Asajj Ventress vs. Darth Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Asajj as of The Clone Wars Season 5.
Bane as of Path of Destruction.

Setting: Dathomir

NewGuy01
Interesting idea. Assaj will probably win, though; especially on her home turf.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Interesting idea. I'm an interesting guy.

Trocity
PoD Bane gets stomped by Ventress.

carthage
Ventress would humiliate PoD Bane with or without a nexus amp, and beat DOE Bane with slight difficulty at most.

Nephthys
Bane. TK and Lightning too strong. Probably beats her in sabers too.

carthage
His lightning can be dodged, and his telekinesis couldn't do anything more than kill guards and break boxes and throw couches. Beating Plo Koon, pressuring Mace Windu, and beating Kit Fisto are all vastly better showings than Bane has ever done.

|King Joker|
Why can't Asajj just block the lightning with her sabers?

NewGuy01
Because this is Neph we're talking about.

carthage
Bane's lightning was dodged by a semi-trained featless character named Hetton, Asajj is faster than Bane is and can easily dodge it if he did.

Likewise his telekinesis isn't powerful enough to do much damage to her.

Nephthys
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Why can't Asajj just block the lightning with her sabers?

His lightning is too powerful for that. Extremely powerful lightning can overwhelm lightsaber defenses and blow them out of the wielders hands or fail to be blocked by them. Bane's lightning is in that category.

carthage
His lightning was dodged lol, you always leave that out. And no his lightning has never been shown to overload lightsabers, or else it would've cooked Zannah when it came into contact with hers. His lightning has never won him a duel against a powerful force sensitive.

Nephthys
Carthage, a mod suggested that we cease discussions. Stop harassing me. You are on ignore, theres no point talking to me.

Marco1907
Ventress already blocked Dooku's lightning, I don't it will be the determined factor here.

carthage
Again this is a public forum and if you make posts I can respond to them to my choosing, responding to a post you make in a public venue isn't "harassment". You also have posted comments to my posts, so you might want to take your own advice.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Marco1907
Ventress already blocked Dooku's lightning, I don't it will be the determined factor here.

Bane's lightning is much more powerful than Dooku's, which Ventress blocked poorly, I might add.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by carthage
His lightning was dodged lol, you always leave that out. And no his lightning has never been shown to overload lightsabers, or else it would've cooked Zannah when it came into contact with hers. His lightning has never won him a duel against a powerful force sensitive.

carthage

Malgus's lightning was capable of stopping out lightsabers, but that's only because Aryn wasn't physically strong enough to power through it. Bane's lightning has never been shown to do that, and unlike Malgus's lightning people have dodged his. Ventress can likely do the same imo, lightning will never be a factor in a duel with someone like Ventress so much as skill.

Nephthys
Replying to Newguy only:

Bane can spam lightning or produce large lightning storms. Ventress can't dodge indefinitely. Lightning as failed to be dodged far more than it's been avoided.

Zannah is as powerful as Bane, so of course she could block his lightning. That proves nothing.

carthage
When has he produced a "large lightning storm" against a force sensitive, and no you haven't refuted that his lighting was dodged by Hetton. He never even used lightning successfully to harm a force sensitive.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nephthys

Zannah is as powerful as Bane, so of course she could block his lightning. That proves nothing.

Except that you yourself have claimed that being powerful doesn't mean you can block lightning, in the case of Anakin specifically.

The fact that Zannah blocked a stronger lightning with no effort on her part does lead me to believe that Ventress might be able to as well.

Nephthys
I was explaining why it makes sense for her to have blocked it. Zannah blocking his lightning doesn't mean anyone could, since she's explicitly his equal in power and so it's a logically consistent feat. Feats prove that you can block powerful lightning. Since Zannah blocked lightning as powerful as Bane's..... it indicate's she can block lightning as powerful as Bane's. That's how feats prove things.

Since Ventress hasn't blocked lightning nearly as powerful as Bane's, there's nothing suggesting she'd be able to.

carthage
His lightning is too powerful for that. Extremely powerful lightning can overwhelm lightsaber defenses and blow them out of the wielders hands or fail to be blocked by them. /B]

You made this assertion without any feats of Bane that show his lightning has overwhelmed a lightsaber though. Also you consistently fail to refute the fact that Bane's lightning was dodged, if it was so effective then why hasn't it been useful in any duel? Zannah being "comparably powerful" to Bane has nothing to do with her ability to stop it with a lightsaber.

NewGuy01
But that logic is fallacious. Sidious hasn't blocked lightning at all, but suggesting he'd fall to Malgus's is laughable.

Nephthys
Sidious is more powerful than Malgus. Ventress is much less powerful than Bane. And that doesn't make it fallacious. Even is it's a well founded one that I'd support, it's an assumption that Sidious can block Malgus' lightning without evidence to suggest he can.

carthage
There is nothing in the properties of Bane's lightning that makes it to where it can't be absorbed by a lightsaber, you can ignore that all you want- but you're making the claim without any evidence to back it up thumb up. Ventress has superior telekinetic showings to Bane, there is no evidence she is less powerful than him

chilled monkey
His lightning is too powerful for that. Extremely powerful lightning can overwhelm lightsaber defenses and blow them out of the wielders hands or fail to be blocked by them. Bane's lightning is in that category.

Not necessarily. Raskta was able to deflect his lightning with her lightsabres. True she was hopped up on Battle Meditation but Bane was also hopped up on his orbalisks. He doesn't have that here.

That being said I do think Bane is capable of producing lightning strong enough to do as you say, but only in a more focused effort. He couldn't achieve it with a "standard" lightning blast.

Remember also that at this point in his career Bane was nearly killed by Kass'im's use of dual blades due to having zero familiarity with it. That would be a big problem here.

Beating Plo Koon,

Plo had a broken arm at the time and even then he more than held his own. It wasn't like she straight-up beat him in a "fair" fight.

pressuring Mace Windu,

Not this again.

Look, read the comic. Mace clearly has the upper hand and at no point does he seem pressured at all. If you're referring to that so-called "fact file," that's an "out of universe" statement which doesn't hold water when compared to what actually happens in the actual comic (or movie, novel etc).

"Fact files" are useful certainly, but they can and do get things wrong, and should never be treated as absolute truth.

carthage
That's a valid point that Bane never showed any evidence he ever got over his weakness of not familiarizing himself with Jar Kai. Also Chilled it's important to remember Hetton dodged Bane's lightning.

Sinious
Bane's lightning is much more powerful than Dooku's, which Ventress blocked poorly, I might add.

Compared to top tier sith, how high do you have Bane's lightning?

Marco1907
Malgus's lightning was capable of stopping out lightsabers, but that's only because Aryn wasn't physically strong enough to power through it. Bane's lightning has never been shown to do that, and unlike Malgus's lightning people have dodged his. Ventress can likely do the same imo, lightning will never be a factor in a duel with someone like Ventress so much as skill.

As far as I remember same Malgus failed to kill a non-force sensitive trooper with force lightning,
Such as this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQjBJJ34yWE&feature=player_detailpage#t=115
I would say his lightning is not very consistent.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Sinious
Compared to top tier sith, how high do you have Bane's lightning?

Basically at or near the top, under Vitiate's. I consider disintegration to be the very highest level Force Lightning can reach. IIRC only those such as Bane, Sidious and Vitiate (and Nyriss' charged up storm) have displayed such power.

Revanchiste
Bane. TK and Lightning too strong. Probably beats her in sabers too.

Yhea remember when Bane waz weaken and witout hiz light zaber.. When Zannah try to kill him.

And ventrezz weaknezz iz her force defence that'z how dooku keep her under hiz control....

As far as I remember same Malgus failed to kill a non-force sensitive trooper with force lightning,
Such as this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQjB...etailpage#t=115
I would say his lightning is not very consistent.

Thiz trooper have a prenium energy zhield.... Thiz trooper zurvive to a grenade detonation, at thiz time the thermal detonator with baridium begin to be allowed for official armiez.

They where primitiv O.K but remember than a zingle clazz A thermal detonate can anihilate Xizor palace.

The firzt army to make a mazziv uze of energy zhield after the mandalorian cruzader where Revan zith army with ztandard energy zhieldz equiping each trooper.

Basically at or near the top, under Vitiate's. I consider disintegration to be the very highest level Force Lightning can reach. IIRC only those such as Bane, Sidious and Vitiate (and Nyriss' charged up storm) have displayed such power. [/QUOTE

And ztarkiller XDXXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD
XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDX
DXDXDXDXD and hiz lightning were'nt enough to deztroy lord vader on greatly dammage him... Almozt laughable.

Revanchiste
Accidental double pozt delete thiz pleaze....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.