KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Marvel LEGENDARY

Marvel LEGENDARY
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Marvel LEGENDARY

anyone playing this? i like it actually, though i still find some of the cards unclear and some of the instructions lacking. still, the more i play the more i get the hang of it. not a bad way to kill an hour or 2. has anyone played the DC version?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2014 04:01 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

really? no one has tried this? or no one has liked it.....?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 10:10 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

*points and laughs*

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 10:30 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i thought this place was cool.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 01:28 AM
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deadline
*points and laughs*
laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 04:00 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So its a card game similar to Magic the gathering?

yawn....never been a fan of those.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 05:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

It's a deck builder, but not in the exact same vein as Magic. The basic game has everything you need to play indefinitely, whereas Magic involves purchases to craft decks with individual cards. There are expansions, but they're entirely optional.

I haven't played it. Despite defending it compared to Magic, deck-builders aren't my thing. That, and it's kinda expensive as board games go. I've heard good things, and it seems to have refined this style of game compared to many earlier ones in the genre. But I also haven't seen it played at my local game shop yet.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 03:06 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

it's fun. i play it with my daughters who think all the girl heroes are awesome. laughing out loud you can buy supplementary sets--which i did--that add to the game. it is a little expensive, but unless you're buying trouble, you're gonna pay $50 for a good new game anyway so it's not that bad, especially given the hours you can get out of it. it kills a couple hours and equals good family time. that's worth it to me.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 01:49 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
it's fun. i play it with my daughters who think all the girl heroes are awesome. laughing out loud you can buy supplementary sets--which i did--that add to the game. it is a little expensive, but unless you're buying trouble, you're gonna pay $50 for a good new game anyway so it's not that bad, especially given the hours you can get out of it. it kills a couple hours and equals good family time. that's worth it to me.

I absolutely agree that board and card games are worth the investment. 4-5 plays and it's paid for itself compared to nearly any other social alternative. It's also a wonderful thing to do as a family.

That said, a lot of the games I own or would like to own are less than $50. So it's still more expensive than several alternatives that I'm hoping to own in the coming months/years. And that's before expansions.

I also approve of your (apparently failed) attempt to spread awareness of this on the forum. Board games are awesome for a variety of reasons; it's a shame so many are video game only players.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t600099.html
That's the gaming thread I made in the GDF. It's mostly me talking to myself about how awesome board games are. Feel free to pop in and save me from my loneliness.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 05:25 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lol will check it out one of these days...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 09:18 PM