All-Star Superman Vs Blue Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/BM_zps6d00fb88.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/AS_zps4ca59f62.jpg

Stoic
Wasn't AS Superman one of the weakest iterations of the character just above Bryne's Superman? Anyways, Superman was tossed into the Moon, and was significantly injured by it, while Adam nearly split it in half with a war medal. I think Adam could take a dying Superman, but I'm still waiting for more feats on him.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Stoic
Wasn't AS Superman one of the weakest iterations of the character just above Bryne's Superman? Anyways, Superman was tossed into the Moon, and was significantly injured by it, while Adam nearly split it in half with a war medal. I think Adam could take a dying Superman, but I'm still waiting for more feats on him.

By who?

Stoic
Originally posted by Golgo13
By who?

Excuse me but what are you asking me here? Who tossed him into the Moon? The Kryptonian couple grabbed him and nearly split the Moon in two. Do you remember that? Also is that what you are asking me?

Golgo13
Excuse me but what are you asking me here? Who tossed him into the Moon? The Kryptonian couple grabbed him and nearly split the Moon in two. Do you remember that? Also is that what you are asking me?

Haven't read it in a while, so I forgot. Wasn't he dying, though?

Stoic
Haven't read it in a while, so I forgot. Wasn't he dying, though?

Yes that's my point, Adam would be up against a dying Superman from the jump. I recall that they were called Bar-El and Lilo (the ones that tossed him into the Moon). All the same like I said, you're pitting a dying Superman against Adam here, and I believe that Adam could win, he just doesn't have a great deal of feats outside of the good ones that he does have.

Golgo13
Yes that's my point, Adam would be up against a dying Superman from the jump. I recall that they were called Bar-El and Lilo (the ones that tossed him into the Moon). All the same like I said, you're pitting a dying Superman against Adam here, and I believe that Adam could win, he just doesn't have a great deal of feats outside of the good ones that he does have.

Weren't those the latter stages? We're using AS Superman at his best. Not dying.

Stoic
Weren't those the latter stages? We're using AS Superman at his best. Not dying.

At his best he is still dying. All the same AS Superman wasn't exactly the most powerful iteration of Superman either. Adam may be able to take him. I also don't recall him having it off that bad just before the confrontation with Bar-El and Lilo.

Golgo13
Actually, from what I hear, he was poisoned by a radio active cloud. And he only suffered a nose bleed from those 2 Kryptonians. Not bad.

h1a8
Wasn't AS Superman one of the weakest iterations of the character just above Bryne's Superman? Anyways, Superman was tossed into the Moon, and was significantly injured by it, while Adam nearly split it in half with a war medal. I think Adam could take a dying Superman, but I'm still waiting for more feats on him. AS Superman is one of the strongest incarnations if going by averages. Beating two guys simultaneously,who have billions of tons strength, in arm wrestling without straining (smiling) casually lifting quintillions of tons, lifting a half million ton key like its a normal key, etc.

BA greatest feat (not his average) is knocking Sentry into space. This is up to tens of billions of tons of force. Then there is the speed difference (going to alpha centaur I to pick flowers and back in a quick moment) and versatility (hv and freeze breath etc).

This thread is spite IMO.

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
AS Superman is one of the strongest incarnations if going by averages. Beating two guys simultaneously,who have billions of tons strength, in arm wrestling without straining (smiling) casually lifting quintillions of tons, lifting a half million ton key like its a normal key, etc.

BA greatest feat (not his average) is knocking Sentry into space. This is up to tens of billions of tons of force. Then there is the speed difference (going to alpha centaur I to pick flowers and back in a quick moment) and versatility (hv and freeze breath etc).

This thread is spite IMO.

What makes you believe that I would be wiling to take anything that you say seriously when you begin throwing out numbers that were never mentioned? Yes Superman was lifting in the quintillion's of tons, but Adam was never given a number on how much he could actually lift. All we know is that he carried an asteroid the size of a large US state. Not sure what that would be in tons, but it may be more than AS Superman was capable of.

Actually, from what I hear, he was poisoned by a radio active cloud. And he only suffered a nose bleed from those 2 Kryptonians. Not bad.

Yes his condition began at the very beginning of the arc. AS Superman was dying from the jump, just like I said. What do you want me to say to you? He was plenty strong, but I'm not sure if he was as strong as BM. This is why I never gave BM a sure win. Maybe someone else may have some ideas.

abhilegend
Superman beats the shit out of this loser.Originally posted by Stoic
You mean by two kryptonians and after Superman lost his extra powers due to going into Bizarro world?

KingD19
Yeah casually moving about an asteroid the size of Arkansas is no small feat.

Decimus
All Star Superman 9/10 being politically correct- if not spite in AS Supers favor.

Galan007
Haven't read it in a while, so I forgot. Wasn't he dying, though? He fought them in A/S #9--so yeah, he was approaching the end-stages of his life. He had also just returned to earth after an extended stay on the Bizarro planet/under a red sun, which had completely drained his powers.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Galan007
He fought them in A/S #9--so yeah, he was approaching the end-stages of his life. He had also just returned to earth after an extended stay on the Bizarro planet/under a red sun, which had completely drained his powers.

thumb up

That's what I thought.

h1a8
What makes you believe that I would be wiling to take anything that you say seriously when you begin throwing out numbers that were never mentioned? Yes Superman was lifting in the quintillion's of tons, but Adam was never given a number on how much he could actually lift. All we know is that he carried an asteroid the size of a large US state. Not sure what that would be in tons, but it may be more than AS Superman was capable of.

Yes his condition began at the very beginning of the arc. AS Superman was dying from the jump, just like I said. What do you want me to say to you? He was plenty strong, but I'm not sure if he was as strong as BM. This is why I never gave BM a sure win. Maybe someone else may have some ideas. We go by feats to get a limit to the strength a character has. Otherwise we would be committing a no limits fallacy. So although Superman casually lifted 200 quintillion tons with one hand, he most likely can lift more with one hand. But we can only take that as his limit.
Now let's get into math.

AS Superman casually lifted 200 quintillion tons with one hand. So with two hands he could have easily lifted more than 400 quintillion tons.

In BM asteroid feat. An asteroid the size of Arkansas would have a weight of about 60-100 quintillion tons on Earth. So taking Blue Marvels best strength feat, we find that AS Superman is at least 4x stronger.
Adding in being vastly faster combined with freeze breath and hv, this is a stomp.

Stoic
We go by feats to get a limit to the strength a character has. Otherwise we would be committing a no limits fallacy. So although Superman casually lifted 200 quintillion tons with one hand, he most likely can lift more with one hand. But we can only take that as his limit.
Now let's get into math.

AS Superman casually lifted 200 quintillion tons with one hand. So with two hands he could have easily lifted more than 400 quintillion tons.

In BM asteroid feat. An asteroid the size of Arkansas would have a weight of about 60-100 quintillion tons on Earth. So taking Blue Marvels best strength feat, we find that AS Superman is at least 4x stronger.
Adding in being vastly faster combined with freeze breath and hv, this is a stomp.

how do you know how much Arkansas weighs? Blue Marvel also didn't seem to be struggling with the weight either. I'm just trying to understand how you know how much Arkansas weighs? I looked on www.howstuffworks.com, and could not get a clear answer. This is just more of your made up nonsense, not to mention that the amount of weight that Superman was lifting would have destroyed the metal beam that he was pushing against, but that's comic logic for you. What's your excuse?

RealityWarper
We go by feats to get a limit to the strength a character has. Otherwise we would be committing a no limits fallacy. So although Superman casually lifted 200 quintillion tons with one hand, he most likely can lift more with one hand. But we can only take that as his limit.
Now let's get into math.

The lifting strenght is irrelevant in a fight.

Blue Marvel is more powerful than Superman and more versatile.

abhilegend
Originally posted by RealityWarper

Blue Marvel is more powerful than Superman and more versatile.
Lulz. That's a very good denial of feats.

DarkSaint85
how do you know how much Arkansas weighs? Blue Marvel also didn't seem to be struggling with the weight either. I'm just trying to understand how you know how much Arkansas weighs? I looked on www.howstuffworks.com, and could not get a clear answer. This is just more of your made up nonsense, not to mention that the amount of weight that Superman was lifting would have destroyed the metal beam that he was pushing against, but that's comic logic for you. What's your excuse?

H1a8 lies.

I attempted to calculate the mass of Arkansas.

I had to makes a lot of assumptions. So for the purposes of this, Arkansas is a beautiful cube. I originally, not being from the US, assumed it to be a sphere. Then I looked at a map, and remembered the US' love of square states.

So Arkansas is now a square. This obviously overestimates Arkansas' mass, but should do for now.

Area of Arkansas = 137,733,000 metres square (Google)
This gives a cubed volume of 1.616 x 10 to the 21 metres cubed. I assume it is a cube, because if any of the sides were larger, than the asteroid would have been described as 'larger than Arkansas'. But it was 'easily' the size.

The average density of the Earth is 5520kg per metres cubed (Google).

Therefore, the mass of an Arkansas-sized cube is 8.92x10 to the power 15 kg, or about 9 trillion tons.

He used both arms to push it.

Superman, as seen, could do 200 quintillion tons, easily, or as a scale, 200 million trillion tons. On one arm. And that was not his max.

h1a8
how do you know how much Arkansas weighs? Blue Marvel also didn't seem to be struggling with the weight either. I'm just trying to understand how you know how much Arkansas weighs? I looked on www.howstuffworks.com, and could not get a clear answer. This is just more of your made up nonsense, not to mention that the amount of weight that Superman was lifting would have destroyed the metal beam that he was pushing against, but that's comic logic for you. What's your excuse? I made an error in typing quintillion. I should have typed quadrillion.

mass = volume x density

I assumed a meteor that size is spherical with diameter the length of Arkansas (radius is half). Arkansas is about 420 km long and 385km wide. Using 420 km then we get a volume of 4/3pi (210,000m)^3. Now I looked up some very dense and large meteors and dwarf planets. Their densities range from 1800kg/m^3 to about 3000kg/m^3. Ceres, a planetoid larger than Arkansas, has a density of about 2080kg/m^3. Using 3000 kg/m^3 for the density, we get a mass of
4/3pi (210,000m)^3 X 3,000kg/m^3 = 116 quintillion kg
= 128 quadrillion tons. Now I greatly overestimated some numbers. But I did that on purpose.

I accidentally typed quintillion before. Thanks for pointing that out. I guess Black Marvel is not only much slower, but much weaker than AS Superman than I originally thought.

Originally posted by RealityWarper

Blue Marvel is more powerful than Superman and more versatile. why is blue marvel more powerful when Superman is stronger? Superman is vastly faster and more versatile. He has hv, freeze breath, super senses, super intelligence, etc.

how do you know how much Arkansas weighs? Blue Marvel also didn't seem to be struggling with the weight either. I'm just trying to understand how you know how much Arkansas weighs? I looked on www.howstuffworks.com, and could not get a clear answer. This is just more of your made up nonsense, not to mention that the amount of weight that Superman was lifting would have destroyed the metal beam that he was pushing against, but that's comic logic for you. What's your excuse? lol, we don't know what material the metal beam was made of. So it doesn't go against the suspension of disbelief.

Board Walker
realistically with the strength difference Superman could one shot Blue Marvel

maxivitopowe
Heh

Board Walker
I'm just saying that if we are using the statistics provided on panel, then the difference in the force of the two individuals is "massive". On top of that we have to multiple the force of Superman's punches due to the fact that he is moving multiples of light speed, which in turn would multiple the amount of force he is producing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.