanchi112
It is the scale that counts obviously.

Spider-Man flooring Luke Cage because he broke Aunt May is one thing. Parker smashing the Juggernaut for the same offense is another. I simply said most heroes have another level when they stop holding back. No different. Thor's level is higher than Superman's IMO.

Branlor Swift
So I guess that means Thor, Wolverine, and Spiderman have dynamic strength because they've done everything you just mentioned. Hell, Spiderman has done it to a higher degree when letting loose. A recent example would be Thor having extreme trouble with a Black Berserker on his first go around to smashing tons of them almost easily.

Another example would be Thor getting his ass straight up kicked by one secondary adamantium Ultron and having to go all out to destroy it, to smashing many many secondary adamantium Ultrons when he was fighting an army of them.

Dynamic strength Thor.

Pillow Biter
Those suggesting that Superman is no different than other heroes with respect to having a dynamic power level clearly have not read many Superman comics. Writers don't like to waste panels, much less whole story arcs. And some writers devoted whole story arcs detailing how Superman had dynamic power in a way that other heroes did not.

That being said, while the general idea of Superman having more of an 'extra gear' than other heroes became fairly accepted, I would not say it was universally so. Nor were the precise details ever completely agreed to. In some cases his powers were controlled by willpower or his emotional state. In other cases, he simply held back more than other top end heroes, which produced the an apparent effect of dynamic power even if there was no true dynamism. In some cases all of these were combined.

We aren't talking Hulk-like dynamic power for the most part. Under some writers, Superman really didn't seem to get much more from going all out than characters like Thor or Surfer. Under others, he could indeed jump a tier or two. So it's quite difficult to really average it all out for battleboard purposes. He is a tough character to evaluate. But it is fair to asterisk his fights and suggest that he has a shot at winning battles he normally would get beaten in, should he really get serious (and have the right writer). Of course this is true for many heroes, but nearly to the same extent. There was something different going on with him. It would appear that there still is, under some writers, in the DCNU.

Galan007
There is a big difference between dynamic strength, and a character that is simply not holding back, imo.

Superman almost always pulls his punches, so when he finally does cut lose, he typically displays power many times greater than his 'norm'(ie. raping Imperiex Probes like fodder.) However, I certainly wouldn't call this dynamic strength in the same sense that someone like Hulk employs it... In these cases Superman is just allowing himself to use all of his available strength--he's not gaining strength that isn't already on-tap.

Conversely, Hulk does continuously gain strength that wasn't available beforehand, so long as he keeps getting pissed. That is how I define 'true' dynamic strength. /shrug

Pillow Biter
Yes. But under SOME writers, it has been suggested that Superman has a similar (if watered down) ability. One writer said he starts to draw in more solar energy when he gets emotional. Others have said he is basically able to be as strong as he wants to be in some undefined way. There was no complete consensus on the mechanics, and I would agree that in many cases he didn't have truly dynamic power. In other cases he seemed to.

Galan007
Imo, the cases in which Superman has been stated to have 'true' dynamic strength are so few that they could easily be considered the exception, not the rule.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Galan007
There is a big difference between dynamic strength, and a character that is simply not holding back, imo.

Superman almost always pulls his punches, so when he finally does cut lose, he typically displays power many times greater than his 'norm'(ie. raping Imperiex Probes like fodder.) However, I certainly wouldn't call this dynamic strength in the same sense that someone like Hulk employs it... In these cases Superman is just allowing himself to use all of his available strength--he's not gaining strength that isn't already on-tap.

Conversely, Hulk does continuously gain strength that wasn't available beforehand, so long as he keeps getting pissed. That is how I define 'true' dynamic strength. /shrug

But if u take an objective look at his history superman more than any other character is only limited by his will

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
Please answer before the house of EL gather and ruin your thread.

Watch your mouth heretic!

mad

Pillow Biter
I wouldn't argue too much over the semantics. To me, the bottom line is that he is different than other heroes in this respect, but he is not the Hulk. He is somewhere inbetween, in a vague and slightly undefined way.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
A recent example would be Thor having extreme trouble with a Black Berserker on his first go around to smashing tons of them almost easily.

Another example would be Thor getting his ass straight up kicked by one secondary adamantium Ultron and having to go all out to destroy it, to smashing many many secondary adamantium Ultrons when he was fighting an army of them.

Dynamic strength Thor.

Ridiculous.

Again, Thor could've always done that given his depictions.

An Imperiex probe killed thousands of Daxamites who are physical peers to Kryptonians. Smashing them with ease is indeed TRUE dynamic strength, not what you are suggesting here.

Galan007
But if u take an objective look at his history superman more than any other character is only limited by his will As ODG has pointed out: every single comic book character is limited by their will--and most characters have pulled some retardedly uber feats out of their asses when they stop holding back.

Anywho, we must remember that at the end of the day Superman is always going to be DC's poster child, and as such he's always going to be as strong as the story needs him to be.

quanchi112
Ridiculous.

An Imperiex probe killed thousands of Daxamites who are physical peers to Kryptonians. Smashing them with ease is indeed TRUE dynamic strength, not what you are suggesting here. Even by your own definition this isn't an example of dynamic strength just using more strength.

WW also defeated them as did Doomsday among others.

LordofBrooklyn
Even by your own definition this isn't an example of dynamic strength just using more strength.

WW also defeated them as did Doomsday among others.

Why do you do this? laughing out loud

Diana destroyed probes the way Superman did when the blocks were off?

Pillow Biter
No one knows what happened at Daxam. I find it disingenuous to suggest a single Probe is as powerful as thousands of Daxamites in a straight battle.

That being said, people trying to oversimplify Superman's power dynamic by insisting he is in no way different than other heroes are really not being helpful. That simply isn't true. Exactly how different he is is indeed debatable, though.

quanchi112

Diana destroyed probes the way Superman did when the blocks were off? You acted like the probes were destroying everyone in their path which they weren't.

Doomsday wrecked them just as easily.

wink

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
No one knows what happened at Daxam. I find it disingenuous to suggest a single Probe is as powerful as thousands of Daxamites in a straight battle.

What you find disingenuous is besides the point.

What matters is Superman unleashed= Thousands of Daxamites as per OUR WORLDS AT WAR.

Canon! cool

LordofBrooklyn
You acted like the probes were destroying everyone in their path which they weren't.

Doomsday wrecked them just as easily.

wink

Have you read OUR WORLDS AT WAR?

I won't even get into the power that Superman has at a sundipped level given the canon of that story.

Pillow Biter
Okay. Now I know you are joking about Superman = thousands of Daxamites lol

As for Diana splitting a Probe, she needed Superman's help to do it. He ripped its arm off first. I remember when the Writer said this it caused serious anger among WW fans lol

Branlor Swift
Ridiculous.

An Imperiex probe killed thousands of Daxamites who are physical peers to Kryptonians. Smashing them with ease is indeed TRUE dynamic strength, not what you are suggesting here. Yes, Thor doing something he previously had loads of trouble doing is ridiculous.

Great logic

So, Black Lightning, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Zod, The Lasso of Truth are > 100 000 Daxamites too since this is the only thing that defines them apparently?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Okay. Now I know you are joking about Superman = thousands of Daxamites lol

As for Diana splitting a Probe, she needed Superman's help to do it. He ripped its arm off first. I remember when the Writer said this it caused serious anger among WW fans lol

No one who actually read OUR WORLDS AT WAR takes Quan's "Appraisal" of events seriously.

LordofBrooklyn
Yes, Thor doing something he previously had loads of trouble doing is ridiculous.

Great logic

My logic is great actually as my statement refers to the standard I mentioned earlier.

Show me where a character, including Thor outside of Warrior Madness, goes up a tier or more definitively.

Show me something that several of Thor's peers had troubling doing that the Odinson rose above them definitively to accomplish. Without an amp of course.

quanchi112
Have you read OUR WORLDS AT WAR?

I won't even get into the power that Superman has at a sundipped level given the canon of that story. Yes. Can you follow along with the conversation ?

You apparently go from one wild tangent to the next without being able to connect the dots to your own posts.

Based off your reasoning WW>>>thousands of daxamites.

laughing out loud

That isn't canon anymore. Fun while it lasted. But that is an external power up anyways.

Branlor Swift
My logic is great actually as my statement refers to the standard I mentioned earlier.

Show me where a character, including Thor outside of Warrior Madness, goes up a tier or more definitively.

Show me something that several of Thor's peers had troubling doing that the Odinson rose above them definitively to accomplish. Without an amp of course. Like beating Ultron who previously smashed the Avengers including Thor, by going all out?
And then destroying a shitton of the same Ultron later?

Or fighting one single Black Berserker for hours, and then running through them almost comically throughout the arc?

Also, explain why I couldn't use WM Thor either. Is it because it defeats your premise?

LordofBrooklyn
Based off your reasoning WW>>>thousands of daxamites.

laughing out loud

That was clearly a joke.

You are desperate at this point.

I've been to another site and I see that your failure is nearing a multiversal level now.

carver9
A recent example would be Thor having extreme trouble with a Black Berserker on his first go around to smashing tons of them almost easily.

Dynamic strength Thor.

This plus what Galan said pretty much sums it up. If you're giving Superman dynamic strength due to some circumstances that had happened outside of his true power potential, then this needs to be shared for the other hero's as well...example, Thor.

celeyhyga17
I guess it depends on how much juice he's absorbed.

Sun amped>>>normal>>>no sun for quite a while..

LordofBrooklyn
This plus what Galan said pretty much sums it up. If you're giving Superman dynamic strength due to some circumstances that had happened outside of his true power potential, then this needs to be shared for the other hero's as well...example, Thor.

"Outside of his true power potential"

What do you mean by this?

Show me the instances that define this statement.

quanchi112

Branlor Swift

carver9
"Outside of his true power potential"

What do you mean by this?

Show me the instances that define this statement.

I worded that wrong. It's within his potential, he JUST unleashed his true power, that's all. Doomsday was taking out those same probes by biting them. He bit one of their heads off. Dynamic strength didn't have a thing to do with that scene.

quanchi112
Quan, he was only pretending to be retarded.

It was a believable act though I trust people at their word. Broke back mountain should be taken at his word.

WW>>>>zillions of daxamites.

LordofBrooklyn
Quan, he was only pretending to be retarded.

It was a believable act though

I was having a Branlorism.

It happens.

carver9
I trust people at their word. Broke back mountain should be taken at his word.

laughing out loud

LordofBrooklyn
I trust people at their word. Broke back mountain should be taken at his word.

Take me or better yet the canon at its word.

How many Daxamites were killed by a single Imperiex probe as stated in OUR WORLDS AT WAR?

For someone of your limited intellect, I'll lessen the threshold.

Lets say a probe can kill 12 Daxamites. Superman easily smashes one of these probes using comprable abilities displayed by a Daxamite.

What tier would that place Superman in?

Don't let down, Branla, respond.

LordofBrooklyn
laughing out loud

1 Daxamite> 1,000 Hulks!

quanchi112

How many Daxamites were killed by a single Imperiex probe as stated in OUR WORLDS AT WAR?

Lets say a probe can kill 12 Daxamites. Superman easily smashes one of these probes using comprable abilities displayed by a Daxamite.

Don't let down, Branla, respond. WW can also kill them thus by your own logic it applies to her as well.

All happened off panel so no weight to the evidence.

I don't think the probes were that impressive at all. When push came to shove heroes wrecked them near the end of the arc. No different.

Branlor Swift

Don't let down, Branla, respond. So you go from joking to farther backing up your use of the feat to put Superman on a pedestal?

In essence you called the argument you're currently using retarded. laughing out loud

I was having a Branlorism.

It happens. I don't think you can pretend to be smart.

LordofBrooklyn
WW can also kill them thus by your own logic it applies to her as well.

All happened off panel so no weight to the evidence.

I don't think the probes were that impressive at all. When push came to shove heroes wrecked them near the end of the arc. No different.

I think you were too busy laughing and missed this.

Diana destroyed probes the way Superman did when the blocks were off?

Cite the instance in OUR WORLDS AT WAR.

leonidas
Imo, the cases in which Superman has been stated to have 'true' dynamic strength are so few that they could easily be considered the exception, not the rule.

i think this sums things up best. is there some evidence that indicates he gains strength based on stress levels or perceived threats? yes, there is some. it's printed right on panel in black and white. blatantly ignoring it seems nonsensical to me. now, you can attribute it to bad writing, call it pis, whatever. imo i do think his strength works differently from others, or that it does in the eyes of some writers. and if SOME writers think that way, it IS different because NO writers feel that same way about the majority of others. however, we need to see A LOT more before we start mentioning it in the same breath we mention hulk's strength. it needs to be black and white, and be more evidently ingrained into his powerset. there are rare times when that seems to be the case. due to the relative rarity though, we pretty much have to fall back on the side of 'cutting loose' most of the time. imo.

LordofBrooklyn
So you go from joking to farther backing up your use of the feat to put Superman on a pedestal?

In essence you called the argument you're currently using retarded. laughing out loud

I don't think you can pretend to be smart.

Aaah, stupidity mixed with arrogance, done only the way Branla can.

The POINT, is that if I allow for Quan's claim of my being serious, the argument still works.

If you reduce the number from the dubious 100,000 Daxamites and make it 12, it still pushes Superman into another tier given the feat.

If I were pretending to be you, how could intelligence possibly be a factor?

quanchi112
I think you were too busy laughing and missed this.

Cite the instance in OUR WORLDS AT WAR. It doesn't matter what the manner is. WW is more resourceful and can kill them far easier than the probes. When did we see the probe tanking daxamites strength ?

Your logic doesn't make sense. It's like you say random things and hope they stick to the wall. You don't even understand what you're saying here.

Branlor Swift
Aaah, stupidity mixed with arrogance, done only the way Branla can.

The POINT, is that if I allow for Quan's claim of my being serious, the argument still works.

If you reduce the number from the dubious 100,000 Daxamites and make it 12, it still pushes Superman into another tier given the feat.

If I were pretending to be you, how could intelligence possibly be a factor? What I said doesn't allow for stupidity to even exist in the post. So, yeah, way to get me there brokeback.

You just said you were joking about the argument though. Now you're going back and using it. You basically called your current argument retarded. Good job continuing to back it up though.
And what you ignored previously, this type of logic works for Zod, WW's lasso, Aquaman's trident, WW's shield, and a nuke amped Black Lightning.

Well, you'd certainly have to be smarter than the person who though Chris Weidman would loses to Anderson twice.

LordofBrooklyn
It doesn't matter what the manner is. WW is more resourceful and can kill them far easier than the probes. When did we see the probe tanking daxamites strength ?

Your logic doesn't make sense. It's like you say random things and hope they stick to the wall. You don't even understand what you're saying here.

You were talking nonsense and got caught.

Concede.

Superman smashed several probes with brute strength casually.

Diana never did that.

You tried to diminish the feat by citing Wonder Woman who doesn't have a comprable instance.

If the Punisher was armed with Radion and gunned down New Gods, that doesn't make it comprable to the way the Inifinity Man destroyed them.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE MANNER IS- Quan, the unwise

laughing out loud

quanchi112
You were talking nonsense and got caught.

Concede.

Superman smashed several probes with brute strength casually.

Diana never did that.

You tried to diminish the feat by citing Wonder Woman who doesn't have a comprable instance.

If the Punisher was armed with Radion and gunned down New Gods, that doesn't make it comprable to the way the Inifinity Man destroyed them.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE MANNER IS- Quan, the unwise

laughing out loud What did I say that was nonsensical ? Speak clearly and try to make a point.

So did Doomsday.

I never said she did but she defeated a probe which the daxamites weren't able to do in the masses to makes her more formidable than all of them by your own logic.

When did WW use weakness exploitation.

DD killed them just as easily as Superman with brute strength.

smile

LordofBrooklyn
What I said doesn't allow for stupidity to even exist in the post. So, yeah, way to get me there brokeback.

You just said you were joking about the argument though. Now you're going back and using it. You basically called your current argument retarded. Good job continuing to back it up though.
And what you ignored previously, this type of logic works for Zod, WW's lasso, Aquaman's trident, WW's shield, and a nuke amped Black Lightning.

Well, you'd certainly have to be smarter than the person who though Chris Weidman would loses to Anderson twice.

More ad hominems as your inablity to refute my argument continues.

Please, go on.

LordofBrooklyn

Simply show me how she destroyed the probe.

-Pr-
Well, this thread went well. Half of you are one bad post away from getting banned, so either cut it out, or just don't post to each other.

I'm not closing this yet, but It's getting to the point where I will.

quanchi112
Simply show me how she destroyed the probe. You just said she used weakness exploitation. Now you retort by asking me to post a scan.

laughing out loud

LordofBrooklyn
You just said she used weakness exploitation. Now you retort by asking me to post a scan.

laughing out loud

What is even funnier is that it has been stated and depicted on panel that Superman has dynamic strength.

Watching you dance in circles though is better than citing that fact.

P.S. Show Diana!

-Pr-
Originally posted by -Pr-
Well, this thread went well. Half of you are one bad post away from getting banned, so either cut it out, or just don't post to each other.

LordofBrooklyn

I'm just curious.

I'm not offended by anything that has been posted in this thread.

Did someone actually make a complaint?

Branlor Swift
More ad hominems as your inablity to refute my argument continues.

Please, go on. Are you pretending to be retarded again?

Also, you blatantly ignored previous arguments against you because you were "joking" (even though your jokes had nothing to do with Thor showing dynamic strength which you called ridiculous), and pretending to be retarded in what you called "Branlorism". Now you've rehashed them after insulting your own arguments.
It's quite funny actually. Desperation ensues. Continuing using an argument you applied to acting like me though.

But if you want to stop looking stupid against me, I'm sure looking dumb against Quan is favorable apparently.

-Pr-
I'm just curious.

Yes, actually, about one person in this thread. When I came in here though, I saw that it was more than one.

====

Either way, I honestly don't mind constructive discussion on the topic. Sin asked a reasonable question from her pov, but instead of people actually being on topic, they're sniping away, and that caused a backlash, and it stops here.

This thread isn't about whether Superman has dynamic strength or not. The question is, assuming he has, how great is it.

If you don't think he has, then say so and move on. Don't act like a petulant child throwing his rattle out of the pram because people don't agree with you.

So, people either get on topic, or I close it.

I don't even have to keep this open, as both Bada and I are perfectly happy keeping our own counsel.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by leonidas
i think this sums things up best. is there some evidence that indicates he gains strength based on stress levels or perceived threats? yes, there is some. it's printed right on panel in black and white. blatantly ignoring it seems nonsensical to me. now, you can attribute it to bad writing, call it pis, whatever. imo i do think his strength works differently from others, or that it does in the eyes of some writers. and if SOME writers think that way, it IS different because NO writers feel that same way about the majority of others. however, we need to see A LOT more before we start mentioning it in the same breath we mention hulk's strength. it needs to be black and white, and be more evidently ingrained into his powerset. there are rare times when that seems to be the case. due to the relative rarity though, we pretty much have to fall back on the side of 'cutting loose' most of the time. imo.

U and galan make excellent points however imo sm consistently has displayed an ability to tier jump under stress that cannot be denied.

Branlor Swift
Bah, my post took 5 minutes to actually post.

I assume I'm one bad post from getting high fived though.

-Pr-
Bah, my post took 5 minutes to actually post.

I assume I'm one bad post from getting high fived though.

You get a pass, obviously. You sexy beast, you.

carver9
I'm just curious.

Naah, you haven't offended me or anyone else in here imo. I think we all know you and your silliness.

LordofBrooklyn
Are you pretending to be retarded again?

Also, you blatantly ignored previous arguments against you because you were "joking" (even though your jokes had nothing to do with Thor showing dynamic strength which you called ridiculous), and pretending to be retarded in what you called "Branlorism". Now you've rehashed them after insulting your own arguments.
It's quite funny actually. Desperation ensues. Continuing using an argument you applied to acting like me though.

But if you want to stop looking stupid against me, I'm sure looking dumb against Quan is favorable apparently.

AGAIN, the instances you cited for Thor don't match what has been displayed for Superman.

Period.

I gave the exception to Warrior Madness as that Thor has a definitive leap in power.

Period.

You can keep posturing but the posts speak for themselves.

LordofBrooklyn
You get a pass, obviously. You sexy beast, you.

The next whiskey you taste, may be your last.

Just saying.

-Pr-
laughing out loud

Either way, guys, please be on topic. A bunch of you seriously are on really thin ice right now, and I never like seeing anyone banned.

carver9
Glad my ice is thick. North pole thick. Beyonce hips thick.

LordofBrooklyn
I think Superman posseses Dynamic strength.

I think it would max out somewhere in the trans area unamped.

-Pr-
Glad my ice is thick. North pole thick. Beyonce hips thick.

lol, She lost a lot of weight post-baby, you know.

Branlor Swift
You get a pass, obviously. You sexy beast, you. Oops, my pants just fell down.

AGAIN, the instances you cited for Thor don't match what has been displayed for Superman.

Period.

I gave the exception to Warrior Madness as that Thor has a definitive leap in power.

Period.

You can keep posturing but the posts speak for themselves. It's the same thing in Thor's case. Not bothering to even attempt to refute it doesn't mean it doesn't count. Though I agree the posts speak for themselves.

But anyway, on topic.

Hulk would win a test of strength. The guy can instantly amp to PakHulk afterwards. But Superman would win in higher tier feats. It's the same thing with most of the beings on this level. Hulk lacks the "abstract" feats, but he is stronger than the beings who have them.

celeyhyga17
lol, She lost a lot of weight post-baby, you know.
Still thick!

http://wpc.4d27.edgecastcdn.net/004D27/2014/Awards/2014Grammys/BeyonceMichaelCostello2014Grammys/Beyonce-Michael-Costello-2014-Grammy-Awards-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-1.jpg

LordofBrooklyn
It's the same thing in Thor's case. Not bothering to even attempt to refute it doesn't mean it doesn't count. Though I agree the posts speak for themselves.

While it was stated in BLOOD AND THUNDER that it wasn't true warrior madness, the way Thor easily defeated characters in his tier, and dealt with Thanos who is clearly above it shows he went up several tiers.

The characters involved and the setting allow for a clear appraisal of the increase in power.

The other instances still fall in the realm of average Thor doing the aforementioned "Comeback" that takes place in heroic fiction.

Branlor Swift
While it was stated in BLOOD AND THUNDER that it wasn't true warrior madness, the way Thor easily defeated characters in his tier, and dealt with Thanos who is clearly above it shows he went up several tiers.

The characters involved and the setting allow for a clear appraisal of the increase in power.

The other instances still fall in the realm of average Thor doing the aforementioned "Comeback" that takes place in heroic fiction. So... what you're saying is Blood and Thunder doesn't count because it showed Thor having dynamic strength, and Thor tearing through beings he had immense problems with is just a comeback?

laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus

The other instances still fall in the realm of average Thor doing the aforementioned "Comeback" that takes place in heroic fiction.

Lol, do you even know what you're saying here?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Regarding Thor and dynamic strength, I did a whole post on it at ICT when I was messing around with a particular Superman fan:
http://herochat.com/forum/index.php?topic=254887.msg4271306#msg4271306

Doesn't get any more dynamic then some of the examples I brought up. Have fun Carver!

-Pr-
Oops, my pants just fell down.

http://i.imgur.com/CVdky4y.gif

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Still thick!

http://wpc.4d27.edgecastcdn.net/004D27/2014/Awards/2014Grammys/BeyonceMichaelCostello2014Grammys/Beyonce-Michael-Costello-2014-Grammy-Awards-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-1.jpg

Not thick enough, and still thicker than carver's ice.

==============

Anyway, guys, seriously, get back on topic please.

Branlor Swift
http://i.imgur.com/CVdky4y.gif laughing out loud

carver9

laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

-Pr-
vin

abhilegend
So this doesn't means Superman has dynamic strength either?

Originally posted by abhilegend
Will do.
It does. Superman can become total human if he forgets his powers.

http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1987%20May%20Legends%20Apokolips%20Saga/02-%20Adventures%20of%20Superman%20426/?action=view&current=AdventuresOfSuperman426p05.jpg
http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1987%20May%20Legends%20Apokolips%20Saga/02-%20Adventures%20of%20Superman%20426/?action=view&current=AdventuresOfSuperman426p06.jpg

And his stats fluctuate with the belief in his powers.

http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1987%20May%20Legends%20Apokolips%20Saga/03%20Action%20Comics%20586/?action=view&current=ac_586_03.jpg
http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1987%20May%20Legends%20Apokolips%20Saga/03%20Action%20Comics%20586/?action=view&current=ac_586_04.jpg
http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1987%20May%20Legends%20Apokolips%20Saga/03%20Action%20Comics%20586/?action=view&current=ac_586_06.jpg

When darkseid says he's nearly as strong as him, he became just that strong.

http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1987%20May%20Legends%20Apokolips%20Saga/03%20Action%20Comics%20586/?action=view&current=ac_586_07.jpg
http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1987%20May%20Legends%20Apokolips%20Saga/03%20Action%20Comics%20586/?action=view&current=ac_586_08.jpg
http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1987%20May%20Legends%20Apokolips%20Saga/03%20Action%20Comics%20586/?action=view&current=ac_586_09.jpg

And when he is freed from mental control, he smacks Darkseid around like a two bit whore.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Battles/villains/darkseid/ActionComics586b.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Battles/villains/darkseid/ActionComics586c.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Battles/villains/darkseid/ActionComics586d.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Battles/villains/darkseid/ActionComics586e.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Battles/villains/darkseid/ActionComics586f.jpg

So superman can go from human to near darkseid level to above darkseid level based on his mental state.

Or being completely human and superman again by the belief in himself?

http://i.imgur.com/MKQ1Ln8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wTt6VdP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/321QZGM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/aYOvjh9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qLYmeLi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nte428S.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/k9g57uX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OMjhlBD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qlr27lk.jpg

abhilegend
Watch kids, Thor demonstrating his dynamic strength.

Ultimus oneshots Thor.

http://imageshack.us/a/img832/6681/zdlo.th.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img818/2892/jgac.th.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img832/3335/2mqk.th.jpg

<Thor> "You knocked me out once, but now I have your measure!"

http://imageshack.us/a/img28/3158/ffnr.th.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img594/8799/b8kr.th.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img35/8858/hpj1.th.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img11/9043/8li5.th.jpg

<Superma--err--Demon Druid> *knocks out Thor, again*

<Thor> :That's it, I'm going to pull out all the stop and fight you to a double KO with energy blasts and all that where Ultimus wakes up earlier"*

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844/r61v.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/sxo0.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/73x9.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/7e4r.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/nxdn.jpg/

Whew.

Thor's other equal Hercules didn't fare any better. Who came to the rescue and taught how to get the job done?

http://i.imgur.com/VEvDsv3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZjI2KRN.jpg

Why? Our good ol' captain america, who else? Hell of a dynamic factor Thor, you're almost as strong as Cap.

thumb up

Diesldude

laughing out loud

-Pr-
Abhi, your first post, while fine, doesn't excuse your second. Get on topic.

abhilegend
Abhi, your first post, while fine, doesn't excuse your second. Get on topic.
YES SIR!!!

Sin I AM
So this doesn't means Superman has dynamic strength either?

Or being completely human and superman again by the belief in himself?

http://i.imgur.com/MKQ1Ln8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wTt6VdP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/321QZGM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/aYOvjh9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qLYmeLi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nte428S.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/k9g57uX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OMjhlBD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qlr27lk.jpg

Has his strength ever been described as finite?

abhilegend
Has his strength ever been described as finite?
Incalculable? Yes.

http://i.imgur.com/sstlbJm.jpg

Look, it took all his strength just to retrieve highfather's staff. Later he tore a hole the size of a planet from the source wall.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_Superman-Batman0422008MinuteMen-DarthScanner017.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_Superman-Batman0422008MinuteMen-DarthScanner018.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_Superman-Batman0422008MinuteMen-DarthScanner021.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_Superman-Batman0422008MinuteMen-DarthScanner022.jpg

Going by what was said in this thread, that is a hell of a holding back factor, wouldn't you think? Compare a staff to a planet and a beast from some more random beasts, which is greater?

JBL
On topic. If superman and hulk have a test of strength, hulk would win without question in the strength amping area. Superman would stop holding back and use his full strength ( like he has done in plenty comics ) he would cap out the minute those blocks go down because he would give it his all. ( you would not be called peers with the likes of CM, BA and others by ALL the writers if you could Amp beyond them by willpower )

Now on the other hand, hulk is known by all writers to get stronger as his anger grows. This thread means that if superman and hulk stand face to face and start amping their strength be it anger or willpower, there is no contest period. We have seen an all out superman fight his peers and remained equal, but we have seen hulk fight his peers ( base ) and stronger characters only to see hulk surpass them in strength. If you cannot surpass your peers who are stated as your equal or very close in strength, then an answer is already given.

carver9
He has went all out against Adam, Wonder Woman, Doomsday, etc, and I didn't see a difference in power. Adam even withstood a punch from an all out Superman with no injuries.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
On topic. If superman and hulk have a test of strength, hulk would win without question in the strength amping area. Superman would stop holding back and use his full strength ( like he has done in plenty comics ) he would cap out the minute those blocks go down because he would give it his all. ( you would not be called peers with the likes of CM, BA and others by ALL the writers if you could Amp beyond them by willpower )

Now on the other hand, hulk is known by all writers to get stronger as his anger grows. This thread means that if superman and hulk stand face to face and start amping their strength be it anger or willpower, there is no contest period. We have seen an all out superman fight his peers and remained equal, but we have seen hulk fight his peers ( base ) and stronger characters only to see hulk surpass them in strength. If you cannot surpass your peers who are stated as your equal or very close in strength, then an answer is already given.

So if there was no one there to anger him (no one taunting him) and he was in a closed room without seeing his opponents...he won't be able to get to that level?

Plus, based on space cheese feats, Supes/Marvel have lifted the infinity book. As has Ultraman.

JBL
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So if there was no one there to anger him (no one taunting him) and he was in a closed room without seeing his opponents...he won't be able to get to that level?

Plus, based on space cheese feats, Supes/Marvel have lifted the infinity book. As has Ultraman. True but i assume the OP means that hulk can just start getting angry to benefit this thread. BTW, that book was the book of infinite pages, it somehow transformed into the book of infinite weight roll eyes (sarcastic) . lol. Good point though Dark.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
True but i assume the OP means that hulk can just start getting angry to benefit this thread. BTW, that book was the book of infinite pages, it somehow transformed into the book of infinite weight roll eyes (sarcastic) . lol. Good point though Dark.

Yah...I guess people (myself included) tried to apply real world logic to...a book that holds an infinite amount of pages.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Suckers!!! Big Thanosi is never subject to this.. me and PR are tight like a snuggie on a cold day.

-Pr-
So people are still trying to get around it by being sneaky.

Carver and JBL, be on topic, or don't post at all.

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Suckers!!! Big Thanosi is never subject to this.. me and PR are tight like a snuggie on a cold day.

I don't snuggie. sneer

Galan007
Incalculable? Yes.

http://i.imgur.com/sstlbJm.jpg The exact word used was "unimaginable", which is very subjective. Just saying...

KuRuPT Thanosi
You knwo abhi Galan.. he's the best at misrepresenting a scan or taking them out of context. Par for the course big G. I was out by you this last weekend bro.. how is life across the colorado?

Galan007
Nothing new, really... Just enjoying the weather.

abhilegend
The exact word used was "unimaginable", which is very subjective. Just saying...
Ah, yes.

Damn you and your funky ways.

uhuh

abhilegend
He has went all out against Adam, Wonder Woman, Doomsday, etc, and I didn't see a difference in power. Adam even withstood a punch from an all out Superman with no injuries.
That wasn't true last thousand times you said it and its not true here either. DOS flat out says that his strength increases as he holds back less and less.

Superman states that DD seemingly getting stronger:

http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/?action=view&current=ag_doomsday3_AoSM497_11.jpg

Which was confirmed here-- Doomsday has dynamic, increasing, rage-fueled strength:

http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1995%20-%20Doomsday%20Annual%20Year%20One/?action=view&current=DA1_35.jpg
http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1995%20-%20Doomsday%20Annual%20Year%20One/?action=view&current=DA1_36.jpg
http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1995%20-%20Doomsday%20Annual%20Year%20One/?action=view&current=DA1_37.jpg

DD was so far above the Class 100 Superman physically that he was hurting his fists on DD's skin:

http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/?action=view&current=ag_doomsdaySMAC648_18.jpg

When DD's got to Metropolis, Supes still was getting dominated and getting wrecked as an inferior--

http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/?action=view&current=Supermanv2075-09.jpghttp://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/?action=view&current=Supermanv2075-09.jpg
http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/?action=view&current=Supermanv2075-11.jpg

DD then directly threatens LOIS--and all out mode begins:

http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/?action=view&current=Supermanv2075-13.jpg
http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/?action=view&current=Supermanv2075-14.jpg
http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/?action=view&current=Supermanv2075-15.jpg
http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/?action=view&current=Supermanv2075-16.jpg
http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/?action=view&current=Supermanv2075-17.jpg
http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/?action=view&current=Supermanv2075-18.jpg

He truly hurts DD for the first time:

http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/?action=view&current=Supermanv2075-19.jpg
http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/?action=view&current=Supermanv2075-20.jpg
http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/?action=view&current=Supermanv2075-21.jpg
http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/?action=view&current=Supermanv2075-22.jpg

Even the NOVELIZATION acknowledged his dynamic holding back factor and all out mode:

http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/?action=view&current=DeathofSuperman-RogerSternNoveli-1.jpg
http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/?action=view&current=DeathofSuperman-RogerSternNovelisat.jpg

Oh yeah, and even his DEATH in DoS was due to his humanized mindset: causing him to think of hismelf as a mortal man:

http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1993%20Jan%20-%20Adventures%20500%20-/?action=view&current=week11-1993-Adv_Supes-500-38.jpg

http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1993%20Jan%20-%20Adventures%20500%20-/?action=view&current=week11-1993-Adv_Supes-500-39.jpg

Somebody explain this to me, Superman went from hurting his hands on DD to killing him in mere moments and that's not an increase in strength?

As for Black Adam.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_AC831VSBLACKADAM3.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_AC831VSBLACKADAM4.jpg

He stated that he doesn't have to hold back as much as he does against humans. But when Adam truly made him angry and he had another gear to go to.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_AC831VSBLACKADAM8.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_AC831VSBLACKADAM9.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_AC831VSBLACKADAM10.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_AC831VSBLACKADAM11.jpg

Adam folded like a cheap hooker and he knew that punch was going to end that fight.

Cry more carter and JBL.

psycho gundam
that little guy with the superman tinted glasses is abhi

abhilegend
Originally posted by psycho gundam
that little guy with the superman tinted glasses is abhi
You..........you found me?

*plotting your murder now*

Sin I AM
I dont agree with that assessment of the ba incident abhi

abhilegend
I dont agree with that assessment of the ba incident abhi
Cool. Adam agreed with it though, its also clear to anybody with a brain that Superman wasn't going all out against Adam earlier.

Rao Kal El
Is not only his physical strength but all his stats increase or decrease because of the psionic nature of his powers, it is mostly portrayed on his strength, but it has also been shown on his invulnerabilty.

Pillow Biter
This is comics. Not everything is consistent, and you can't reconcile every showing or writer.

Superman has had some kind of dynamic strength under enough writers that it needs to be considered. However, he doesn't seem to have it--or it isn't used--in many other cases. Even the exact mechanism of his dynamic power levels is inconsistent.

So we cannot say Superman always has psionically-derived, dynamic power levels under every writer. Nor can we say he does not have dynamic strength just because when he faces people like Captain Marvel it doesn't tend to show up. Does this make Superman difficult to rate in a battle board fight? Absolutely. But sometimes the truth is complicated.

Sin I AM
Cool. Adam agreed with it though, its also clear to anybody with a brain that Superman wasn't going all out against Adam earlier.

No he did not. Your reaching.

-Pr-
So is this going to stay off topic? Should I just close it now?

Sin I AM
So is this going to stay off topic? Should I just close it now?

Off topic?

abhilegend
No he did not. Your reaching.
Of course he did. Why would he move his back to a charging superman conceding that it would be the end of the fight?

Brockalizer
Logically Superman's mental blocks would only apply in fights and situations where civilians or opponents could be killed if he didn't exercise some restraint. In a situation that would require pure strength, not physical violence i.e stopping a meteor, or rocket, freeing himself from captivity etc it would make no sense logically to not give it his best.

Sin I AM
Of course he did. Why would he move his back to a charging superman conceding that it would be the end of the fight?

BA didn't even want to fight. Superman played into his hands

abhilegend
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Logically Superman's mental blocks would only apply in fights and situations where civilians or opponents could be killed if he didn't exercise some restraint. In a situation that would require pure strength, not physical violence i.e stopping a meteor, or rocket, freeing himself from captivity etc it would make no sense logically to not give it his best.
Read the scan carefully here.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Misc/Dynamic%20Nature%20Examples/Misc/JLACLASSIFIED32-PG06.jpg

Its called "subconsciously" holding back. Superman consciously can't break those blocks.

abhilegend
BA didn't even want to fight. Superman played into his hands
At first he didn't want to fight him. That wasn't the case when he stopped superman from leaving the city center. Adam wanted no part of superman when he fully went all out and superman was pretty confident that punch would finish the fight and he knows Marvels better than anyone in DCU.

Brockalizer
Read the scan carefully here.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Misc/Dynamic%20Nature%20Examples/Misc/JLACLASSIFIED32-PG06.jpg

Its called "subconsciously" holding back. Superman consciously can't break those blocks. I'm not denying that he does, I'm just stating that doing so in almost every circumstance makes no sense logically. Superman is famous for being the defender of those that can't defend themselves and being a champion of truth and justice. He has sworn to use his power to be a defender, not an executioner. That being said, think back to Hunter/Prey. There was a situation that involved Hank Henshaw launching missiles( in an effort to destroy the food supply of the citizens of Apokalypse) IIRC. He should've been able to stop those missiles without any collateral damage had he simply tapped his full potential. How do the citizens of Apokalypse benefit by Superman holding back and not using his full potential?

carver9
Wait a minute. Didn't Superman lose his psionic abilities and his powers actually came from him instead of it coming from a psionic power source? This was confirmed some yrs back. How does the Superman fans not know this?

LordofBrooklyn
Wait a minute. Didn't Superman lose his psionic abilities and his powers actually came from him instead of it coming from a psionic power source? This was confirmed some yrs back. How does the Superman fans not know this?

Explain yourself and The House of El will enlighten you.

carver9
Edit.

LordofBrooklyn
It's simple. You know that psionic force field that use to be around his body, protecting him from injury, he didn't have that anymore. You know the psionic powers he had that aided in him lifting things without it crushing under it's own weight, he lost that as well. All of his powers came from him/the sun (always came from the sun), he lost that psionic ability. His durability was his without aid, his strength, speed wad his without aid. Nothing was psionic about his powers during a certain time period/the end of DCU. Like I've said, can't believe the Supe fans are unaware of this.

You are conflating 2 ideas.

The tactile telekinesis concept was something Byrne attached to the characters to give a scientific explanation to his feats. In particular how he could stop buildings from falling without them crumbling under the stress or a plane without it folding up.

That is entirely different than the mental blocks that are being refered to here.

carver9
You are conflating 2 ideas.

The tactile telekinesis concept was something Byrne attached to the characters to give a scientific explanation to his feats. In particular how he could stop buildings from falling without them crumbling under the stress or a plane

without it folding up.

That is entirely different than the mental blocks that are being refered to here.

You are correct. I was using them as one of the same. Please disregard, I just woke up.

LordofBrooklyn
You are correct. I was using them as one of the same. Please disregard, I just woke up.

I absolve you of your offense against the House of El....

This time!

carver9
I absolve you of your offense against the House of El....

This time!

Lol. I think you should join the 'gamma church'. It's becoming more powerful by the second.

LordofBrooklyn
Lol. I think you should join the 'gamma church'. It's becoming more powerful by the second.

I hereby WITHDRAW your absolution!

-Pr-
Off topic?

I thought your opening post was about, assuming he had dynamic strength, how much did he have.

Not if he had it at all.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>