Theory concerning Nihilus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewGuy01

NewGuy01
That will wrap up my theory concerning the mechanics of Nihilus's "world devouring". As I mentioned at the

introduction to the thread, this is simply an interesting concept I've come up with and isn't necessarily to be

taken too seriously. With that out of the way, I'd like to also showcase another interesting thing I found in

regards to the subject.

As I mentioned earlier, Meetra's status as a wound in the Force has two main effects on her--Her ability to feed on

the those she kills, and her ability to rapidly and spontaneously produce Force Bonds. The latter effect may also

relate to Nihilus in a fashion unlrelated to the mechanics of his feeding. Let's take a look at a description of

the effects caused by the Exile's spontaneous generation of Force Bonds:

"You are a cipher, forming bonds, leeching the life of others, siphoning their wills and dominating

them. It is the teaching of these new Sith, to feed on others, on other Force Sensitives. They are

symptomatic of the wound in the Force. You are a breach that must be closed. You transmit your pain, your

suffering through the Force."

-Vrook Lamar

Here we see Vrook explaining how the bond-effect is caused by the wound in the Force within Meetra, and what it

results in. "Siphoning wills and dominating them,". As a more intense and self-destructive

version of Meetra , this is an effect that Nihilus should also

share, but to an even greater extent. It just so happens that it does:

"Nihilus powers grew so extreme that, for most beings, mere exposure to the Sith Lord would cause immediate

and utterly mindless devotion."

-Star Wars Insider 88

Nihilus's presence causes immediate and utterly mindless devotion--It's very likely that this effect is produced because of the wound's ability to uncontrollably bond to other beings, in a very similar parallel to Meetra and her companions. This would also go hand in hand with the concept that he constantly feeds on those around him, drawing on those bonds in the Force.

If any of you made it to the end, here, then I hope it was worth it! I appreciate you taking the time to listen to my crazy old ramblings. Alright, well, it's late now--Goodnight KMC.

Arhael
I brought it up some time ago. Quote about Katarr being "blasted" and comics showing physical devastation of Katarr was my very basis to speculate that Nihilus used orbital bombarding, rather than Force drain.

At most it is some sort of destructive ritual but not Force drain and there is no proof that Nihilus can utilize it in combat.

Also, Force wound is a non-existant concept outside of Kotor II.
Leia and Vader experienced much worst Force disturbance in ANH and no wound was caused. Leia didn't even feel the disturbance, Nihilus wasn't a Jedi either, so how did he become Force wound, if he couldn't even sense it?

Kyp Durron was on planet surface of Carrida System inside Sun Crusher, when it was destroyed. Malachor V is a child play comparing to disturbance caused at Carrida and Kyp did not become Force wound or suffered any sort of permanent mentality breakdown. And there are many other examples like this. So no wonder that Encyclopedia author did not take Kotor II seriously and wrote that the planet was blasted into ruin, not devoured.

AncientPower
Serious difference between those planets and the circumstantial event of Malachor V, let's analyse this:

Malachor V was a Sith world for a VERY long time, the academy there is ancient, there already exists a Dark Side nexus before the Mass Shadow Generators and the battle.

During the battle, hundreds of Jedi possibly even more, were on it's surface and almost the entire Mandalorian population. In the epicenter was Nihilus, or at least the man he was before this.

So all of those spirits that we know existed even during Meetra's attack on the Trayus Academy likely ripped apart the Force in whomever he once was. This left a hunger, just like Malachor, like Nathema in certain ways.

It is stated that Traya taught him how to harness this hunger, having the opposite effect of him being harnessed by his wound. She states it is a technique nearly as old as the Sith themselves, feeding on death.

I believe this was all a symptom of the situation:

An already powerful Dark Side nexus + 100s of Jedi being massacred + possibly even millions of Mandalorians + spirits latching on to anything they could find = Nihilus

Meetra subconsciously cut herself off from the Force, leaving a wound in her as well. This finally awoke when HK-50 massacred the staff on the Peragus Mining Facility.

Remember it is stated outright that the Jedi either 1.Went Dark Side or 2.Went insane and died.

Nihilus was created through circumstance and had to use specific techniques to harness his hunger, then became harnessed by his hunger.

I agree that destroying the worlds was likely done by his fleet, not he himself.

Nephthys
You can see the buildings being destroyed by his attack in the image of Unseen, Unheard you posted. Where Nihilus' drain is the only thing taking place, not orbital bombardment. erm

This theory has no merit.

Arhael
Originally posted by Nephthys
You can see the buildings being destroyed by his attack in the image of Unseen, Unheard you posted. Where Nihilus' drain is the only thing taking place, not orbital bombardment. erm
Force drain doesn't destroy buildings. And comic doesn't show that it was his attack that destroyed buildings.

FreshestSlice
Meetra status as a Wound also has nothing to do with her forming Force Bonds. That's all her in her natural state.

Just accept Nihilus as the god he is. Then you'll finally see.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Arhael
Force drain doesn't destroy buildings. And comic doesn't show that it was his attack that destroyed buildings.
Dude, Visas flat out says it was not done with any machines or weapons.

Nephthys

http://www.court-records.net/animation4/klavier-forwardlean%28a%29.gif

Well then it's a good thing Nihilus doesn't use Force Drain, isn't it?

But you're totally right, I'm sure it was just shoddy construction or something. Dem lazy Miraluka, amiright?!

Arhael
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Dude, Visas flat out says it was not done with any machines or weapons.
Visas is blind, all she could do is feel countless deaths. By the way, why didn't she become wound in the Force?

Wound in the Force allows Nihilus to feed on death of others. Nowhere it says that it allows him to ravage planet surfaces.

Nephthys
Well there is one quote saying he blasted them to ruins.

FreshestSlice
Visas is blind, all she could do is feel countless deaths. By the way, why didn't she become wound in the Force?

She's blind. Not stupid. I think if there were canon fire, she'd know. As to why she didn't become a Force Wound, why would she?
Wound in the Force allows Nihilus to feed on death of others. Nowhere it says that it allows him to ravage planet surfaces.
Nope, it's just said that he does. So I'm going to go with that he can.

Nephthys
How would Nihilus even specifically leave Visas alive if he just bombarded the place?

Arhael
Well there is one quote saying he blasted them to ruins.
That doesn't say with what. You can blast things with blasters or ship turrets.

Orbital bombardment can happen kilometers away. All she would hear is chaotic noise of destruction wave.

Why wouldn't she? She is a woman that lost everything. Countless beings died around her. That's the right chemistry for Force wound and far worse than Malachor V.

How would Nihilus even specifically leave Visas alive if he just consumed the place?

Nephthys
That doesn't say with what. You can blast things with blasters or ship turrets.

Sure, but theres **** all indicating he did it with those.

How would Nihilus even specifically leave Visas alive if he just consumed the place?

He has control over who he wants to consume and chose to spare her.

Nephthys
"Amazingly dark and devastating powers are the purview of some of the greatest Sith Lords of the Knights of the Old Republic era. They devastate and consume entire worlds with a thought. Average beings stand no chance of stopping these ultra-powerful monsters of the dark side....

Darth Nihilus is literally a destroyer of worlds, powered by an insatiable hunger that drives him to consume greater and greater populations."

―Power Beyond Belief: Using Ultra-Powerful Sith Lords in Saga Edition

FreshestSlice

Orbital bombardment can happen kilometers away. All she would hear is chaotic noise of destruction wave.

Except you can clearly see her look up and see what happened before her eyes were ripped open. She'd know what was happening.

Not really. Nihilus was physically crushed and was destroyed himself, where as the Exile is the one who ordered all of those deaths. It's not really the same.

Fated Xtasy
Actually Kreia speculates on why Nihilius chose to spare her, she says that "Perhaps he is bonded to her, as i am to you" It's interesting to note, that Visas seems to be capable of still thinking for herself despite being around Nihilius. Maybe they somehow bonded during the bombardment of Katar?

NewGuy01
How would Nihilus even specifically leave Visas alive if he just bombarded the place?

Well, the way she said it made it seem like she was the last survivor, and. Nihilus had come to finish her, but decided otherwise.

Nephthys
So she just magically survived orbital bombardment without a scratch while everything around her was destroyed? Plausible.

NewGuy01
Meetra status as a Wound also has nothing to do with her forming Force Bonds. That's all her in her natural state. Accept Nihilus as the god he is.

According to the Council, she had already formed bonds in the force with a curious ease, but after becoming a wound it turned into something else entirely. They even said it was symptomatic of the wound in the Force.

Besides, this was just something I did for fun. I don't need it, I already have canonical statements saying Vitiate is better. cool

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by NewGuy01
According to the Council, she had already formed bonds in the force with a curious ease, but after becoming a wound it turned into something else entirely. They even said it was symptomatic of the wound in the Force.

Besides, this was just something I did for fun. I don't need it, I already have canonical statements saying Vitiate is better. cool

That you need the quote to assert his dominance shows that he's done nothing to warrant it. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif

NewGuy01
He dominated Revan in seconds in their first encounter. Even by then Revan was more powerful than anyone Meetra had ever met. http://emoticonhq.com/images/ICQ/laughing.jpg

FreshestSlice

I believe that was her leaching of the bonds, not making them. Nihilus only had a bond with Visas, whom he taught, so that's not weird.

As for your obvious bit of insanity, do not worry. Our Lord will find you, child. You well see, as I have, how beautiful a thing feed can be.

SIDIOUS 66
So she just magically survived orbital bombardment without a scratch while everything around her was destroyed? Plausible.

She survived a world devastating attack regardless, so your point makes no sense. Evidently, she was effected by the attack which is why she was on the floor, nearly unconscious when Nihilus found her. Also, wasn't it mentioned somewhere that Nihilus took her back and healed her of injuries? My question is: why was Nihilus on the planet in the first place? What NewGuy is suggesting makes more sense than what you are. I mean, it's not like Nihilus knew her personally and decided to target everyone on the planet except for her and then decide to go rescue her. No, he found a survivor, and instead of killing the survivor, he chose to spare her.

@NewGuy, very interesting. I only skimmed it and will read more thoroughly later. Also, energy is released from the body after the death of an individual, and a large number of deaths can leave an enormous amount of energy for a force user to feed on, which is how Plagueis and Sidious fed on the energy of a bunch of wild beasts after killing them. This could be a possible explanation as to why Nihilus went down to the planets surface after the devastation: to feed on the released life energy of the dead. (you might have pointed this out and I just missed it; as I said I only skimmed it for now)

BTW, did you type this out on a notepad before posting it here, because the formatting is way off, and it's happened to me before.

NemeBro
If Nihilus was meant to have merely absorbed the life energies of the planet after bombarding it, we would have seen him bombarding it in the comic.

SIDIOUS 66
All I remember seeing is a bunch or smoke from the planet being devastated, with nothing to point out the source of the attack. Furthermore, the comic comes from the perspective/imagination of a woman who was blind at the time.

The entire comic is on youtube so I'll have to go back through it later.

FreshestSlice
That smoke is Nihilus' drain. And even if Visas is blind, she can still see through the Force. I mean Kreia's blind the entire game, but no one questions if she can see correctly.

Sinious
Im sorry NewGuy but Im gonna have to call BS. In almost every context Nihilus' hunger and his capabilities with the drain are considered as a threat to the force itself. He is stated to be destined to consume all life until there is nothing left unless he is stopped. I don't see how a single word in a quote makes you doubt a dozen of other quotes that specifically clarify his devastation.

Nephthys
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
She survived a world devastating attack regardless, so your point makes no sense. Evidently, she was effected by the attack which is why she was on the floor, nearly unconscious when Nihilus found her. Also, wasn't it mentioned somewhere that Nihilus took her back and healed her of injuries? My question is: why was Nihilus on the planet in the first place? What NewGuy is suggesting makes more sense than what you are. I mean, it's not like Nihilus knew her personally and decided to target everyone on the planet except for her and then decide to go rescue her. No, he found a survivor, and instead of killing the survivor, he chose to spare her.

He spared her because he wanted her to see a world without the Force and convince her to his cause. Visas and Kreia mention this. He spared her specifically for a reason. He was on the planet because he wanted her. And she was on the floor because of the immeasurable pain the destruction caused her.

NewGuy01
That's very interesting...

Heh, yeah.

NewGuy01
He spared her because he wanted her to see a world without the Force and convince her to his cause. Visas and Kreia mention this. He spared her specifically for a reason. He was on the planet because he wanted her. And she was on the floor because of the immeasurable pain the destruction caused her.

You act as if there's only one miralukan in the galaxy.

NewGuy01
I brought it up some time ago. Quote about Katarr being "blasted" and comics showing physical devastation of Katarr was my very basis to speculate that Nihilus used orbital bombarding, rather than Force drain.

At most it is some sort of destructive ritual but not Force drain and there is no proof that Nihilus can utilize it in combat.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at.

And with the information provided by S66, this idea makes far more sense than before.

Yeah...

red8
lol, so much jealousy in this topic.

Just accept that Nihilus would eat your favorite Sith Lord and be done with it.

Nephthys
You act as if there's only one miralukan in the galaxy.

Nihilus only needed one.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by red8

Just accept that Nihilus would eat your favorite Sith Lord and be done with it.
They don't want to because that would make Nihilus have the most impressive feat in the mythos, bar none, with no prep of anyone not a One or Abeloth. That means he'd dethrone Sidious.

Nephthys
That implies he hasn't already. excellent

NemeBro
Originally posted by red8

Just accept that Nihilus would eat your favorite Sith Lord and be done with it. thumb up

The_Tempest
Arhael
there is no proof that Nihilus can utilize it in combat.

The Merchant
Interesting, but if you've seen orbital bombardments in Star Wars they usually turn the planet into magma and rip apart the atmosphere, which is something I think Visas Marr can't survive.

Arhael
Originally posted by Sinious
Im sorry NewGuy but Im gonna have to call BS. In almost every context Nihilus' hunger and his capabilities with the drain are considered as a threat to the force itself. He is stated to be destined to consume all life until there is nothing left unless he is stopped. I don't see how a single word in a quote makes you doubt a dozen of other quotes that specifically clarify his devastation.

There is no proof that his drain is unstoppable. He failed to drain Visas even after the bond with her was severed. He failed to drain even non-sensitive Mandalorian.

Show a single example of Nihilus demonstrating unblockable drain.

Also, Force drain doesn't kill. Yuzhan Vongs and multiple Force-severed characters are proof of it.

Nephthys
There is no proof that his drain is unstoppable. He failed to drain Visas even after the bond with her was severed. He failed to drain even non-sensitive Mandalorian.

Yeah, because Nihilus was really going to try his drain again with the Exile in the room.

FreshestSlice

Show a single example of Nihilus demonstrating unblockable drain.

Also, Force drain doesn't kill. Yuzhan Vongs and multiple Force-severed characters are proof of it.
Lulz, it's like you didn't even play the game(or pay attention to half of these verses threads).

And Nihilus can't drain anyone while he's draining himself constantly, as well as fighting three people.

The Merchant
He didn't try drain because he was pretty much on the verge of death and cause the Exile was essentially protecting everyone. And he can use his Drain in combat, he's actually ALWAYS doing it, that's how he keeps his crew zombified :I

NewGuy01
Originally posted by The Merchant
cause the Exile was essentially protecting everyone.

I hear this a lot. Is there actually any evidence for this at all?

The Merchant
Meetra's force connections with her team is what I believe is the basis for most people.

Arhael
Assumptions don't count.

Didn't try to drain because on the verge of death? Proof he was on the verge of death. Proof he wouldn't try to drain, if he is on the verge of death. Proof that Meetra was protecting team.

Also, funny how in the same comment you explain why he didn't drain and then claim that he is ALWAYS draining.

Sinious
There is no proof that his drain is unstoppable.

I agree with this and believe there are several characters in the mythos that can stop him in combat.

Failed? He tried to drain the Exile and due to Exile's unique connection to the force, he lost a lot of his powers. He didnt try it again after and since he was already weakened, he lost the fight too. This is no assumption by the way.

Katarr? Kreia? Everyone else that he ever encountered and drained?

Nihilus' drain is very different from that.

FreshestSlice
Assumptions don't count.

Didn't try to drain because on the verge of death?
Too bad it's the CG that says that he became "starved" from draining the Exile, with the game showing them hold out until he exhausts himself, not just an assumption. I like how we're the ones that have to prove things, while you make the claim that's backed up nowhere except for in your head.

And Nihilus is always draining simply from his nature. It has nothing to do with him consciously trying to consume someone.

Arhael
Ok, I admit that I assume as well that he would naturally try to drain anything in the vicinity due to hunger including Visas and Mandalorian. I guess he was dumb not to do it.
Funny thing some time ago I checked two different sources. In one it states that Nihilus tried to drain Exile, in another - that he lost due to being weakened by Visas breaking the bond. Also, player has the option to simply beat him up without offering to be drained or breaking bond. So how we decide, which tree pass is canon?

Katarr got destroyed/blasted into ruin, not drained.
Kreia got Force blasted into the wall, not drained.
There is no one else worthy of note.

Or it's just a contradiction with the rest of SW universe, these kind of contradictions are quite common. There actually is concept of draining life Force outside Kotor universe but Kreia contradicted it by describing it as severing of the Force and agony that it causes.

Regardless, you agree that several characters in the mythos can stop him.
Imho Force drain is just another technique with which he can overpower weaker characters like it is done with TK or lightning but it is not a hax technique, there is simply no proof of that.

SIDIOUS 66

He spared her after he discovered her, is my point. The reason he spared her is irrelevant and doesn't answer my question, why was he down on the planet's surface in the first place. There is nothing to suggest he even knew she existed before then, considering all the talk about him looking beyond single individuals. It seemed to me, that upon discovering her, he felt some remorse because of the pain she was going through, so he tried to justify his actions. That seemed to be the implication.

FreshestSlice
He spared her after he discovered her, is my point. The reason he spared her is irrelevant and doesn't answer my question, why was he down on the planet's surface in the first place. There is nothing to suggest he even knew she existed before then, considering all the talk about him looking beyond single individuals. It seemed to me, that upon discovering her, he felt some remorse because of the pain she was going through, so he tried to justify his actions. That seemed to be the implication.
lolno. Visas says that all of the Force on the planet was stripped away and Nihilus came to her to show her that this was how the galaxy should be. He was trying to make a statement. He doesn't feel remorse.

SIDIOUS 66
They don't want to because that would make Nihilus have the most impressive feat in the mythos, bar none, with no prep of anyone not a One or Abeloth. That means he'd dethrone Sidious.

Lol, No, it's not. Palpatine ripping apart the very fabric of space is a far greater display of sheer raw power, disintegrating multiple of capital warships in a matter of seconds. Not to mention that several sources say that the wormhole was increasing in size. Even if the destruction was under Nihilus own power, taking up a larger radius doesn't make it the most impressive feat. Furthermore, Nihilus was weakened from an unsuccessful attack on a single individual, which implies that the attack requires a tremendous amount of energy to use instantaneously, and weakens the user if he doesn't receive energy to replace the energy which is lost on the attack. That may or may not be evidence that his giga-drain does require prep. Or, as NewGuy theorizes, Nihilus may use his fleet to blast planets to ruin, and then goes down to collect the life force which is released from the casualties, which wouldn't require the power it does to forcefully rip the life force from the living. Not saying this is a fact, but it does make sense, considering his weakened state after a failed attempt in trying to drain a single individual, and the fact that he used force stun instead of just draining them from the get go.

Regardless, he does not dethrone Sidious.

psmith81992
That "single individual" happens to be another wound in the force, which appears to be the only way to counter Nihilus' drain from what we've seen. Nice attempt at being misleading.

Nihilus' drain is probably the single most impressive thing we've seen from anyone not not from Mortis.

SIDIOUS 66
lolno. Visas says that all of the Force on the planet was stripped away and Nihilus came to her to show her that this was how the galaxy should be. He was trying to make a statement. He doesn't feel remorse.

That's a sign of remorse. Why would he care to justify his actions?

As I said, he didn't even know her until he discovered that she was alive.

Sinious
Ok, I admit that I assume as well that he would naturally try to drain anything in the vicinity due to hunger including Visas and Mandalorian. I guess he was dumb not to do it.
Funny thing some time ago I checked two different sources. In one it states that Nihilus tried to drain Exile, in another - that he lost due to being weakened by Visas breaking the bond. Also, player has the option to simply beat him up without offering to be drained or breaking bond. So how we decide, which tree pass is canon?

I haven't played KOTOR 2 in a long time but IIRC, Visas breaking the bond is a dark side option and so its not canon. The player never offers to be drained. When they encounter Nihilus, he stuns and tries to drain you and your companions. He fails and looses a lot of his power in attempt.

Wow, so just because a thread was made to acknowledge this theory as a"theory", it is canon info?

That scene portrays the fall of Kreia as she was drained by Nihilus and was the only one to survive Nihilus' drain. Do you really think Kreia was referring to force push when she said "There are techniques within the Force against which there is no defense." ???

I really suspect you never played KOTOR 2. If thats the case, you really shouldn't toss around ideas contradicting the obvious facts about the characters of KOTOR.

Again his drain is a different force technique.

And yes I don't think he is unstoppable. I place him as the 3rd most powerful sith in my list tbh.

NewGuy01
The real question for me is how individuals such as Traya, Meetra, and Quel-Droma even survived being cut from the Force, considering that life and the Force are synonymous to a degree.

FreshestSlice
That's a sign of remorse. Why would he care to justify his actions?

Visas only sees through the Force. Only her kind can truly be blind and see the nothingness he desires. It's to prove a point, not justify his actions. He wants her to see what he personifies.

He knew she was alive before he came down to the planet, considering she was the only living thing on it. She was the only thing that could be sensed there.

Of course, most people don't know each other until they meet, so you're spot on with the last bit.

Sinious
The real question for me is how individuals such as Traya, Meetra, and Quel-Droma even survived being cut from the Force, considering that life and the Force are synonymous to a degree.

The norm is that there is no life without the force. Thats why Kreia was so amazed by Meetra.

SIDIOUS 66

Traya's and Quel Droma's case is more understandable. It just seems like they were unable to harness the force, but the force still resided in them as it does in non-force-sensitives. Or, well, that's how it could be interpreted in their case. In Meetra's case, however, yeah it doesn't make too much sense. Being a wound in the force seems to imply that the force didn't exist in her, and the term being "a wound in the force" seemed to be literal considering Nihilus couldn't receive any energy from her. Even non-force-sensitives can be drained, so Meetra's state of being a wound doesn't make any sense.

AncientPower
It does when you acknowledge that all the death around her she subconsciously fed off of, restoring her connection to the Force.

Because it wasn't something she was actively attempting to do, the hunger in her did not grow like Nihilus' did, instead it(the wound) was slowly healed over time until she had fully regained her connection to the Force.

Two months spent completing her training on Dantooine after the Dark Wars finally sealed her wound and she became a normal Force User again.

The above seems to be the only resolution possible for this character.

Arhael
Originally posted by Sinious I haven't played KOTOR 2 in a long time but IIRC, Visas breaking the bond is a dark side option and so its not canon. The player never offers to be drained. When they encounter Nihilus, he stuns and tries to drain you and your companions. He fails and looses a lot of his power in attempt.
"Although Darth Nihilus managed to stun the Exile, he was unprepared for the devotion of his former pupil Marr to the young woman. Marr tried to exchange her life for that of the Exile, giving the former Jedi time to recover. Together, they confronted Darth Nihilus. The Sith Lord was no match for their combined might, and he fell in battle.

--Taken from The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Even if it is a darkside choice in game, it is fine as long as she remains Jedi. It is later source, thus canon.

Theory against theory. If you want to prove that Force drain can ravage planet surface, good luck proving it.

Good that game has specific visual of orange lightning to portray Force drain. We can see Kreia demonstrating it on three Jedi. We can see Nihilus demonstrating it on Meetra. He Force pushed Kreia, there was no draining visual whatsoever. I will, also, point out that she doesn't say which techniques have no defense. Indeed, we can see that she can't summon lightsaber. It could at best mean that he Force severed her, which is not Force drain technique. Most characters actually don't know how to counter Force severing. Nomi demonstrated it on Ulic, Verger demonstrated it on Jacen and then Jacen demonstrated it on Ben. Also, her opinion about techniques only shows her lack of knowledge/skill about how to defend against something, it does not prove anything.

Played at least 4 times.

FreshestSlice
So are you going to admit that Force drain can kill, or are you going to admit it's not Force drain. Pick one. Since Kreia doesn't use anything else against the councilors, you really can't hop on both wagons. He also can't use Force Sever, it being a Light Side technique. She also, did in fact say that it was their drain that was not able to be defended, considering she also said it was what the Sith assassins in the game were using. I'm amazed that you played the game 4 times, at least, but somehow didn't see any of this.

Arhael
So are you going to admit that Force drain can kill, or are you going to admit it's not Force drain. Pick one. Since Kreia doesn't use anything else against the councilors, you really can't hop on both wagons. He also can't use Force Sever, it being a Light Side technique. She also, did in fact say that it was their drain that was not able to be defended, considering she also said it was what the Sith assassins in the game were using. I'm amazed that you played the game 4 times, at least, but somehow didn't see any of this.

I already said that kotor II contradicts the rest of the universe on this matter. If being stripped of the Force killed, then Callista Ming and Yuzhan Vong would not be able to live. Another notable example is Dark Reaper, it harvested Force of victims in the vicinity and killed using energy beams, not with the drain itself.

And Force severing is not lightside technique, it's just a technique that can be used by anyone and has been used by darksiders as well. Regardless, cut-scene shows that Nihilus did not drain Kreia, so irrelevant.

FreshestSlice
I already said that kotor II contradicts the rest of the universe on this matter. If being stripped of the Force killed, then Callista Ming and Yuzhan Vong would not be able to live. Another notable example is Dark Reaper, it harvested Force of victims in the vicinity and killed using energy beams, not with the drain itself.

Considering the Vong are the only ones of their kind to behave this way, they're the contradiction. And considering no one has called it Force Drain or a drain of anykind except for people outside of game, I don't see the point here.

Force Sever works by putting up walls of light, so yeah it is. And considering that Nihilus isn't depicted the same anywhere, I don't see the point here either.

Sinious
"Although Darth Nihilus managed to stun the Exile, he was unprepared for the devotion of his former pupil Marr to the young woman. Marr tried to exchange her life for that of the Exile, giving the former Jedi time to recover. Together, they confronted Darth Nihilus. The Sith Lord was no match for their combined might, and he fell in battle.

--Taken from The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Even if it is a darkside choice in game, it is fine as long as she remains Jedi. It is later source, thus canon.

Normally, if a character is light side aligned, every light side choice should be canon unless it is specifically stated that the character has chosen a dark side option in any situation which seems to be the case here. I didnt know this was stated like that.

I dont understand how this proves anything though.

Its not that hard to see when several sources and quotes exist to prove he drained the life out of a planet.

That part of the game was visualized with higher quality graphics as it was more of a short movie kinda thing. That orange lightning is only shown in game graphics which is entirely different. Also, after that scene, she loses the presence of force within her and I think she might have even died for a short time because Darth Nihilus believed that he killed her there and when he finds out he gets mad even. She had unusual knowledge on Nihilus and his powers so she probably found a way to survive for that one time.

Nice. smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.