Darth Revan vs Darth Malak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Darth Revan: Jedi Civil War
-versus-
Darth Malak: The Star Forge

Bloodthirsty; 5 meters apart.

Lord Lucien
Remember how KotOR ended?

That.

DarthAnt66
Malak and Bastila stated KotOR Revan is superior to Darth Revan.

Emperordmb
Malak wins due to star forge

Lord Lucien
The OP is unclear. Is it stating that Revan is fighting Darth Malak as Malak was during the final confrontation on the Star Forge at KotOR's end?

DarthAnt66
Yes, I made that quite clear when I said Malak is on the Star Forge.

Lord Lucien
No, you didn't. In the same format you gave Revan a timeframe and Malak a location. Be clearer.

And essentially you're pairing a Revan about whom we have... little feats, and a Malak with whom we have video-game feats.

DarthAnt66
The Star Forge Malak can refer to both a timeframe and a location.

Then don't come to the topic. I never asked for your opinion on the choice of the characters who are fighting, but rather who would be the victor.

Lord Lucien
You understand that to come to a conclusion, feats are needed, don't you? Revan has none during the war, and Malak's KotOR feats are all in-game mechanics. This is something we've been telling every new member who comes here for years.

DarthAnt66
Revan has several feats and accolades from the war and before, please educate yourself on Revan.

Malak also has feats from the Mandalorian Wars, accolades, and cutscenes feats from the Jedi Civil War.

Your lack of knowledge on the era is disturbing.

Lord Lucien
Eesh, another one.

Whatever, man. Just go ahead.

DarthAnt66

DarthAnt66

Nephthys
YaG5SAw1n0c

DarthAnt66
That's my favorite TV show actually: The Community. I'm on Season 3 so far and it's ****ing hilarious.

But yes, I will admit my gayness for Revan.

Lord Lucien
Yeah we've gotten like... I don't probably about 20 guys come through here over the years who have listed pretty much all the stuff you just did about Revan and declared them indicative of combat prowess. They're not. Prowess (and power) in general, sure. But specific combative abilities? Like someone's specific endurance, stamina, speed, reflexes, pain threshold, situational mentality, etc. etc.? No.

All of that shows that he was brilliant, awesome, capable, powerful etc. etc. But how does that help us know how he would fair in a duel with Malak? He defeated Mandalore and outsmarted the Mandalorians in war. Great. How does that help us know how he would fair against Malak.

He can learn languages quickly and impart them in to a race's head. Great. How does that help us know how he'll fair against Malak?
People called him gifted and deadly. Great. How does that help us know how he'll fair against Malak?
He was skilled with telekinesis. Great. How does that help us know how he'll fair against Malak?
He was a master swordsman. Great. How does that help us know how he'll fair against Malak.

See, Revan is a character whose feats and abilities are all exposited through others. A vicarious character. I could have a million people call me one of the greatest boxers and model train builders who ever lived. But how does that help anyone know if I can beat The Hurricane in a fight? Specifically The Hurricane from a specific point in time in a certain place. There's no footage of my boxing abilities, no detailed breakdown of my abilities or tendencies from fight-to-fight, scenario-to-scenario. I could throw out any conclusion I want and call it "an opinion". I could be an ass and call it an "informed opinion" too boot. But it's based on what tickles my fancy the most, not on what makes sense.

You may as well actually open a thread to see who the better model train builder is, Revan or Malak. Revan defeated the Mandalorians so I think it's pretty clear what is model-train building skills are like. And Malak can drain Jedi on the Star Forge, so his model-train building powers are pretty clear too.

DarthAnt66
You make PTforthewin seem intelligent.

You don't need specific combative abilities in order to form a debate. You compare and contrast what is given.

thumb up

You compare the feats and quotes they both store, then determine the victor, like every other versus thread.

It demonstrates high intelligence and knowledge on many unorthodox powers that can be effective against Malak.

Because you compare those quotes to what Malak received...

Don't be a dumbass here. You include the factor of telekinesis, for both have feats/accolades on such. You do this for every other god damn versus thread in existence.

You compare his swordsman feats to Malak's...like everyother versus thread...ever.

I see you cannot handle a versus thread without an abundance of feats and accolades. The Hero of Tython to my knowledge has no feats on pain tolerance and situational mentality, guess we can't have a damn debate on him.

Nephthys
Ok.

Malak wins in every category because Revan is an almost complete unknown and the areas he isn't an unknown in, Malak has just as good or better feats.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I see you cannot handle a versus thread without an abundance of feats and accolades. Holy shit...

DarthAnt66
At least you give a response instead of ranting like Bumbleass over here.

Also, here you go:

He survives a crash landing on Lehon and survives Malak's star destroyer firing at him. Also I don't Revan's pain tolerance would change at all, so he can survive Vitiate's lightning full out and still stand up once it's over.

Most characters don't have endurance feats.
However Jedi Revan could run through the Star Forge while slaughtering an army of Sith and War Droids.

You can argue he is depicted with his lightsaber in a blur in the image of him against Mandalore.

Precognition

Elaborate what you mean by this.

DarthAnt66
Also can I motion anyone to this thread?: www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t594281.html
I have determined Darth Revan=Lehon KotOR Revan

Lord Lucien
Out of genuine curiosity... how old are you?

DarthAnt66
I'm turning 7 next month. I expect a present.
Then again, you are the one with an avatar of Dr. Bees.

Nephthys
At least you give a response instead of ranting like Bumbleass over here.

Aw yiiiiiss!

Anyway, at the end of the day:

Lightsabers: Revan only has feats of beating muggles and we don't even know if he did it with a lightsaber. We do know that he cut off Malaks jaw, but Malak improved beyond that. In the end Malak is probably better than him with the SF amp.

TK: Malak overpowered 2 Jedi at once on the Star Forge. He wins.

Lightning: Malak with amp = win.

Everything else: Malak. :<

NewGuy01
Dr. Bees is a short made by Harry Partridge, an animator who makes rather adult themed cartoons. How does that lead you to that conclusion, Ant?

As for your question, Lord Lucien, he's a year younger than me. Now if only you knew my age. sleep

DarthAnt66
FWI Sas is 7, hence me being only 6 at the minute.

NewGuy01
laughing

Fated Xtasy
I think Darth Revan wins, I mean couldn't he also tap into the destructive power of the Star Forge? and well Darth Revan has the advantage of remembering his old sith abilities and is probably more of a ferocious combatant than KotOR Revan, I mean if Revan was strong enough to defeat Malak without the tapping into to the dark power of the Star forge how powerful would he be if he did just that?

NewGuy01
My KOTOR Revan tapped into the power of the Star Forge and kicked Malak's ****ing ass.

DarthAnt66
Of course you did. My HK soloed nearly the entire Star Forge on my second play through.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Dr. Bees is a short made by Harry Partridge, an animator who makes rather adult themed cartoons. How does that lead you to that conclusion, Ant?

As for your question, Lord Lucien, he's a year younger than me. Now if only you knew my age. sleep Aw see that's tricky. You speak like a thoughtful adult and he speaks like an angry teenager. Of course he could just be an adult with the mental capacity of same, but I wanna give him the benefit of the doubt.

NewGuy01
Point was that Dark Revan + Star Forge = Annihilation of poor Malak.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Point was that Dark Revan + Star Forge = Annihilation of poor Malak.
thank you NewGuy01, at least you get it smile

nfactor1995
Up

Ursumeles
Either way.

UCanShootMyNova
Malak.

Haschwalth
Malak Tbh.

SunRazer
Probably still Revan, lol.

ThirdReich
Originally posted by SunRazer
Revan, lol.

SunRazer
Yeah, I can't really take the position of Malak winning. KotOR Revan was been stronger than Darth Revan, but does the difference really make up for the armies he had to fight through and the hindrance he suffered by being on such a powerful DS nexus as the Star Forge?

Moreover, Malak doesn't have access to nine Jedi bodies to feed off. And even with all those things considered, you'd still have Revan beating Malak decisively. So you would have to think there was a pretty massive gap between KotOR and Darth Revan, which I just don't think is the case.

Rockydonovang
didn't malak state he was more powerful than darth revan? I mean, sure it'sa subjective opinion, but unless there's something contradicting it, I'm not sure why we can't just go off that

DarthAnt66
The above comment reveals so much about Kbro, lmfao.

UCanShootMyNova
Holy shit. He snuck one by you.

Bro. Kbro is getting too powerful. His trolling just got you too.

DarthAnt66
Is he trolling? I'm not sure how you could tell.

UCanShootMyNova
I think so. If not, he just anti-trolled me. GG

DarthAnt66
I don't think Kbro knows anything about KotOR, so I don't imagine he'd troll about it.

Rockydonovang
I played Kotor, yea. But I have better things to do than perfectly remember every detail. I recall Malak stating how he became more powerful than darth revan, but I may have misremembered as I happen to be a hooman being.

DarthAnt66
Aha! See, Syn, I'm right.

UCanShootMyNova
Damn. I got anti-trolled. GG

thesithmaster
Revan. Remember how Malak lost his jaw?

Haschwalth
Originally posted by thesithmaster
Revan. Remember how Malak lost his jaw?
A Pre prime Malak.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Malak wins.

SunRazer
Just how big are we imagining the gap between KotOR Revan and Darth Revan to be? Especially KotOR Revan being hindered on the SF nexus.

Haschwalth
Just how big are we imagining the gap between KotOR Revan and Darth Revan to be? Especially KotOR Revan being hindered on the SF nexus.

The difference between Starforge amped Malak and not.

SunRazer
That still amounts to Revan decisively defeating Malak with nine Jedi bodies to feed off, lol.

Haschwalth
Darth Malak=Darth Revan
Darth malak SF<Kotor Revan.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Darth Malak=Darth Revan

Why?

Haschwalth
Why?
Darth Revan/Malak battle in which malak lost his jaw was described desperate.
And, Malak has grown a fair bit since then.

ILS
I'm not like all the Revanites who came before me, none of dared research where I have.

Darth Revan force chokes an Imperial Officer.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/3813386-8106898770-Revan.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/43ef5or.png

Haschwalth
Originally posted by ILS
http://i.imgur.com/43ef5or.png
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

SunRazer
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Darth Revan/Malak battle in which malak lost his jaw was described desperate.
And, Malak has grown a fair bit since then.

That doesn't make them equals. A desperate fight doesn't even have to be fought between combatants resembling each other in power.

There has long appeared to be a significant disparity between Revan and Malak, whether it's Malak being afforded none of the poetic hype that is so frequently ascribed to Revan in the games, their respective performances against Mandalore, or their encounters in KotOR.

Not saying they can't be close but that one piece of evidence doesn't convince me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.