Fate Stay Night remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
This fall will bring us the remake of an anime that had lots of potential but ultimately failed to deliver on all fronts: Fate Stay Night. From the studio that brought us Fate Zero. FZ was 10 times better than FSN and it is one of my top 5 anime of all time. It had amazing fight scenes, animation and a pretty good mature story. I can't wait to see what Ufotable will do with Fate Stay Night. Needless to say I'd say its safe to say it will be 2 times better than the original series and I want to see how much fan service(not-that kind mind you) and tie-ins to Fate Zero we will get.

pbRkCgAgVy0

droolio

Edit Supposedly it is going to be some sort of 4th route.

TheTyrant
That's good. The original Fate/stay night anime adaptation was utter trash tbh.

Zack Fair
Agreed. Only reason I got through to the end was the Fate Zero hype.

TheTyrant
http://31.media.tumblr.com/cc91bdd1666d9bc4dd381e72855f9a4a/tumblr_n438bnubQS1sjvh6ko1_1280.jpg

hype

Zack Fair
indeed. Hype. Cannot wait.

skiiVJ1M8Ns

TheTyrant
http://i.imgur.com/d0OX2FA.gif

Hype.

NemeBro
So this means I won't have to suffer through a sub-par adaptation once FinalAnswer and I finish Fate Zero?

Good.

Alexander the Great is best servant though.

Zack Fair
Broskander for the win thumb up

I think the first episode is up. I have yet to see it.

Zack Fair
Ufotable is KING.

Badass prologue episode. Already better than any fight scene in the original anime.

TRACE ON MOTHER ****ers!

wakkawakkawakka
So I wonder if Ufotable will magically make Shiro less of a generic little shit.

As for being being better than the original, that's not really saying much but the animation was top notch.

Though a part of me is a tad disappointed that they went for UBW instead of HF.

Zack Fair
Same here. I wanted Heaven's feel, but totally dig UBW tho. That route deserved a series. I think they will still go for heaven's feel if their work continues to be critically acclaimed.

Zack Fair
I also like how they used Rin to tie UBW with Fate Zero. Also really into the exploration of Rin and Archer's relationship. The more I think about it the more I like it.

wakkawakkawakka
I like that too. In fact the only real problem I'm having with this is that, while in a very mediocre adaptation, I've seen it before whereas Fate Zero was fresh off the line: at least that's my take on it.

NemeBro
Finished the first season of Fate Zero.

Really liking it, should I get mad hype for Fate Stay Night? Is it as good!?

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by NemeBro

Really liking it, should I get mad hype for Fate Stay Night? Is it as good!?

Pfft...while the remake shows promise, I wouldn't get any hopes up for dealing with its main lead. Zack knows what I mean.

Though Fate Zero should continue to impress at the pace you're going at.

wakkawakkawakka
Did anyone else catch the episode of Fate Stay night that came out. Dat animation was dope.

Zack Fair
Tell me you guys saw the first episode... I never thought Ufotable could beat the animation for their fight scene between Saber and Lancer in Fate Zero but I will be damned. That was the most awesome shit I've seen in years.

I was left speechless.

wakkawakkawakka
Now all Ufotable has to do is make sure Shiro is bearable throughout this adaptation. Though now I really want to know how Ufotable is affording all of this AAA animation? This was even better than Lancer vs Archer last week IMO.

Zack Fair
Ufotable has a habit of blowing up their budget on the first fight scenes(happened in Zero and Blast of Tempest) so we might get lower end scenes down the line.

I'm hoping that ain't the case though, and that they simply decided to go balls deep into being awesome. I'[d like to think they are just really, really into this adaptation. Certainly looks like it. Feels like movie quality.

True about Shirou. I'm thinking they will make him more bearable. He was not that bad in the UBW movie/path. He was certainly more badass.

Man...Saber is so epic. Love how she is all action.

Zack Fair

Really liking it, should I get mad hype for Fate Stay Night? Is it as good!? Season 1 ended when the kings unite to have diner and discuss their ideologies, right? One of my favorite episodes right there. Seeing them all peacefully interact and exchange views. Coupled with the reveal of Alexander's phenomenal Noble Phatasm. thumb up

The new showis looking very promising thus far. Top notch animation, pace and everything feels coherent(only 2 episodes thus far, but it feels that way to me) I think you will like it if you like Zero.

Tl;dr: GET HYPED.

wakkawakkawakka
I can't believe I overlooked the new concerning Ufotable making a Heaven's Feel movie. Shucks I feel out the loop for not noticing that sooner.

RaventheOnly
I don't know; Zero had multiple high budget later fights that were amazing. Like Saber/Berserker and Rider/Caster/Saber. Lancer just has that hazy weapon animation that makes it look cool in both versions of lancer in Zero and Night.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by RaventheOnly
I don't know; Zero had multiple high budget later fights that were amazing. Like Saber/Berserker and Rider/Caster/Saber. Lancer just has that hazy weapon animation that makes it look cool in both versions of lancer in Zero and Night. They took a break to allow for more budget and time for animations. Not saying the later fight scenes were bad, on the contrary they were good. They should have focused more on Kiritsugu's and Kirei's match though. It looked to me like the servant fight got all the love. Still a cool fight tho.

Either way I'm all in. They don't need to make every fight as cool and or awesome as these 2 we've had, but if they do then...DAMN.

NemeBro
Finished Fate/Zero. Pretty great all things considered.

Watched the first episode of this. So it covers Unlimited Blade Works and not Fate?

wakkawakkawakka
Finished Fate/Zero. Pretty great all things considered.

Watched the first episode of this. So it covers Unlimited Blade Works and not Fate?

What does that mean? no expression

Oh and yeah this covers UBW which I consider a good thing since the Fate route is generally seen as the worst of the 3 primary routes.

NemeBro
What does what mean?

That may be true, but it's also the one which focuses on mai waifu the most, isn't it?

wakkawakkawakka
You said all things considered? Just curious as to what that meant.

That is indeed true. Then there's Shiro...no expression

Zack Fair
So pumped for tomorrow's release woot

Wonder if the episode will be 40 minutes long or if it will settle back to the 20 minutes standard. Thinking that is what will happen.

Zack Fair
Much much Rage.

Can't wait another week. ANGER.FURY. DEATH

wakkawakkawakka
Info dump episode yay.

Though this is my personal take on it but couldn't Kiritsugu have taught Shiro to dress better or leave some suits behind? Dude looks hella plain.

Zack Fair
He should have taught him every killingstrat he knew >.>

NemeBro
Why would someone who no longer believes in being a hero of justice train Shirou to be one?

Zack Fair
I dunno.

Just want more Kiritsugu style trolling

wakkawakkawakka
I just wanted to see some more of day assassin swag. Kiritsugu leaving his kid looking all shabby...shame.

ares834
So just watched the first three episodes. Pretty great so far. Loved seeing Arthur wreck some shit.

Still, kinda funny how massive of a tone difference it has from Zero.

Zack Fair
Action packed episode. Totally digging this. Saber keeps on being the biggest badass.

Lek Kuen
Curious, how accurate is this to the Visual Novel?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Curious, how accurate is this to the Visual Novel? No idea. You could watch the novel on youtube tho.

Lek Kuen
I have it.

NemeBro
Surprised to see that Saber basically beat Berserker. I heard he was the strongest Servant summoned this war.

wakkawakkawakka
According to stats n stuff Berserker is the strongest servant with the best master but apparently Excalibur can mess anyone up if it hits.

Kick ass action packed episode. Now if only Saber had her suits

Zack Fair
Surprised to see that Saber basically beat Berserker. I heard he was the strongest Servant summoned this war. He is. You could say she managed to win a round, but it looked like Berserker was about to go to town before Psycho Loli decided to leave

Zack Fair
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
According to stats n stuff Berserker is the strongest servant with the best master but apparently Excalibur can mess anyone up if it hits.

Kick ass action packed episode. Now if only Saber had her suits Excalibur is an anti-fortress noble phantasm. Of course it will **** anyone up. I'm surprised she used it so soon, but given the circumstances and the opponent I guess she had no other option. Now we will have to see how she goes the rest of the show. I'm thinking they will use that Mini excalibur as an excuse to weaken/cripple/plot device her out of spamming it at everyone. Especially with Shirou's shitty stats as a master

wakkawakkawakka
Well I guess they had to slow things down after the awesomeness of last week's episode. Some simple build-up to Caster's reveal & high school hi-jinks.

NemeBro
Shirou is actually a little terrifying in his utter lack of ****s given toward life-threatening situations. Or toward much of anything, really.

He actually reminds me of Kirei a little.

vansonbee
He is brave, but its hard to relate to him. I would be pissing my pants with a wound like that. Cool nevertheless!

Poor Rin friend, the first victim. Rider was hot, with a little milf in her. XD

wakkawakkawakka
I still don't care for Shiro but it appears I'm the minority in this case.

Hmm...don't remember Rider being this hot but it works.

FinalAnswer
Shiro doesn't give a ****.

Zack Fair
Great episode. Ufotable continues to impress and up stakes/quality.

This is quickly becoming my #1 anime. So pumped for the releases.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I still don't care for Shiro but it appears I'm the minority in this case.

Hmm...don't remember Rider being this hot but it works. Rider was always super hot and sexy droolio

wakkawakkawakka
Wonder if the Blu-Ray's are going to be just as expensive as Fate/Zero.

Oh and yeah I know Rider's hot but it seemed to me that Ufotable made her hotter somehow. It might be my imagination.

wakkawakkawakka
Wow the Tsundere was strong in this episode. Oh and no more Rider

Zack Fair
N-VFSS9EUoY

So hyped the season break is over.

Zack Fair
fuq

N-VFSS9EUoY

RaventheOnly
The ships have sailed stick out tongue

wakkawakkawakka
We got some nice canon-filler back story for Caster this week.

Also I'm not legit curious as to whether or not Ufotable just has access to a pot of gold for their animation

Zack Fair
Ufotable are cruel. Making us wait another week. GOD **** IT

trexalfa
Shirou is actually a little terrifying in his utter lack of ****s given toward life-threatening situations. Or toward much of anything, really.

He actually reminds me of Kirei a little.

SPOILERS BELOW!

He actually was compared to Kirei at the end of Heaven's Feel, after the priest actually got some character development and his motivations evolved beyond those in Zero.

All in all, I feel Heaven's Feel should have gotten the adaptation to anime, instead of been made as an OVA. It was the darkest route, and for me the best one. As a sequel to Fate/Zero it's the one which works the best, as it's the route that reveals more info. Yeah, UBW gets hyped up because it develops Archer the most and does it actively (Heaven's Feel did so through implications and hints), and I also feel it's getting adapted because Gilgamesh got to shine, while in Heaven's Feel...

Zack Fair
Originally posted by trexalfa
SPOILERS BELOW!

He actually was compared to Kirei at the end of Heaven's Feel, after the priest actually got some character development and his motivations evolved beyond those in Zero.

All in all, I feel Heaven's Feel should have gotten the adaptation to anime, instead of been made as an OVA. It was the darkest route, and for me the best one. As a sequel to Fate/Zero it's the one which works the best, as it's the route that reveals more info. Yeah, UBW gets hyped up because it develops Archer the most and does it actively (Heaven's Feel did so through implications and hints), and I also feel it's getting adapted because Gilgamesh got to shine, while in Heaven's Feel... I think they will definitely work on Heaven's Feel. They getting lots of rep and love for their work in the current series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.