Marvel's Fall 2014 Event - AXIS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Igniz
Might as well start this since I accidentally stumbled upon it.

http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/f/f0/537cc8df5ef1f/landscape_xlarge.jpg

I got it from this site.

http://www.newsarama.com/21178-first-look-marvel-s-september-2014-event-axis.html

Kazenji
Seen news about this last month

looking foward to it.

SamZED
Too many villains. Skull is leading the team meaning what? Doom as his right hand man? Wont work. Goblin will probably be useless, flying around, tossing bombs ranting about wanting to avenge Spider-man. Eh.. Gotta have hope in Remender.

Kazenji
Also that's a strange looking Green Goblin from Jim Cheung, Looks more like a skrull.

Q99
I'm sure the villains made a totally smart move taking Loki onto their side! He's so trustworthy to the bad side nowadays!

Endless Mike
Doesn't Dr. Doom hate the Red Skull?

Kazenji
He probably bribed him to be his friend.

Deadline
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Doesn't Dr. Doom hate the Red Skull?

Don't think so. I think he's one of the few people he actually respects.

Bentley
Originally posted by Deadline
Don't think so. I think he's one of the few people he actually respects.

If I recall it correctly Doom has mistreated Johann before because of his gipsy origins and nazis persecuting gypsies.

HueyFreeman
Doesn't Dr. Doom hate the Red Skull? I dont think he likes him but he will make dealings with him

Galan007
Taken long enough! The RS/Onslaught concept was introduced back in UA #4, for sripes sake. srsly

Doesn't Dr. Doom hate the Red Skull? They've battled in the past, yes. Also, Doom loathes racists--and RS is one of the most prominent racists in all of comics. Suffice to say: I don't see a truce between them lasting too terribly long. If there's one thing history has proven, it's that only Doom controls Doom.

I am looking forward to this, though. They've got a shit-ton of ego on that villain roster. thumb up

Bentley
Red Skull is one of my favorite villains in Marvel, and frankly, he's the best foil for Doom as far as villanic allies go. And I say that as a huge Kang fan.

Deadline
Originally posted by Bentley
If I recall it correctly Doom has mistreated Johann before because of his gipsy origins and nazis persecuting gypsies.

Maybe but on Brubaker's run of Captain America they met and Doom seemed to respect him.

Originally posted by Galan007
Also, Doom loathes racists--

Does he? I thought he doesn't really care, he just wants to conquer the world and he's more concerned with people getting in his way.

-K-M-
How is this any different then the Cabel (Dark Reign)?

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/thumb/2/23/The_Cabal.jpg/406px-The_Cabal.jpg

Doom, Green Goblin and Loki were already on a villain team

Galan007
Does he? I thought he doesn't really care, he just wants to conquer the world and he's more concerned with people getting in his way. http://i.imgur.com/FDL8F2B.jpg

-K-M-
In a different interview they mention the group IS a new Cabel. So yeah....Dark Reign all over again unless there adding something else

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53137

Kazenji
Well not quite like Dark Reign, that would mean a villain taking control with lots of power and shaping the world in a new order.

Deadline
http://i.imgur.com/FDL8F2B.jpg

and that reinforces what I said. He really doesn't care wether Dracula is racist his primary concern is wether Dracula is a threat to him. When you say someone really doesn't care that doesn't mean they don't care at all and in the context of our discussion its....does Doom loathe racism so much he won't work with racists? The answer is no.

Furthermore Islam isn't a race it's a religion. Dracula doesn't have issues with Islam because of ethnicity it's most likely because back in the day he had conflict with the Ottoman Empire. To make matters worse Dracula is from Eastern Europe were there are lots of white muslims.

All the writer is trying to do is deal with current issues with bad writing. If I'm smart enough to point out Islam isn't a race I'm sure Doom can and Doom knows Dracula's history (in other words Doom knows the real reason why he hates Islam).

Galan007
does Doom loathe racism so much he won't work with racists? The answer is no. Obviously this isn't what I was suggesting, as Doom is clearly going to team-up with Red Skull during Axis. srsly

This doesn't change the fact that Doom doesn't like racists, however. He finds racism "ridiculous", in fact. thumb up

Lek Kuen
And isn't Doom's mom a gypsy (or somewhere his family is/was)?

Just one slip up and Skull get's a smack down

pym-ftw
Anyone know who that is behind Skull? Griffin?

Existere
Between Loki and Skull?

Sabretooth, I assume.

Deadline
Obviously this isn't what I was suggesting, as Doom is clearly going to team-up with Red Skull during Axis. srsly

This doesn't change the fact that Doom doesn't like racists, however. He finds racism "ridiculous", in fact. thumb up

Of course it isn't obvious, one could easily interpret you were suggesting that Dr Doom loathes racism, therefore what is he doing teaming up with Red Skull. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Looks like we agree on that.

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
And isn't Doom's mom a gypsy (or somewhere his family is/was)?

Just one slip up and Skull get's a smack down

I think the Red Skull is focusing his hate on mutants now and will work with people of different ethnic backgrounds.

Galan007
Of course it isn't obvious, one could easily interpret you were suggesting that Dr Doom loathes racism, therefore what is he doing teaming up with Red Skull. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Looks like we agree on that. I have no clue what you are even trying to say here... Pretty sure you don't either.

In summary: Doom teaming up with Red Skull in the coming months doesn't change the fact that he, by his own accord, despises racism. That is all I am saying. There is no need for you to add any further complexity to a point so simplistic. thumb up

leonidas
^lol i'm beginning to think it's just you. laughing out loud

Galan007
laughing

Crikey, it's certainly starting to seem that way! I'm a damn magnet for it at the very least, lol.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Existere
Between Loki and Skull?

Sabretooth, I assume. Creed has a cat face now?

Kazenji
I think its just that certain artist

hell take a look at Goblin he looks like a skrull.

Deadline
I have no clue what you are even trying to say here... Pretty sure you don't either.

In summary: Doom teaming up with Red Skull in the coming months doesn't change the fact that he, by his own accord, despises racism. That is all I am saying. There is no need for you to add any further complexity to a point so simplistic. thumb up

and I knew you were going to say that. Really it's my fault for replying to your post when I knew what you were going to do.

Galan007
I agree. thumb up

Kazenji
Tom Brevoot is saying this one will be like a Micheal Bay movie.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53412

HueyFreeman
I have no clue what you are even trying to say here... Pretty sure you don't either.

In summary: Doom teaming up with Red Skull in the coming months doesn't change the fact that he, by his own accord, despises racism. That is all I am saying. There is no need for you to add any further complexity to a point so simplistic. thumb up In his mind its Doom>everyone else. So racism is something he wouldnt respect because to him its one ignorant pissant claiming to be better than another ignorant pissant.

Kazenji
Also in regards to Red Skull with Onslaughts armor

how does he have it when, Onslaught split from Xavier?

SamZED
Why would Doom hate racism? Afaik according to him everyone and everything is beneath him so why would he even give a crap about some petty quarrels between inferior beings that come from their stupidity? As long as they worship him that is.

Galan007
Originally posted by Kazenji
Also in regards to Red Skull with Onslaughts armor

how does he have it when, Onslaught split from Xavier? hasn't yet been explained.

Originally posted by SamZED
Why would Doom hate racism? Afaik according to him everyone and everything is beneath him so why would he even give a crap about some petty quarrels between inferior beings that come from their stupidity? As long as they worship him that is. doom despises all sects of people equally, no matter their race/religion. that isn't 'racism', that's just villainy. thumb up

Lek Kuen
Why would Doom hate racism? Afaik according to him everyone and everything is beneath him so why would he even give a crap about some petty quarrels between inferior beings that come from their stupidity? As long as they worship him that is.

Well he hates idiocy in general so likely sees it as part of that. His Gypsy background and people's hatred of them likely has something to do it with as well, as iirc the past does still effect Doom to a degree especially regarding his mother.

StiltmanFTW
Too many villains.

Nah. Dark Reign worked just fine.

StiltmanFTW
Doom as his right hand man? Wont work.

After getting ass-raped by a second-rate antman, Doom can only count to be lucky enough to be Onslaught Skull's janitor...

Bentley
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
After getting ass-raped by a second-rate antman, Doom can only count to be lucky enough to be Onslaught Skull's janitor...

You say a second-rate Ant-man as if you were suggesting there was a first rate one.

Endless Mike
You say a second-rate Ant-man as if you were suggesting there was a first rate one.

Just wait until Marvel makes "The Superior Ant-Man"

StiltmanFTW

laughing out loud

krisblaze
Have they made any mention of a new x-students comic, like new x-men?

Or are we still stuck with 'wolverine and the x-men' ?

Kazenji
Originally posted by krisblaze

Well there's actually two school's now

Wolverines one (Jean grey school for higher learning) and then the Xavier one.

Astor Ebligis

You've got Wolverine and the X-Men as well as the backup in Brian Wood's X-Men series.

Igniz

Well there's a story Marvel is cooking up.The Death of Wolverine.So Wolverine and the X-men might get retitled once Wolverine is killed.

SamZED
Or they'll go three issues without him then he comes back...

Igniz
Or they'll go three issues without him then he comes back...

laughing out loud Wont dispute this.Although I was thinking X23 filling in for Wolverine.X23 and the X-men?

Kazenji
AXIS: CARNAGE And AXIS: HOBGOBLIN Bring Villains Out To Play This October

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=103018

SamZED
So they replaced Green Goblin with Hobgoblin. Just painted Norman's costume orange... I guess it's a good thing, GG should not be around right now besides that means he won't have to be some henchman in that story.

Galan007
AXIS: CARNAGE And AXIS: HOBGOBLIN Bring Villains Out To Play This October

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=103018 i know this is off topic, but i just cannot appreciate carnage the same unless clayton crain is penciling him. granted, nearly everything crain draws is phenomenal, but his symbiotes in particular are just...stunning.

http://i.imgur.com/5j7ypunl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/dfgbPxMl.jpg

*fappidyfap* dustywanky

Kazenji
Two teasers

Red Skull attempts to recruit Havok to his cause while the other one with 'superior' Tony Stark is blamed for the events of

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55173

SamZED
Who is Superior Iron Man? Tony? Or another mind swap story?

Galan007
evidently tony will become 'evil' and use his tech to attack San Fransisco:
http://www.newsarama.com/21598-superior-iron-man-to-unleash-tony-starks-inner-darkness.html

and since this ties-into AXIS, i'd imagine that red skull is pulling the strings, via mind-phuckery.

krisblaze
Tony's new armour looks like a white gimp-suit.

joesha28
So what is the chronological order of events? I am confused. Thor dropped Hammer in Original Sin and AXIS is the next event... Thor still has his hammer?

Kazenji
Originally posted by joesha28
So what is the chronological order of events? I am confused. Thor dropped Hammer in Original Sin and AXIS is the next event... Thor still has his hammer?

Nope he'll be using Jarnbjorn, Going by Thor #2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/Comic%20Scans/thor2014002-ribicdvar-104921_zpseb09570c.jpg~original

joesha28
Yes but what about in AXIS event, Thor is in that event right? Is he using Mjolnir or Jarnbjorn?

Kazenji
Too early to tell.

Galan007
Nope he'll be using Jarnbjorn, Going by Thor #2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/Comic%20Scans/thor2014002-ribicdvar-104921_zpseb09570c.jpg~original does he have a prosthetic arm too?

leonidas
so, what's everyone think of the 'event' so far?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by leonidas
so, what's everyone think of the 'event' so far?

It's been decent I guess. I mean overall it seems like a lot of the issues were seemingly like filler for the last 3. In which all hell will break loose with Evan/Genesis and the Red Skull probably returning in the last issue (the cover has him on it opening his mouth wide open with all the heroes being knocked back).

It has been good though. I liked how Remender has done the story. I mean it started with Uncanny X-Force to Uncanny Avengers vol 1 all the way to AXIS. So I think RR done well in implementing the story continuously for such a long while. My only problem in general is the cliffhangers left on every issue. Although it does work as I want to see more each time.

So overall a really good series.

One thing to ask your opinion.

If you see in this interview.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57073

Remender says this "and if Evan doesn't survive, maybe there's somebody else who ends up in an interesting situation coming out of this."

It makes me wonder if he was alluding to the Sentry, I mean a lot of Robert's story in UA was him talking about being Apocalypse's heir and stuff.

What do you reckon Leonidas?

Bentley
Somehow Cyclops will end up as Apocalypse thumb up

Either him or Havoc, whatever pisses Pr the most I guess mmm

leonidas
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
It's been decent I guess. I mean overall it seems like a lot of the issues were seemingly like filler for the last 3. In which all hell will break loose with Evan/Genesis and the Red Skull probably returning in the last issue (the cover has him on it opening his mouth wide open with all the heroes being knocked back).

It has been good though. I liked how Remender has done the story. I mean it started with Uncanny X-Force to Uncanny Avengers vol 1 all the way to AXIS. So I think RR done well in implementing the story continuously for such a long while. My only problem in general is the cliffhangers left on every issue. Although it does work as I want to see more each time.

So overall a really good series.

One thing to ask your opinion.

If you see in this interview.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57073

Remender says this "and if Evan doesn't survive, maybe there's somebody else who ends up in an interesting situation coming out of this."

It makes me wonder if he was alluding to the Sentry, I mean a lot of Robert's story in UA was him talking about being Apocalypse's heir and stuff.

What do you reckon Leonidas?

based on his comment sentry makes as much sense as anyone else i could think of. no doubt we've not seen the last of him for sure... i gotta say though, after the development of evan, i'd be disappointed if he were killed off so quickly.

i found it hilarious though that he brought up the epitome of PIS as a basis for his kluh/nova confrontation. laughing out loud he found the story wonderful. which is actually refreshing to hear because as a kid, before the forum started warping my sense of what is and isn't a fun story, i LOVED that arc! even now i've told people i enjoyed the story. most just think it so stupid that they can't see it as anything more than a PIS-fest....

as for axis itself--i gotta say i'm enjoying it quite a bit too. thumb up i've not read many of the corollaries, but it's been interesting seeing the role reversal's in the villains in particular. wanda is being made out to be quite the uber bad-ass. i've found spidey and nova to be pretty entertaining throughout. be interesting to find out if the process actually reversed xavier and skull. somehow, i don't see it being as easy as that....

Kazenji
Got around to starting this event, Finished the first book so far i'm enjoying it.

Bentley
What do you think guys?

http://i.imgur.com/hKTve8D.jpg

I think this map is sorely lacking Kang controlled territories, one would think an event around conquering would feature him mmm

Well, at least Egyptia should have Rama-tut.

Endless Mike
Every other one of those should nuke #17 as soon as possible.

Also, there needs to be Latveria somewhere.

leonidas
i can't believe how utterly TERRIBLE axis revolutions is..... was kinda cool seeing nightcrawler go off, but all that sh!t with thor?? terrible, terrible. they're turning the personality alterations into jokes. terrible terrible stuff.

Damborgson
How is it going?? Just briefly caught a glimpse of it and it felt like a fun story.

leonidas
the axis story was pretty good i thought. not great, but mostly enjoyable. the revolutions stories have almost entirely been utter trash, some of the worst story-telling i've seen in a long while. essentially unreadable imo.

leonidas
so the conclusion of the arc wasn't quite as bad as i thought. it could have some lasting impact i guess depending on what those who remained unchanged do. i thought the fight scenes were actually pretty good--unworthy thor got some real love imo. overall, not a terrible event i didn't think. revolutions though--THAT was terrible....

krisblaze
Somehow Cyclops will end up as Apocalypse thumb up

Either him or Havoc, whatever pisses Pr the most I guess mmm

Havok has been consistently outperforming Cyclops the last 10 years, so probably him wink

Branlor Swift
I just read the main series and it was God awful. It was Bendis tier garbage with too many characters to build any sort of real moments on. Not that it can't be accomplished but it sure as shit wasn't here.

The whole thing felt disconnected as shit though even in the same issues, the next panel of the same sequence even. Turrible stuff.

I don't know if the tie ins made it better but what 9 issues shouldn't have to rely on ties to be not utter shit.

Kazenji
Been catching up on this event, Finished the Carnage mini..i liked it

as for the main book currently up to book 5.

Kazenji
The original pitch for Axis

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/rick-remender-talks-low-influences-original-axis-pitch

Damn you Marvel.

Galan007
He would have still f*cked it up. thumb up

Existere
Sounds a little too similar to Dark Reign.

Kazenji
He would have still f*cked it up. thumb up

Except if he did it his way it wouldn't have been some big event story.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.