X Men versus the Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Spleen
X Men versus the Avengers. Movies only. All movie feats count. For example, Jean can do everything she did in all X Men movies.

Timeline: End of the first X Men movie. The X Men must go to Ellis Island, just as they did in the movie, to face the Avengers instead of the mutants they faced in the X Men movie. Here are the teams:

X Men: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Wolverine, Iceman, Pyro, Juggernaut and Agent Zero.

Avengers: Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Cap, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Nick Fury.

Everyone has all their weapons/powers from their movies. Who wins? No Magneto or Charles, that would make it spite.

DrDeadpool
Avengers win , Iron man can take Cyclops and storm , Hulk will kill Juggernaut and Wolverine and rest is for Thor!

Placidity
Does this mean we can use Dark Phoenix feats?

Impediment
Who is going to stop Hulk?

Tattoos N Scars
Mystique alternates between the forms of black widow, hawkeye, cap, thor, and
Stark. She starts taking shots at Hulk whuch leada him to think his own team is against him. Then Avengers are fighting x men and hulk.

Noodles71
No one on the X-Men side can take either Thor or Hulk. If Jean gets her head out of her ass and is marginally useful unlike she was in X1 or 2, then we might get somewhere

The Spleen
Originally posted by Impediment
Who is going to stop Hulk? Jean Grey can use her TK to immobilize Hulk.

Unless we are going to, once again, argue TK vs brute strength.

quanchi112
Avengers win.

The Spleen
Originally posted by Placidity
Does this mean we can use Dark Phoenix feats? Of course, DP is part of who Jean is. Also, way I see it:

Zero can easily take out Widow, Fury, Cap and Hawkeye.

Hulk can be TK'd by Jean.

Iron Man will be ***** slapped from the air by Storm. She is capable of conjuring Tornadoes that wrecked 3-4 fighter jets. Once IM is on the ground, Wolverine slices him up.

Thor? Iceman and Pyro can easily tag team him with fire and ice. Not to mention Cyclops spamming optic blasts. Hell, he can remove his glasses and solo.

Silent Master
This is major spite against the X-men.

Tattoos N Scars
Nightcrawler could start teleporting hearts, lungs, and brains out.

But, he's not in this battle.

The Spleen
Originally posted by Silent Master
This is major spite against the X-men. Nah, already covered it.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by The Spleen
Jean Grey can use her TK to immobilize Hulk.

Unless we are going to, once again, argue TK vs brute strength.

Zero screen feats of her doing that, when she was in her most powerful moment, wolverine walked right up too her.

Hulk smash

Thors Hammer to the face.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Nightcrawler could start teleporting hearts, lungs, and brains out.

But, he's not in this battle. When does he do that in the film ?

Are you slow ? It's ok just tell me.

The Spleen
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Zero screen feats of her doing that, when she was in her most powerful moment, wolverine walked right up too her.

Hulk smash

Thors Hammer to the face. She lifted the X Jet with ease AND stopped a tsunami at the same time, Champ. Also, that was DP, and she LET Wolverine walk up to her.

Hulk die.

Thor die.

Get on my level, Noobie.

jinXed by JaNx
X-men

TH3_V01D
You are so unfair TC, xmen lacks their top guns
Anyway, Xavier freezes everyone minus the Xmen.

-Agent Zero puts a bullet into Cap, Widow, Hawkeye heads
-Jean manipulates Iron Man, Wolverine decapitate him.
-Wolvie just rip out Thor and Hulk hearts with his adamantium claws, this is movie verse people, insane durability is not here going by how those two cover their asses against ordinary gunfire.

jinXed by JaNx
I think Jean would be better used against Thor. She could easily manipulate him. Iceman and Storm can take of the Hulk

Silent Master
If the timeline is the end of the 1st X-men movie, how are DP feats valid? Seems to me that the OP realized that the X-men would lose so decieded to change the stips.

Zack Fair
The OP confused me.

the ninjak
Did Jean actually have decent TP feats in X1?

Stealth Moose
She directed Scott's optic blast, IIRC. But nothing huge.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
She directed Scott's optic blast, IIRC. But nothing huge.
If that's the extent of her telepathic manipulation then she along with the rest of the team won't last long.

wakkawakkawakka
^ However if this is composite Jean, then she could arguably solo.

Also as we've seen in Thor 2, physically beating the crap out of Thor can lead to a KO. The problem with this however is that I doubt anyone on the Xmen team is strong enough to do that.

the ninjak
No one on the X-Men team including Colossus is capable of beating Thor, Ironman and Hulk into KO.

Strength isn't the issue, it's manipulation. And if Jean can't do her job the X-Men are screwed.

wakkawakkawakka
^ You're right about Hulk and Thor though Iron Man is debatable. We've seen his suit take some damage along with him being battered himself in all 3 movies, in addition to his best strength feat coming from the first movie.

Perhaps but considering she could make ever save for perhaps Thor go poof, then that shouldn't be that difficult. Either that of have Hulk beat up Thor then make the rest of the team go poof.

the ninjak
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
^ You're right about Hulk and Thor though Iron Man is debatable. We've seen his suit take some damage along with him being battered himself in all 3 movies, in addition to his best strength feat coming from the first movie.

Perhaps but considering she could make ever save for perhaps Thor go poof, then that shouldn't be that difficult. Either that of have Hulk beat up Thor then make the rest of the team go poof.

Dude the fight is based off the first X-Men movie!

wakkawakkawakka
^ Oh...my bad the OP confused me with that bit about Jean.

Avenger wins.

DrDeadpool
^ However if this is composite Jean, then she could arguably solo.

Also as we've seen in Thor 2, physically beating the crap out of Thor can lead to a KO. The problem with this however is that I doubt anyone on the Xmen team is strong enough to do that.

Who do you think in X men team is capable of beating Iron man ?

wakkawakkawakka
^ Juggernaut or a Iceman/Wolverine combo? but serious the Iron man suit isn't the most durable thing.

the ninjak
^ Juggernaut or a Iceman/Wolverine combo? but serious the Iron man suit isn't the most durable thing.

Actually it is. IM3s suit was fragile. But the other suits were practically based upon durability.

wakkawakkawakka
The Avenger's suit is the most durable however the suits in IM1 and 2, while obviously more durable than the ones in IM3, were still maliable enough for me to believe that the Xmen team could deal with them.

the ninjak
The Avenger's suit is the most durable however the suits in IM1 and 2, while obviously more durable than the ones in IM3, were still maliable enough for me to believe that the Xmen team could deal with them.

IM1's suit took a shell and fell to the earth at full speed. And got up like he just took a common blow to the head.

I actually hate the film's armors compared to the comic book versions but facts are facts.

wakkawakkawakka
Falling to earth? The shell one pretty solid I'll given you that.

the ninjak
Falling to earth? The shell one pretty solid I'll given you that.

The film Ironman armors are pretty basic compared to the comics.

The comic versions have force fields and inertial dampeners. Which save Stark from an insane amount of damage.

The films just rely on armor plating, which, as a comic fan is a shame.

There is no way in hell Stark can survive his falls without the two scientific advancements I mentioned.

DrDeadpool
Originally posted by the ninjak
The film Ironman armors are pretty basic compared to the comics.

The comic versions have force fields and inertial dampeners. Which save Stark from an insane amount of damage.

The films just rely on armor plating, which, as a comic fan is a shame.

There is no way in hell Stark can survive his falls without the two scientific advancements I mentioned.

I agree Iron man's armors in movies are joke compared to his comic counterpart !!! No anti magnetism, no anti gravity, no force field, no second generation plasma weapons, no kinetic absorption, no lightsaber like weapons ..
And the list can go on , hell i remember one time he became an atomic bomb and survived it himself without having a scratch on his suit , I hop In Avengers 2 they add a few things to his suit.

Werewolf582
Originally posted by The Spleen

X Men: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Wolverine, Iceman, Pyro, Juggernaut and Agent Zero.

Avengers: Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Cap, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Nick Fury.

Are we using Phoenix Jean?

wakkawakkawakka
^ Nope! We're using X1 Jean it seems.

Though now that I think about it, couldn't Storm whip up some tornadoes like she did in X2?

Dreampanther
Avengers would crush the X-Men. Thor fought inside a tornado that he whipped up himself when Coulson tried to recruit him for the Avengers - how is Storm going to hurt him? Hulk stopped a flying beast the size of building with a punch just to get warmed up for the fight. Iron Man has mutiple missiles to take care of Iceman, Pyro and Agent Zero - the concussion blasts alone should knock them unconscious. Wolverine can't be killed, but he can be knocked out by a bullet to the head. Cap's shield can absorb Cyclops's blasts until he gets close enough to knock him out. Don't see Hawkeye, Fury or Black Widow contributing much to the fight, though - they'd be better off sitting this one out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.