KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Anakin Skywalker (AOTC) VS Cin Drallig

Anakin Skywalker (AOTC) VS Cin Drallig
Started by: PTforthewin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anakin Skywalker (AOTC) VS Cin Drallig

Anakin Skywalker "I am a slow learner" VS Cin Drallig "There is one lesson you've yet to learn, how to become one with the force!"

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 07:33 PM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Drallig

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 07:35 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

If Anakin gives into his anger Drallig is dead.

Other circumstances, IDK.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 07:38 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
If Anakin gives into his anger Drallig is dead.

Other circumstances, IDK.
attack of the clones anakin

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 07:40 PM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

So? There isn't much evidence indicating Drallig is that skilled, and while AOTC Anakin sucked he still held his own against Dooku albeit momentarily. Drallig is featless and in ROTS was killed by him in a single stride

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 07:42 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carthage
So? There isn't much evidence indicating Drallig is that skilled, and while AOTC Anakin sucked he still held his own against Dooku albeit momentarily. Drallig is featless and in ROTS was killed by him in a single stride
no drallig was holding his own

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 07:44 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

If you're referring to the game that's N-cannon, ROTS novelization shows him getting butchered without even an engagement.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 07:46 PM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anakin is more powerful and more physically capable. He'd take Cin down.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 08:47 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Anakin.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 09:53 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Although he's got very few feats, pretty much every pertinent source acknowledges Cin as one of the Order's most elite swordmen. Make no mistake, Anakin was certainly gifted during AotC, but I'm not confident that he yet wielded upper echelon swordsmanship.

Siding with Cin.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 12th, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 11:08 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Anakin pressed Dooku in a lightsaber duel, has encased himself in a haze of green light with his saber, and has vastly impressive TK showings in the Clone Wars miniseries.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 11:16 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Anakin pressed Dooku in a lightsaber duel
AotC Anakin preformed decently against Dooku for a Padawan, but I certainly wouldn't say he 'pressed' the good Count.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

"I'm a slow learner," Anakin replied coolly, and he came on then, so suddenly, so powerfully, his green blade whirling with such speed that he seemed almost encased in green light.

For the first time, Count Dooku lost his little confident smile. He had to work furiously to keep Anakin's blade at bay, dodging more than parrying. He tried to step out to the side, but stopped as if he had hit a wall, and his eyes widened a bit when he realized that this young Padawan, in the midst of that assault, had used the Force to block his exit."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 12:30 AM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

The movie didn't show any such thing. AotC Anakin gets tooled.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 02:07 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Exactly. thumb up

Anakin preformed admirably against Dooku(especially for a Padawan), but that excerpt is non-canon, as it is contradicted by the film.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 02:47 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

He performed just as well in the portion of the duel where he dual-wielded, which isn't contradicted by the movie.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 03:03 AM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Actually, he did okay, not well. Dooku still had control.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 03:04 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

He fared far, far better than Cin did against RotS Skywalker regardless.

"Anakin!" he called, and he tossed the young Padawan the blade. Anakin caught it without ever breaking the flow of his fighting, turning it under and igniting it immediately, putting it into the swirling flow.

Obi-Wan wat ched in admiration as Anakin worked the two blades in perfect harmony, spinning them over and about with blinding speed and precision.

And he watched with similar feelings the working of Count Dooku's red lightsaber, flashing ahead and back with equal precision, picking off attack after attack and even countering once or twice to interrupt the flow of Anakin's barrage.

Obi-Wan's heart leapt in hope as Anakin charged forward suddenly, bringing his green blade over his shoulder and across, down at the Count. Obi-Wan understood immediately, even before he noted Anakin's blue blade coming up and over the other way-the green blade would push the Count's lightsaber out of the way, clearing the path for the victorious strike!

But Dooku retracted impossibly fast, and Anakin's down-cutting green blade hit nothing but air.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 03:40 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by NewGuy01
He fared far, far better than Cin did against RotS Skywalker regardless.
RotS Anakin>>>Dooku, you realize?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 03:44 AM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
Although he's got very few feats, pretty much every pertinent source acknowledges Cin as one of the Order's most elite swordmen. Make no mistake, Anakin was certainly gifted during AotC, but I'm not confident that he yet wielded upper echelon swordsmanship.

Siding with Cin.

This surprisingly sums up my exact thoughts.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 07:57 AM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote