If you had one super hero or villain to protect you from the rest who would it be.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spawningpool
You can choose from any universe and please give a reason why you would want this character to protect you but remember whoever you choose has to defend you from everybody

Gadabout
Is there a tier limit? if not...LT-lol
But of the High Herald and lower tiers than I'd choose

Silver Surfer...I'd imagine he could/wouild even give me some enhanced ability to help.

Time Immemorial
Captain Atom

riv6672
Doom.

Why?
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/51267/3322814-4716806782-28715.jpg
Thats why.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by riv6672
Doom.

Why?
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/51267/3322814-4716806782-28715.jpg
Thats why.

He would just kill your worthless self.

Spawningpool
There is no limit

pym-ftw
Adam Warlock.

I can reside in the SG

riv6672
Originally posted by Spawningpool
There is no limit
Still have to say Doom. Abstracts dont bother him much.

Caps Conscience
Dr Strange

One_Angry_Scot
I would go with Sentry, but for more reasons than what you would think. One being quite personal.

My first reason would be for much like Sentry I too have Agoraphobia and Generalised Anxiety Disorder. And around family I can't really talk tot hem about things in the same way. Whereas if I had that option to pluck Robert out of thin air we could talk about all of our experiences. When we are feeling down we can console eachother etc.

Another reason could be the fact that we obviously all know Sentry's power. He has held off many great threats in the past and would be able to defend me if possible. I think with us being together it would also calm him which would make him more at ease with using his power as well.

Then if you wanted to base it off Death Seed Sentry then I am a human so he would do his utmost to protect me. And I still think he would be ready to talk with regards to any situation.

Time Immemorial
Sentry could not heal you or take away your problems though, wouldn't people want someone that could do uber things like Captain Atom, Silver Surfer or DM.

Spawningpool
I would go with spawn for many reasons.
1. Before he had powers he was a badass black ops agent
2. He defeated god and satan which you got to admit is a great achievement
3 his powers include Superhuman strength, speed, agility, and endurance
Flight
Immortality
Healing factor
Highly skilled tactician, martial artist, swordsman, marksman, athlete, and acrobat
Teleportation
Shapeshifting
Necroplasmic energy blasts
Resurrection
Empathy
Multiple demonic & elemental powers
Plus I could just chill in heaven

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Sentry could not heal you or take away your problems though, wouldn't people want someone that could do uber things like Captain Atom, Silver Surfer or DM.

He could easily take a lot of my problems away, whether it be via his aura. Or the fact that he shares his experiences. Like how he copes when he is among a large crowd of people . How he copes with embarrassing situations. He could definitely take problems away.

He has also performed a resurrection when under extreme duress. So for all we know he could heal people as well if needs be.

Sentry can do uber things like the people you mentioned.

janus77
Surfer is the obvious answer, he would pretty much guarantee that I survive in any environment and he could, if he wished, transform me so that I am pure energy or some other highly exotic form that cannot be damaged/destroyed.

Also, I could just be shunted into a dimension between places, so that nobody could find me.

If it's a case of purely fighting other creatures and acting like a body guard, Surfer could do the job too.

Spawningpool
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer is the obvious answer, he would pretty much guarantee that I survive in any environment and he could, if he wished, transform me so that I am pure energy or some other highly exotic form that cannot be damaged/destroyed.

Also, I could just be shunted into a dimension between places, so that nobody could find me.

If it's a case of purely fighting other creatures and acting like a body guard, Surfer could do the job too.
Spawn would stand a chance because since he is god he can detect anyone or find anyone he pleases and if he teleports silver surfer to hell silver surfer would lose all his powers I'm not saying spawn could beat him I'm just saying spawn would stand a huge chance

thingy150
Lets not turn this into "my character is better than your character" those never end well.

For my choice i would have to go with.....Shazam, mostly because he can give me powers.

Time Immemorial
Yes but if you had Silver Surfer or Captain Atom their powers can directly influence your life and others beyond say having be a bullet shield. How often in life are we dodging bullets. Cancer, disease, old age are more likely to happen. Plus they can lend their power to you.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
He could easily take a lot of my problems away, whether it be via his aura. Or the fact that he shares his experiences. Like how he copes when he is among a large crowd of people . How he copes with embarrassing situations. He could definitely take problems away.

He has also performed a resurrection when under extreme duress. So for all we know he could heal people as well if needs be.

Sentry can do uber things like the people you mentioned.

He can heal the sick and raise dead in any occasion?

Mindship
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer is the obvious answer... Word.

One_Angry_Scot
He can heal the sick and raise dead in any occasion?

He resurrected his wife after she was killed by Ultron.

http://i.imgur.com/C7HCWKul.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mnEpQ6ul.jpg

Cured Dr Cornelius's daughter (or grandaughter not too sure) who was in a vegetative state.

http://i.imgur.com/qOPNxyHl.jpg

If you want I can provide more context via PM. As a lot of images will block up the thread.

Time Immemorial
How can he do that?

One_Angry_Scot
How can he do that?

You mean like how he can do both of them things?

thingy150
I know sentry is powerful and all, but why would you want to be around him? He is depressing because he is always moping around in a ball of self pity, isn't he basically a junkie with superpowers, that's how he got his powers. If i has to spend a lot of time with someone it would not be with a crazy self pitying junkie.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by thingy150
I know sentry is powerful and all, but why would you want to be around him? He is depressing because he is always moping around in a ball of self pity, isn't he basically a junkie with superpowers, that's how he got his powers. If i has to spend a lot of time with someone it would not be with a crazy self pitying junkie.

Well that seems like a huge generalisation.

And a lot of it is wrong. The "junkie" isn't the Sentry it is the dark half of Robert Reynolds which became the Void. So the Sentry is Robert's good half who isn't a junkie. He is Roberts own manifestation of good.

Overall I don't like the tone of this post, moping around in self pity. It's easier for you to understand if you have an anxiety disorder like I do. I think you're being unfair by characterising it that way. I wouldn't expect some people to understand. Obviously some will, but I think you have a slanted view on it.

The junkie is a completely different entity.

And like I said the power isn't why I am looking for his protection. Imagine dealing with 2 Anxiety related disorders every day with no one to talk to on a similar level except from a psychiatrist once a month.

While I would be with Robert we could while travelling or just sitting somewhere we could be discussing how when he was in a queue how he dealt with it.

The power is a plus, but isn't the biggest factor about him.

Robert being a drug addict was how he got his powers. But that isn't anything to do with him after that "junkie" side was absorbed into the Void.

Prof. T.C McAbe

And a lot of it is wrong. The "junkie" isn't the Sentry it is the dark half of Robert Reynolds which became the Void. So the Sentry is Robert's good half who isn't a junkie. He is Roberts own manifestation of good.

Overall I don't like the tone of this post, moping around in self pity. It's easier for you to understand if you have an anxiety disorder like I do. I think you're being unfair by characterising it that way. I wouldn't expect some people to understand. Obviously some will, but I think you have a slanted view on it.

And like I said the power isn't why I am looking for his protection. Imagine dealing with 2 Anxiety related disorders every day with no one to talk to on a similar level except from a psychiatrist once a month.

While I would be with Robert we could while travelling or just sitting somewhere we could be discussing how when he was in a queue how he dealt with it.

Robert being a drug addict was how he got his powers. But that isn't anything to do with him after that "junkie" side was absorbed into the Void.

I think this is a good post. If you find a hero you can relate to, the bond would be stronger, maybe even become a friendship. So you would have someone you can trust. Perfect Heroes, with perfect morals are hard to relate to and in the end you might feel more like an item than a human.

As for the drugs, I think it is a modern myth that they are bad, a lot of them are by far not as dangerous as alkohol and cigarettes. If someone is against drugs, than please both legal and illegal ones but in my opinion, everyone can try whatever he/she wants, experience is one thing and if one knows his limitis it is really not a big deal.

thingy150

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bOiu6sFxxdY/S-pCpne-EhI/AAAAAAAAGNs/wI4kkdQUdEQ/s1600/Whoops+That's+Not+Meth.jpg

Is this not canon or something?

I actually do have an anxiety disorder but thank you for making assumptions about me, so what you think would help you is talking to some crazy self loathing guy. He does not even have the mental fortitude to help himself let alone help you. Maybe im wrong but the overall tone of you post is a bit....condescending.

One_Angry_Scot
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bOiu6sFxxdY/S-pCpne-EhI/AAAAAAAAGNs/wI4kkdQUdEQ/s1600/Whoops+That's+Not+Meth.jpg

Is this not canon or something?

I actually do have an anxiety disorder but thank you for making assumptions about me, so what you think would help you is talking to some crazy self loathing guy. He does not even have the mental fortitude to help himself let alone help you. Maybe im wrong but the overall tone of you post is a bit....condescending.

I never said you didn't. I said perhaps you may find it harder if you didn't and that your view is slanted.

I never said that scan wasn't canon. In fact reading my post will tell you something different.

I will apologize for generalising. I know what it is like to suffer with it so I hope you feel better in yourself. I have good and bad days so I hope you're having a good one. Part of my disorder is struggling to read social signals so I may sometimes take things the wrong way.

Your post is wrong. The Robert Reynolds that was a drug addict point is irrelevant. That became the Void.

It isn't a part of Robert Reynolds or Sentry.

Apologies for my tone.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Spawningpool
There is no limit

TOAA/The Presence.

thingy150
Ok thanks for telling me it was void because that made me lose respect for robert, do you have scans of it stating it was void, just asking because i am curious.

One_Angry_Scot
Ok thanks for telling me it was void because that made me lose respect for robert, do you have scans of it stating it was void, just asking because i am curious.

Sure, I will get back to you but this post will take a bit of time.

Flyattractor
Myself with the Infinity Gems.

thingy150
Originally posted by Flyattractor

You answer conflicts with the stipulations of this thread, it says "one super hero or villain to protect you" it does not say what powerset or equipment you can get to protect yourself.

Digi
The Doctor, and no one else is even close.

One_Angry_Scot

Right so first as we really do need to clarify. We have 2 sides.

The Sentry (Robert Reynolds manifestation of good) and The Void (Robert Reynolds manifestation of evil (his dark side i.e Drug Addiction etc).

So the first set of scans.

First of all the Void states he is Robert. And implies what if The Sentry is the rogue aspect of Roberts personality. As it was the Void which surfaces from all of Robert's Anguish and drug addiction. He then makes reference to the parts of his brain that Robert can't itch.

http://i.imgur.com/9kEks9Vl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WkRvMJfl.jpg

Robert has gaps in his memory, which is most likely due to his split personality that he has created.

http://i.imgur.com/CwUajiel.jpg

Dr Cornelius raises the thought that Robert is both the Sentry and the Voiud. Which would go with the Good/Dark half that he created himself.

http://i.imgur.com/UknM1yNl.jpg

Here the Sentry was talking to the Void, he was partly doing this as an act to keep the flow of life at a normal pace but as we see it wasn't Sentry actually talking to the Void in a sense. He was creating that manifestation of evil and so it appeared. (as shown in other scenes where he spoke to the Void on the opposite side of the room)

http://i.imgur.com/gspyIZel.jpg

The dark half of Robert reveals that he was always the Void. And here is another example of the Good/Dark half being present. Note we actually see Roberts face on the Void this time for further proof.

http://i.imgur.com/jaALG24l.jpg

Here we see that Robert used to draw characters. And that the Sentry represents the idealised version of his memories (idealised meaning good) as something you idealise to be is not bad. But with this also came the Negative. the Void.

http://i.imgur.com/sWEZIC6l.jpg

Hope this clears it up.

If you want to talk more I will do so via PM. As this will clog up the thread. As long as I know you have seen this then I will PM you so we can discuss it further.

thingy150
Ok thank you for clearing things up, you seem to be very knowledgeable on your character thumb up

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Digi

Jeroen or Habib? Jeroen is more aggressive, which may be what you need sometimes, but less dependable.

Or did you mean Dr Who? And if so, which incarnation?

One_Angry_Scot
Ok thank you for clearing things up, you seem to be very knowledgeable on your character thumb up

Thanks a lot. I always am doing research and formulating ideas for the Sentry. Keeps me distracted from other things.

Estacado
Originally posted by Digi
So you are not the Doctor?mmm

Digi
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Jeroen or Habib? Jeroen is more aggressive, which may be what you need sometimes, but less dependable.

Or did you mean Dr Who? And if so, which incarnation?

Doctor Who. I wouldn't consider WS Doctor at all, for reasons you mentioned and more. Incarnation barely matters. Memories, and thus feats, are inherited through regenerations. I suppose the most logical, given that fact, would be the current incarnation.

Originally posted by Estacado
So you are not the Doctor?mmm

??

Omac9
Saint of Killers.....because you just don't have "enough gun".

riv6672
He could definitely protect you, but, he seems like lousy company! stick out tongue

Hey, you have to take that into account you know.

tkitna
If my life is being threatened, I cant be bothered with these lesser characters being mentioned.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/0/77/77631-90985-squirrel-girl.jpg

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
TOAA/The Presence.

Maybe you should just pray.

krisblaze
Superman, duh.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Flyattractor

Ok. I pick Thanos with the Inf Gems and once he wussies up and loses em I grab em and take over.

Muwahahaha!

smokin'

riv6672
I was hoping you meant Dr. Who.

maxivitopowe
Spiderman

Once I become his friend there is a good chance of me having an accident giving me powers

Or

Once we become friends and one of his villains eventually end up killing me there is a good chance of me being resurrected with powers

DarkSaint85
Maybe you should just pray.

Nope, I've chosen them, so they will now protect me.

I note the lack of Constantine evil face

krisblaze
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Spiderman

Once I become his friend there is a good chance of me having an accident giving me powers

Or

Once we become friends and one of his villains eventually end up killing me there is a good chance of me being resurrected with powers
^not really though smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.