Superdoom vs. Thor with Power gem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sixth_Winged
Superdoom, the doomsday virus infected superman

Vs.

Mad Thor, Thor around the time his mind was unstable and had the Powergem.

Who wins?

Insane Titan
Thor wins

Golgo13
Too early to tell.

Epicurus
As of now, Thor clearly has the advantage. I'll wait and see if Doomsperman gets some uber feats. Which he probably won't, as they'll figure out a cure/treatment for the virus sooner rather than later.

D-Block
Originally posted by Epicurus
As of now, Thor clearly has the advantage. I'll wait and see if Doomsperman gets some uber feats. Which he probably won't, as they'll figure out a cure/treatment for the virus sooner rather than later.

h1a8
If SD has the powers of Superman and DD stacked then he wills easily. Or if SD has one of their powers then he win provided he still has his speed. Thor didn't gain much from the PG. There is no evidence to suggest his amp was beyond 2x his normal self. Going by the Thanos fight I would say Thor was 1.5x more amped (going by their previous encounters and how Thor has affected Thanos in the past).

carver9
Sigh

Insane Titan
Originally posted by h1a8
If SD has the powers of Superman and DD stacked then he wills easily. Or if SD has one of their powers then he win provided he still has his speed. Thor didn't gain much from the PG. There is no evidence to suggest his amp was beyond 2x his normal self. Going by the Thanos fight I would say Thor was 1.5x more amped (going by their previous encounters and how Thor has affected Thanos in the past). nice troll despite been proven wrong every time you use this example

DarkSaint85
If SD has the powers of Superman and DD stacked then he wills easily. Or if SD has one of their powers then he win provided he still has his speed. Thor didn't gain much from the PG. There is no evidence to suggest his amp was beyond 2x his normal self. Going by the Thanos fight I would say Thor was 1.5x more amped (going by their previous encounters and how Thor has affected Thanos in the past).

Strange viewpoint.

carver9
Lol

DarkSaint85

This is what I don't get.

OK, in this thread, you say SuperDoom, because Thor with PG never showed evidence of his amp. Even though he was described as being amped.

Fair enough, hyperbole exists in comics all the time. Showings are king, and a character can talk the talk all they like, but when it comes to actually putting a performance in, they are found wanting.

But yet, in the Namor/Ares thread, despite Ares losing to Namor in every battle they've had.....you chalk it up to PIS, and say in a comic, because of what Ares has been described as being (even though he never showed his full potential) he wins??

carver9
Aaaaannnnndddd he state that Thor never showed that much of an amp with the gem but yet...we haven't seen ANYTHING from this Superman. Then, he didn't even read the comic because if he did, he would know that Super Doom is basically all Doomsday since Superman has been weakened dramatically due to being hit by an enormous Kryptonite bomb and it outright stating that Superman is gone...it's nothing but Doomsday now. With that said, I want to know what showings H1 is using to give Super Doom the win...provide scans as well H1 since scans can be provided in Thor's favor.

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
This is what I don't get.

OK, in this thread, you say SuperDoom, because Thor with PG never showed evidence of his amp. Even though he was described as being amped.

Fair enough, hyperbole exists in comics all the time. Showings are king, and a character can talk the talk all they like, but when it comes to actually putting a performance in, they are found wanting.

But yet, in the Namor/Ares thread, despite Ares losing to Namor in every battle they've had.....you chalk it up to PIS, and say in a comic, because of what Ares has been described as being (even though he never showed his full potential) he wins?? No, I meant Ares going in planck time is PIS. Not Namor beating Ares.
I believe Ares wins because of the axe. That weapon can one shot Namor if landed.
In h2h Namor wins all day long though.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Aaaaannnnndddd he state that Thor never showed that much of an amp with the gem but yet...we haven't seen ANYTHING from this Superman. Then, he didn't even read the comic because if he did, he would know that Super Doom is basically all Doomsday since Superman has been weakened dramatically due to being hit by an enormous Kryptonite bomb and it outright stating that Superman is gone...it's nothing but Doomsday now. With that said, I want to know what showings H1 is using to give Super Doom the win...provide scans as well H1 since scans can be provided in Thor's favor. I gave an if then scenario. I didn't give anyone the win.
I said if the powers are stacked then SD wins. I said if SD retains Superman's speed then SD wins. That implies Thor wins otherwise.

DarkSaint85
As for the thread, Thor wins.

h1a8
As for the thread, Thor wins.

So now you understand what I meant? Ares planck time PIS and not Namor beating Ares is PIS?

If SD has Superman's speed then Thor loses. If not then Thor wins. Hopefully Thor doesn't get stabbed by one of those protrusions.

Insane Titan
As for the thread, Thor wins. agreed, Thor's not been harmed here

carver9
So now you understand what I meant? Ares planck time PIS and not Namor beating Ares is PIS?

If SD has Superman's speed then Thor loses. If not then Thor wins.

So you admit that you have nothing? With that said, Thor wins, correct?

DarkSaint85

If SD has Superman's speed then Thor loses. If not then Thor wins. Hopefully Thor doesn't get stabbed by one of those protrusions.

Still, no.

You ignore statements about PG Thors strength level, and cling to actual showings.

But in the other thread, you ignore actual showings, and cling to statements about Ares' skill.

Zack Fair
Thor wins lol.

h1a8
Still, no.

You ignore statements about PG Thors strength level, and cling to actual showings.

But in the other thread, you ignore actual showings, and cling to statements about Ares' skill. Ha ha ha lmao. WTH are you talking about? There were 0 statements about Thor's strength level. The only thing that was mentioned that Thor power will grow enough to wreck the universe (when he was trapped in the block). Outside the block Thor was gaining any power.

h1a8
So you admit that you have nothing? With that said, Thor wins, correct? No, it depends on whether SD has Superman's speed or whether SD is Superman and DD stacked.

If no to both then Thor wins.

carver9
No, it depends on whether SD has Superman's speed or whether SD is Superman and DD stacked.

If no to both then Thor wins.

Post scans of him having said speed. Then if he did...post scans of a weakened Superman with Doomsday mindset using said abilities 'during combat'. I'll be waiting.

deathslash
Thor rips Superdoom in half. shifty

Golgo13
Superdoom's best stuff hasn't even appeared yet. He's supposed to fight Brainiac who can warp reality with a thought. And is a universal telepath.

DarkSaint85
Ha ha ha lmao. WTH are you talking about? There were 0 statements about Thor's strength level. The only thing that was mentioned that Thor power will grow enough to wreck the universe (when he was trapped in the block). Outside the block Thor was gaining any power.

Simple.

You cling to statements in one thread (Ares vs Namor, where you ignore actual battles and cling to the statements that Ares was extremely skilled etc).

Then ignore statements elsewhere.

I was under the impression Warrior Madness Thor was 10x normal Thor, no?

Insane Titan
I was said not to be true warrior madness in the story but the handbooks and bios say it was .

But anyone with common sense could tell his state of mind/not holding back and the gems power amped him greatly

Prof. T.C McAbe
Depens how god Thor can access the Power Gem, if he does as well as he did during the arc or as good as Drax he won't win, also if Superman is allowed to take the Gem from him, like Thor took if from Drax it is game over. If the gem cannot be taken from Thor and Thor channls its full potential it would be spite.

Insane Titan
Lol so Thor didn't tap into the gems power !

The desperation is sad

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Lol so Thor didn't tap into the gems power !

The desperation is sad

He did but not the full potential.

Or do you think that Thanos can tank a hit from a Thor that uses the power gem at 100%?

Mr Master
Thor was becoming more powerful by the minute even though he was taping the Gem sub-consciously.
Eternity itself stated, that with time, Thor would become a threat to a good portion of the multiverse.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Mr Master
Thor was becoming more powerful by the minute even though he was taping the Gem sub-consciously.
Eternity itself stated, that with time, Thor would become a threat to a good portion of the multiverse.

I know, so it is as said, Superman has to win fast, or remove the gem fast, if he isn't allowed to, then it is spite.

Diesldude
SuperDoom is the combination of the names of the two most awesome characters in comics. Of course be wins.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
He did but not the full potential.

Or do you think that Thanos can tank a hit from a Thor that uses the power gem at 100%? the power gem has unlimited energy/power so he would never actually use it full potential.

Why couldn't he, he tanked a hit from Magus that that had 5 Infinty gems including the PG. Magus was using all the gems power to merge 2 universes

h1a8
the power gem has unlimited energy/power so he would never actually use it full potential.

Why couldn't he, he tanked a hit from Magus that that had 5 Infinty gems including the PG. Magus was using all the gems power to merge 2 universes Magus didn't intend on killing Thanos. He was trying to get Thanos to say something.

Simple.

You cling to statements in one thread (Ares vs Namor, where you ignore actual battles and cling to the statements that Ares was extremely skilled etc).

Then ignore statements elsewhere.

I was under the impression Warrior Madness Thor was 10x normal Thor, no? Odin said in the arc that Thor wasn't under warrior madness at all. So the only amp Thor got was the PG.

Post scans of him having said speed. Then if he did...post scans of a weakened Superman with Doomsday mindset using said abilities 'during combat'. I'll be waiting. Carver stop acting rucking fetarded. I didn't make any claims about SD's speed. I said if SD has that speed (I don't know if he does or not).

DarkSaint85
So based on showings and based on what's actually happened, Thor wins thumb up

Stoic
The most important part of this, is realizing that this version of Superman would be unable to hurt Thor with the Power Gem. It makes its host invincible when CIS is not involved. In other words, Thor destroys him.

Insane Titan
Magus didn't intend on killing Thanos. He was trying to get Thanos to say something.

Odin said in the arc that Thor wasn't under warrior madness at all. So the only amp Thor got was the PG.

Carver stop acting rucking fetarded. I didn't make any claims about SD's speed. I said if SD has that speed (I don't know if he does or not). so what if he didn't want to kill him, you think he hit him soft as he can so he admitted something ? Retard I thought you was all about logic

DarkSaint85

Odin said in the arc that Thor wasn't under warrior madness at all. So the only amp Thor got was the PG.

Handbooks said he was.

I know what your next line would be: handbooks are superseded by what actually happens in comics.

Which leads me neatly to the Namor/Ares fight. In handbooks, Ares is described as supremely skilled etc. In fights? Not so much.

Estacado
Superdoom has amazing feats....like being Superdoom.

He wins 10/10.

h1a8
Eternity itself stated, that with time, Thor would become a threat to a good portion of the multiverse. That would take a hell of a long time though.
Problem is, why didn't Eternity try to stop Thor beforehand. Because comic characters sometimes have the intelligence of the writer himself.

Thor was becoming more powerful while inside the block because he was trying to get out.
But
Outside the block I can agree he was getting more powerful but very very slowly.
We know this because of his fights. He had the gem for a good amount of time and didn't seem anymore powerful than when he first got the gem. So prehaps he was gaining 1 ton of strength a minute?

Anyway, Thor was getting more powerful. So the key to winning is beating him before it's too late (just like Hulk).

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
The most important part of this, is realizing that this version of Superman would be unable to hurt Thor with the Power Gem. It makes its host invincible when CIS is not involved. In other words, Thor destroys him. No limit fallacy. Thor was getting hurt and affected with the gem throughout the arc.

Also, not being able to be hurt implies infinite durability which implies infinite power. It was clear that Thor was tapping into the gem very slowly, gaining strength little by little. He was far from invincible. Odin probably could have one shotted him since Odin broke out of the block with ease while Thor was trapped trying to get out (while growing in power) for a long time.

h1a8
so what if he didn't want to kill him, you think he hit him soft as he can so he admitted something ? Retard I thought you was all about logic

The power is controlled mentally. It doesn't matter as he didn't intend on killing Thanos. So the feat is not a good one to use to compare against Thor with PG.

h1a8
Handbooks said he was.

I know what your next line would be: handbooks are superseded by what actually happens in comics.

Which leads me neatly to the Namor/Ares fight. In handbooks, Ares is described as supremely skilled etc. In fights? Not so much.

If you read the majority of the blood and thunder arc, it was understood by all that Thor was under warrior madness. The writer of the handbook read this and concluded as much.
It wasn't until the final comic or two (the one where the handbook writer didn't read) that Odin realized that it wasn't warrior's madness and that he made Thor that way be creating the Donald Blake persona which divided Thor's soul. Warrior madness can't be cured. That is why Odin said Thor must die. But when he realized that it wasn't truly warrior madness he realized Thor can be cured.

Ares has shown plenty of skill in comics. Isn't that why you gave him a 1.1 skill advantage over Namor?

P.S. I never went by handbooks to justify Ares skill. I went by comics and the suspension of disbelief (Ares is the god of war, master of combat, millions of years experience, etc.)

Insane Titan
The power is controlled mentally. It doesn't matter as he didn't intend on killing Thanos. So the feat is not a good one to use to compare against Thor with PG. he intended to hurt Thanos badly so it can be used or he would of used the power of the soul or mind gem to get Thanos to admit it.

Plus you don't and never have known what you're talking about

Mr Master

That would take a hell of a long time though.
Problem is, why didn't Eternity try to stop Thor beforehand. Because comic characters sometimes have the intelligence of the writer himself.
It was actually by the second. My bad, but good for Thor.

Eternity's moment was just the writer indicating to us just how powerful Thor would become.
He's not going to have Eternity step in at that instant cause we got a story to read/enjoy.

Thor was becoming more powerful while inside the block because he was trying to get out.
But
Outside the block I can agree he was getting more powerful but very very slowly.
We know this because of his fights. He had the gem for a good amount of time and didn't seem anymore powerful than when he first got the gem.
Don't recall Thanos constricting his statement to Thor getting out of the block.
In fact, I'm almost certain Thanos was referring to Thor in general.
It just so happened to be, that Thanos was able to analyze Thor in his brief time within the block.

So prehaps he was gaining 1 ton of strength a minute?
Can't say, there's no allusion to the specifics, but whatever it was, it was, per second.

Anyway, Thor was getting more powerful. So the key to winning is beating him before it's too late (just like Hulk).
Interesting. I'm not sure it's that cut and dry.

You see, once the PG is in his use, even at base levels, his power is already ridiculous.
Also, Thor didn't just acquire super-strength and durability, the PG offers many goodies.

Thor was able to withstand and reverse a karmic soul attack by Warlock's Infinity Gem, combined with a mystic psychic blast, by Dr Strange.

And they weren't holding back. (literally stated)

Thor also simultaneously one-shot Silver Surfer-Drax & Pip. (space Gem)

I can't see "Hulk" capable of such.

DarkSaint85
If you read the majority of the blood and thunder arc, it was understood by all that Thor was under warrior madness. The writer of the handbook read this and concluded as much.
It wasn't until the final comic or two (the one where the handbook writer didn't read) that Odin realized that it wasn't warrior's madness and that he made Thor that way be creating the Donald Blake persona which divided Thor's soul. Warrior madness can't be cured. That is why Odin said Thor must die. But when he realized that it wasn't truly warrior madness he realized Thor can be cured.

Ares has shown plenty of skill in comics. Isn't that why you gave him a 1.1 skill advantage over Namor?

P.S. I never went by handbooks to justify Ares skill. I went by comics and the suspension of disbelief (Ares is the god of war, master of combat, millions of years experience, etc.)

What scans do you have to justify his skill? Time to put up or shut up.

h1a8
It was actually by the second. My bad, but good for Thor.

Eternity's moment was just the writer indicating to us just how powerful Thor would become.
He's not going to have Eternity step in at that instant cause we got a story to read/enjoy.

Don't recall Thanos constricting his statement to Thor getting out of the block.
In fact, I'm almost certain Thanos was referring to Thor in general.
It just so happened to be, that Thanos was able to analyze Thor in his brief time within the block.

Can't say, there's no allusion to the specifics, but whatever it was, it was, per second.

Interesting. I'm not sure it's that cut and dry.

You see, once the PG is in his use, even at base levels, his power is already ridiculous.
Also, Thor didn't just acquire super-strength and durability, the PG offers many goodies.

Thor was able to withstand and reverse a karmic soul attack by Warlock's Infinity Gem, combined with a mystic psychic blast, by Dr Strange.

And they weren't holding back. (literally stated)

Thor also simultaneously one-shot Silver Surfer-Drax & Pip. (space Gem)

I can't see "Hulk" capable of such.

Actually Thor was getting stronger continuously (per minute, per second, per millisecond, etc.). Gaining 1 ton per minute continuously is gaining 1/60 of a ton per second.
It's not EXACTLY cut and dry but APPROXIMATELY cut and dry since for hours Thor never shown a dramatic increase in strength with the short amount of time he had the PG (hardly any tbh). So it is reasonable to assume between 1 ton per minute and 1 ton per second.

Every user of the PG is different. Extreme feats can't be shared really since we have users not able to tap into the gem as well as others. We must only go one what was shown in the Arc by that particular user to gauge how much they were tapping into the gem. Thor was getting hurt by strikes and his strength never went over 2x his normal self (going by all of his feats in the arc).

Thor basically one shotted Drax without the PG prior with Mjolnir. Thor with PG didn't one shot Drax with Mjolnir. He one shotted him with a blast. Also, he koed Surfer and Pip with different hits at different times (not simultaneously). With Surfer it was a hammer throw. Earlier without the PG Thor nearly koed Surfer (severely stunned him) with a hammer throw. We don't know how he koed Pip since it wasn't shown.

Thor was used the Gem to reverse the blast by Strange and Warlock. Physical hits are different and instantaneously. Energy projection won't play a role in this fight.

h1a8
What scans do you have to justify his skill? Time to put up or shut up. Why argue when you already agree? You are now baiting.

psycho gundam
So prehaps he was gaining 1 ton of strength a minute? for the love of phuck facepalm

quanchi112
Why argue when you already agree? You are now baiting. Asking for you to gladiator your claims isn't baiting it is debating.

D-Block
Originally posted by psycho gundam
for the love of phuck facepalm laughing

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
Asking for you to gladiator your claims isn't baiting it is debating. It is when he already agrees with my claim. If we both believe Thor is stronger than Thing then what will be the point of asking you to prove it other than baiting?

quanchi112
It is when he already agrees with my claim. If we both believe Thor is stronger than Thing then what will be the point of asking you to prove it other than baiting? Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What scans do you have to justify his skill? Time to put up or shut up. He said skill not strength.

laughing out loud

Mr Master

Actually Thor was getting stronger continuously (per minute, per second, per millisecond, etc.). Gaining 1 ton per minute continuously is gaining 1/60 of a ton per second.
It's not EXACTLY cut and dry but APPROXIMATELY cut and dry since for hours Thor never shown a dramatic increase in strength with the short amount of time he had the PG (hardly any tbh). So it is reasonable to assume between 1 ton per minute and 1 ton per second.
We'll never know the what that means exactly, but it wasn't just strength increase,
he was able to resist and counter simultaneous soul & mystic attacks by Warlock and Strange.

So I'm just sayin, he was amping up in general.

Every user of the PG is different. Extreme feats can't be shared really since we have users not able to tap into the gem as well as others. We must only go one what was shown in the Arc by that particular user to gauge how much they were tapping into the gem. Thor was getting hurt by strikes and his strength never went over 2x his normal self (going by all of his feats in the arc).

Thor basically one shotted Drax without the PG prior with Mjolnir. Thor with PG didn't one shot Drax with Mjolnir. He one shotted him with a blast. Also, he koed Surfer and Pip with different hits at different times (not simultaneously). With Surfer it was a hammer throw. Earlier without the PG Thor nearly koed Surfer (severely stunned him) with a hammer throw.

We don't know how he koed Pip since it wasn't shown.
I can agree with your reasoning and I know you glanced over the book again cause you painted the scenes correctly.

I'll add, I believe Pip got k'o'd here:

It's the only time he was hit before appearing on the floor sleeping.

Insane Titan
So h1 answer the question and back up your claim or will you just ignore another post ??

h1a8
he intended to hurt Thanos badly so it can be used or he would of used the power of the soul or mind gem to get Thanos to admit it.

Plus you don't and never have known what you're talking about

Characters have the mind of writers in comics. That's why they do stupid shit all the time. In Magus defense, he wanted Thanos to admit it himself. What would be the purpose of using the soul or mind gem to do it? What satisfaction will one actually get? What's the greater love, someone loving you on their own or you controlling them like a robot and making them love you?

Insane Titan
Characters have the mind of writers in comics. That's why they do stupid shit all the time. In Magus defense, he wanted Thanos to admit it himself. What would be the purpose of using the soul or mind gem to do it? What satisfaction will one actually get? What's the greater love, someone loving you on their own or you controlling them like a robot and making them love you? first part of your post is just a excuse and pile of shite.

It was nothing to do with satisfaction , he simply wanted the truth/answer from Thanos.

h1a8
first part of your post is just a excuse and pile of shite.

It was nothing to do with satisfaction , he simply wanted the truth/answer from Thanos. I know. But it would make no sense to make Thanos say what he want to hear using the mind gem. From his intentions, he wanted Thanos to admit it on his own.

Insane Titan
I know. But it would make no sense to make Thanos say what he want to hear using the mind gem. From his intentions, he wanted Thanos to admit it on his own. why wouldn't it , as he still get what he wants.

Like I said he wanted to hurt Thanos badly and you have nothing to prove otherwise.

Why don't you try and answer Darksaints question about Ares skill instead of dodging again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.