What if Yoda went after Vader and Obi-Wan after the Emperor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
What would happened. Obi-Wan would surely have died, I don't even know if he would have lasted long. I think the Yoda vs Anakin would have been interesting though.

Nephthys
If Yoda had let Obi-Wan go after the Emperor he'd lose to Anakin because clearly he would be suffering brain damage.

Darth Abonis
Originally posted by Nephthys
If Yoda had let Obi-Wan go after the Emperor he'd lose to Anakin because clearly he would be suffering brain damage.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

DARTH POWER
How about if Yoda and Obi-Wan both went after Anakin, then both went after SSidious. Or even go after Sidious first and Anakin later. Wouldn't that have made more sense?

King Joker
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
How about if Yoda and Obi-Wan both went after Anakin, then both went after SSidious. Or even go after Sidious first and Anakin later. Wouldn't that have made more sense?
Of corse it would've, but you were watching the Prequels, remember?

Lord Lucien
Yes, what if?

Darth Abonis
Nah. It would take too much time. They needed to hit the Emperor before he could truly solidify his grip on the galaxy.

King Joker
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Nah. It would take too much time. They needed to hit the Emperor before he could truly solidify his grip on the galaxy.
They couldn't of taken him out first?

Lord Lucien
They could've. Palpatine was the true threat. But they were idiots, so they split up.

PTforthewin
Palpatine would have been killed then they'd find and defeat anakin. And the sith would be destroyed but the empire might still be there and it might be ruled by Tarkin possibly

PTforthewin
Ask Lucas.

red8
I don't think Obi-wan would have been much help against the Emperor. He probably would have met the same fate as Windu's friends.

Emperordmb
I think Obi-wan could last a good thirty seconds against Sidious in a duel. With Yoda by his side he could last longer.

King Joker
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I think Obi-wan could last a good thirty seconds against Sidious in a duel. With Yoda by his side he could last longer. Agreed.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by red8
I don't think Obi-wan would have been much help against the Emperor. He probably would have met the same fate as Windu's friends.

I guess that's the explanation we will have to stick to for it to make any sense.

But I still say Kenobi's distraction could give Yoda the fight. I mean let's not forget after Sidious blitzed Windu's "friends" Windu did win the fight. And he was the 2nd most Powerful Jedi. This is Yoda the most powerful Jedi. And even if Kenobi is just a little above those 3, that could easily help Yoda win the fight.

But I guess the Jedi just aren't true Jihadists like that. Lol

PTforthewin
I guess that's the explanation we will have to stick to for it to make any sense.

But I still say Kenobi's distraction could give Yoda the fight. I mean let's not forget after Sidious blitzed Windu's "friends" Windu did win the fight. And he was the 2nd most Powerful Jedi. This is Yoda the most powerful Jedi. And even if Kenobi is just a little above those 3, that could easily help Yoda win the fight.

But I guess the Jedi just aren't true Jihadists like that. Lol obi wan is equal to Kit Fisto and Saesee and Agen are a tier below

NewGuy01
If both Yoda and Kenobi went after the Emperor, the only thing that would really change is that Anakin would be free to become uber, and Obi-Wan would be dead, while Palpatine laughs at their idiocy.

PTforthewin

But I guess the Jedi just aren't true Jihadists like that. Lol yea I hate yoda and obi wan because they killed clones

NTJack0
Obi-Wan couldn't even last against Dooku 2 vs 1.

Sidious? Hah.

Nephthys
I think Obi-wan could last a good thirty seconds against Sidious in a duel. With Yoda by his side he could last longer.

As NTJack pointed out, Obi-Wan couldn't even last 10 seconds vs Dooku. Sidious would crush him with contemptible ease.

Galan007
How about if Yoda and Obi-Wan both went after Anakin, then both went after SSidious. Or even go after Sidious first and Anakin later. Wouldn't that have made more sense? It would have made *more* sense, I suppose, but it still wouldn't have mattered much in the end. Palps could unarguably dominate Kenobi with the force much easier than even Dooku did when they battled in RotS(and Dooku did so casually.) What I'm saying is: Kenobi ultimately wouldn't have made a difference in that confrontation--he just isn't remotely powerful enough to contend with the big boys, regardless who he's teamed up with.

In fact, Kenobi's presence on the field likely would have hindered Yoda's performance, as he would also have to worry about protecting Kenobi as well as himself--and given that Yoda could barely match Palps solo, adding a major distraction to that equation would almost certainly result in rapid-sequence doom for the Jedi.

That said, where Palpatine is concerned, Yoda taking him on alone was the best chance they had in that situation, imo. After all, the only 2 person Jedi team who could have undoubtedly beaten Palps during that era was Yoda+Mace--but the latter was already deceased when Yoda made his "destroy the Sith, we must!" proclamation. So yeah...

DARTH POWER
Yeah but still if Mace (the second most powerful Jedi as per Lucas) was able to beat Palpatine by bringing fodder Jedi with him, I just don't see how Yoda (the most powerful Jedi) could lose if he had some fodder Jedi with him.

Galan007
^ The film-based novels are still canon, therefore Mace was actively utilizing Vaapad against Palatine(TCW Character Encyclopedia further confirms Mace's day-to-day use of Vaapad), thus it was able to bridge the substantial power gap between them. That is how/why the second most powerful Jedi was able to do better than the most powerful Jedi against the same opponent.

Anywho, as we saw during their battle, Yoda was hard-pressed just to contend with Palps solo. Adding a major distraction to that equation(which is all Kenobi equates to, imo) would just tip the scales even moreso in Palpatine's favor, as Yoda would be worried about protecting Kenobi from Palpatine's assault, as well as himself. Essentially his attention would be constantly divided--and that is never beneficial in a life-or-death battle. We know for sure that Yoda would actively try to protect Kenobi from Palpatine, because he actively protected Anakin from Palpatine in the final episode of Season 6(basically a true-to-life simulation of how a battle between them would've played out), which made him vulnerable to direct attacks from Palpatine himself. /shrug

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Galan007
^ The film-based novels are still canon, therefore Mace was actively utilizing Vaapad against Palatine(TCW Character Encyclopedia further confirms Mace's day-to-day use of Vaapad), thus it was able to bridge the substantial power gap between them. That is how/why the second most powerful Jedi was able to do better than the most powerful Jedi against the same opponent.

It appears you may be right there. According to Del Rey Books Vapaad would still be canon:

Goto 25:55 here-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDgx7VjlOic

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
They could've. Palpatine was the true threat. But they were idiots, so they split up.

Nope. Kenobi would be a hinderance to Yoda in a fight against the Emperor, watch the vision fight of Sidious vs. Yoda in TCWs and you'll see why; replace Anakin with Kenobi.
And if Sidious died, Vader would be the logical choice to inherit the Empire, killing both would likely shatter the Empire and make it much more susceptible to Rebellion. I mean consider that even after 2 decades of solidifying his rule, the Empire still utterly collapsed without himself or Vader.

Arhael
Considering that Kenobi's most lousy performances were consistently demonstrated, when teamed up with someone, Yoda made a wise choice by sending him away.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Nope. Kenobi would be a hinderance to Yoda in a fight against the Emperor, watch the vision fight of Sidious vs. Yoda in TCWs and you'll see why; replace Anakin with Kenobi.
And if Sidious died, Vader would be the logical choice to inherit the Empire, killing both would likely shatter the Empire and make it much more susceptible to Rebellion. I mean consider that even after 2 decades of solidifying his rule, the Empire still utterly collapsed without himself or Vader. I don't give two f*cks about The Clone Wars. And mere days (hours?) after the Empire coming in to existence means jack for a surviving Vader. He's some pissant kid who used to be a Jedi. No Empire is going to follow him. Ever, even as of RotJ. Kill the leader together, then team up on his retarded minion.

PTforthewin
I don't give two f*cks about The Clone Wars. And mere days (hours?) after the Empire coming in to existence means jack for a surviving Vader. He's some pissant kid who used to be a Jedi. No Empire is going to follow him. Ever, even as of RotJ. Kill the leader together, then team up on his retarded minion. nah most if not all clones will obey him they are programmed to obey all orders and serve the republic

Emperordmb
Originally posted by PTforthewin
nah most if not all clones will obey him they are programmed to obey all orders and serve the republic
The republic was reorganized into the empire by this point. Also, republic or empire, what the **** places Anakin as the de facto leader of it after Sidious's death?

PTforthewin
The republic was reorganized into the empire by this point. Also, republic or empire, what the **** places Anakin as the de facto leader of it after Sidious's death? I prefer the ending of the revenge of the sith video game where you kill sidious

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by PTforthewin
nah most if not all clones will obey him they are programmed to obey all orders and serve the republic You're aware that there's more to the galaxy than clone soldiers, right? Palpatine had the adoration and willful obedience of the people (most of 'em). Anakin is just some shmuck. The galactic masses have no cause to believe in his leadership. And given that, again, he's an idiot, he'll screw up whatever he does try. Palatine also inherited a millennium's worth of knowledge, finances, resources, and power from the Sith Order. Anakin's got f*ck all in that regard. No charisma, no charm, no smarts, no leadership position, no capability. If Palaptine died circa 19 BBY, then Anakin's brief tenure under him as a Sith was in the role of glorified assassin. That, nor any of his other lack of attributes, is the characteristic trait of the leader of a massive galactic community.

At that stage, there would be no "inheriting the Empire". That new and young, such a fragile state would collapse quickly without Palpatine holding it together. The upper echelons of political and military power (who weren't clones) would scramble for whatever they could--fragmenting whatever "imperial power" there was that early on. And the drive to re-establish a Republic would be very strong in lieu of it all. The Empire wouldn't exist beyond Palpatine, and as we've seen in the EU, even after it was consolidated 24 years later, it still fractured quickly after Palpatine's death. And it was only he that could re-establish it again when he was Reborn. And then it collapsed again when he died. Again. Palpatine was the Empire. Vader was nothing.

red8
You're aware that there's more to the galaxy than clone soldiers, right? Palpatine had the adoration and willful obedience of the people (most of 'em). Anakin is just some shmuck. The galactic masses have no cause to believe in his leadership. And given that, again, he's an idiot, he'll screw up whatever he does try. Palatine also inherited a millennium's worth of knowledge, finances, resources, and power from the Sith Order. Anakin's got f*ck all in that regard. No charisma, no charm, no smarts, no leadership position, no capability. If Palaptine died circa 19 BBY, then Anakin's brief tenure under him as a Sith was in the role of glorified assassin. That, nor any of his other lack of attributes, is the characteristic trait of the leader of a massive galactic community.

At that stage, there would be no "inheriting the Empire". That new and young, such a fragile state would collapse quickly without Palpatine holding it together. The upper echelons of political and military power (who weren't clones) would scramble for whatever they could--fragmenting whatever "imperial power" there was that early on. And the drive to re-establish a Republic would be very strong in lieu of it all. The Empire wouldn't exist beyond Palpatine, and as we've seen in the EU, even after it was consolidated 24 years later, it still fractured quickly after Palpatine's death. And it was only he that could re-establish it again when he was Reborn. And then it collapsed again when he died. Again. Palpatine was the Empire. Vader was nothing. [/QUOTE

thumb up

Anakin had no political mandate. If he were to kill the emperor at the end of RotS, the Senate would retake power and Anakin would, at a minimum, be court marshalled, and at the most, be hunted down and killed by the clones.

In the OT years, he was too busy keeping Palpatine's minions in check. If Palpatine were to die unexpectedly (and Vader survived), there would still be a power vacuum. While Vader was a high ranking military official at this point, he still doesn't have much of a political mandate. The common people would see the Emperor's death as a lapse in control, and the rebels (or pro-Republic movement) could possibly gain ground.

The military would splinter and there would be basically warlords vying for control.
Interestingly enough though, this would probably be a more difficult environment for the Rebels to deal with. Having many decentralized enemies would be difficult to manage. Assuming the Rebels would be run by ex-Senators (since the Senate has been dissolved), these ex-Senators would have to convince the regional governors to support them.

Ultimately though, the Rebublic would have probably been reformed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.