DoomsDay VS The Flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eternalfury
DoomsDay

VS

The Flash

Who wins.....

carver9
Wonder why people didn't reply to this thread?

Stoic
Originally posted by carver9
Wonder why people didn't reply to this thread?

Because comic book Flash would get owned, while forum Flash can only be beaten by a reality warper that starts out with an impenetrable force field. Just joking... Or am I?

Magic Joe
Originally posted by Stoic
Because comic book Flash would get owned, while forum Flash can only be beaten by a reality warper that starts out with an impenetrable force field. Just joking... Or am I?

Nope. You're right on point.

Board Walker
Well even if a high reality warper started wight a impenetrable force field, Flash could then just steal the kinetic enegry of that force field. As the energy between each molecule, cork, is reduced to 0 then the force field itself will no longer exist. At this point the reality warper within is now surrounded by an encompassing area of matter at absolute zero, this then means that the matter around them will be pulling the kinetic energy from the reality warper to achieve homeostasis with the environment.

The very base energy that allows the reality warper to think, ponder, to will change is then also reduced to absolute zero rendering all null and void.

The Flash accomplishes this before the reality warper can even perceive reality, and if this is Zoom then it happens before the fight even begins.

Stoic
Originally posted by Board Walker
Well even if a high reality warper started wight a impenetrable force field, Flash could then just steal the kinetic enegry of that force field. As the energy between each molecule, cork, is reduced to 0 then the force field itself will no longer exist. At this point the reality warper within is now surrounded by an encompassing area of matter at absolute zero, this then means that the matter around them will be pulling the kinetic energy from the reality warper to achieve homeostasis with the environment.

The very base energy that allows the reality warper to think, ponder, to will change is then also reduced to absolute zero rendering all null and void.

The Flash accomplishes this before the reality warper can even perceive reality, and if this is Zoom then it happens before the fight even begins.

So there it is. Flash stomps on all. Even reality is no match for the speedster in a forum setting. can Goku stop this force? Nope... Superman? Hell naw. The JLA and Avengers... Nope. Even Galactus, would find himself stuck in cosmic gizz while in battle with the Flash. He's the champ. Now all we need is for the Mods to ban his creepy ass from forum battles, and we won't ever have to argue about him again,

carver9
Flash isn't as powerful as people make him out to be.

Stoic
Flash isn't as powerful as people make him out to be.

Ok so name one hero that would not be stuck in time while doing battle with him at his best. When I say his best, I mean when he is literally moving so fast that he becomes the very air that you breathe. As in him being everywhere at once. just name one Herald that could contend with that type of speed. Yep I didn't think you could. To top it off he is protected by the Speed Force while he is in motion. So you may be correct, the Flash isn't that powerful, but the Speed Force is.

leonidas
i like flash a lot, but he should be banned from forum fights. OR, he should only be allowed to be used as he would be in a comic. dd crushes him btw.

Branlor Swift
This forum is completely and utterly retarded when it comes to Flash related characters. There isn't even high feats being used at this point, it's just random things people made up.

Lol at stoic saying Galactus would lose to Flash though in another thread. Yes, the guy who moves quickly would beat the guy who trapped Sphinx in a never ending time loop of ancient Egypt.

And Doomsday wins 10/10.

leonidas
thumb up

Magic Joe
Bran for forum president.

carver9
Can someone answer something for me...what top tier has Flash defeated on his own? Bran is the best. I hate going against the guy.

Mindset
Can someone answer something for me...what top tier has Flash defeated on his own? Bran is the best. I hate going against the guy. Galactus.

Stoic
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
This forum is completely and utterly retarded when it comes to Flash related characters. There isn't even high feats being used at this point, it's just random things people made up.

Lol at stoic saying Galactus would lose to Flash though in another thread. Yes, the guy who moves quickly would beat the guy who trapped Sphinx in a never ending time loop of ancient Egypt.

And Doomsday wins 10/10.

Hey I'm just going by the utterly retarded remarks that I've read on this forum in regards to the Flash and his epic speed. Who needs feets... whoops feats, when you have that kind of speed?

My guess to why Flash type characters are so hard to argue is due to their accumulative effects over time. It's always a good argument, and one that is often very difficult to counter. Even with snide remarks like yours. That was a snide remark correct? Yeah I'm talking at you Bran.

Revelation64
Flash would win

Magic Joe
Originally posted by Revelation64
Flash would win

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stoic
Originally posted by Magic Joe
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah I get it OK. I Get It.

Branlor Swift
Hey I'm just going by the utterly retarded remarks that I've read on this forum in regards to the Flash and his epic speed. Who needs feets... whoops feats, when you have that kind of speed?

My guess to why Flash type characters are so hard to argue is due to their accumulative effects over time. It's always a good argument, and one that is often very difficult to counter. Even with snide remarks like yours. That was a snide remark correct? Yeah I'm talking at you Bran. Yes using retarded arguments as your own basis is the way to go.

You mean the guys who have been beaten by nearly everyone in DC? They are difficult to argue against? Or is it all the completely made up feats and instances that are difficult to argue against? Flash has potential, good for him. So does every other character in comics. If we ground every other character around what's happened in comics, naturally Flash should be exempt. Right?

Snide remark? How so? It's not very snide to say that your arguments involving Flash today have amounted to a giant piece of stool. And if you're actually serious about anything that you said in the Galactus thread then your opinions regarding Flash are not to be taken with a grain of salt in any thread.

And even worse is that Doomsday made Flash look like a street leveler in comics. But let's go ahead and discuss the merits of how close this fight is because of how "forum" this place is.

Revelation64
Originally posted by Magic Joe
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Couldnt Flash just steal his speed?

Magic Joe
Couldnt Flash just steal his speed?

Has he used that maneuver as of late ?

carver9
Flash rarely if ever use that move. Don't know why these type of things only apply to Flash but when debating characters like Surfer (who would piss on Flash if we used all of his showings), arguments like this gets exempted.

Branlor Swift
You might as well bring up "Tee Voh"

-Pr-
Flash rarely if ever use that move. Don't know why these type of things only apply to Flash but when debating characters like Surfer (who would piss on Flash if we used all of his showings), arguments like this gets exempted.

lol, no.

Stoic
Yes using retarded arguments as your own basis is the way to go.

You mean the guys who have been beaten by nearly everyone in DC? They are difficult to argue against? Or is it all the completely made up feats and instances that are difficult to argue against? Flash has potential, good for him. So does every other character in comics. If we ground every other character around what's happened in comics, naturally Flash should be exempt. Right?

Snide remark? How so? It's not very snide to say that your arguments involving Flash today have amounted to a giant piece of stool. And if you're actually serious about anything that you said in the Galactus thread then your opinions regarding Flash are not to be taken with a grain of salt in any thread.

And even worse is that Doomsday made Flash look like a street leveler in comics. But let's go ahead and discuss the merits of how close this fight is because of how "forum" this place is.

Wrong again. I was making an example, you simply didn't see my angle. So in essence everything that you just wrote was basically for nothing, because I actually agree with you. It's really hard to convey ones true feelings in a blog. I was going off of the many arguments launched throughout this forum regarding speedsters. Your best bet is to ask before leaping, or you may be the one sitting in the stool so to speak.

Branlor Swift
Wrong again. I was making an example, you simply didn't see my angle. So in essence everything that you just wrote was basically for nothing, because I actually agree with you. It's really hard to convey ones true feelings in a blog. I was going off of the many arguments launched throughout this forum regarding speedsters. Your best bet is to ask before leaping, or you may be the one sitting in the stool so to speak. You were "pretending" to be retarded because you got butthurt about Flash. That still doesn't change things like this:

Now all we need is for the Mods to ban his creepy ass from forum battles, and we won't ever have to argue about him again,
Ok so name one hero that would not be stuck in time while doing battle with him at his best. When I say his best, I mean when he is literally moving so fast that he becomes the very air that you breathe. As in him being everywhere at once. just name one Herald that could contend with that type of speed. Yep I didn't think you could. To top it off he is protected by the Speed Force while he is in motion. So you may be correct, the Flash isn't that powerful, but the Speed Force is.
Who needs feets... whoops feats, when you have that kind of speed?

My guess to why Flash type characters are so hard to argue is due to their accumulative effects over time. It's always a good argument, and one that is often very difficult to counter.
Not if he were stuck in time. In essence Galactus would lose before he every realized that he was in a fight. micro seconds would become years for him. The Flash is a character that is very hard to argue against.
Can you give me examples where Galactus has done this? Let's begin with the Time Gem if you want to. Tell me how he would or has shown more control over time than that gem. Also the Flash isn't really a time manip, he just would get there way before Galactus could do anything about it. Don't just tell me about how Galactus would stop someone billions of time faster than he is, show me, and give me some concrete examples, because up til now, i am in doubt that he would be able to do anything other than wonder what exactly was beating the mess out of him while standing there stupefied. That of course is just the Flash, you will also have to launch a separate argument for Zoom.
Is Galactus more powerful than the Speed Force alone is what people should ask themselves before jumping on the denial train.

Quite the angle. Asking for feats of Galactus, and talking about how difficult Flash is to argue about on a forum fight, and how hard it is to counter speed. You basically admit he has the "potential" people speak of when you talk of speed and how hard it is to argue against him.
Because talking about how difficult it is to counter Flash's speed is an angle.

"I want Galactus to win, but the Flash is so difficult to argue against, so I'm going to make a bunch of paragraphs about how Galactus can't win"

Let me sympathize with your inability to disprove the legendary Flash, so you must mime others in a hope to either build a case, or fall for the hype.

Stoic
You were "pretending" to be retarded because you got butthurt about Flash. That still doesn't change things like this:

Quite the angle. Asking for feats of Galactus, and talking about how difficult Flash is to argue about on a forum fight, and how hard it is to counter speed. You basically admit he has the "potential" people speak of when you talk of speed and how hard it is to argue against him.

"I want Galactus to win, but the Flash is so difficult to argue against, so I'm going to make a bunch of paragraphs about how Galactus can't win"

Let me sympathize with your inability to disprove the legendary Flash, so you must mime others in a hope to either build a case, or fall for the hype.

Don't be ridiculous, I've sat back and seen the arguments of the past in support of the Flash, these are things/points that I brought up. However I did not see you bring up anyone else's argument on the subject. one poster went as far as to turn this into a scientific debate on how he Flash would steal speed from his opponent, but again you failed to say anything about this. Wonder why that is? Also let's not pretend like you give a rats ass about the subject, because we both know that you don't.

So my question here to you is why is it that you said nothing about those posts, and came after me and still continue to do so after I told you what I did? My first statement on the subject was that in a comic, the Flash gets owned, while in a forum he's hard to argue. i see that you ignored that, and simply went the ignorant route.

So can you explain why that is?

Branlor Swift
Don't be ridiculous, I've sat back and seen the arguments of the past in support of the Flash, these are things/points that I brought up. However I did not see you bring up anyone else's argument on the subject. one poster went as far as to turn this into a scientific debate on how he Flash would steal speed from his opponent, but again you failed to say anything about this. Wonder why that is? Also let's not pretend like you give a rats ass about the subject, because we both know that you don't.

So my question here to you is why is it that you said nothing about those posts, and came after me and still continue to do so after I told you what I did? My first statement on the subject was that in a comic, the Flash gets owned, while in a forum he's hard to argue. i see that you ignored that, and simply went the ignorant route.

So can you explain why that is? Because you're the only one who isn't a complete lunatic. Board Walker who you're referring to has lost all semblance of sanity in its feeble brain that it's pointless to even try and respond to. The rest are socks, or just as out of control. But yes, let me argue with revalation64 though because he is totally legit.

But see, that's the thing, forum Flash isn't hard to argue and that's my entire point. The mere fact that you agree with that still brings me back to my posts, and if you agree with the whole "Forum Flash" thing, then that lends credence to the idea that perhaps he could actually beat a Galactus or someone similar. If you can now see my issues with your statements.
Forum Flash is as baseless as the made up claims he's based on in reality.

Anyway, Doomsday has already adapted to a "timestop" of sorts, so the speed stealing issue is non existent. Doomsday has already knocked the shit out of Flash, so he could react to him. And Flash is severely lacking in feats (outside one) showing him capable of even damaging Doomsday, so there's another.
Flash has no chance here, potential or otherwise.

carver9
Because you're the only one who isn't a complete lunatic. Board Walker who you're referring to has lost all semblance of sanity in its feeble brain that it's pointless to even try and respond to. The rest are socks, or just as out of control. But yes, let me argue with reflash though because he is totally legit.

But see, that's the thing, forum Flash isn't hard to argue and that's my entire point. The mere fact that you agree with that still brings me back to my posts, and if you agree with the whole "Forum Flash" thing, then that lends credence to the idea that perhaps he could actually beat a Galactus or someone similar. If you can now see my issues with your statements.

Anyway, Doomsday has already adapted to a "timestop" of sorts, so the speed stealing issue is non existent. Doomsday has already knocked the shit out of Flash, so he could react to him. And Flash is severely lacking in feats (outside one) showing him capable of even damaging Doomsday, so there's another.

thumb up

Stoic
Because you're the only one who isn't a complete lunatic. Board Walker who you're referring to has lost all semblance of sanity in its feeble brain that it's pointless to even try and respond to. The rest are socks, or just as out of control. But yes, let me argue with revalation64 though because he is totally legit.

it's not just the Flash brother. It's several other characters on the forum that are argued about beyond their comic book showings. It's gotten to the point that you have to simply nod your head and keep it moving, because if not, you will have them and their posse up your ass, and if your head is just ripe enough, you may find yourself agreeing just to keep from having the a prolonged discussion about the BS that they would prefer to cover up, rather than admit that they're claims are baseless.

For the record, I would break the Flash down which would include his weaknesses and his strengths. And to be honest, in my opinion, he would fall short of being a Herald due to several weaknesses that he has, but then again that would shine the spotlight on many characters that have been lifted up beyond their stations.

Cable.. cough cough, and several others. So many others actually. But then again that's what the respect section is for. However no one ever seems to make one that includes all of those characters weaknesses either so that people can get a firm grasp at what it is that they are arguing. that as basically my rant from the get go.

Let me make myself clear. If the Flash was taken by surprise he could be gutted by Frank Castle, however if Thor was surprised, the knife would likely break on impact with his skin. Just saying that last part to clarify things. Characters classified as Herald's/top tiers should be placed under stricter scrutiny than they are. I'm going to stop right there, because I'd prefer not to lift the carpet on this one.

Branlor Swift
it's not just the Flash brother. It's several other character on the forum that are argued about beyond their comic book showings. It's gotten to the point that you have to simply nod your head and keep it moving, because if not, you will have them and their posse up your ass, and in your head is just ripe enough, you may find yourself agreeing just to keep from having the a prolonged discussion about the BS that they would prefer to cover up, rather than admit that they're claims are baseless.

For the record, I would break the Flash down which would include his weaknesses and his strengths. And to be honest, in my opinion, he would fall short of being a Herald due to several weaknesses that he has, but then again that would shine the spotlight on many characters that have been lifted up beyond their stations.

Cable.. cough cough, and several others. So many others actually. But then again that's what the respect section is for. However no one ever seems to make one that includes all of those characters weaknesses either so that people can get a firm grasp at what it is that they are arguing. that as basically my rant from the get go.

Let me make myself clear. If the Flash was taken by surprise he could be gutted by Frank Castle, however if Thor was surprised, the knife would likely break on impact with his skin. Just saying that last part to clarify things. Characters classified as Herald's/top tiers should be placed under stricter scrutiny than they are. I'm going to stop right there, because I'd prefer not to lift the carpet on this one. Very well.

To add, pretty much the only way to form an accurate opinion is to look at the actual proof with full context, as opposed to looking at someone else's opinion. You might be wrong, but at least you have everything available. Otherwise you get what Dr Strange used to be.

Revelation64
He can bfr people to the speed force without even touching them. Would that work on Doomsday or does that fall into the things he has adapted to category?

Stoic
Very well.

To add, pretty much the only way to form an accurate opinion is to look at the actual proof with full context, as opposed to looking at someone else's opinion. You might be wrong, but at least you have everything available. Otherwise you get what Dr Strange used to be.

Dr. Strange is another one. What happens if you cut his fingers off and seal up his mouth, and don't tell me that you get Mike Tyson, because that's too obvious. But seriously though, should he be classified and placed at such a high level?

Back to the thread, I saw what DD did to the Flash and the rest of his crew, and that was a weaker version. I don't see DD doing that well against the Silver Surfer or Morg though for example. However the argument of the speed steal will come up, and what in the world can you say about that when it happened in a comic or two? He has the ability even though he doesn't use it due to PIS? CIS?

Branlor Swift
He can bfr people to the speed force without even touching them. Would that work on Doomsday or does that fall into the things he has adapted to category? If he tries to bfr like what happened with Superboy, he'd get his head knocked off before it happened.

Back to the thread, I saw what DD did to the Flash and the rest of his crew, and that was a weaker version. I don't see DD doing that well against the Silver Surfer or Morg though for example. However the argument of the speed steal will come up, and what in the world can you say about that when it happened in a comic or two? He has the ability even though he doesn't use it due to PIS? CIS? Well, assuming he uses it, Doomsday adapted past Waverider's timestop. Which should indicate that a speed steal would only stop Doomsday shortly. At that stage Flash couldn't really do much more, and then would just get stomped once DD came back.

h1a8
Yes using retarded arguments as your own basis is the way to go.

And even worse is that Doomsday made Flash look like a street leveler in comics. But let's go ahead and discuss the merits of how close this fight is because of how "forum" this place is. no one makes things up. We just know the difference between PIS and non PIS. don't you know the rules?

Anyway flash wins 10/10. DD would be a statue in a forum fight ( faster, steal speed, imp, etc)

pym-ftw
I don't think you know what a "Forum Fight" is... Which is sad because you have been here far longer than me or a lot of posters.

Board Walker
Flash siphons the kinetic energy from a single cork around him, he drops it to absolute zero. This creates a chain reaction in which every cork in contact with that cork then drops to absolute zero, reality attempts to restore homeostasis by splitting the amount of energy in all corks near absolute zero. However nothing can restore absolute zero thus all corks drop to absolute zero, in less than a fraction of a picto second all reality across omniversal existence ceases to be.

Flash is last one standing, the fight ends before opponent even knows what happened.

pym-ftw
And I don't think you know how long distance radiation works.

Epicurus
You were "pretending" to be retarded because you got butthurt about Flash. That still doesn't change things like this:

laughing out loudthumb up

Decimus
Flash siphons the kinetic energy from a single cork around him, he drops it to absolute zero. This creates a chain reaction in which every cork in contact with that cork then drops to absolute zero, reality attempts to restore homeostasis by splitting the amount of energy in all corks near absolute zero. However nothing can restore absolute zero thus all corks drop to absolute zero, in less than a fraction of a picto second all reality across omniversal existence ceases to be.

Flash is last one standing, the fight ends before opponent even knows what happened.
Do you mean quark because if you do I am certain the speed force has boundary conditions that with a significantly high percentage do not violate major theories of physics in more than a temporary manner that is definitely localized to a bare minimum lest it insult the people who read the material that actually understand the physics and compromise the legitimacy of the universe in which the character operates. Suspension of disbelief will be undone. Shame on you roll eyes (sarcastic)

Uriel005
Originally posted by leonidas
i like flash a lot, but he should be banned from forum fights. OR, he should only be allowed to be used as he would be in a comic. dd crushes him btw. the problem with flash is that his powerset used with any kind of logic is made of stupid because writers just said hey thats kinda cool to have for a speedster lets throw that in... but if you let him consistently use the ability you have the same problem as if you say the hulk has absolutely infinite strength at any given time. However unlike the Hulk there is no ramp up time and in theory a flash using the speedforce to the max should go from 0-100 which means time travel, infinite energy applied to blows and just because some writers thought it was a brilliant idea the absolutely broken concept of speed steal which he has used on impulse iirc and had him frozen for years. Speed steal is actually described as taking the kinetic energy of something which has been its consistent definition and usage. And because kinetic energy is simply any moving energy that means that anything with a measurable energy level can be stopped by him if we trust the writers definition of the ability and don't give me nonsense about writer intent because the writer intent is pretty clear that he is removing the energy from something or someone to get them to stop moving.

Furthermore we get the argument of him getting hit by things much slower than he is. In forum I've seen people argue this as CIS which is allowed by forum fights. However in this case I have to call it as PIS because you cannot simply turn off someone's reflexes without some kind of impairing agent. In fact it has been stated on several occasions that the perception of a flash is simply inherently faster at all times and not something to be turned on and off. If this is the case then there reaction should always be at some kind of baseline. Considering the overused attosecond perception argument this means that nothing short of instantaneous attacks should do anything to the flash on a surprise attack let alone a focused and attentive flash who is actively tracking threats.

Revelation64
If he tries to bfr like what happened with Superboy, he'd get his head knocked off before it happened.

No not like what he did to superboy. He can send someone to the speed force just by looking at them. That should work right?

-Pr-
Let me make myself clear. If the Flash was taken by surprise he could be gutted by Frank Castle, however if Thor was surprised, the knife would likely break on impact with his skin.

Logic is a bit flawed there, tbh. Though you said you didn't want to get in to it, I still felt I should point it out.

Flash can and has reacted to "surprises" just fine.

80sBaby
Unless Frank is faster than Speed Force ninjas and bullets then he's not surprising Flash.

But giving this fight to Doomsday. He at least has a win over Wally.

Mindship
Doomsday projects a bone spur at ankle level and trips Flash ftw.

Stoic
Originally posted by -Pr-
Logic is a bit flawed there, tbh. Though you said you didn't want to get in to it, I still felt I should point it out.

Flash can and has reacted to "surprises" just fine.

But if he were asleep? That's what I mean. He's a softy in terms of natural body armor, and must be active in order to mount a defense. Thor, Superman, Silver Surfer, Doomsday, Juggernaut etc really doesn't need to. The same applies to Dr. Strange albeit to a higher degree. Shoot glue over his mouth, and he's done.

quanchi112

Flash is last one standing, the fight ends before opponent even knows what happened. Not how this goes down in comics. Doomsday stomps.

JayDaDon
Shoot glue over his mouth, and he's done.

laughing It's official, Spidey stomps Strange 10/10

DarkSaint85
But if he were asleep? That's what I mean. He's a softy in terms of natural body armor, and must be active in order to mount a defense. Thor, Superman, Silver Surfer, Doomsday, Juggernaut etc really doesn't need to. The same applies to Dr. Strange albeit to a higher degree. Shoot glue over his mouth, and he's done.

EVEN IF HE WERE ASLEEP sneer. As soon as Flash registers a single bit of pain, he will wake up, and instinctively vibrate out of it (he does it all the time). That's how Batman developed the plan in Tower of Babel.

As for the fight, Wally vibrates through Doomsday, and explodes him mad mad mad

Or speedsteals him by looking at him.

Those are all I can think of, and I generally pride myself on thinking up weird tactics and applications of the Speed Force.

Speedsters are weird to write properly. It's essentially the same as Reed with prep - its a deus ex machina.

Especially when Flash has strategised and planned tactics in the space of microseconds before.

In a forum, Flash. In comics, as quanchi says, Doomsday.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
EVEN IF HE WERE ASLEEP sneer. As soon as Flash registers a single bit of pain, he will wake up, and instinctively vibrate out of it (he does it all the time). That's how Batman developed the plan in Tower of Babel.

Those are all I can think of, and I generally pride myself on thinking up weird tactics and applications of the Speed Force.

Speedsters are weird to write properly. It's essentially the same as Reed with prep - its a deus ex machina.

Especially when Flash has strategised and planned tactics in the space of microseconds before.

In a forum, Flash. In comics, as quanchi says, Doomsday.

See Bran. This is a perfect example right here. RIGHT HERE.

Stoic
Originally posted by JayDaDon

You laugh but even classic Strange had problems with this type of thing.

psycho gundam
glad this thread happened. that flash nonsense has been going on for far too long

Revelation64
All of you obviously hate Flash but I still dont see why he can't bfr Doomsday to the speed force and win.

h1a8
Flash has many ways to win. Vibrating through DD (he can and has done it in comics), IMP (he can and has done it in comics), steal DD's speed (he can and has done it in comics), react and move in speeds far above light (he can and has done it in comics), bfr DD to speed force (he can and has done it in comics). So I don't get the "we are making shit up" routine. Everything Flash does is because he has done it already.

psycho gundam
all that and DD just clothes lines him again

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Uriel005
the problem with flash is that his powerset used with any kind of logic is made of stupid because writers just said hey thats kinda cool to have for a speedster lets throw that in... but if you let him consistently use the ability you have the same problem as if you say the hulk has absolutely infinite strength at any given time. However unlike the Hulk there is no ramp up time and in theory a flash using the speedforce to the max should go from 0-100 which means time travel, infinite energy applied to blows and just because some writers thought it was a brilliant idea the absolutely broken concept of speed steal which he has used on impulse iirc and had him frozen for years. Speed steal is actually described as taking the kinetic energy of something which has been its consistent definition and usage. And because kinetic energy is simply any moving energy that means that anything with a measurable energy level can be stopped by him if we trust the writers definition of the ability and don't give me nonsense about writer intent because the writer intent is pretty clear that he is removing the energy from something or someone to get them to stop moving.

Furthermore we get the argument of him getting hit by things much slower than he is. In forum I've seen people argue this as CIS which is allowed by forum fights. However in this case I have to call it as PIS because you cannot simply turn off someone's reflexes without some kind of impairing agent. In fact it has been stated on several occasions that the perception of a flash is simply inherently faster at all times and not something to be turned on and off. If this is the case then there reaction should always be at some kind of baseline. Considering the overused attosecond perception argument this means that nothing short of instantaneous attacks should do anything to the flash on a surprise attack let alone a focused and attentive flash who is actively tracking threats. So basically, we should just ignore a monster portion of his history because his powers are hip and happening?

No not like what he did to superboy. He can send someone to the speed force just by looking at them. That should work right? Not like Superboy?

OK then pal, you should go ahead and show me Flash sending an immovable (to Flash) object like Doomsday to the speed force just by looking at him.

In a forum, Flash. In comics, as quanchi says, Doomsday. When has Flash blew up anyone anywhere near Doomsday' level of durability by vibrating?

This speedstealing issue sure seems like a viable tactic. If only and I mean, if only Doomsday had something like adapting to a timestop before from Waverider.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/10-2.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/11-2.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/12-2.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/13-2.jpg

At best it's a temporary reprieve. And then Doomsday will be back, and then something that has actually occurred in comics between these two characters might happen again.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/1-12.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/2-10.jpg

Also another off panel loss.

Well, I wouldn't compare them to Reed with prep considering Reed with prep actually beats high level threats. Flash just has cool powers.

How about before we state Flash can beat Doomsday level people, we actually prove he has defeated Doomsday level people before? No? Seems like a fair compromise. Hell, for all the flack Surfer, Thor, and Superman have for their exotic powers or uses (or Hulk's gamma attacks), they actually have defeated tough people with it. Flash on the other hand just gets the benefit of the doubt because look how quick his legs move! But I digress.

Your totally legitimate tactic of Flash exploding Doomsday is the way he's going to win IYO. Teach me how it will work.

-K-M-
Originally posted by JayDaDon

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/spiderstange_zps542adaf8.jpg

Revelation64
So basically, we should just ignore a monster portion of his history because his powers are hip and happening?

Not like Superboy?

OK then pal, you should go ahead and show me Flash sending an immovable (to Flash) object like Doomsday to the speed force just by looking at him.

When has Flash blew up anyone anywhere near Doomsday' level of durability by vibrating?

This speedstealing issue sure seems like a viable tactic. If only and I mean, if only Doomsday had something like adapting to a timestop before from Waverider.

At best it's a temporary reprieve. And then Doomsday will be back, and then something that has actually occurred in comics between these two characters might happen again.

Well, I wouldn't compare them to Reed with prep considering Reed with prep actually beats high level threats. Flash just has cool powers.

How about before we state Flash can beat Doomsday level people, we actually prove he has defeated Doomsday level people before? No? Seems like a fair compromise. Hell, for all the flack Surfer, Thor, and Superman have for their exotic powers or uses (or Hulk's gamma attacks), they actually have defeated tough people with it. Flash on the other hand just gets the benefit of the doubt because look how quick his legs move! But I digress.

Your totally legitimate tactic of Flash exploding Doomsday is the way he's going to win IYO. Teach me how it will work.

Sadly I have no scan but he did do it to gorilla grodd. He has also sent people to the speed force by creating a vortex with his hands.

Branlor Swift
Well, I'm convinced.

And as I've always said, Gorilla Grodd is Doomsday level

Revelation64
Well, I'm convinced.

And as I've always said, Gorilla Grodd is Doomsday level

It was just one example. At the time gorilla grodd was amped as well. He was faster than the flash and all his other abilities were increased. Strength doesnt matter anyway. Your telling me just because Doomsday is strong that he is immune to being randomly thrown into another dimension.

Branlor Swift
It was just one example. At the time gorilla grodd was amped as well. He was faster than the flash and all his other abilities were increased. Strength doesnt matter anyway. Your telling me just because Doomsday is strong that he is immune to being randomly thrown into another dimension. And that's also exactly what Grodd wanted. To be in the source of the 'lightning'. Flash heavily attributed this to his mind, potential outcomes, and what Grodd wanted.

Strength was almost the exact reason they had trouble with Superboy Prime, when there was a lot of Flashes, and Bart was amped. But if strength doesn't matter, and you think Grodd being faster doesn't matter (which flows into my next part), then what could possibly stop Flash from doing this to any character ever?

And he's not immune to being thrown in another dimension. But there's a reason I asked when he's instantly bfr'ed someone into the speedforce as strong as Doomsday. You gave me Gorilla Grodd tapping into the speed force. If he can send Grodd to the speedforce, naturally he can send Doomsday, but why stop there? Current Darkseid would lose in a rematch, hell, Zauriel himself would just get tossed out. Because Gorilla Grodd.

Although, I take it you are using NuDC Flash? That seems even worse for his chances.

-Pr-

Flash has literally, and I mean literally, felt something against his skin, and been able to adapt on the fly.

Sure, his durability isn't cl100 or anything, but it honestly doesn't need to be most of the time.

I'm not going to pretend that people don't get out of hand with the Flash; they do. Just don't want it to swing too far the other way, and so on.

Stoic
Flash has literally, and I mean literally, felt something against his skin, and been able to adapt on the fly.

Sure, his durability isn't cl100 or anything, but it honestly doesn't need to be most of the time.

I'm not going to pretend that people don't get out of hand with the Flash; they do. Just don't want it to swing too far the other way, and so on.

No I get it -Pr- I truly do, and that's why I brought up forum Flash beating anyone. I simply don't want to get into it, because there will always be a way for him not to lose, even though he does in comics. Is it PIS, or CIS that he loses in comics? Some of the posters arguing for him has me wondering. This of course brings me back to my first thought on the subject of why it is so hard to argue against the Flash. Uh... I mean forum Flash.

To be honest, I'm actually torn, and I just like to sit back and read what everyone says on the subject of the Flash vs random toon. I mean speed = mass right, so if the Flash throws 100,000 punches in 10 or less seconds (this may be slow for him) at the speed of light, how much mass is he hitting the random toon with? Who would be able to stand up to this type of power? It's LOL worthy IMO.

-Pr-
No I get it -Pr- I truly do, and that's why I brought up forum Flash beating anyone. I simply don't want to get into it, because there will always be a way for him not to lose, even though he does in comics. Is it PIS, or CIS that he loses in comics? Some of the posters arguing for him has me wondering. This of course brings me back to my first thought on the subject of why it is so hard to argue against the Flash. Uh... I mean forum Flash.

To be honest, I'm actually torn, and I just like to sit back and read what everyone says on the subject of the Flash vs random toon. I mean speed = mass right, so if the Flash throws 100,000 punches in 10 or less seconds (this may be slow for him) at the speed of light, how much mass is he hitting the random toon with? Who would be able to stand up to this type of power? It's LOL worthy IMO.

Oh, it is. Some of the pro-Flash arguments are, honestly, retarded at times.

It's the problem of someone like Flash, even in the comics, and even in reading them, I've only found that the truly great Flash writers like Waid and Johns have been able to keep the PIS stuff to a minimum without making him seem unbeatable.

A lot of writers really struggle, and it only makes things harder for us in here to come to terms with the middle ground of the character.

Board Walker
Flash could just vibrate so fast that the very molecules that hold reality together implode, setting off a chain reaction that every molecule connected to the imploding molecule then implodes. All reality would then implode on a omniversal scale, sans Flash who has won.

DarkSaint85
So basically, we should just ignore a monster portion of his history because his powers are hip and happening?

Not like Superboy?

When has Flash blew up anyone anywhere near Doomsday' level of durability by vibrating?

Wow, you took my post seriously.....

Branlor Swift
Wow, you took my post seriously..... You've been saying that type of shit in every Flash/Zoom thread though, and arguing about it to boot.

That's not even the worst thing you've tried to say about them either.

Also concession accepted

DarkSaint85
You've been saying that type of shit in every Flash/Zoom thread though, and arguing about it to boot.

That's not even the worst thing you've tried to say about them either.

Also concession accepted

Concession given?

Doomsday wins.

Now let's hug it out.

iscaremonkeys
Flash isn't as powerful as people make him out to be. hes not but the fact is how the hell do you manage to hit him? to win the fight?

carver9
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
hes not but the fact is how the hell do you manage to hit him? to win the fight?

Like everyone else in comics that hits him.

iscaremonkeys
Like everyone else in comics that hits him. through CIS PIS and unrealism? no expression

-Pr-
Hulk isn't fast enough to tag Flash if Flash doesn't want him to. He could wreck the environment though, making it harder for Flash to move, which could eventually net him the win.

iscaremonkeys
Hulk isn't fast enough to tag Flash if Flash doesn't want him to. He could wreck the environment though, making it harder for Flash to move, which could eventually net him the win. savage hulk is not that smart. but no doubt the professer or joe fixit could

quanchi112
through CIS PIS and unrealism? no expression You can't ignore the comics.

-Pr-
savage hulk is not that smart. but no doubt the professer or joe fixit could

He doesn't need to be smart; just angry and frustrated, which he's very capable of doing.

guy222
Agreed

Stoic
savage hulk is not that smart. but no doubt the professer or joe fixit could

The Hulk was retconned to not be dumb back in the day, but he was more of an adolescent. This is why I simply don't understand many of the writers fixation with returning him back to that state. Character development demands that he grow the phuck up. All the same the Hulk was never dumb, he was plagued with dumb speech mannerisms though.

DarkSaint85
Carver, still waiting on that proof for Trinity.....

Bentley
Since Doomsday was stated to be as fast as Flash by Booster Gold, then he obviously wins.

Like everyone else in comics that hits him.

That's what I say everytime Hulk touches an object and such object it's not blown into atoms or reaches escape velocity. Banner is such a weakling.

h1a8
Flash can steal DDs speed and Imp him ftw.
Flash can bfr DD into the speed force.
These are just two possible ways Flash can win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.