Exar Kun vs Obi-wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sinious
Sabers only.

Who wins?

Trocity
Kenobi holds his own but Kun should win in the end.

Sinious
Agreed.

The Merchant
Kun.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Trocity
Kenobi holds his own but Kun should win in the end.

GenomeFrozener
Exar of course.

Marco1907
Kenobi wins in sabers.

Nalaniel
Kun.

Based
Originally posted by Marco1907
Kenobi wins in sabers.

Nope. Kun is an all time great at sabers.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Based
Kun is an all time great at sabers.

And Kenobi is not ?

DARTH POWER
Kenobi's average showings are probably on par with Kit Fisto/Other Council members.

But his best performances put him on par with TCW Darth Maul. And then he can match even stronger opponents than Maul by simply giving more ground in his defending. Hence him matching Sith Anakin.

So yes at his best he can match Kun if not outright beat him.

Tzeentch
Exar's top feat is not-killing-but-also not-being-killed by Ulic, who in turn did-not-kill-but-was-also-not-killed by Sylvar.

As the latter feat is one of the greatest feats of dueling in the entire mythos, second only to Pre Viszla doing the exact same thing to Obi-Wan and Jango fist-fighting multiple lightsaber-wielding Knights to death, what we can glean from this is that Ulic and Exar are tied for the title of third greatest duelist in the mythos (right under 2nd place Pre Viszla and 1st place Jango).

Thus, Obi-Wan doesn't have a chance.

Marco1907
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

But his best performances put him on par with TCW Darth Maul.

thumb up And Count Dooku.
Obi-Wan managed to defeat Anakin where Dooku fails.

Both Mace Windu and Dooku described Obi-Wan as ''true master of Soresu style'' in RotS, which puts him in a same skill tier with Anakin, Dooku, Windu (without amp) etc.

Tzeentch
I don't see how any of that compares to not-killing-but-also-not-being-killed-by Ulic in a duel.

Trocity
Originally posted by Marco1907
thumb up And Count Dooku.

Nah

Marco1907
Why some posters here always consider Anakin vs. Dooku duel but not Obi-Wan vs. Anakin duel, some people here pretend like RotS ends up with Anakin vs. Dooku then Mustafar is never happened.

Not to mention Mace Windu said that Obi-Wan had a better chance to defeat Grievous than Anakin had. Well he didn't say directly but, he implied.

Then Obi-Wan says, Windu and Yoda are superior to himself,

"you, with the power of Vaapad-or Yoda's mastery of Ataro-"

but not Anakin.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Trocity
Nah

Always troll you have been. I am taking you to my ignore list.

Trocity
Unintentional trolling. I must be far better than I realized... the difference between Maul and Sidious, most likely.

Tzeentch
Obi-Wan doesn't get a lot of credit for his performance against Obi-Wan because A) he was steadily losing, getting more tired and sloppy as the fight went on while Anakin was getting more deadly. B) It's noted that Obi-Wan knew Anakin's techniques and tricks like the back of his hand, which gave him an edge. and C) Mustafar Anakin was a step above being insane. He wasn't focused at all, and Obi-Wan was exploiting that by trolling him into making mistakes.

I think him surviving the fight was still a hell of a feat (and specifically, him stalemating Anakin "I shatter buildings just by screaming when I get mad" Skywalker in a force-duel alone proves that he's no slouch with the force, but I can see why the duel isn't notable as a metric for Obi-Wan's dueling ability.

If he had been fighting a stranger with Anakin's skill level, he would have probably died.

Trocity
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Obi-Wan doesn't get a lot of credit for his performance against Obi-Wan

wink

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Tzeentch

If he had been fighting a stranger with Anakin's skill level, he would have probably died.

Agree with this. It would have been a very different fight if they were strangers. Which is why the ROTS Novel and Nick Gillard both make special mention of how well these 2 know each others moves. A fact that's more likely to advantage the former Master over the former Pupil.

Also I think people tend to forget Kenobi fights best defending himself alone. That's why he's not much help to Skywalker when they Attack on Dooku together.

So Honestly IMHO it could have been Kenobi and Ventress vs Sith Anakin, and I'm not sure it would turn out that differently, except Ventress would be dead.

Marco1907
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Also I think people tend to forget Kenobi fights best defending himself alone. That's why he's not much help to Skywalker when they Attack on Dooku together.

So Honestly IMHO it could have been Kenobi and Ventress vs Sith Anakin, and I'm not sure it would turn out that differently, except Ventress would be dead.

Agreed.

Emperordmb
I was under the impression that more people would say Kenobi.

Sinious
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I was under the impression that more people would say Kenobi.

Nah, Kun tops his tier bro.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Sinious

In sabers too?

Also, I hope you're having fun out there Sinious. big grin

Sinious
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
In sabers too?

I think there are some who would stalemate him in his tier but yeah my bad, I meant that in overall power.

I just woke up way too early for no reason. I still have a few hours left before I leave. big grin

Fated Xtasy
I think there are some who would stalemate him in his tier but yeah my bad, I meant that in overall power.

Oh, i was confused for a moment lol

Alright, hopefully you have a safe trip buddy <3

Sinious
Thanks buddy. happy

Emperordmb
I wasn't saying that Kenobi being a better duelist than Kun was my opinion per se, just that I expected more people to say Kenobi.

DarthAnt66
*goes to creep up on Sinious*
*sees Fated is near-by, watching*
*slowly leaves topic giving glare at Sinious*

Sinious
I wasn't saying that Kenobi being a better duelist than Kun was my opinion per se, just that I expected more people to say Kenobi.

Yeah true. Kun wasn't in the movies after all.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
*goes to creep up on Sinious*
*sees Fated is near-by, watching*
*slowly leaves topic giving glare at Sinious*

"You are a blind insect contemplating the void of space."

DarthAnt66
"You are a blind insect contemplating the void of space."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8l2bzyyKqg&t=0m2s

Sinious
What's wrong with that kid's face? wacko

ILS
I was under the impression that more people would say Kenobi. I'm saying it in my head, but I know if I post it I'll have my arse torn wide open by forty raging Exar Kun fanboys bellowing about how he created the Saberstaff.

carthage
Id say they're around the same tier, personally. I'm not sure who'd win in a pure saber duel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.