(WildBantha88 and Fated Xtasy debate) Gnost-Dural vs Jaden Korr

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
Here me and Fated Xtasy are going to debate two of our favorite characters. I will be defending Gnost-Dural and Fated Xtasy will be defending Jaden Korr.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111170164/3942870-1521591832-37761.jpg

vs

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110305174900/starwars/images/9/98/Jaden_Korr.jpg

WildBantha88
Okay so Jaden Korr is pretty impressive but Gnost-Dural has more experience than Jaden.

Gnost-Dural was also an accomplished warrior; he'd been battling the Sith ever since their startling reemergence on the galactic stage, longer than Theron had even been alive. - SW Annihilation

NewGuy01
Oh, this is a fun matchup.

If anyone doesn't know how these threads work, I believe they originated elsewhere, basically this is a 1 on 1 isolated debate and thus contributions from other members are generally discouraged.

Do correct me if I'm wrong about your intentions, though, OP.

Q99
Well, I know who I think would win.

ILS
They do these here too, nice. You guys putting it to a vote, or just debating for the fun of it?

WildBantha88
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Oh, this is a fun matchup.

If anyone doesn't know how these threads work, I believe they originated elsewhere, basically this is a 1 on 1 isolated debate and thus contributions from other members are generally discouraged.

Do correct me if I'm wrong about your intentions, though, OP. That was our intention. Thank you for stating that by the way. I forgot to say that myself

WildBantha88
@ ILS: Just for fun

DarthAnt66
Nice to see you two debating! Honor to see Fated improve over the months. big grin Good luck to both of you.

Fated Xtasy
Okay. Gnost is a highly experience fighter, however at this point in his life Jaden has already gone through a great deal. Defeating the disciples of ragnos at the young age of thirteen is one of his most memorable feats. I don't think he lacks experience. He's proven himself to be a match for the Veteran Reborn warriors that lacked skill, but made up for that with "Magnified powers" Keep in mind that this is Jaden at his peak Bantha, not the little bearded thirteen year old stick out tongue

WildBantha88
Gnost had been fighting the sith ever since their return in 3681 BBY until the quote was taken in 3640 BBY. That is 41 years of experience fighting the sith.

Jaden Korr began his jedi carrier at the age of 13 until around the age of 40. That is only 27 years of experience, give or take a few years

41>27 #math geek

WildBantha88
Alright so lets get serious about this. On the point of Jaden Korrs lightning it seems to me as it is something that he cannot summon at will. It seems more to me like it is something he cant control when he starts going over to the dark side.

So unless Jaden is feeling insufficient in the presence of such a great jedi master or gets really frustrated and angry because he cant defeat Gnost, then his lightning shouldn't really come into play. But that is looking up for Jaden because both of those scenarios seem likely to me. HewHewHew

And if Jaden does summon his lightning, Gnost Dural can just absorb it with his lightsaber.

your go bucheroo

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Alright so lets get serious about this. On the point of Jaden Korrs lightning it seems to me as it is something that he cannot summon at will. It seems more to me like it is something he cant control when he starts going over to the dark side.

Yes his lightning is bred from fear and/or anger.(And strangely enough it's green in some instances) However he rarely goes over the edge against his opponents and that scenario were he used in fear, was also in part due to his "benighted' force sensitivity.

You're assuming that's the only power in Jaden's arsenal, he's a skilled TK user and knows the force repulse ability.

Yeah, of course Dural can. But that's assuming He'll be able to use Dun Moch or anger Jaden. which i doubt will happen.

WildBantha88
So we both agree that Jadens lightning shouldn't come into play in this battle and is therefor a minor factor. Good to know smile

Gnost Dural is also a skilled TK user who uses it quite often in combat. As for repulse that is a nice ability thumb up But Gnost has Force Waves.

Gnost used intimidation before. Like when he Force chokes an imperial guard under the false alias of a Sith Lord. He is the jedis for most expert on the sith after all and should thusly know how to intimidate. He is also quite manipulative when he needs to be. Like when he planned on getting captured by his apprentice so that he could gloat her into flying her ship right into a trap.

If Gnost Dural does see it necessary to test Jadens anger I have no doubt that he would be able to do so.

Fated Xtasy
Gnost Dural is also a skilled TK user who uses it quite often in combat. As for repulse that is a nice ability thumb up But Gnost has Force Waves.

quote?

Sure, he can intimidate a non-force user that's a good feat, but he could only manipulate his apprentice because he knew her and trained her. I fail to see how that would work on Jaden dude erm

I don't see Jaden getting frustrated or angry dude.

But let's move this along. Jaden is an excellent duelist, utilizing the Fast Style( a combination of Ataru, Soresu and Shien/Djem So)and the Medium style( a combination of Niman, Soresu and Shii-Cho) He's an excellent defensive fighter and can dish out a great offense if needed. while i do think Gnost is a great duelist, i doubt he would be able to bring anything outstanding to the table. as Jaden has already faced aggressive foes like Alora and Marka Ragnos as well disarmed Rosh Penin, Alora(as a student) and Tavion Axmis on Korriban.

WildBantha88
He thrust out with a powerful Force Wave sweeping them both off their feet.- annihilation

On the contrary Gnost-Dural is bringing quit a lot to the table. He is skiled in all seven forms lightsaber combat and is said to perform Soresu perfectly.

He has also utilized Juyo strictly for lightsaber dueling and was able to defeat a sith apprentice within a matter of seconds with it. Demonstrating that he is leagues above the apprentice in skill.

Would you like quotes?

Fated Xtasy
He thrust out with a powerful Force Wave sweeping them both off their feet.- annihilation

Oh that's highly impressive, however, Jaden's telekinetic blasts were able to explode the possessed corpses of a great number of species - some ancient, make of that what you will. He has also caught the Telekinetic blast of the Katarn clone Runner and Jaden's own clone - Soldier. Both of whom are skilled TK users(especially Runner)

There's no doubt Jaden would be able to defend against Gnost Dural.

Alright, i'll admit that's impressive. However, Jaden has displayed himself to be a master of Shien/The Fast Style. redirecting blaster and cannon fire.

Well yeah, however Jaden is no mere apprentice, we're talking about a guy, who after being separated from Kyle Katarn, fought through many stormtroopers, cultist and Reborn and then took on on Rosh penin, who was being amp and assisted by two other Dark Jedi

No need bud, i still remember your respect thread. wink

WildBantha88
that is a good feat but the corpses will have been decaying and fragile. Still a nice feat but Gnost-Dural makes a practice of throwing around soldiers during combat. Most impressively is when he threw 4 heavily armored soldiers back with one force push

Gnost-Dural did something similar. He fought his way through the soldiers on Darth Karrids ship and then took on both of her apprentices at once and then passed up a few chances to kill them just so he could proceed to put Darth Karrid herself on her ass. And this was on a powerful dark side nexus that would give Gnost opponents an edge while it made Gnost feel nauseas

since Gnost knows all seven forms it is highly likely that he also knows Shien as well. But what ever the case, I do believe Gnost defensive capabilities are greater than Jadens are. After enduring 10 hours of torture he was able to engage two fully fledged sith lords (still on the nexus) and said that he would have been able to hold both of them off indefinitely if he had infinite stamina.

Fated Xtasy
that is a good feat but the corpses will have been decaying and fragile. Still a nice feat but Gnost-Dural makes a practice of throwing around soldiers during combat. Most impressively is when he threw 4 heavily armored soldiers back with one force push

Need i bring up Jaden's feat of bring down a large pillar and sending a Boulder flying?

Impressive, However i should note that Jaden has done this several times. on Hoth, Taspir III, Vjun and Korriban to name a few.(Minus the nexus) However as I stated earlier he fought through multiple reborn who had their powers "quadrupled" by the Valley of the jedi and relied heavily on raw power and Cultist who were empowered with dark side energies.

Greater than Jaden's? The Fast Style is the defensive form of the NJO. a hybrid between Shien/Djem So,Soresu and Ataru, being able to deflect cannon fire is nothing to scoff at, keep in mind that his movements were hindered by the spacesuit's lack of mobility and He was still able to redirect it back to the ship. Against the Dark Jedi, Alora. he was able to counter everything she threw at him. Not to mention Jaden has defeated Boba Fett, a bounty-hunter who excels in Marksmanship.

If we're talking about Stamina, we need only look at Jaden when he cleared the Taspir III Base alone and defeated Alora. or When he was sent to Hoth during the start of his career and "neutralized" The Imperial remnants perimeter guard and then forced Alora to retreat.

WildBantha88
Something that will serve Gnost well in this battle is his skill in rolling with the punches when it comes to TK. A good example of this is when Darth Karrid caught him off guard with a Force Push and he was able to roll with it instead of being thrashed about.

Gnost-Dural lunged forward to deliver a coupe de grace, but his momentum was suddenly reversed, and he found himself sailing backward as Darth Karrid hit him with a powerful Force Push. He was able to roll into a back summersault as he hit the ground and spring back to his feet, -annihation

As I already stated Gnosts soresu was said to be performed perfectly and to be nearly impenetrable. So much so that he was able to hold off two sith lords for a substantial period of time after being subject to unspeakable tortures.

Also he was only wearing his boxers at the time Lol

I would also like to point out that Gnost knows more forms than Jaden does as he is skilled in all seven forms where as Jaden only knows three forms IIRC

I will concede that Jaden most likely has better stamina than Gnost seeing as how he is much younger than Gnost. But Gnost, on the other hand, has an insane pain thresh hold and tons of willpower as he was subjected to a darkside torture machine that could make you endure the agony of dying in the most gruesome ways imaginable over and over again. And it took this machine TEN HOURS to break him.

And then once it did bring him to the brink of insanity, it only took him a few minutes to recover his sanity.

Fated Xtasy

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
lmao, why is it you always read the SW books where the characters are nearly always half-naked?

http://img.mogicons.com/l/if-you-know-what-i-mean-127.png

WildBantha88

Fated Xtasy
Actually the quote reads like this.

The implication of him making a mistake is not due to Soresu being labor intensive or even him having a lack of skill but Gnost's stamina is limited. But keep in mind that he was feeling physically sick from the nexus and this took place after then ten hour torture session. So Gnost wasn't fresh and yet he still held off the two sith lords for a long period of time and took out the apprentice.

Ah, yeah i forgot about that, apologies, however he only took out the apprentice that he considered "weak" while the other two ran for the escape pods no?

Yes, you're right buddy. However it is my opinion, that the Fast Style allows the user much more "freedom" as the style itself compliments - or rather "covers", the innate weaknesses of Djem So(i.e Acrobatics and agility) By adding Ataru into the mix as well as Soresu and Djem So's sister form, Shien. So his two styles are able to adapt to almost any given situation and covers the weaknesses of the forms.

If we're arguing about their respective pain thresholds, yes. I agree.

Jaden doubted his abilities during the events of Star Wars: Crosscurrent, at the end of the novel, he no longer struggles with his demons.

WildBantha88
What happened was Gnost engaged Darth Karrid's last remaining apprentice and the two sith lords. He found a weakness in their attack strategy and turned the two sith lords blades against each other and used that opening to put down the apprentice. But after that he was already starting to get worn down and so he resorted to holding the sith lords at bay for as long as he could.

But on the note of Gnosts stamina, it really isn't all that bad. Yes he did were down quit quickly during the second battle but he was coming into that battle far from fresh. His first go best captures his stamina capabilities for me.

He ran through a large space station, then he fought his way through many soldier to the heart of The Ascendant Spear. He then engaged the two apprentices and Darth Karrid and kicked their asses and only at the very end of the battle did his stamina start to falter.

In the second battle against the Sith Lords, however, he started to fatigue almost right away, and I would attribute that to his previous torture session.

Due to my limited knowledge of the NJO forms, I cannot argue weather your opinion is true or false. But since Gnost Dural knows all the forms he is cut out for what ever Jaden brings to the table. He is also adept at chaining forms together.

Gnost-Dural was forced onto the defensive to ward off the attacks, occasionally slipping in quick maneuvers drawn from the more aggressive Ataru form to keep them off balance.- Annihilation

Its always nice to see a character conquer their weakness thumb up

Fated Xtasy
Well while the shitstorm that my Jaina Vs Zannah thread created rages on, why don't i actually respond to you as promised lol, sorry for taking so long boo.

What happened was Gnost engaged Darth Karrid's last remaining apprentice and the two sith lords. He found a weakness in their attack strategy and turned the two sith lords blades against each other and used that opening to put down the apprentice. But after that he was already starting to get worn down and so he resorted to holding the sith lords at bay for as long as he could.

Ah my bad, thanks for clearing that up.

As i said before, Jaden has kept up with a number of opponents despite having to go through a great number of Stormtroopers and Dark sided force users. Also, Gnost did note that Karrid's apprentice were Raw and used the basic moves of Makashi, it's still impressive, as they did move with "astonishing strength, and speed" but they were not that well trained something Gnost himself notes:

"but they hadn't mastered the subtle art of allowing the Force to guide there blades. They were wielding the weapon instead of allowing it to become an extension of themselves." ―Star Wars: Old Republic Annihilation

Well of course, Dural's Skill with soresu and holding off Three opponents is incredibly impressive. However Jaden has done that and more. Given that he took on Reborn and cultist on Vjun(Rosh Penin and The Kathos twins), Taspir(soloing the facility and killed Alora) and Korriban were he made his way through the tombs full of Reborn and culist, Took down Tavion who wielded the Scepter of Ragnos as well as her saber and after he defeated her, she resurrected Ragnos who then possessed her body and fought Jaden Korr. I should also note that after Jaden defeats Alora and rescues Rosh Penin on Taspir he immediately heads to Korriban. As for his older self, Jaden despite being injured by the clones and blacking out due to their combined power, still gets up and chases them, nothing within the novel suggest he even got his wounds patched up - though for reasons that i won't disclose due to spoilers, those wounds are gone by the end of the book.

Yeah, that would make a lot of sense

Here is a very rudimentary analyses of the NJO forms:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t597324.html

Should you have the time, you ought to give it a read. However as i said, it's very amateur-ish. but it does explain the forms well for the most part. I'll probably end up making a revised thread in the future.

Yeah, it's a good read for the most part. I recommend it.

WildBantha88
I have no doubt that Jadens stamina is better than Gnosts is because Gnost is kind of old but due to him fatiguing right away in the second battle I wanted to prove that his Stamina is good but still no doubt Jadens is no doubt better

I would consider that equal to Gnost taking on the two apprentices and Darth Karrid because Rosh was just an apprentice and although he was amped more amped than the two apprentices and no doubt more skilled, Darth Karrid was helping them out with her Force powers when the apprentices got in trouble and the apprentices stepped in when Darth Karrid got in trouble.

I have a lot of books on my plate atm but if I may look into it in the future

DarthAnt66
sorry for taking so long boo.
I thought I was your boo.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmagqmTWDi1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I thought I was your boo.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmagqmTWDi1qii6tmo1_500.gif

https://31.media.tumblr.com/1d544c8a6758d42bea1dd725baad3c13/tumblr_inline_ml4gphXWq11qz4rgp.gif

Won't lie, that was adorable <3

I have no doubt that Jadens stamina is better than Gnosts is because Gnost is kind of old but due to him fatiguing right away in the second battle I wanted to prove that his Stamina is good but still no doubt Jadens is no doubt better

Oh Bantha you're too nice. I'd like to talk more on chat later should you have the time bubby.

I'll be honest with you, Rosh is not that impressive. He is virtually featless lol. Karrid's apprentices are in my opinion more impressive than Rosh. That's not me being nice, that the truth.

Oh yeah i forgot about your pet project wink

DarthAnt66
http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp82/ulovefreckles/boo-i-miss-you.gif

WildBantha88
I will also admit that the two apprentices aren't impressive either, but Gnost dural doe treat them how a character of his level should treat amateurs like them

WildBantha88
Something I havnt brought up yet is Gnost's speed. I wonder if Jaden could keep up with him

Fated Xtasy

WildBantha88
me so sexy

WildBantha88
Impressive, but Gnost Dural ran through a space station filled with thousands, if not millions of soldiers, so fast that all of them just thought that their minds were playing tricks on them.

Gnost-Dural was little more than a blur of motion and movement as he raced through the corridors of Reaver Station. The imperial soldiers he flew past reacted with a mix of surprise, curiosity, and alarm, but he came and went so fast that none of them fully realized what had happened. Left in his wake, they exchanged a few puzzled glances with their friends, then laughed off the odd but seemingly harmless encounter as their minds convinced them that the person who'd just ran past couldn't possible have been moving that fast. - annihilation

Fated Xtasy
Gnost-Dural was little more than a blur of motion and movement as he raced through the corridors of Reaver Station. The imperial soldiers he flew past reacted with a mix of surprise, curiosity, and alarm, but he came and went so fast that none of them fully realized what had happened. Left in his wake, they exchanged a few puzzled glances with their friends, then laughed off the odd but seemingly harmless encounter as their minds convinced them that the person who'd just ran past couldn't possible have been moving that fast. - annihilation

Impressive, however Jaden speed is nothing to scoff at, despite being hindered by Rosh Penin with an APS-19 Battle droid(using a saber) and having to go through the training grounds of Yavin IV, Jaden was still able to catch up with Rosh. this is during their first lessons, though Force speed is not mention, it is something that i feel should be noted.

watch?v=q-schEhDWwc
Skip to 1:40 and watch until 2:21

Note: I'll continue with a more in depth counter-argument later on today, have some stuff that requires my attention. sorry for the inconvenience

WildBantha88
I saw nothing in that video that puts Jaden anywhere close to Gnost's speed. Keep tryin bud, :P

Fated Xtasy
I saw nothing in that video that puts Jaden anywhere close to Gnost's speed. Keep tryin bud, :P

lol, Don't worry bantha, I have faith that i will bring ya down a notch wink.

Anyway, the video showed that despite being hindered by Rosh, Jaden was still able to catch up with him despite Rosh having a significant head start.

Perhaps Jaden may not match Gnost's speed, but he is a practitioner of it and has other abilities at his disposal to combat Gnost. Force repulse and his potent TK, i have no doubt that Gnost himself is a powerful practitioner of TK, however Jaden is far more impressive in that regard.

-----

As duelists, I feel we're underrating Jaden a bit, Gnost is a generalist, using and chaining all of the seven forms in sequence, however it seems that his preferred forms are Soresu, Djem So and Juyo. While Jaden himself is a practitioner of The fast style and Medium Style, two hybrid forms incorporating various elements from the old traditional Lightsaber forms.

Note: The forms that are in bold are the ones that Gnost has used before.

Soresu: Soresu would not be something Jaden would struggle with himself as the Fast Style is the defensive form of the NJO and carries traces of Soresu as does the Medium Style

Djem So:: Djem So would not be something that would catch Jaden off guard as The fast style incorporates Shien/Djem So into it's arsenal and Jaden was trained by Kyle Katarn, the battlemaster of the NJO and a master of Djem So and Jaden himself is a skilled practitioner of Shien.

Ataru: Like with Djem So and Soresu, Ataru is also incorporated into the fast style and Jaden himself demonstrates his prowess with it against Alora and the Jedi master Relin.

Niman: The medium style incorperates Niman along with Shii-Cho into it's sequences and the form it self is considered the "Jack-Of-All-Trades" style of the NJO.

Juyo: This is one i find to be a bit difficult, Jaden has faced highly aggressive fighters such as Alora & Marka Ragnos however, Alora was a practitioner of the fast style and Ragnos lived in an era were swords were still common so his style would be highly unpredictable, He has also fought against the Alpha clone who was relentless in his assault(which could have been Juyo)

-----

Makashi is a form he recognized, granted he might know it, however he does not showcase his prowess with the form in the book(not to my knowledge at least, please correct me if am wrong)

Shii-Cho is a form most are expected to learn, yet few continue to use after apprenticeship/initiation, so while he may know it, he is not a master of the form, nor has he showcased his prowess with it(again correct me if i am wrong)

If anything, Gnost would be the one unfamiliar with Jaden's form due to the hybrid nature of The Fast and Medium styles.

-----

Ugh try as still might this looks so damn disorganized. Sorry about that Bantha & Viewers.

DarthAnt66
/watch?v=xi_3v-FpKFg

WildBantha88
lol, Don't worry bantha, I have faith that i will bring ya down a notch wink.

Anyway, the video showed that despite being hindered by Rosh, Jaden was still able to catch up with him despite Rosh having a significant head start.

Perhaps Jaden may not match Gnost's speed, but he is a practitioner of it and has other abilities at his disposal to combat Gnost. Force repulse and his potent TK, i have no doubt that Gnost himself is a powerful practitioner of TK, however Jaden is far more impressive in that regard.

-----

As duelists, I feel we're underrating Jaden a bit, Gnost is a generalist, using and chaining all of the seven forms in sequence, however it seems that his preferred forms are Soresu, Djem So and Juyo. While Jaden himself is a practitioner of The fast style and Medium Style, two hybrid forms incorporating various elements from the old traditional Lightsaber forms.

Note: The forms that are in bold are the ones that Gnost has used before.

Soresu: Soresu would not be something Jaden would struggle with himself as the Fast Style is the defensive form of the NJO and carries traces of Soresu as does the Medium Style

Djem So:: Djem So would not be something that would catch Jaden off guard as The fast style incorporates Shien/Djem So into it's arsenal and Jaden was trained by Kyle Katarn, the battlemaster of the NJO and a master of Djem So and Jaden himself is a skilled practitioner of Shien.

Ataru: Like with Djem So and Soresu, Ataru is also incorporated into the fast style and Jaden himself demonstrates his prowess with it against Alora and the Jedi master Relin.

Niman: The medium style incorperates Niman along with Shii-Cho into it's sequences and the form it self is considered the "Jack-Of-All-Trades" style of the NJO.

Juyo: This is one i find to be a bit difficult, Jaden has faced highly aggressive fighters such as Alora & Marka Ragnos however, Alora was a practitioner of the fast style and Ragnos lived in an era were swords were still common so his style would be highly unpredictable, He has also fought against the Alpha clone who was relentless in his assault(which could have been Juyo)

-----

Makashi is a form he recognized, granted he might know it, however he does not showcase his prowess with the form in the book(not to my knowledge at least, please correct me if am wrong)

Shii-Cho is a form most are expected to learn, yet few continue to use after apprenticeship/initiation, so while he may know it, he is not a master of the form, nor has he showcased his prowess with it(again correct me if i am wrong)

If anything, Gnost would be the one unfamiliar with Jaden's form due to the hybrid nature of The Fast and Medium styles.

-----

Ugh try as still might this looks so damn disorganized. Sorry about that Bantha & Viewers.

*cracks his knuckles and neck* okay lets got to work.

I disagree with a lot of what you have said. First off I believe that Gnost Durals main style is Niman. In my opinion he uses Niman as the default style when ever he goes into a fight and then he switches styles to adapt to the needs of the battle.

In almost all of his fights Gnost has been depicted using the Force in tandem with his lightsaber. Example being throwing his lightsaber, Force Pushing Darth Karrid, Force Wave against the apprentices, and many examples of him throwing soldiers about with the Force. And that is one of the core elements of Niman.

And also with a fighting style like his own, one that switches styles all the time, I believe Niman would be the perfect starting point. It is the style that has no weaknesses and therefor would be a good opening style for any situation.

-----

As far as Force Speed goes, Jaden seeing the laser fire slow and stretch is very impressive, But Gnost has proven his speed multiple times. The space station feat was only the beginning

As you pointed out for me Karrids apprentices had enhanced strength and SPEED. And in this next quote, one of those apprentices is in the room with him.

Gnost-Dural reacted with the superior reflexes and blinding speed of a true Jedi Master, already in motion before the others even realized something had gone wrong. -annihilation

And then there is his less than a second feat which I am sure you are familiar with.

The apprentice blocked two overhand strikes, but then overreacted when the Kel Dor feigned a third, leaving himself vulnerable down low. The Jedi turned his wrist and spun to his left, reversing the direction of the blade too quickly for the apprentice to recover, and removed him from the battle with a deep slash across the midsection that nearly severed the man in two.

The entire sequence took less than a second...
- annihilation

Jaden may be a skilled practitioner of Force Speed but he is not on the level of Gnost Dural, as far as that power goes at least

-----

Now as for Jadens fighting forms go I would like to point out that Jaden doesn't actually know any of the forms Gnost knows except for Form 5 IIRC. Jaden knows fast and medium style which carry ELEMENTS of the forms that Gnost uses, but Jaden cannot wield Soresu or Ataru for example, he can wield Fast Style.

But something I would like to point out is that since the NJO forms are based off of the classical jedi forms both Jaden and Gnost would be able to recognize elements from the other persons fighting styles.

Now lets talk about the styles that you were mentioning.

Soresu. I have already provided a quote that stated that Gnost's Soresu is perfectly executed, nearly impenetrable, and can hold off multiple opponents with a variety of styles at once. I think its pretty clear that Gnost has the superior defensive capabilities.

Djemn So: now I believe this is the classical style that Jaden knows correct? If so then yea Jaden shouldn't be familiar with the style and know better how to combat it than the other styles.

Ataru: This style is interesting for Gnost Dural. It seems that Gnost was able to slip in moves from Ataru while simultaneously using Soresu and the only other time that Gnost used it was when he was hoping to put a quick end to the battle, no doubt because he wasn't feeling so hot after the torture session.

Niman: *see what I had to say about this style above*

Juyo: IMO this style is going to be the most dangerous for Jaden to combat. Gnost Dural specifically tooled this style towards lightsaber dueling and that would make it very dangerous for Jaden when Gnost decides to whip it out.

Makashi: Gnost did recognize the stlye but there is also this quote when gnost was talking to one of Karrids apprentices (idk why this isn't in my respect thread.)

Gnost Dural recognized the weapon he had forged while still a padawan on Coruscant. She had witnessed his lightsaber skills during their battle; now it seemed she was intent on finding some explanation in his weapon. Gnost Dural sensed and sympathized with her confusion; she had been raised to believe the power of the dark side dwarfed that of the light, and she was unable to convince herself that a jedi could have so easily bested her in combat without some kind of inherit advantage.

"I could teach you how to use that." He said.

Startled, she glanced up at the prisoner, taking a moment to realize he was drawing on the Force to "see" her.

"I know how to use a lightsaber." She said defensively.

"I could teach you how to use it properly," He explained. "Not as a clumsy weapon guided by hate and anger, but as an extension of yourself that protects and defends those in need."

-Annihilation Page 306

Gnost Dural said that he could teach the apprentice (a Makashi practitioner) how to wield the lightsaber properly.

Shi Cho: thumb up

------

One of Gnosts advantages is that he knows all seven forms where as Jaden only knows 3 forms. Even though those styles are based off of the styles that Gnost knows, that doesn't make Jaden know or even familiar with Gnosts forms. He can recognize elements from them and Gnost can do the same in Jadens style but in the end of the Gnost knows more forms.

Fated Xtasy
*cracks his knuckles and neck* okay lets got to work.

So, the beast is unleashed? lol finally. Sorry for taking so long btw, But i'm back to settle this.

I was going by what Gnost used more in battle, but given that he does chain his forms, I'm guessing that Niman is the logical choice.

Yeah, I agree with that being his style thumb up

Jaden has a similar speed. though with they were not force sensitives.

"The Weequay spun around when they heard Jaden ignite his lightsaber, their eyes wide in the nest of their wrinkled, leathery skin. Jaden was on them before they could aim their blasters, and a downward slash, spin, and backslash left both of them holding only a smoking half of a weapon. The crowd milled in panic. Blasterfire from near the sabacc table sounded above the screams and shouts." - SW:Crosscurrent

Jaden's blade has even moved in a blur(though this is always common in the SW universe)

"Jaden's lightsaber was a humming blur of green, deflecting shot after shot. He angled the deflected shots to hit the ceiling and it soon looked like the cratered surface of a moon." - SW;Crosscurrent
And then there is his less than a second feat which I am sure you are familiar with.

And again(why the hell don't I have these in my Respect thread?)

"Wyyrlok let the tape play, and they watched the combat between Jaden Korr and the Solusar clone. The lightsabers, green and red, made blurred wedges in the air." - SW: Riptide

Perhaps Gnost is above Jaden in terms of speed, but i wouldn't say by much. At least not to a point where Gnost would blitz Jaden

I was not implying that he knew those forms, but rather, I was saying that Jaden's knowledge of The Fast Style and Medium Style which gives him familiarity with five of the 7 forms. Therefore, he would not struggle with the majority of them.

Perhaps, but the NJO doesn't seem to have a real structure when it comes to the forms. The Styles of the NJO are a base which the duelist can build upon, thus allowing for a more personal fighting style to accommodate the user's weaknesses and/or strengths.

"As you train you'll learn additional fighting styles, changing styles during combat can surprise you're opponent allowing you to gain the upper-hand"
- Star Wars: Jedi Academy(Kyle Katarn)

That's a bit arguable, Jaden may have lost to Alpha, but the clones are stated time and time again to be highly advanced force users and highly skilled duelists. With a quote "remarkably high Midi-cholorian count" and have also "demonstrated mastery of basic to moderately advanced force techniques"

Not to mention, this clone is stated be bigger and Physically stronger than Kam Solusar.

Quote's are on hand if you need them.

Jaden was trained by a Djem So specialist, He would be highly familiar with that form dude as i said above, because the Fast Style incorporates Djem So/Shien into its sequences, Jaden would be familiar with this form.

As i said before, In his fight with the Kam Clone and he slips from the defense nature of The Fast Style/Soresu and lands the acrobatic offense granted to him by Soresu. In the video with his against Alora, you'll see him incorporate the Djem So and Ataru elements of The Fast Style: Answering Alora with a strike each time she attacked and utilized acrobatic moves during that fight.

Yeah, it could be difficult, but if Jaden could deal with the unorthodox style that Ragnos utilized - which because of the era in which Ragnos lived in, means that the swords styles were HIGHLY different from any of the saber forms and thanks to this quote:

"A stalwart defender of the Sith Empire, the Juggernaut embodies the teachings of Marka Ragnos, charging into enemies with heavy armor and pure rage." -SWTOR Holonet

I don't think that necessarily means he wanted to teach her how to correctly use Makashi, but rather, he wanted to show her how to use the force to guide her weapon and let go of the rage/Dark-Side. Though again that doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't a practitioner of Makashi. I believe Drew Karpshyn confirmed that he was a user of all 7 forms. That said, we don't know how good Gnost is with Makashi nor does he have any showings with it(correct me if i am wrong)

Thank for agreeing with me big grin.

That's impressive, But i already made my case about Jaden's familiarity with the forms. Granted he may not know all five of them, but he won't be taken by surprise because of of the elements that grant him that familiarity.

me so sexy

watch?v=RisWH8iMLdE

love

carthage
good debate fellas

WildBantha88
So Jaden can move much faster than thugs, create a blur with his lightsaber, and slow time to see cannon fire slow and stretch.

Gnost Dural can move so fast that soldiers couldn't even realize what had happened, react faster than a sith apprentice could realize something had gone wrong, and strike 4 times in less than a second.

WARNING: The following argument may be unorthodox and people might not like it.

I personally take lightsaber "blur" feats as unimpressive and here is why. The lightsaber is made of plasma and as the name suggest, gives off light. Now unless light in SW is different than light in real life anyone can make the blade appear as a blur. I have a cool ass lightsaber and even I, some 18 year old no martial arts training no body, can make the blade appear as a blur when im swinging it around like a mad man fighting of hordes of imaginary sith lords. (Yea im still a kid at heart). Sorry im not tying to cheap shot your blur feat, its something that has been on my mind for a while now.

WARNING END

When talking about defense Jaden simply cant put up an as effective of a defense as Gnost's Soresu. Even after his torture session that, just a few hours before, had Gnost on the brink of insanity and had, and I quote, "ravaged his body" Gnost was capable of putting up a near impenetrable wall of defense.

And Gnost was not on the top of his game after the torture session. His goal was to finish Darth Karrid who was in her command pod so that the ascendant spear would be weakened and the republic could destroy it. And right aways when he entered the room where the apprentice and two sith lords were meditating outside of the pod, he threw his lightsaber at the pod instead of taking one of them out. And when that didn't work he launched into Ataru hoping to put the three opponents down quickly, and when that failed he fell back into soresu.

My point is that Gnost was not very excited to get into a fight after that session, as his actions suggest, and thus backing up that he wasn't fighting at the top of his game. And yet despite all of that, he put down one of the opponents, albeit the weakest one, and raised a defensive wall that two sith lords who Gnost himself noted to have impressive skill couldn't penetrate.

It is my humble opinion that if Gnost had gone up against those two sith fresh, he would have defeated them.

Something I would like to point out is that IIRC to learn Juyo you must first be a master of multiple other form in order to have something to build your Juyo off of. (I forget if it is Master or simple know multiple forms) And it is pretty obvious that Gnost has mastered Soresu but seeing as how Juyo is a purely offensive form we can count Soresu out as being on of the forms since a purely defensive form wouldn't help you create a purely offensive form.

And I also believe Gnost is a master of Niman since it is his main form, so we have one of the forms. But that means Gnost has to at least be a master of one other form since Juyo is based off multiple forms.

I believe the other form Gnost has mastered would be Djem so. I came to this conclusion based on the nature of his Juyo, being specifically tailored to lightsaber dueling, and Djem so, aside from Makashi, is the most specified towards lightsaber dueling. But seeing as how Gnost has never been depicted using Makashi I would be reluctant to claim that he has mastered it. Also Makashi is less aggressive than Djem so, so Djem so being the most aggressive would make the most sense as being the form to create Juyo off of.

If I am wrong about that Master thing, which I may be, just let me know. But if I am wrong about the master thing I still believe that Gnost has mastered Niman and Soresu and then Djem so would be the one of the forms that he is most proficient with.

Niman, Soresu, Juyo, Djem so, Ataru, Makashi, Shi Cho is the order of which I would put the forms from most skilled it least skilled. The first two and last two are kind of interchangeable.

Being familiar with elements from a form and being intimate with a form are two separate things. And while recognizing elements may help you combat the form, it is not the same as knowing a form inside and out. But that is a two way street. I feel like we have both come to the conclusion that each of our fighters will recognize elements from the others forms and our fighters are relatively evenly matched when it comes to recognizing elements from unfamiliar forms. But in the end of the day Gnost knows 7 forms (and actively applies at least 5 of them) where as Jaden only knows 3. Gnost knows a form for almost any situation that he will get into and is overall the more educated of the two fighters.

Fated Xtasy
So Jaden can move much faster than thugs, create a blur with his lightsaber, and slow time to see cannon fire slow and stretch.

Gnost Dural can move so fast that soldiers couldn't even realize what had happened, react faster than a sith apprentice could realize something had gone wrong, and strike 4 times in less than a second.

It should be noted that the Umbaran Nyss and Wyyrlok see them as blurs. One a skilled assassin and the other a sith lord. Just sayin wink

Eh, i kinda agree with that.

Lol that's actually kind of cute, also... Bantha ... i just turned eighteen wink I'm ready whenever you are love

That's impressive, but the texts notes that Gnost would not be able to keep it up for long. though granted this was after being tortured. However Jaden is no doubt more skilled with the blade than either the apprentices and the sith lords.

That's actually very tactical of Dural, after realizing that Ataru is weak against multiple opponents, he switches to soresu thumb up Nice.

However, Jaden is no mere apprentice and is more powerful than Karrid imo

Impressive. However, I feel we're going in circles here. As duelists, neither of us is gaining an edge, however should Jaden fail to break the defenses of Gnost, he can always rely on his telekinetic prowess to break though His defenses, though i do not know if it would come to that.

Yeah, i think that's about right.

Being the more educated in lightsaber forms does not grant one a victory, we need only look at Anoon Bondara, Cin Drallig and Kao Cen Darach, despite their title of battlemaster, they lost to users who utilized one or two forms.

Gnost is skilled, no doubt about it. However Jaden is just as skilled, gnost knows more forms. impressive, Jaden knows and specializes in three forms and is just as adaptable as Gnost. The forms are not as structured as the traditional ones, but that is not a weakness as it allows the user to become unpredictable and more versatile.

Again, a duel could go either way, however if we say that Jaden would not be able to break gnost's defenses, Jaden could simply use the force thus giving him an advantage over Dural - who while skilled, lacks the destructive power of the Katarn and Jaden clones.

Dural in a freshen state could have utterly crushed the sith lords and the apprentice with ease, however Jaden is above them and has been continuously praised by Kyle Katarn and Luke Skywalker for his skill as a Jedi.

Jaden is strong and I'm sure you'll admit that he is more impressive than karrid and her apprentices. You don't become a Jedi Knight at thirteen if that wasn't true wink

WildBantha88
that still doesn't compare to Gnost striking 4 times in less than a second. Meaning Gnost could probably pump out one or two more strikes in the duration of a second. I feel as though you are fighting an uphill battle where Jadens speed is concerned.

That is correct. I believe I pointed out the difference between his stamina when he was fresh and his stamina after the torture session.

The first time around he was able to run at supernatural speeds through a large space station then fight his way through Darth Karrid's flag ship and then fought the apprentices and Karrid and only at the very end did he even start to run out of stamina.

The second time around he broke free and had a lightsaber duel with an apprentice that only lasted a few seconds. He met up with Theron Shan and helped him get away from sith soldiers (he didn't battle his way through them, he Force pushed a few of them and threw his lightsaber at them when they tried coming around a corner, hardly comparable to actually fighting through the ship) and then he engaged the two sith lords and almost immediately his stamina ran short.

And after he did start to run low on stamina the sith lords only started pushing him back slowly, they were still unable to break through his Soresu for a lengthy period of time. Gnost was going to loose but the key word is Eventually

Jaden is going to have to bide his time if he plans on winning via Gnost running out of stamina.

actually I feel like I have already proven my point here but you refuse to back down. Gnost has mastered several forms and is skilled in all of the forms. Gnost's defensives are so strong that two sith lords working together each possessing impressive skill couldn't break through his defenses while Gnost was in a weakened state. How is Jaden going to break through Gnost's soresu wall when Gnost is at full strength? Let me answer that question for you...He isn't going to.

But on the flip side, Gnost has several highly effective and offensive forms in which he can utilize against Jaden. Jaden is no push over like the sith apprentices were and Gnost cant utilize a familiarity with their fighting style like he did against Karrid. But when fighting the two sith lords he found a small weakness and he took full advantage of it. Pray Gnost doesn't spot a weakness in Jadens form.

I heard tales of your great battle prowess while I was on Tython - Darth Karrid

Master Gnost-Dural's appearance was intimidating and unsettling. But Theron knew he was one of the most respected and honored Masters in the Order -annihilation

Gnost-Dural was also an accomplished warrior; he'd been battling the Sith ever since their startling reemergence on the galactic stage, longer than Theron had even been alive. -annihilation

Gnost Dural recognized the weapon he had forged while still a padawan on Coruscant. She had witnessed his lightsaber skills during their battle; now it seemed she was intent on finding some explanation in his weapon. Gnost Dural sensed and sympathized with her confusion; she had been raised to believe the power of the dark side dwarfed that of the light, and she was unable to convince herself that a jedi could have so easily bested her in combat without some kind of inherit advantage. - annihilation

Gnost is also praised as a great and skilled jedi. Sorry Jaden good try but no cookie this time.

Anoon lost to Darth Maul. Cin lost to Anakin Skywalker. And Darach lost to Darth Malgus. That really is an unfair assessment because the people who defeated them were lightsaber prodigies.

Gnost beat Karrid because she had put her lightsaber skills to the back of her agenda and Gnost knew her style. But she was able to pilot the Ascendant Spear, something that only someone extremely strong in the force could do. She wasn't weak. You don't become a Dark Council master if that wasn't true.

WildBantha88
Gnost is a Kel Dor

Kel Dor> Human

/thread

Fated Xtasy
that still doesn't compare to Gnost striking 4 times in less than a second. Meaning Gnost could probably pump out one or two more strikes in the duration of a second. I feel as though you are fighting an uphill battle where Jadens speed is concerned.

Oh, I'm not arguing that Jaden's force speed is above Gnosts, Obviously Gnost has that in the bag, I was merely showing that Jaden is skilled with force speed plus those were all knew info smile

His stamina is impressive, though not out of the range what Jaden can do and has done before.

Again, I've taken note of this and stated that he would have easily defeated his opponents had he been refreshed

Perhaps, but the same could be said for Gnost.

How is Gnost going to break through Jaden's defenses? if he could not break through the defenses of a two apprentices with Ataru i doubt he'll break through Jaden's defense, considering that a man who has moved in a blur stalemated with Jaden and it took the combined strength of three powerful clones(Lumiya, Kyle Katarn and Jadens own clone) to beat him in a TK battle. I doubt Gnost could replicate such a feat

An offensive that was incapable of breaking the defenses of two young apprentices.

"Jaden you handled yourself exceptionally well on Vjun. To confront three dark Jedi and defeat them took bravery and skill. for your efforts I feel you are ready to join our ranks as a Jedi knight." - Luke Skywalker

"Jaden, you did more than we could have ever hoped. You have become a true Jedi." - Luke Skywalker

"You're the best student I've ever trained and a terrific Jedi." - Kyle Katarn

I want my cookie stick out tongue

Perhaps, but it shows that despite their mastery of all forms, they still stood no chance against them.

I have quotes that call Jaden a quote "Advanced Lightsided force user" and he has continuously been entrusted with various tasks by Luke Skywalker, such as taking down Tavion/Ragnos, heading to the planet Vjun(need i say more) and being he was even offered the seat Jedi Master "a long time ago" by the order. Why i don't have these in my thread idk.

Karrid may be impressive, but Jaden is even more so.

WildBantha88
Gnost speed blitzs / thread hewhewhew

I agree that Jadens stamina is better, but I was merely trying to say that this battle will probably end before one of the fighters tires out because they both are capable of fighting for lengthy periods of time.

You are incorrect. Every time Gnost fought the apprentices he put them on their asses with ease.

the Kel Dor countered with Djem So, the fifth of the seven recognized lightsaber forms. Concentrating his counterattacks exclusively on the physically smaller female sith, he unleashed a series of savage blows, driving her into a stumbling retreat. -annihilation

She threw up her lightsaber in a defensive stance to hold him off, but one-on-one she was no match for the Kel Dor. He came at her with a flurry of intense strikes drawn from Juyo, the highly aggressive seventh form of lightsaber combat designed specifically to overwhelm a lone opponent in a one-on-one duel. The chaotic patterns and haphazard sequences picked apart the Sith's defenses in a matter of second, the battle ended with Master Gnost-Dural plunging his lightsaber through her chest and out the other side, impaling her as she had originally tried to do so to him.- annihilation

The apprentice blocked two overhand strikes, but then overreacted when the Kel Dor feigned a third, leaving himself vulnerable down low. The Jedi turned his wrist and spun to his left, reversing the direction of the blade too quickly for the apprentice to recover, and removed him from the battle with a deep slash across the midsection that nearly severed the man in two. - annihilation

Gnost did fail to overwhelm the two impressive sith lords with Ataru when he was in his weakened state. But saying that Gnost couldn't handle the apprentices is laughable.

I think it says more that it took such high caliber opponents to take them out. And I recall Anoon putting up a good fight against Darth Maul as well as Darach holding off both Malgus and Vindican at the same time and defeated Vindican before running out of energy and getting easily overwhelmed by Malgus.

^ Those are the people you just compared Gnost too.

agreed

Revanchiste
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrr does Jaden Kor could be included? I mean Iv play to the game and the skill and state are so cuztumisable...

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Revanchiste
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrr does Jaden Kor could be included? I mean Iv play to the game and the skill and state are so cuztumisable...

-_- He has two books for him, Crosscurrent and Riptide. I have quotes from the books in my respect thread lol.

Also Bantha, I won't be able to response to you today, but it'll be the first thing i do tomorrow. smile

Fated Xtasy
Gnost speed blitzs / thread hewhewhew

http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2811/36/97/52/smiles/2330399501.gif

Agreed, their stamina is incredible. They could both take down Vader together :P

Apologies, I get the two sith lords battle and the apprentices confused, my bad.

I also compared Gnost to Cin Drallig hewhewhew

Alright, i think it's time we make our closing arguments. Do you want to do those in the poll thread or on here? We can sort out the details on chat or i'll PM them to you if you want. Let me know bantha. smile

Fated Xtasy
Closing Arguments:

Alright, so Bantha and I can't come to a decent conclusions, probably because these two are our favorite characters, but never the less, we'll start with our closing arguments:

Lightsabers:

Jaden is a highly versatile duelist, the medium style serves as his basis, the Medium style is Jack-of-all-trades form, incorporating Niman, Shii-Cho and traces of Soresu into it's sequences. the form has no real weakness, it is designed to be a form that can take on either one opponent or multiple adversaries be they, Lightsaber wielders, Force users or Blaster wielding soldiers. The form is highly versatile and adaptable to almost any situation. Another form that jaden is skilled with is the Fast Style of the NJO also known as the defensive form, the form incorporates Shien/Djem So, Ataru and traces of Soresu, this form is quite impressive, utilizing quick jabs and acrobatics to overwhelm the users opponent as well as quick feints and trap shunts to counter their opponents, due to the forms incorporation of Shien and Soresu it was optimal against Blaster fire. Now Gnost is a expert of six of the seven traditional forms(I don't count Shii-Cho because few ever continue to incorporate or even master this form after apprenticeship) and he has shown himself capable of chaining his lightsaber forms in sync, which is highly impressive, however. Jaden's lightsaber form is highly unpredictable as these forms allow for the user to build a highly personal and completely customizable fighting style. Given how this allows Jaden to be more unpredictable i feel that he gets the edge- however it is a very small egde as Gnost would also be highly unpredictable because of his chaining of the lightsaber forms as well. In my opinion these will stalemate in a duel, so i declare them as equals.

-------

Force Powers:

Jaden is an extremely talented force user who was regarded as "an advanced light sided force user" His Talent with Telekinesis vastly outstrips gnost's own, as he has held the powerfu and combinedl TK of the Kyle Katarn and Jaden Clones and though he started to fail at first, he was able to summon a reservoir of strength and pushed back, this effort was only broken when the Lumiya clone took advantage of his precarious situation and used force against him, it should be noted that these clones share a bond that empowers them all. so the fact that held back these two clones and only broke when a third powerful clone joined in, is nothing to scoff at. Jaden was also a user of the Force repulse ability and was able to break the grip of the ancient Rakatan entity known as "Mother" who was a powerful dark sided creature. He has used Telekinesis to bring down large pillars and has sent a boulder flying with his raw power as a thirteen year old. to say that Jaden is a skilled practitioner is an understatement. His speed with the blade made blurs for a Sith lord and he has used his prowess with speed to slow his decent as he fell from 3 floors, to see the fire of a ship and re-direct it back at said ship. While gnost maybe above Jaden in speed, Jaden is above Gnost in Telekinetic power as he has the Raw power to Explode corpses that were being possessed/controlled by "Mother" In Dozens! Jaden would not have any difficulty dealing with Gnost's TK as he himself is already a master of that art. Jaden has the edge over Gnost in force powers.

-------

The Verdict:

A fight between these two would be exactly like the the first half of Anakin and Obi-Wans duel on mustafar, with Jaden playing the part of Anakin and Gnost play the part of Obi-Wan. Jaden - much like Anakin, would be the aggressor, he would rain down a hale of strikes down on Gnost and force the Kel Dor on the defensive, they would fight, using everything(forms - wise) they have until they deadlock where Jaden would start to use physical attacks and gnost would respond with his own blows, eventually they would regain their blades and deadlock once again, here is where everything changes. after deadlocking both combatants would both unleash a force blast against one another they would stalemate in force deadlock for a while, however unlike with Obi-Wan and Anakin, one would eventually overwhelm the other - and that person is Jaden, with his superior Telekinetic prowess Jaden would overwhelm Gnost and push him back, thus given jaden an edge and the Victory over the Kel Dor.

This scenario could also be flipped, where Jaden plays the part of the defender(Obi-Wan) and Gnost is the Aggressor(Anakin), however the end result would be the same, both would deadlock and use the force and Jaden would overpower Gnost in this regard. they are both highly skilled duelist, however Jaden is simply the better Telekinetic user. Regardless of the scenario Jaden's TK, Coupled with his knowledge of force speed and Force repulse gives him a significant edge.

I feel these two are more or less equals when it comes to the blade and they have a great edge over one another in TK and Speed respectively. However i feel like Jaden has enough to counter the edge that Gnost has over him.
So it is for this reason, that I declare Jaden Korr the victory of this battle

WildBantha88
Closing Remarks.

Lightsabers: Gnost-Dural is an absolute master of lightsaber combat who has mastered many of the seven forms and has great skill in the others. He is capable of raising a defense with soresu that Jaden Korr could not penetrate and has several options of which to raise an offense, Juyo, Ataru, Djem So, and Niman.

Being a master with such a braud skill set, Gnost is an expert at spotting weaknesses in an opponents style and taking full advantage of it. Examples being when he used Djem So to overpower the physically weaker apprentice, when he took advantage of Darth Karrids inherent weakness in her style, and when he turned the two sith lords blades against one another.

Jaden Korr is a very skilled duelist, of that their is no doubt, but Gnost-Dural is one of the greats of his era. Jaden Korr will no doubt put up a fight but Gnost-Dural will ultimately defeat him.

Forcepowers: While I will not deny that Jaden Korr has more powerful TK than Gnost, Gnost is in no means weak. Gnost is capable of sending four heavily armored soldiers flying with a single force push and makes a habit of throwing soldiers around like ragdolls.

The biggest difference between the two is not that difference in power, it is how they apply the Force. Jaden uses the Force as a weapon, but Gnost uses it as a tool to feed into his lightsaber skill. Gnost will not try to overwhelm Jaden with TK but he will chain in force pushes and lightsaber throws to off balance Jaden and create openings for which Gnost can land a finishing blow with his lightsaber.

Also Gnost Dural is much faster than Jaden Korr and that also enhances his lightsaber dueling advantage. Gnost can strike 4 times in less than a second and can run through a very large enemy space station so fast that no one fully realized what had happened and thought that their minds were playing tricks on them. If Gnost chooses to defeat Jaden through speed he would no doubt succeed. (hah it rhymes)

The Verdict: I came out this debate thinking the same thing as when I came in. Gnost-Durals main advantage is his speed and lightsaber skill. And while Jaden has more powerful TK strikes, all of Gnost-Durals skills feed into his main advantage, his lightsaber skills. And through superior skill backed up by much greater speed knowledge and a higher pain threshold I see Gnost-Dural taking the majority.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.