Who can defeat General Grievous in Hand-to-hand combat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILS
What it says in the title. Who can defeat Grievous using nothing but their body as a weapon? This can be pretty much any sentient or nigh-sentient humanoid being, Force sensitive or non-Force sensitive. Please don't look for loopholes like a spirit or something.

I'll be using pre-TCW Grievous for this thread.

In the case of characters who pretty vastly outstrip Grievous in speed, i.e Sidious, Yoda, GM Luke, you can equalise their speed to make it fair.

FreshestSlice
Mace, Vader, Bane, Malgus, Maul, Savage, etc.

Also taking out what makes a character powerful is not making anything fair.

ILS
I personally don't see any of the people you mentioned beating Grievous H2H.

Of course it's making it fair. Characters like Sidious and Yoda are skilled unarmed combatants with good physical feats to compare to Grievous. Letting them wreck him with speed alone doesn't generate good discussion.

FreshestSlice
I personally would like to see why, since all of them have incredible physical strength and speed above Grievous.

Then don't make a thread about who can beat him in hand-to-hand while gimping the candidates.

ILS
Because Grievous is faster, stronger, more durable, and potentially more skilled than just about everyone you listed.

I didn't flat out "gimp" them. I said you "can" equalise speed if you want to make the fight fair. If you want the go ahead to say "Sidious speedblitzes" then congratulations, you have it. Whoa, look at all of that discussion value.

The Merchant
I remember reading a LONG time ago that Grievous punched a hole through an alloy that withstood Aldeeran's destruction, Phrikk I think it was.

ILS
Originally posted by The Merchant
I remember reading a LONG time ago that Grievous punched a hole through an alloy that withstood Aldeeran's destruction, Phrikk I think it was. Shit, really? If you could tell me the source of this feat should you ever remember it I'd highly appreciate it.

That feat almost sounds like an outlier, though, but I guess it's plausible.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ILS
Because Grievous is faster, stronger, more durable, and potentially more skilled than just about everyone you listed.

No he really isn't. All also have forced enhanced strength which will always come into play. They tron through the things Grievous is made up of. He isn't some super being just because he's skilled with a lightsaber and overcome Obi-Wan with his feet a few times.

Then say don't name those people. Speed is just as important as strength in a hand to hand fight.

ILS
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
No he really isn't. All also have forced enhanced strength which will always come into play. They tron through the things Grievous is made up of. He isn't some super being just because he's skilled with a lightsaber and overcome Obi-Wan with his feet a few times. Force enhanced strength which isn't enough to surpass Grievous' augmented strength. His feats include denting a Starfighter with a strike, literally crushing Jedi into a pulp under his feet, creating craters and shockwaves from his landings, throwing Durge like a missile across a gallery, shattering clone helmets, cleaving through Mandalorian durasteel/plast armor, walked through a massive gust of wind that sent dozens of droids flying away ect.

As for durability he's above all of them. He's made from the same material that is used to armor Starfighters and in prison cells, can survive volleys from Starfighter laser cannons, can nonchalantly tank blaster bolts, can tank being punched across a room, through a bust and into a stone statue by Durge, can tank a propane tank/rocket launcher being blown up on him point blank, ect.

And as for speed, demonstrating the ability to combat and get the edge over five Jedi simultaneously, throw 20 strikes per second and overwhelm Kenobi's defences, ect, should make him marginally faster than those you listed.

I wasn't questioning it's importance - but what's the use in discussing a character speedblitzing another when you can have a legitimate debate over things like strength, durability, skill ect? Get over it.

Q99
This Jedi could, without a doubt.

ILS
Heh, he probably would lol.

Emperordmb
This goes without saying, but the Ones of Mortis have this in the bag as well.

Marco1907
Mace, Maul, Savage, Sidious, Yoda, Vader, Bruu Jun-Fan.

Nephthys
If people replicate Obi-Wan ripping his chest apart they might be able to just rip his heart out and kill him.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ILS
Force enhanced strength which isn't enough to surpass Grievous' augmented strength.
You really think Grevious's "augmented strength" is more powerful than Force augmentation?

Marco1907
Originally posted by Nephthys
If people replicate Obi-Wan ripping his chest apart they might be able to just rip his heart out and kill him.

thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Malgus have a good shot.

In-fact, I won't be surprised if the list is long.

ILS
I can't wait to make my Grievous respect thread. People really are ignorant of his abilities.

Jmanghan
Mace stomps. .o.

Marco1907
I forgot Plagueis.... :/

People really are overrating of his abilities.

thumb up

Revanchiste
Grievous is really fast and strong..
Mace use force speed and force strengh augmentations....
Durge get totaly ****ep up by grievous...

..... I don't really see...
Rewatch him hitting the no soul in the fight against obiwan kenobi this ship is made with emperium and his punch let a big massiv impact on the ship...
Or when he escape the invisible hand.. Loof his toes just his toes ripping the hull of the monster of durasteel !!!

.... There is only malgus... But he also use force strengh augmentation relook the decisiv trailer when he kick the Jedi at ??:?? of the video.. He is expulsed at 8 m metrs his foes with a "little" kick ! That's non human = using the force !!!

Mandalore the utimate also.. Because he his a monster of strengh speed and resistance as grievous.
Vader peharps...

Revanchiste
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Mace, Vader, Bane, Malgus, Maul, Savage, etc.

Also taking out what makes a character powerful is not making anything fair.

Mace no.. He he using the force in his punch... Bane malgus peharps...
Savage for sure.. But what about mandalore the ultimate?

FreshestSlice
Who cares if he's using the Force when using hand-to-hand? So is the rest of them. And Mandalore the Ultimate would probably die going up against Grievous. Seriously overestimating him.

Q99
Maybe Pong Krell? He's big, strong, and has enough arms for the job.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.