Favourite Characters/Family of characters in the Marvel/DC Shared Universes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Astor Ebligis
Mine:

1. Vertigo Shared Universe/Dark line of the New 52

Some of the best and most mature storylines in comicbook history, and in general the horror/supernatural stuff has always really appealed to me and I've always found it really interesting. Favourite character would be Swamp Thing, followed closely by Constantine.

2. The X-Family of titles

Love the underlying themes and central conflict that runs through all the books, it's been the home to the majority of my favourite characters, and the best Marvel events have been by far the ones centred around the Mutant situation. By far the best out of all the Marvel stuff in other media as well.

3. Baman/Bat-Family

Probably my single favourite character, and definitely one of the darkest most mature lines out there. Some of my favourite stories of all time, but Grant Morrison's run definitely stands out as my absolute favourite.

4. Daredevil

He's consistently been written extremely well and had some really interesting stories. Waid's current run has been great, Frank Miller's was legendary, but it's the stuff by Bendis and Brubaker that made me such a fan of the character. Would recommend reading Frank Miller's run, and then all of volumes 2 and 3.

abhilegend
1. Superman family
2. X-men family
3. Batman family

Digi
Originally posted by abhilegend
1. Superman family
2. X-men family
3. Batman family

laughing out loud

This is, no joke, probably my bottom three among well-known comic groups.

I'll throw you a small bone - I like Batman himself, and his villains, and there are so many filthy mutants that every now and then some will be ok - but still. I lol'd. I'd give up on comics if these were my fandoms.

Anyway:

1. Authority/Stormwatch (WS, not DNCU Stormwatch). They had a great love/hate thing going on, and were just badass teams as a whole.
2. JSA Family (pre-FP). The gold standard for heroism in a team book.
3. Too many to list. Maybe Ultimate FF, maybe pre-FP Flash villains, maybe the extended Spider-verse. There are others as well.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Digi
laughing out loud

This is, no joke, probably my bottom three among well-known comic groups.

I'll throw you a small bone - I like Batman himself, and his villains, and there are so many filthy mutants that every now and then some will be ok - but still. I lol'd. I'd give up on comics if these were my fandoms.

Anyway:

1. Authority/Stormwatch (WS, not DNCU Stormwatch). They had a great love/hate thing going on, and were just badass teams as a whole.
2. JSA Family (pre-FP). The gold standard for heroism in a team book.
3. Too many to list. Maybe Ultimate FF, maybe pre-FP Flash villains, maybe the extended Spider-verse. There are others as well.
Well, I'd think the fact that my fandom actually exists and doesn't gets wiped out by every crisis I think I did rather well. You actually gave up on the comics after Flashpoint, remember?

But drop the condescending tone. You like your comics, I like mine. I couldn't care less about what someone else thinks about those comics I like.

Digi
Well, I'd think the fact that my fandom actually exists and doesn't gets wiped out by every crisis I think I did rather well. You actually gave up on the comics after Flashpoint, remember?

Not comics. DC comics. I'm back to following Spidey and some interesting indie books.

Continued existence probably shouldn't be the criteria for success. I'd take pre-FP JSA over every incarnation of most books. But yeah, FP wrecked my interests.

But drop the condescending tone. You like your comics, I like mine. I couldn't care less about what someone else thinks about those comics I like.

Obviously. Wasn't suggesting otherwise.

Astor Ebligis
I've never been able to get into Spiderman. The tone's always been way too lighthearted for my liking.

Mindship
Galactus and Galacta.

pym-ftw
Pym's robot family & now cat family
Heroes 4 hire
Academy kids

Endless Mike
No fans of Marvel's first family?

Also the Endless.

Digi
Originally posted by Endless Mike
No fans of Marvel's first family?

Also the Endless.

Both solid picks.

neighborsmovie
Galactus and Galacta

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.