Is God the epitome of both good and evil?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Greatest I am
Is God the epitome of both good and evil?

God claims to be the epitome of all attributes and commands that we place no one above him for any of them.

We are not to see or name anyone as more moral, more loving, more just, more compassionate or more of any other attributes we can name. Fewer scriptures talk of his great jealousy, greed or wrath but they and other evil attributes are all there.

Believers will know that since in the beginning there was only God, then all that is must have emanated from God as the only possible source of anything and everything.

All good, all evil and all in between must then have been born from the essence of God.

If all good and evil come from God and he loves himself as well as his neighbors, not that he could have any, then God must love both his good side and his evil side.

Is that why God does not rid this world of evil? Because God loves evil?

Does God also gain pleasure from evil as this quote indicates?

Revelation 4:11 (KJV)
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Regards
DL

Bentley
So I'm guessing you have a scripture that says god is the lowest of the lowest and there is nobody more evil than he is?

Because otherwise your hypothesis is based in no evidence or whatsoever.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bentley
So I'm guessing you have a scripture that says god is the lowest of the lowest and there is nobody more evil than he is?

As if the bible was evidence of anything.

Bentley

Shakyamunison

Bentley
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The only thing the bible is proof of is that it is a book.

Come on Shaky, it clearly proves that you can translate lot's of stuff too, and that lot's of traditions are built into abrahamic religions. It could also serve as an example of early war propaganda earning it's cultural place.

Admit you were wrong in your statement evil face

Shakyamunison
Come on Shaky, it clearly proves that you can translate lot's of stuff too, and that lot's of traditions are built into abrahamic religions. It could also serve as an example of early war propaganda earning it's cultural place.

Admit you were wrong in your statement evil face

All of what you just said is part of the book. Some people believe that the bible is the WORD OF GOD!!!!. And for proof they use the bible. laughing out loud The bible is not proof that it is the WORD OF GOD!!!!

If we both agree that the bible is just a book, then we can talk about the stories within. Some of the bible is proof of things that happened in the past, in the same way that Gone With the Wind is proof that a Civil War took place in the 1860's. Although that proof could be very difficult to verify.

Bentley
Again, I don't think we actually disagree in the subject, what is probably more specific to the question is that the Bible is not even enough to be used as proof of what Christianity "should be" since there are may ways to read it.

That's an expectation that is less far fetched than being the World of god but it's still something people might want to find in the text -and are likely to fail by trying-.

dyajeep
no one should be embarrassed in quoting or citing Bible verses... problem is, by using the premise that the Bible is just a book, it already makes the Bible null and void in the argument and that what this great pretender wants everyone to feel...

your unrivaled hate on the Bible and Christianity is clear...

so why God does not rid this world of evil?

"Because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead."
Acts 17:31

God appointed a day for it, so don't rush things... it will come someday... and when that time comes, i hope the pretender remembers me...

Greatest I am

I do not but wait to see who will put a name above God's for evil.

The only evidence, a poor word, is what the bible says.

Which character in the bible do you see as the most evil?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Greatest I am

dyajeep
Originally posted by Greatest I am
Can a judge who sets and accepts bribes, or sacrifices to alter his judgements a righteous judge?

that's based on your presumption... but the Bible states that God doesn't take bribes (Deuteronomy 10:17)...

The bible was instrumental in helping me push my apotheosis. I just read it the right way while you do not.

In fact, I have Jesus' quotes that I use quite often. Just not the one you use as your church will never teach you the truth.

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. Becoming a God is to become more fully human.

your truth is not THE truth... and based on these posts, it's your judgment that is poor... one moment, you're preaching that God is evil, now you're saying becoming God is to become fully human? i think you're confused... please compose yourself...

Shakyamunison
...Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you....

I like this one.

Greatest I am
Originally posted by dyajeep
that's based on your presumption... but the Bible states that God doesn't take bribes (Deuteronomy 10:17)...

your truth is not THE truth... and based on these posts, it's your judgment that is poor... one moment, you're preaching that God is evil, now you're saying becoming God is to become fully human? i think you're confused... please compose yourself...

I do not seek a guy in the sky like fools do.

As Jesus said. Have you forgotten that you are a God?

Regards
DL

dyajeep
I do not seek a guy in the sky like fools do.

Regards
DL

Jesus would never say that... don't drag Him with your stupid reasoning... this is what Jesus said in the Bible:

"Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, you are gods?
If he called them gods to whom the word of God came (and scripture cannot be broken),"
John 10:34-35

Jesus said that "you" are gods... the "you" there are those people whom the word of God came... Jesus quoted this in the book of Psalms:

"I said, You are gods, And all of you are children of the Most High."
Psalms 82:6

the "gods" there are the children of God, people whom the word of God came...

and Jesus Himself pointed where God the Father is:

"Pray then like this: Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name."
Matthew 6:9

"When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven and said, Father, the hour has come; glorify thy Son that the Son may glorify thee,"
John 17:1

God the Father is in heaven...

Star428
LOL. God has no evil in Him at all. He is only good. Once again, the OP posts lies about the almighty.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Star428
LOL. God has no evil in Him at all. He is only good. Once again, the OP posts lies about the almighty.

Truth, I actually think the OP is Lucifer. I have never seen such deception in all my life.

GIA: COME AND GET ME BOY!

Time Immemorial

Regards
DL

He never said that, and you are a liar and deceiver and a coward. No one here believes a word you say.

Star428
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Truth, I actually think the OP is Lucifer. I have never seen such deception in all my life.

I seriously doubt he's the devil himself because I doubt Satan would lower himself to posting on a message board where mostly geeks congregate. Plus, his time on this earth is nearing an end (and he knows it) so he is probably busy doing better things with what little time he has left before he (and the rest of the fallen angels/demons)is locked in the bottomless pit for a thousand years and completely removed from God's presence. Though I do think that the OP may be a willing agent of Satan considering all the deceitful stuff he posts on an almost daily basis.

Time Immemorial
I seriously doubt he's the devil himself because I doubt Satan would lower himself to posting on a message board where mostly geeks congregate. Plus, his time on this earth is nearing an end (and he knows it) so he is probably busy doing better things with what little time he has left before he (and the rest of the fallen angels/demons)is locked in the bottomless pit for a thousand years and completely removed from God's presence. Though I do think that the OP may be a willing agent of Satan considering all the deceitful stuff he posts on an almost daily basis.

He is def a an agent of Satan and Satan lives in him. The deceit that comes from his mouth is utterly inconceivable to think and act the way he does. He flat out lies about what the Bible says.

dyajeep

thumb up

"For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures for ever, and his faithfulness to all generations."
Psalms 100:5

"Certainly, God will never do anything evil, and the Almighty will never pervert justice."
Job 34:12

Greatest I am
Jesus would never say that... don't drag Him with your stupid reasoning... this is what Jesus said in the Bible:

"Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, you are gods?
If he called them gods to whom the word of God came (and scripture cannot be broken),"
John 10:34-35

Jesus said that "you" are gods... the "you" there are those people whom the word of God came... Jesus quoted this in the book of Psalms:

"I said, You are gods, And all of you are children of the Most High."
Psalms 82:6

the "gods" there are the children of God, people whom the word of God came...

and Jesus Himself pointed where God the Father is:

"Pray then like this: Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name."
Matthew 6:9

"When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven and said, Father, the hour has come; glorify thy Son that the Son may glorify thee,"
John 17:1

God the Father is in heaven...

Self glorification all the way.

What an egotistical prick. That is why I asked why he does not defend his garbage name.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Less complaint and more thought please.

Was God not all there was in the beginning?
Yes he was.

So where did evil come from if not your God?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

What deception?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

dyajeep

God
Evil is the absence of good.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by God

Then how could Eva Braun have loved Hitler? Evil and good can and do exist together.

Bentley
Then how could Eva Braun have loved Hitler? Evil and good can and do exist together.

You chose a weird example. Is not as if Hitler was literaly always evil, he was a vegetarian and wanted to keep people from smoking.

Shakyamunison
You chose a weird example. Is not as if Hitler was literaly always evil, he was a vegetarian and wanted to keep people from smoking.

He was both good and evil. If evil is the absence of good then there would be no good in Hitler, when compared to the evil that he manifested onto the world.

God
Did not she was forced to marry?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by God
Did not she was forced to marry?

Please provide proof.

Stoic
In the beginning was the Word,and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, but we knew him not.

John 1 King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

The idea that the Bible states "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" could have one or two meanings. We know that the Word was Jesus the Christ that was to become flesh and live among people. But then the Bible clearly states that the Word was with God, and the Word was God (Not a God, but God itself). So we are left with the knowledge that Jesus/The Word was one with God, that Jesus the Christ was God. Or the Word/Jesus the Christ and God were two separate entities. I know what I believe.

Now there is something interesting in the next verses.

Genesis 1:26
Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

The Bible never gives a solid statement on just who or how many were actually in his kingdom at the very beginning. It clearly states "LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE"

Stoic

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Stoic
...We know that the Word was Jesus the Christ...

This is what you believe. There is no proof that the people who wrote Genesis where talking about Jesus.

Star428
There are 3 members (and 3 only) that make-up the godhead. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. God is actually the 3 of them combined. There is only one god. By themselves, none of them are God. When the bible states "Let us make man in our image" the "us" and "our" are referring to the 3 members of the godhead which make-up the one true god.

Stoic
There are 3 members (and 3 only) that make-up the godhead. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. God is actually the 3 of them combined. There is only one god. By themselves, none of them are God. When the bible states "Let us make man in our image" the "us" and "our" are referring to the 3 members of the godhead which make-up the one true god.

What did Jesus say to Philip about the Father? The Bible says that the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Not that the Word was a God that was with God. Jesus said that I will pray to the Father, and he will send a comforter in my name. The Comforter was the Holy Spirit. What was the Comforter's name? In whose name was the Comforter sent? There is certainly a relationship between the Father, and the Son (Flesh of God). But, what happens when the Son took authority and rebuked evil spirits by casting them out? What happened when the Son told the Pharisees that if they should destroy his temple that he would raise it up in 3 days? Then later it goes on to say that God raised Jesus in 3 days. Who was the Son when he took authority, and was not in prayer? The Son was one with the Father according to scripture. Again what was the Comforter's name?

Imagine this. You are walking along a stretch of highway with your wife. you both know that you have to walk another 300 miles to arrive at your destination. Your wife begins to fuss, and then you speak to her. You tell her that I am going to ask my Father to give me his truck... you turn your head and blink a few times, and then you look back at your wife, and say, guess what? My Father will give us his truck. What the heck am I getting at?

Pay attention. Jesus said; I will pray to the Father, and he will send a Comforter (Holy Spirit) in my name. Pay close attention to the conversation between the man, and his wife concerning the truck of his father. The first thing that you need to ask yourself is this. When did the man speak to his father, and how was he so sure that his father was going to give him his truck?

John 14:16
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

dyajeep
This is what you believe. There is no proof that the people who wrote Genesis where talking about Jesus.

well for starters, the Hebrew word 'elohiym (H430) is plural... and 'elohiym was the word used in Genesis 1:26... 'elohiym is the plural form of 'elowahh (H433)... the author of Genesis is Moses, and Biblically, he and Jesus have already met...

Greatest I am
you don't understand what you're talking about:

and now, you're saying:

if you believe that the "I am" is you as an individual, then you're the one who's an egotistical prick, pal...

"For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the terrible God, who is not partial and takes no bribe."
Deuteronomy 10:17

your hated on the God of the Bible is getting pretty annoying... you're accusing Him of something He is not... your only basis is your twisted interpretation of the Bible...

And I see that you hypocritically wish to divert to my dislike of the poor judge you follow to debate on his setting and accepting a bribe to corrupt his judgement.

You are a pathetic apologist who runs from moral debates while recognizing the poor morals you have embraced.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by God

Then God is evil every time he kill any human. Right?

Or do you see good in God killing all the innocent children and babies in scriptures?

Regards
DL

Time Immemorial
Then God is evil every time he kill any human. Right?

Or do you see good in God killing all the innocent children and babies in scriptures?

Regards
DL

Are you evil when you step on ant or say you built a wooden desk and later you decided you didn't like it and destroyed it. Does that make you evil?

Greatest I am
In the beginning was the Word,and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, but we knew him not.
B]

So if in the beginning all there was was God, then all evil must have come from him. Right?

Seems that the Jews thought so.

Amos 3:6 (KJV)
Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
...We know that the Word was Jesus the Christ...

Please explain how Jesus could be alive before his mother was.

Regards
DL

Time Immemorial
God is above simple human weak understanding.

And you dodged my question above.

Greatest I am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VsN3IG1HtQ

Your gibberish aside.

How could Jesus live before his mother was even born?

Regards
DL

Time Immemorial
Are you evil when you step on ant or say you built a wooden desk and later you decided you didn't like it and destroyed it. Does that make you evil?

Stil waiting

Greatest I am
well for starters, the Hebrew word 'elohiym (H430) is plural... and 'elohiym was the word used in Genesis 1:26... 'elohiym is the plural form of 'elowahh (H433)... the author of Genesis is Moses, and Biblically, he and Jesus have already met...

To the Jews, God was androgynous, so made we them, male and female and called them Adam suits their androgynous beliefs. Many of the older Eastern God and the Christian God were thought to be androgynous.

That is why Paul and Jesus say things like making women into men. That just means bring out the male nature that all women have or the female nature that all men have.

I have links if you do not agree.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Are you a desk and why do you deflect instead of answering the question.

Because you know that you cannot do so and have God be moral and only good.

Keep up the good work for my side of the argument as you run and hide.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
God is above simple human weak understanding.

And you dodged my question above.

If you cannot understand God, then how can you, in good conscience, say all that you say of him knowing that you are lying as you cannot fathom his mysterious ways?

Regards
DL

Time Immemorial
God works in mysterious and wonderous ways.

Time Immemorial
Are you a desk and why do you deflect instead of answering the question.

Because you know that you cannot do so and have God be moral and only good.

Keep up the good work for my side of the argument as you run and hide.

Regards
DL

You didnt ask me a question, simpleton.

Shakyamunison

How do you know?

Time Immemorial
How do you know?

I know you don't belive and there is nothing I could say that will make you believe so what would be the point in answering that?

Shakyamunison
I know you don't belive and there is nothing I could say that will make you believe so what would be the point in answering that?

To prove that you don't really know.

Bentley
He was both good and evil. If evil is the absence of good then there would be no good in Hitler, when compared to the evil that he manifested onto the world.

I did not see this answer earlier. Evil could be a punctual absence of good, not an average between a given time.

Time Immemorial
To prove that you don't really know.

That would not prove anything because faith is a gift from God, some people have the gift others do not. You cannot prove something exists to someone that exists in the supernatural.

Shakyamunison
I did not see this answer earlier. Evil could be a punctual absence of good, not an average between a given time.

I don't think so.

Shakyamunison
That would not prove anything because faith is a gift from God, some people have the gift others do not. You cannot prove something exists to someone that exists in the supernatural.

How can you know something that cannot be known? Because once you know it, it is now knowable, and no longer unknowable.

Time Immemorial
How can you know something that cannot be known? Because once you know it, it is now knowable, and no longer unknowable.

I cannot explain faith. Just like I could not explain what the sky looks like to a blind person.

Star428
LOL@GIA's pathetic attempts to confuse believers. Jesus existed long before His mother Mary did when He was known only as "The Word" not Jesus but He was still the same being regardless of what He was called. Mary was the mother of His flesh and blood self or in other words she was His mother only at the time He was human which was a very small portion of His existence.

Try harder, GIA. I guess your master (Satan) must be disappointed in you if that's the best you can do.

Shakyamunison
I cannot explain faith. Just like I could not explain what the sky looks like to a blind person.

It's very simply, and nothing mystic about it.

Shakyamunison
LOL@GIA's pathetic attempts to confuse believers. Jesus existed long before His mother Mary did when He was known only as "The Word" not Jesus but He was still the same being regardless of what He was called. Mary was the mother of His flesh and blood self or in other words she was His mother only at the time He was human which was a very small portion of His existence.

Try harder, GIA. I guess your master (Satan) must be disappointed in you if that's the best you can do.

Satan doesn't exist, and turning the "Word" into Jesus is just silly.

Time Immemorial
Satan doesn't exist, and turning the "Word" into Jesus is just silly.

That's what it states in the Bible

http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Bible-Word-God.html

Shakyamunison
That's what it states in the Bible...

A book written by humans.

Star428
Correction: A book written by humans who were inspired by God Himself. There. Fixed it for ya. No thanks are necessary. smile

Shakyamunison
Correction: A book written by humans who were inspired by God Himself. There. Fixed it for ya. No thanks are necessary. smile

The Koran is also written by humans who were inspired by God Himself. Why should I believe ether one? It is easy to say "this book was inspired by God", but that doesn't make it true.

Time Immemorial
People blame God for their problems when they should blame themselves. Every problem in my life I have ever had has been self induced.

Satan tricks you into thinking it's Gods fault.

Where people are decieved is they would rather believe Satans lies because they sound better then the truth which is people make their own problems.

Shakyamunison
People blame God for their problems when they should blame themselves. Every problem in my life I have ever had has been self induced.

Satan tricks you into thinking it's Gods fault.

Where people are decieved is they would rather believe Satans lies because they sound better then the truth which is people make their own problems.

I don't think that is satan's fault. That wanting to blame god is your fault. People deceive themselves. A satan is not needed.

Time Immemorial
When did I say I blame God?

Shakyamunison
When did I say I blame God?

Not you personally. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bentley
I don't think so.

That's so moral absolutist from you. Again, I was talking about evil as a noun, not as an adjective. Doing lots of evil stuff makes you evil. The latter evil in that phrase is measured by the action and not averaged out with other elements.

Bentley
The Koran is also written by humans who were inspired by God Himself. Why should I believe ether one? It is easy to say "this book was inspired by God", but that doesn't make it true.

But the Koran is -assumedly- more than written by humans, it's an aspect of the divinity. If they were both legit the Bible would be ridiculously outclassed by the Koran in rank according to their respective religions.

Shakyamunison
That's so moral absolutist from you...

The fact that I realize that good and evil are not mutually exclusive is morally absolute? I don't think so.

Shakyamunison
But the Koran is -assumedly- more than written by humans, it's an aspect of the divinity. If they were both legit the Bible would be ridiculously outclassed by the Koran in rank according to their respective religions.

My point was that just because a book makes an unprovable claim, does not mean that claim is true. If something is unprovable, we should start with disbelief, until proof is presented.

Bentley
The fact that I realize that good and evil are not mutually exclusive is morally absolute? I don't think so.

You replied to the wrong part of my statement. I meant that evil as a noun is different that as an adjective, from then I implied that you weren't claiming that Hitler was absolute evil.

Shakyamunison
You replied to the wrong part of my statement. I meant that evil as a noun is different that as an adjective, from then I implied that you weren't claiming that Hitler was absolute evil.

I actually don't believe that Hitler was evil, but everyone know what I am talking about. It is expedient means. I also use the word God, because most people don't know what the Mystic Law is.

Evil is a path; a set of choices. These choices could be good, but still lead to evil. And the opposite is also true. Each of the ten worlds has it's own path of good and evil, and because of the mutual manifestation of the ten worlds, we could be doing evil in one world while at the same time be doing good in another.

Good and evil like the faces of a coin do not describe the world we live in. It is a bad theory. The world we live in is far more complex. That is why I prefer the ten worlds.

Bentley
And the opposite is also true.

So you'd follow a pedophile, gotcha evil face

Good and evil like the faces of a coin do not describe the world we live in. It is a bad theory. The world we live in is far more complex. That is why I prefer the ten worlds.

I agree that such theory is lacking, but that's not what they are claiming. You see, if evil or good are actions, then there is not an actual opposition because no action is the opposite of another action. The idea of two faces of a coin or that they are two different forces is not implied but refuted by the premise of evil being defined by good.

dyajeep
And I see that you hypocritically wish to divert to my dislike of the poor judge you follow to debate on his setting and accepting a bribe to corrupt his judgement.

You are a pathetic apologist who runs from moral debates while recognizing the poor morals you have embraced.

Regards
DL

that's the response of a "Gnostic Christian"? only idiots will believe that adding "Christian" to your Gnosticism is not a misnomer... Christians believe in God and Jesus, not badmouthing them... your belief is close to being an anti-Christ...

To the Jews, God was androgynous, so made we them, male and female and called them Adam suits their androgynous beliefs. Many of the older Eastern God and the Christian God were thought to be androgynous.

That is why Paul and Jesus say things like making women into men. That just means bring out the male nature that all women have or the female nature that all men have.

I have links if you do not agree.

Regards
DL

first, nobody says that the God is confined by gender... heck, God created gender!

next, nobody trusts your idiotic interpretations of the Bible... you are interpreting it literally, making Paul and Jesus misogynistic, then you scrap the entire idea as crap... making a big strawman fallacy and you think nobody sees that?

also, nobody cares about your links because if that's the belief of Gnosticism, then thanks but no thanks!

one can argue that my post is "filled with hate" again, but spewing hatred is entirely different with flatly telling the truth...

Shakyamunison
So you'd follow a pedophile, gotcha evil face

Not funny!

I agree that such theory is lacking, but that's not what they are claiming. You see, if evil or good are actions, then there is not an actual opposition because no action is the opposite of another action. The idea of two faces of a coin or that they are two different forces is not implied but refuted by the premise of evil being defined by good.

But good and evil can happen simultaneously.

Shabazz916
man is both good and evil not god

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Shabazz916

But according to the bible, we were made in the image of god. If we are good and evil then god must be good and evil. wink

Shabazz916
But according to the bible, we were made in the image of god. If we are good and evil then god must be good and evil. wink image has nothing to do with actions tho

Shakyamunison
image has nothing to do with actions tho

Image = copy

Bentley

Greatest I am

Exactly. So how is it that you know his mysterious ways?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
That's what it states in the Bible

http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Bible-Word-God.html

The bible also contains information on talking donkeys. Do you believe that donkeys can speak human language?

How about the seven headed monster of Revelation. Is it real as well?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

I have no time for trolls. Get better or get lost.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Google Freud's and Jung's Father Complex and think again.

Human is the only God fit to rule humans.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
image has nothing to do with actions tho

True but if you do not see some of the actions of the genocidal son murdering God of the bible as evil, even the torture of babies, then whatever religion you follow has corrupted your morals.

Regards
DL

Time Immemorial
The bible also contains information on talking donkeys. Do you believe that donkeys can speak human language?

Regards
DL

How do your call yourself a Christian when you speak this blasphemy

Shakyamunison

He's a Gnostic Christian. Do a little research and it will make more sense.

bluewaterrider
He's a Gnostic Christian. Do a little research and it will make more sense.

Shake might be right.

Look up Gnostic Luciferianism.

bluewaterrider

confused

I'll go you one better. I believe in BIRDS that can speak human language.
In fact, I honestly believe I used to OWN such a bird ...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
confused

I'll go you one better. I believe in BIRDS that can speak human language.
In fact, I honestly believe I used to OWN such a bird ...

Birds just imitate. However, gorillas have learned sign language.

dyajeep

as usual, your post exposes your ignorance of the Bible...

"Then the Lord opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to Balaam, What have I done to you, that you have struck me these three times?"
Numbers 22:28

it's not a talking donkey, dude... it's an ordinary donkey... God just used His power to let the donkey speak human language to rebuke the madness of Balaam... so it happened at this one particular time only...

Regards
DL

shm... that's it... you're a certified Bible idiot... yawn for starters, everyone knows that the book of Revelation is not to be taken literally, entirely... you also bash literalists but that's where your arguments go... you bash Christianity because you are interpreting the Bible literally...

and to prove that it's not literal, the answer is also written on the said book:

"Here is the mind which has wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits."
Revelation 17:9

there you go... i hope you learned something and think twice before bashing Christianity again... it makes you look like a total imbecile, right?

Birds just imitate. However, gorillas have learned sign language.

pffft! your post is misleading, as always... it implies that gorillas learned human sign language by themselves... hell, no! gorillas somehow learned it because people taught them... duh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

meep-meep
Is God the epitome of both good and evil

Yes.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by meep-meep
Yes.

We agree!

Dr. Matthew
What's evil can be described as good by another.

Scribble
All I know is that the Abrahamic God is top of the list of most ruthless and cold-hearted villains in literary history

Genesis-Soldier
evil is a binary opposite.
i dont believe in evil because i dont believe in good

i believe in the nature of man

Surtur
Ignoring everything else, the God from the bible at least is most assuredly evil. You can't have that high a body count and be considered "good". One would think a true God would be above good and evil. The biblical God is not, and is quite petty actually.

To be fair I'd be a petty d-bag too if I had super powers. I'd probably still steer clear of genocide though.

Genesis-Soldier
i wouldnt

Lord Lucien
I would genocide everybody who wants to genocide.

Genesis-Soldier
mh

Surtur
Then again yeah, people circa the flood era were probably all shitty and dirty and stuff. I can see why God got rid of them. Unconditional love is for lesser men.

Plus they all probably totally worked on a Sunday one time, so of course they had to die. God tells you to rest? You friggin REST or else you get an eternal rest with Satan.

Star428
Originally posted by Surtur
Then again yeah, people circa the flood era were probably all shitty and dirty and stuff. I can see why God got rid of them. Unconditional love is for lesser men.

Plus they all probably totally worked on a Sunday one time, so of course they had to die. God tells you to rest? You friggin REST or else you get an eternal rest with Satan.

Sunday is not the Sabbath day. It never was. The seventh day is the Sabbath. Not the dawn of a new week. Regardless of whether or not that was the day that Christ rose from the dead. However, Sunday is sometimes referred to as "The day of the Lord" since that is supposedly the day he rose. But, it's still not the Sabbath though. God, during the era you're referring to, would not be offended or insulted by anyone working on Sunday because it's not the seventh day and it never was.

Not even gonna bother replying to all the idiots who think God was ever an "evil murdering bastard" since it would just be a waste of my time. Seems people still haven't learned the true definition of murder. Punishing the guilty is not murder.

Genesis-Soldier
so which is our day of rest

Star428
Depends on which day is more important to you; the day that God rested on after the creation of the universe or the day that Christ rose from the dead. If you're a strict follower of the ten commandments then obviously the seventh day should be more important to you.

Greatest I am

Apologies for being tardy. No notification somehow.

At no time do I ever call myself a Christian.

It would shame me to do so.

I am a Gnostic Christian. We are a curt above Christians. A long high cut.

Anytime you want to discuss our superior morals, I am here for you.

I like nothing better than to cut up your genocidal son murdering God.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Shake might be right.

Look up Gnostic Luciferianism.

Why when I am a Gnostic Christian?

Or are you a Christian throwing the usual garbage labels on those you do not like?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
as usual, your post exposes your ignorance of the Bible...

"Then the Lord opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to Balaam, What have I done to you, that you have struck me these three times?"
Numbers 22:28

it's not a talking donkey, dude... it's an ordinary donkey... God just used His power to let the donkey speak human language to rebuke the madness of Balaam... so it happened at this one particular time only...

shm... that's it... you're a certified Bible idiot... yawn for starters, everyone knows that the book of Revelation is not to be taken literally, entirely... you also bash literalists but that's where your arguments go... you bash Christianity because you are interpreting the Bible literally...

and to prove that it's not literal, the answer is also written on the said book:

"Here is the mind which has wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits."
Revelation 17:9

there you go... i hope you learned something and think twice before bashing Christianity again... it makes you look like a total imbecile, right?

pffft! your post is misleading, as always... it implies that gorillas learned human sign language by themselves... hell, no! gorillas somehow learned it because people taught them... duh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

"for starters, everyone knows that the book of Revelation is not to be taken literally, entirely"

How do you decide what is to be literal or not.

Flip a coin or wait till your idiocy backs you up against a wall?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by meep-meep
Yes.

I was wondering where the intelligent and honest people were.

Christians are generally not that.

Thanks for your honest reply. Refreshing.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Dr. Matthew
What's evil can be described as good by another.

Christians do that constantly to justify things like God torturing King David's baby for 6 days before finally killing it. All because of his anger with David.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Scribble
All I know is that the Abrahamic God is top of the list of most ruthless and cold-hearted villains in literary history

+ 1

Yes. He is not the epitome of good that is for sure.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
evil is a binary opposite.
i dont believe in evil because i dont believe in good

i believe in the nature of man

If murder is not evil, for one instance, what adjective would you use to describe it if not evil?

What adjective would you use to define the opposite of the adjective you used for murder?

I will bet they are just synonyms for good and evil but I hope you prove me wrong.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Ignoring everything else, the God from the bible at least is most assuredly evil. You can't have that high a body count and be considered "good". One would think a true God would be above good and evil. The biblical God is not, and is quite petty actually.

To be fair I'd be a petty d-bag too if I had super powers. I'd probably still steer clear of genocide though.

Well put.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Sunday is not the Sabbath day. It never was. The seventh day is the Sabbath. Not the dawn of a new week. Regardless of whether or not that was the day that Christ rose from the dead. However, Sunday is sometimes referred to as "The day of the Lord" since that is supposedly the day he rose. But, it's still not the Sabbath though. God, during the era you're referring to, would not be offended or insulted by anyone working on Sunday because it's not the seventh day and it never was.

Not even gonna bother replying to all the idiots who think God was ever an "evil murdering bastard" since it would just be a waste of my time. Seems people still haven't learned the true definition of murder. Punishing the guilty is not murder.

Is punishing the innocent to death murder?

Regards
DL

Shakyamunison
Is punishing the innocent to death murder?

Regards
DL

"Kill them. For the Lord knows those that are His own."
Arnaud Amaury

Genesis-Soldier
If murder is not evil, for one instance, what adjective would you use to describe it if not evil?

What adjective would you use to define the opposite of the adjective you used for murder?

I will bet they are just synonyms for good and evil but I hope you prove me wrong.

Regards
DL

murder is an act of man ( i say this but i do not hold man to be the center of all things)

murder is usally characterized along the lines of "a person or persons killed by another individual or group of individuals against the first person/persons/ "victims"/ will to live"

murder is just a cause of death enacted by another against the Victims/ prey's will to live. humans killing humans call it murder. in the animal kingdom we call it predatory chain/hierarchy. you could debate that we are better then animals but honestly i don't see us as better, just diffrent in self modelled and developed aspects of life and evolution

Greatest I am
"Kill them. For the Lord knows those that are His own."
Arnaud Amaury

A worthy God would protect his own and not let harm come their way.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
murder is an act of man ( i say this but i do not hold man to be the center of all things)

murder is usally characterized along the lines of "a person or persons killed by another individual or group of individuals against the first person/persons/ "victims"/ will to live"

murder is just a cause of death enacted by another against the Victims/ prey's will to live. humans killing humans call it murder. in the animal kingdom we call it predatory chain/hierarchy. you could debate that we are better then animals but honestly i don't see us as better, just diffrent in self modelled and developed aspects of life and evolution

That does not tell us what adjectives you would use to differentiate from something desirable/good and something not desirable/evil.

As I said above, I am not surprised you could not describe your position or come up with an adjective.

That is often the case when someone is trying to develop a new tern when discarding common language.

I think it just shows a lack of ability to communicate properly.

Regards
DL

Genesis-Soldier

Regards
DL

the form of god is seen as divine, what do you judge to be worthy?

why does a devine being need to "protect" or be bound to human/ natural "laws"/morals

Shakyamunison

why does a devine being need to "protect" or be bound to human/ natural "laws"/morals

That is one of the main problems with Christian mythology.

Astner
This has to be the worst case of criticism and defense of the Bible I've ever seen.

That is one of the main problems with Christian mythology.
You might want to check up the differences between Christianity and Christian mythology on Google before continuing making a fool out of yourself.

According to what morals? Certainly not absolute morality which is advocated by the Bible. The Bible is very clear on that everyone is a sinner and deserves to die for it.

It's not moral for a judge to let a murderer go free just because it would be convenient for the murderer.

Shakyamunison

Greatest I am

You will have to rephrase your first for me. I am not sure of what you mean.

As to your last, if God sees it as his duty to punish like a parent does to a child, then as a parent, it is also his duty to protect.

A parent that only punishes and does not protest is not a worthy parent or Gods.

He has bound us to his laws and morals by promising to send the vast majority od us to hell for not following them as he sees fit.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Genesis-Soldier
to Greatest AM I

my first was in relation to ignoring what you wanted good and evil to defined as in an adjective form. they are simple worded opposites. up has down, left has right and in this case "good" has "evil"

i simply do not believe there is "good" nor "evil". just actions with what we judge to be Beneficial outcomes or Damaging (damaging in anysense)

Shakyamunison
to Greatest AM I

my first was in relation to ignoring what you wanted good and evil to defined as in an adjective form. they are simple worded opposites. up has down, left has right and in this case "good" has "evil"

i simply do not believe there is "good" nor "evil". just actions with what we judge to be Beneficial outcomes or Damaging (damaging in anysense)

We are basically in agreement. Good and evil are not adequate to describe the human condition. That is way I prefer the Ten Worlds. It is far superior to the old good and evil fairytale.

Genesis-Soldier
i do agree with you Shak

the Ten Worlds ?

Greatest I am
to Greatest AM I

I understand your position and just see it as semantics.

Most define actions with what we judge to be Beneficial outcomes or Damaging as good and evil

Using more words does not change the meaning that the vast majority give to good or evil.

You ere trying to re-write the dictionary and just looking silly.

Regards
DL

Genesis-Soldier
no i am not i am simply saying i dont believe adjective are to be used for good and evil because i dont Believe in good and evil

Greatest I am
no i am not i am simply saying i dont believe adjective are to be used for good and evil because i dont Believe in good and evil

Then you are a fool who does not know how to use language.

Regards
DL

Genesis-Soldier
Meh

Shakyamunison
I understand your position and just see it as semantics.

Most define actions with what we judge to be Beneficial outcomes or Damaging as good and evil

Using more words does not change the meaning that the vast majority give to good or evil.

You ere trying to re-write the dictionary and just looking silly.

Regards
DL

I find this to be hypocritical. You redefine the Christian God on most of your posts, and now you chastise someone for redefining good and evil.

Greatest I am
I find this to be hypocritical. You redefine the Christian God on most of your posts, and now you chastise someone for redefining good and evil.

I do not redefine the Christian God as so much criticize his ways.

I have said that God should be defined as rules and laws though if that is what you are talking about.

I do not see redefining adjectives that are well accepted as being quite the same thing. Especially when just redefine with synonyms.

To me that is just useless semantics.

Regards
DL

Shakyamunison
I do not redefine the Christian God as so much criticize his ways.

I have said that God should be defined as rules and laws though if that is what you are talking about.

I do not see redefining adjectives that are well accepted as being quite the same thing. Especially when just redefine with synonyms.

To me that is just useless semantics.

Regards
DL

I don't really mind if you define (redefine) god as described in the bible, but most people don't really read the bible. So, from their point of view, you are redefining their god (even if their god is not the god in the OT). Genesis-Soldier, has redefined good and evil in the same you, and so have I. Good and evil is an old tool that doesn't work, and it never has.

Greatest I am
I don't really mind if you define (redefine) god as described in the bible, but most people don't really read the bible. So, from their point of view, you are redefining their god (even if their god is not the god in the OT). Genesis-Soldier, has redefined good and evil in the same you, and so have I. Good and evil is an old tool that doesn't work, and it never has.

It has for me.

It is a good and fast way to define what I like.

What is easier to comprehend for you if I were to use my word or the phrase our friend used to describe good?

---------------

Eating this steak is good is what I would say if asked if I liked eating it if not just answering, yes.

Compare to what our friend would say.

Eating this steak is an action that we judge to have a beneficial outcome.

Who sounds more human and who sound like Data from Star Trek?

This is my last word on this idiocy. I am not here to analyse language or rewrite Webster.

Regards
DL

Surtur

Okie dokie, so maybe some of them worked a 7day week one time and bam, Wrath of God.

No see murdering everyone on the planet except one guy and animals goes a step beyond mere punishment. This thing came one death away from total genocide. You realize that, right?

Just face it, the best case scenario is that God is an arrogant douchebag. In other words, God is that one jock from high school that was an utter d-bag to everyone but was still popular for some reason.

Keep in mind this is the same batshit insane religion that says you are GUILTY of..something, just by the mere fact you exist.

Greatest I am

I am not surprised by your inability to justify your God's actions.

Have a preview of my up and coming O.P. and slink even further away from being able to justify your God.

----------------------------

Christian, are you selling your soul to Satan to get to heaven.

I think Christians are going to be surprised when Satan greats them at the pearly gates.

I find it strange that in a world where the law of every land tries to punish the guilty instead of the innocent, Christians are ready to immorally try to profit from the punishment of an innocent Jesus, by thinking that their (good) God would ask his son to be a human sacrifice. Clearly an immoral and satanic practice.

I could perhaps justify that sacrifice if the Father had stepped up to hos own demand but the coward send his only son instead.

As a Christian, would you be a coward as well and send your only son instead of you stepping up?

Who do you think is more likely to ask for a human sacrifice and think it a moral thing to do, Satan or God?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI

Who is more likely to torture and kill babies, Satan or God?

Regards
DL

Shakyamunison

Surtur
Shak- the problem is those ancient religions you talk about aren't shoved down our throats in this country. Christianity is what is shoved down our throats. So of course other religions have gods that are evil.

Even worse, look at what it turns people into. You legitimately have people defending the actions of a being that came one person shy of total genocide. That is highly disturbing.

Shakyamunison
Shak- the problem is those ancient religions you talk about aren't shoved down our throats in this country. Christianity is what is shoved down our throats. So of course other religions have gods that are evil.

Even worse, look at what it turns people into. You legitimately have people defending the actions of a being that came one person shy of total genocide. That is highly disturbing.

As a Buddhist in a Christian country (USA) I know what you mean.

Greatest I am

Greatest I am

Might makes right. Lies and ungrounded fear is what keeps religions alive.

Religions and priests and imams have learned how to lie like experts do.

Regards
DL

Shakyamunison
Might makes right. Lies and ungrounded fear is what keeps religions alive.

Religions and priests and imams have learned how to lie like experts do.

Regards
DL

Not all religions, my friend.

Greatest I am

dyajeep
"for starters, everyone knows that the book of Revelation is not to be taken literally, entirely"

How do you decide what is to be literal or not.

Flip a coin or wait till your idiocy backs you up against a wall?

Regards
DL

how do *I* decide? nope, it's just common sense... what? you already conceded on your "talking donkey" argument? go defend it, dude... lol...

fcnsc
lol nice

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>