The Old Republic Battle: Empire Protags vs Republic Protags

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
I know this has 4 each, sorry. sad All are in their respective primes.
Republic Protags: The Hero of Tython, Barsen'thor, Voidhound, and Meteor.
---versus---
Empire Protags: The Emperor's Wrath II, Darth Nox, Cipher Nine, and Scree.

Sinious
Team republic wins.

DarthAnt66
I feel Nox can beat Barsen but Tython can beat Wrath based on their feats and hype given in the game.
My knowledge on the other four are lacking, so hopefully someone else can fill the thread in.

Sinious
Non-force users are irrelevant. They would simply cause 2 seconds of distraction as both JC and SI would aoe them easily.

Barsenthor and Nox seem to be close where HoT is superior to Wrath by a margin. Even though it would be a good fight, I don't see how the imperials have a chance here.

DarthAnt66
Not at all. The Grand Champion would be like Boba level, someone who can defeat and take down powerful Jedi.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Not at all. The Grand Champion would be like Boba level, someone who can defeat and take down powerful Jedi.
S/he can't handle the Barsen'thor or the Hero of Tython. I have my doubts that he can even handle the non-Force sensitives on the otherside.

Sinious
I don't see how they survive Barsen'thor's TK or Nox's FLS. They're all one-shoot material in this fight.

So what matters is the fight between the force users and republic side seems to have the upper hand.

AncientPower
Cipher Nine defeats Jadus, the second most powerful Sith in the Empire.

Grand Champ takes down Darth Terminator.

Voidhound can defeat a few Sith Lords here and there.

Meteor has taken out Sith as well.

IMO:

9 and Grand Champ > Voidhound and Meteor.

Wrath = HoT

Nox > Barsen'Thor

Sinious
Originally posted by AncientPower
Cipher Nine defeats Jadus

Wrath = HoT

laughing

Nephthys
Team Republic imo. Nox vs the Barsen'thor is a tough fight and a complete toss up, but the HoT can beat the Wrath and can beat Nox afterwards or Cipher 9 and the Champ. So while the Empire has the advantage in terms of muggles, the Hero carries her team to victory.

Sinious
thumb up

AncientPower
Originally posted by Sinious
laughing

If you'd played the Imperial Agent storyline you wouldn't be laughing, you can defeat Jadus outright.

You should also remember the fact that the Wrath killed Voss-tiate imbued by Sel-Makor in a nexus of Dark Side energy, whom also had aids to support him.

Nephthys
You don't really beat Jadus, you just keep him busy and hold out while setting everything up and trapping him in a force field.

NewGuy01
Regardless, Cipher and Scree stomp Void and Meteor. Scree could then serve as support for Wrath against the HoT, an Cipher can provide ranged support for Nox against Barsen'thor.

Scree has defeated Jedi Battlemasters.

Nephthys
And Void and Meteor have defeated Sith Lords and Sith-level opponents. I don't think they'd get stomped.

FreshestSlice
Cipher Nine defeats Jadus, the second most powerful Sith in the Empire.

This could be a case of powerful=influential. Either way, Jadus wasn't defeated, he just couldn't defeat.

If true, only by a small margin and not enough to make up for:

lolno. The HoT is far above the Wrath in terms of power and training, training among the best in the Order for nearly two decades as well as the Sith Emperor, that it's actually pretty one sided in their favor.

First Son, even if distracted>>Thanaton. Nox was above their strongest opponent well before reaching their prime.

Lord Stark

Wrath = HoT

http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/user222437_pic71490_1370609620_thumb.png

Sinious
If you'd played the Imperial Agent storyline you wouldn't be laughing, you can defeat Jadus outright.

You should also remember the fact that the Wrath killed Voss-tiate imbued by Sel-Makor in a nexus of Dark Side energy, whom also had aids to support him.

Actually, I think I was laughing cause I played IA. In the cutscene, he easily dominates you. He can freaking teleport and force choke your companion while doing it. He can react faster than a blaster rifle and has immense force powers. You merely get to stand up against him in game mechanics which means nothing and obviously he could break your neck within a second logically speaking. In the other cutscene, you simply have him caged. So no, the imperial agent isnt capable of defeating the second most powerful sith in the empire.

We're not sure how much control Vitiate still had over himself during the fight. He might have influenced his way to lower his defenses somehow. I wouldn't think that Wrath actually defeated a voice of the emperor.

carthage
The Republic wins

DarthAnt66
You can only fight Jadus if you do a Lightside path. Being on the Empire side, I doubt the Lightside path is canonical.

Nephthys
Personally speaking I think the Neutral path should be the canonical path for the Agent. The Light and Dark endings are pretty much downer endings. The Dark ending in particular since most of the story is about how shitty the Sith are, so following them is dumb. Neutral fits the story a hell of a lot more.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Nephthys
Personally speaking I think the Neutral path should be the canonical path for the Agent. The Light and Dark endings are pretty much downer endings. The Dark ending in particular since most of the story is about how shitty the Sith are, so following them is dumb. Neutral fits the story a hell of a lot more.
I personally think the canonical path for the Agent was the one where they talked down Jadus without an actual fight taking place.

Sinious
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I personally think the canonical path for the Agent was the one where they talked down Jadus without an actual fight taking place.

thumb up

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
Personally I think Darth Oculus is the canon ending for Kallig, but that doesn't mean I'll argue in favor of that happening. Of course TOR does a fine job of showing that all Dark Side options aren't the right one. I don't know what to think about what an intelligence agent would do, but I don't think that they wring their hands all the time.

Nephthys
Yeah, but the Dark Side Agent is little more than a thug who does the Sith's dirty work despite a lot of the story saying "the Sith are insane megalomaniacs with superpowers in charge of everything and that sucks." The Neutral path is generally the most practical, sane and professional one most suited to the Agent and allows for ruthlessness and restraint in equal measure without the suicidal heroics of an exclusively Light path or general evil of the Dark path. It's also the only one where you remain an Imperial Agent at the end.

I mean, the Dark path definitely can't be canon since it has Jadus taking over the Empire which is ludicrous.

FreshestSlice
Hmm, that I did not know. Since the neutral one lets you stay an agent, I can see why that would be the canon path.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.