Anakin Skywalker (AOTC) VS Cin Drallig

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PTforthewin
Anakin Skywalker "I am a slow learner" VS Cin Drallig "There is one lesson you've yet to learn, how to become one with the force!"

Astor Ebligis
Drallig

carthage
If Anakin gives into his anger Drallig is dead.

Other circumstances, IDK.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by carthage
If Anakin gives into his anger Drallig is dead.

Other circumstances, IDK. attack of the clones anakin

carthage
So? There isn't much evidence indicating Drallig is that skilled, and while AOTC Anakin sucked he still held his own against Dooku albeit momentarily. Drallig is featless and in ROTS was killed by him in a single stride

PTforthewin
So? There isn't much evidence indicating Drallig is that skilled, and while AOTC Anakin sucked he still held his own against Dooku albeit momentarily. Drallig is featless and in ROTS was killed by him in a single stride no drallig was holding his own

carthage
If you're referring to the game that's N-cannon, ROTS novelization shows him getting butchered without even an engagement.

Intrepid37
Anakin is more powerful and more physically capable. He'd take Cin down.

NewGuy01
Anakin.

Galan007
Although he's got very few feats, pretty much every pertinent source acknowledges Cin as one of the Order's most elite swordmen. Make no mistake, Anakin was certainly gifted during AotC, but I'm not confident that he yet wielded upper echelon swordsmanship.

Siding with Cin.

NewGuy01
Anakin pressed Dooku in a lightsaber duel, has encased himself in a haze of green light with his saber, and has vastly impressive TK showings in the Clone Wars miniseries.

Galan007
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Anakin pressed Dooku in a lightsaber duel AotC Anakin preformed decently against Dooku for a Padawan, but I certainly wouldn't say he 'pressed' the good Count.

NewGuy01
"I'm a slow learner," Anakin replied coolly, and he came on then, so suddenly, so powerfully, his green blade whirling with such speed that he seemed almost encased in green light.

For the first time, Count Dooku lost his little confident smile. He had to work furiously to keep Anakin's blade at bay, dodging more than parrying. He tried to step out to the side, but stopped as if he had hit a wall, and his eyes widened a bit when he realized that this young Padawan, in the midst of that assault, had used the Force to block his exit."

Stealth Moose
The movie didn't show any such thing. AotC Anakin gets tooled.

Galan007
Exactly. thumb up

Anakin preformed admirably against Dooku(especially for a Padawan), but that excerpt is non-canon, as it is contradicted by the film.

NewGuy01
He performed just as well in the portion of the duel where he dual-wielded, which isn't contradicted by the movie.

Stealth Moose
Actually, he did okay, not well. Dooku still had control.

NewGuy01
He fared far, far better than Cin did against RotS Skywalker regardless.

"Anakin!" he called, and he tossed the young Padawan the blade. Anakin caught it without ever breaking the flow of his fighting, turning it under and igniting it immediately, putting it into the swirling flow.

Obi-Wan wat ched in admiration as Anakin worked the two blades in perfect harmony, spinning them over and about with blinding speed and precision.

And he watched with similar feelings the working of Count Dooku's red lightsaber, flashing ahead and back with equal precision, picking off attack after attack and even countering once or twice to interrupt the flow of Anakin's barrage.

Obi-Wan's heart leapt in hope as Anakin charged forward suddenly, bringing his green blade over his shoulder and across, down at the Count. Obi-Wan understood immediately, even before he noted Anakin's blue blade coming up and over the other way-the green blade would push the Count's lightsaber out of the way, clearing the path for the victorious strike!

But Dooku retracted impossibly fast, and Anakin's down-cutting green blade hit nothing but air.

Galan007
Originally posted by NewGuy01
He fared far, far better than Cin did against RotS Skywalker regardless.
RotS Anakin>>>Dooku, you realize?

Astor Ebligis
Originally posted by Galan007
Although he's got very few feats, pretty much every pertinent source acknowledges Cin as one of the Order's most elite swordmen. Make no mistake, Anakin was certainly gifted during AotC, but I'm not confident that he yet wielded upper echelon swordsmanship.

Siding with Cin.

This surprisingly sums up my exact thoughts.

carthage
Nothing supports him being the best other than a dubious accolade, he has no notable feats, no depictions of force powers, and he went out like a ***** when he fought Anakin.

So much for "Teh bezt ov teh order". His best feat is literally dying to Anakin

Emperordmb
Is it possible that what we saw in the hologram was the end of their duel and not the entire thing?

Nephthys
Its stated that Drallig lost in a short fight.

Emperordmb
Quote or something if possible?

Nephthys
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/dralli10.jpg

Intrepid37
Makes sense. A source also stated that every Jedi located in the Jedi Temple at the time were ''no match'' for Anakin and his troopers.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Makes sense. A source also stated that every Jedi located in the Jedi Temple at the time were ''no match'' for Anakin and his troopers.

Contradicted by Shaak Ti dueling with him and then being able to successfully retreat.

Intrepid37
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Contradicted by Shaak Ti dueling with him and then being able to successfully retreat.
A successful retreat does not contradict that she was no match for him.

Lord Stark
A successful retreat does not contradict that she was no match for him.

No but it does suggest Anakin didn't steamroll her.

Intrepid37
No but it does suggest Anakin didn't steamroll her.
No one claimed as much. But he did force her to flee fairly easily.

Stealth Moose
Nothing supports him being the best other than a dubious accolade, he has no notable feats, no depictions of force powers, and he went out like a ***** when he fought Anakin.

So much for "Teh bezt ov teh order". His best feat is literally dying to Anakin

Man, for a second I almost thought you were talking about Mace's dream team.

Intrepid37
Yeah, I thought he was referring to Exar Kun or Tol Braga.

Lord Stark
No one claimed as much. But he did force her to flee fairly easily.

"At one point Ti engaged Vader in a fierce duel. Despite her great skill as a warrior she was unable to defeat him. However, Ti did escape after managing to disorientate Vader."

A fierce duel implies not easily.

Nephthys
Yeah, I thought he was referring to Exar Kun or Tol Braga.

Lol.

Not lol as in 'thats so true', lol as in 'thats so retarded.'

Intrepid37
"At one point Ti engaged Vader in a fierce duel. Despite her great skill as a warrior she was unable to defeat him. However, Ti did escape after managing to disorientate Vader."

A fierce duel implies not easily.
What's the source?

Originally posted by Nephthys
Lol.

Not lol as in 'thats so true', lol as in 'thats so retarded.'
laughing out loud

Nephthys
**** yeah I'm goddamn hilarious.

Intrepid37
**** yeah I'm goddamn hilarious.
It wasn't a laughing out loud as in you were funny, it was a laughing out loud as in your above average amount of silliness is pretty damn entertaining sometimes.

carthage
I think we're all expecting too much for Lucas to make sense in his writings.

Nephthys
It wasn't a laughing out loud as in you were funny, it was a laughing out loud as in your above average amount of silliness is pretty damn entertaining sometimes.

Isn't that the same mother****ing thing???

Intrepid37
Isn't that the same mother****ing thing???
You were funny in a bad way, not a good way.

Stealth Moose
I think we're all expecting too much for Lucas to make sense in his writings.

SW in general doesn't make sense.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.