What's going to happen to the Hunger Games Mockingjay?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
It's reported that Philip Seymour Hoffman has recently past away, even though they haven't yet finished working on the Hunger Games 3 & 4, so what I wonder is, what's going to happen with the character he plays in the next Hunger Games film? Will they recast him? Or does he not appear in the next book? What will happen? What will they do if they've already filmed scenes with him in, but haven't finished? Does anyone have ideas?

Kazenji
There won't be a 4th one

the 3rd one will be split into two parts, Also go to IMDB.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Kazenji
There won't be a 4th one

the 3rd one will be split into two parts, Also go to IMDB.

I know that the third book is being split into 2 parts, therefore it's being made into 2 films, therefore meaning that there'll be both a 3rd & a 4th film.

LeonBuco666
No, therefore there will be a 3rd film with a part 1 & 2. Same film.

COG Veteran
I don't know what y'all are talking about, I've rechecked the movie plans and there are two movies set. Someone wanna enlighten me on what I'm supposedly missing?

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by COG Veteran
I don't know what y'all are talking about, I've rechecked the movie plans and there are two movies set. Someone wanna enlighten me on what I'm supposedly missing?
There is 2 films left to be made, but they're taken from the one book, so the third part of the Hunger Games trilogy is being split into 2 parts.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
No, therefore there will be a 3rd film with a part 1 & 2. Same film.
Well, the first 2 are also parts of one big story really aren't they?

It's still 2 films, even though it's from the one book.

C-3POTheClever
Anyway, no one's really answered my question yet? Weather it's 1 or 2 left, doesn't really have any relevance to what I was asking.

LeonBuco666
He apprently only had like a week left of shooting so they can still finish the film using CGI.

COG Veteran
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
There is 2 films left to be made, but they're taken from the one book, so the third part of the Hunger Games trilogy is being split into 2 parts.
Yes, that's what is was getting at. IDK what the other guys were saying about it being one film.

He apprently only had like a week left of shooting so they can still finish the film using CGI.
I think they might just pull a "Brandon Lee" on that scene. How would they CGI him in there? Motion capture?

LeonBuco666
I duno, they can pull it off somehow, they have done it with Paul Walker in Fast 7, Brandon Lee and heath ledger.
True, the death of an actor who is obviously very much a major role in a movie dies, is a huge **** up for the movie..but like others its been dealt with in some way or another...CGI...Digitally Imposing faces...reshooting minor scenes or just removing the character or recasting..which obviously isnt an option in this case...but it will be dealt with.

C-3POTheClever
I duno, they can pull it off somehow, they have done it with Paul Walker in Fast 7, Brandon Lee and heath ledger.
True, the death of an actor who is obviously very much a major role in a movie dies, is a huge **** up for the movie..but like others its been dealt with in some way or another...CGI...Digitally Imposing faces...reshooting minor scenes or just removing the character or recasting..which obviously isnt an option in this case...but it will be dealt with.
I didn't know that was done with Heather Ledger. Maybe they could get away with a bit of CG. I'm interested to see how they handle this.

LeonBuco666
They done it with Heath in The Dark Knight, it will be interesting too see, though, I have an itch it might very well go to shit.

COG Veteran
To answer your original question 3-CPO, Phillip Hoffman will be digitally created for his unfinished scene.

http://screenrant.com/philip-seymour-hoffman-mockingjay-part-2-scenes-finished-digital-double/

Kazenji
Originally posted by COG Veteran
Yes, that's what is was getting at. IDK what the other guys were saying about it being one film.

Never heard of Kill Bill?

that too was one film split up into two parts.

Supra

lmao, your so mean to people.

COG Veteran

Still two films. Thats what I was getting at.

deloreshavens
I still think that 4th part will continue because people will make it happen

ski tours

siriuswriter
I've heard pretty definitively that he had one scene left, and that they'll be giving it to another character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.