Kronos vs Thor ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDeadpool
It was stuck in my mind a while ago now I remembered it again, OK both are full power, can Thor defeat Kronos ?

Robtard
Thread's already been done.

DrDeadpool
Oh !! So what was the result ?

Robtard
Thor + Mjolnir + flying > Perseus + Spear of Triam flying on Pegasus. So Thor with his greater power, greater flying speed and stated "most powerful weapon in the universe" would wreck Kronos easier than Perseus did.

Some cried that "only the Spear of Triam" could defeat Kronos; doesn't matter if another weapon of similar (more powerful) status is used from a different Franchise. If that is the case, the thread shouldn't have been made to begin with.

marwash22
i didn't make that argument, but i agree with it.

if it's explicitly stated that the only thing able to hurt a character is a particular weapon in that character's universe, then that should be that, regardless of how powerful a weapon from another movie may appear to be... unless of course said weapon is shown to possess the same magical/scientific/etc. properties as the former weapon.

for instance, the argument that mjolnir would be able to perform the same task as the spear of destiny from "Constantine" is ridiculous and moronic.

Silent Master
Originally posted by marwash22
i didn't make that argument, but i agree with it.

if it's explicitly stated that the only thing able to hurt a character is a particular weapon in that character's universe, then that should be that, regardless of how powerful a weapon from another movie may appear to be... unless of course said weapon is shown to possess the same magical/scientific/etc. properties as the former weapon.

for instance, the argument that mjolnir would be able to perform the same task as the spear of destiny from "Constantine" is ridiculous and moronic.

So for example, if the LOTR movies state that the only way to destroy the one ring is the lava from Mt Doom, you'd agree that the IG from Marvel comics wouldn't be able to destroy it?

marwash22
yup.

is that the case though? was that special lava?

Silent Master
AFAIK it was stated that only way to destroy the one ring was throwing it in mt Doom, but it's been years since I've seen the movies.

Isn't it a bit of a no limits fallacy to claim that just because people in the one universe can't do something, then the same must hold true for all universes no matter what power level they operate at?

marwash22
that's where "explicitly stated" comes into play.

if there is a movie with a character who's explicitly stated can only be killed with a dagger made of pure fairy dust and coated in the blood of a 2000 year old unicorn, then THAT is the only thing that can kill said character.

i didn't make the rules for this forum.

Silent Master
From that movieverse, yes...but that doesn't take into account that other movie universes exist...what happens if another movieverse has an object that has been explicitly stated to be able to kill and/or destroy anything?

marwash22
i think if there's a weapon or object that is explicitly stated to destroy absolutely anything, then yeah, that would override the in-universe laws of a specific movie.

Silent Master
i think if there's a weapon or object that is explicitly stated to destroy absolutely anything, then yeah, that would override the in-universe laws of a specific movie.

Why?

marwash22
weapon or object that kills/destroys anything > very specific weapon or object that can kill/destroy a certain character > weapon or object that is more powerful, but does not possess the necessary specific traits needed to kill/destroy a certain character.

Silent Master
Why?

marwash22
lol.

"Anything" - all-encompassing, including characters that can only be killed by very specific means.

"specific weapon" - can hurt or kill a character that otherwise can't be hurt or killed.

"uber powerful weapon" - can hurt or kill almost anything, excluding character that are invulnerable to everything except a very specific weapon.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I have to disagree with you marwash. Especially based on how some Universes operate on totally different scales.

Kronos may only be hurt by the Spear of Triam but that's as far as beings in the Percy Jackson Universe are concerned. If some other character can drop the Sun on his dome piece, he's f*cked.

Silent Master
You realize that the object being able to kill/destroy the character would disprove the claim that it can only be killed by _____, and once that statement is disproven, what is there to say that other objects can't also kill sed character.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I have to disagree with you marwash. Especially based on how some Universes operate on totally different scales.

Kronos may only be hurt by the Spear of Triam but that's as far as beings in the Percy Jackson Universe are concerned. If some other character can drop the Sun on his dome piece, he's f*cked.

Exactly, he's ignoring the power levels involved in the universe where the statement is made.

marwash22
Originally posted by Silent Master
You realize that the object being able to kill/destroy the character would disprove the claim that it can only be killed by _____, and once that statement is disproven, what is there to say that other objects can't also kill sed character. nah, because anything trumps everything. Unless the other objects also kill anything, they don't trump "very specific"

also, I'm not ignoring anything. I'm following the rules of the forum, the rules i called stupid a long time ago, but you people kept crying about.

on-screen feats only, son.

Silent Master
nah, because anything trumps everything. Unless the other objects also kill anything, they don't trump "very specific"

The object being able to kill sed character disproves the claim that he can only be killed by a dagger made of pure fairy dust and coated in the blood of a 2000 year old unicorn. and once that claim has been disproven it can no longer be used as an argument.

marwash22
The object being able to kill sed character disproves the claim that he can only be killed by a dagger made of pure fairy dust and coated in the blood of a 2000 year old unicorn. and once that claim has been disproven it can no longer be used as an argument. only if you have another object that can also kill anything, like the object that disproved the fairy dagger rule.

marwash22
if a character that can only be killed with a very specific weapon is killed by an object that can kill anything, you can't then use that to say any other weapon that CANT KILL ANYTHING, can kill the character who can only be killed with a very specific weapon.

Silent Master
only if you have another object that can also kill anything, like the object that disproved the fairy dagger rule.

So basically, you've been proven wrong, but you're refusing to change your stance.

marwash22
nah, and i dunno how to be any more clear about it.

Silent Master
Whatever you say quan.

marwash22
bermm

I sense that you're getting butthurt over what i thought was a civil conversation; but unlike Quan, I'm not gonna argue about it for 50 pages.

believe what you want, son.

Epicurus
So for example, if the LOTR movies state that the only way to destroy the one ring is the lava from Mt Doom, you'd agree that the IG from Marvel comics wouldn't be able to destroy it?
yup.

is that the case though? was that special lava?
You do realize that the IG is a literal omnipotent artifact, right?

Oh nevermind, you just demolished your own argument with this post:
if a character that can only be killed with a very specific weapon is killed by an object that can kill anything, you can't then use that to say any other weapon that CANT KILL ANYTHING, can kill the character who can only be killed with a very specific weapon.
Normally I am inclined to call out Silent Master on his trolling in such scenarios, but your ridiculous no-limits fallacy takes the cake in this instance.

Silent Master
bermm

I sense that you're getting butthurt over what i thought was a civil conversation; but unlike Quan, I'm not gonna argue about it for 50 pages.

believe what you want, son.

You know, accusing other people of being butthurt is one of quan's favorite tactics.

marwash22
Originally posted by Epicurus
You do realize that the IG is a literal omnipotent artifact, right?

Oh nevermind, you just demolished your own argument with this post:

nah, that was my mistake, IG would fall under the category of a weapon that can kill anything, trumping the specific weapon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.