Sam Raimi admits he messed up with Spider-Man 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Have a read folks

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/sam-raimi-says-he-messed-up-plenty-with-spider-man-3-713

DARTH POWER
To be fair, Sony did make him force Venom into the movie- something he didn't want to and wasn't really his vision for the film.

Apparently they put similar demands on Marc Webb for TASM2- According to Garfield anyway.

iscaremonkeys
Is it wrong that i still liked the movie?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys

Yes.

riv6672
I feel bad for him. He did something special with the first film, and had a nice sequel.

The powers that be behind the reboot should have taken note of what happened with Raimi's third outing. Sometimes less is more.

DARTH POWER
Tbf the reboot hasn't been over cramped with too many villains. I mean the "3 villains" in TASM2 included Rhino's 2 minutes.

TASM2 had the problem of the franchise they're trying to build taking priority over the film they're making. IM2 had the same problem. The film was a means to an end, instead of being an end product itself.

I'm sure both Ramai and Webb could have done a far better job with their last Spider-Man attempts if they had been given free reign.

KCJ506
It seems most of the quality that came from Sony Spider-Man products came from the people they hired, namely Greg Weisman and in the first two movies case Sam Raimi. Usually when Sony puts tries to butt in about creative decisions things don't turn out really well.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Tbf the reboot hasn't been over cramped with too many villains. I mean the "3 villains" in TASM2 included Rhino's 2 minutes.

I still don't understand why people even keep counting Rhino as a villain in ASM2 to begin with. His role was nothing more than a cameo. He didn't even become Rhino until the end after the main plot was over. I mean if people are gonna count villains in movies regardless of how small their role is they may as well count the burglar in both SM1 and ASM1, Joe Chill and Zsasz in Batman Begins and Scarecrow in The Dark Knight.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by KCJ506

I still don't understand why people even keep counting Rhino as a villain in ASM2 to begin with. His role was nothing more than a cameo. He didn't even become Rhino until the end after the main plot was over. I mean if people are gonna count villains in movies regardless of how small their role is they may as well count the burglar in both SM1 and ASM1, Joe Chill and Zsasz in Batman Begins and Scarecrow in The Dark Knight.

thumb up

Honestly though they shouldn't have marketed it as a "3 villain" movie like they did. Because as soon as that poster was out showing the 3 villains everyone was straight away like "OMG WTF ARE THEY DOING... IT'S GOING TO BE ANOTHER SPIDER-MAN 3!"

And considering Rhino was just a cameo, I have no idea why they used him in the marketing. The marketing for TASM2 was terrible tbh. Between all the trailers and tv spots, they didn't leave a single surprise for the movie. Every single action scene in that movie, I saw before hand. Even the Rhino Cameo small action scene was shown to us, not to mention Gwen's death heavily hinted at. So literally no surprises at all for the movie itself.

Q99
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys

No, there's plenty of worse movies out there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.