Marvel LEGENDARY

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
anyone playing this? i like it actually, though i still find some of the cards unclear and some of the instructions lacking. still, the more i play the more i get the hang of it. not a bad way to kill an hour or 2. has anyone played the DC version?

leonidas
really? no one has tried this? or no one has liked it.....?

Deadline
*points and laughs* haermm

leonidas
i thought this place was cool. sneer

quanchi112
Originally posted by Deadline
*points and laughs* haermm laughing out loud

Kazenji
So its a card game similar to Magic the gathering?

yawn....never been a fan of those.

Digi
It's a deck builder, but not in the exact same vein as Magic. The basic game has everything you need to play indefinitely, whereas Magic involves purchases to craft decks with individual cards. There are expansions, but they're entirely optional.

I haven't played it. Despite defending it compared to Magic, deck-builders aren't my thing. That, and it's kinda expensive as board games go. I've heard good things, and it seems to have refined this style of game compared to many earlier ones in the genre. But I also haven't seen it played at my local game shop yet.

leonidas
it's fun. i play it with my daughters who think all the girl heroes are awesome. laughing out loud you can buy supplementary sets--which i did--that add to the game. it is a little expensive, but unless you're buying trouble, you're gonna pay $50 for a good new game anyway so it's not that bad, especially given the hours you can get out of it. it kills a couple hours and equals good family time. that's worth it to me.

Digi
Originally posted by leonidas
it's fun. i play it with my daughters who think all the girl heroes are awesome. laughing out loud you can buy supplementary sets--which i did--that add to the game. it is a little expensive, but unless you're buying trouble, you're gonna pay $50 for a good new game anyway so it's not that bad, especially given the hours you can get out of it. it kills a couple hours and equals good family time. that's worth it to me.

I absolutely agree that board and card games are worth the investment. 4-5 plays and it's paid for itself compared to nearly any other social alternative. It's also a wonderful thing to do as a family.

That said, a lot of the games I own or would like to own are less than $50. So it's still more expensive than several alternatives that I'm hoping to own in the coming months/years. And that's before expansions.

I also approve of your (apparently failed) attempt to spread awareness of this on the forum. Board games are awesome for a variety of reasons; it's a shame so many are video game only players.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t600099.html
That's the gaming thread I made in the GDF. It's mostly me talking to myself about how awesome board games are. Feel free to pop in and save me from my loneliness.

leonidas
lol will check it out one of these days...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.