Obi-Wan(AOTC) and Qui-Gon Jinn Vs Maul(SoD)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon confront the powerful failed Sith on the planet of Telos, after attempting to escape, the Jedi finally corner Maul. Can the master and apprentice win? or is history doomed to repeat itself?

Telos: On a building rooftop

Lightsabers Only!

Who becomes one with the force?

Emperordmb
Maul kicks the shit out of them. Literally. They might put up a good fight, but Maul wins IMO

Angelalex242
Is Maul using a saberstaff, a dark saber, a single blade, or a lightsaber and a dark saber?

Anyways, Obiwan's on his trademark Soresu by now, and he should able to fend Maul off for some time. Qui Gonn is as useless as he was the first time around and should die quickly due to his own idiocy.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Is Maul using a saberstaff, a dark saber, a single blade, or a lightsaber and a dark saber?

The Dark Saber

and what is your reasoning for that logic?

carthage
Maul

Angelalex242
Qui Gonn died to inferior version of Maul, relatively quickly. He won't be able to provide relevant assistance to Obi Wan.

Fated Xtasy
Is there really any proof that Maul improved as a duelist though? Just curious. ILS, Marco. get your butts in here!

DARTH POWER
Qui Gonn died to inferior version of Maul, relatively quickly. He won't be able to provide relevant assistance to Obi Wan.

Urm what? Qui-Gon =/> AOTC Obi-Wan.

Qui-Gon was the main reason there was a huge long Saber battle in TPM.

If it was 2 Obi-Wan's fighting Maul instead in TPM, they would have both died pretty quickly.

As for this fight it's tough. But Qui-Gon and Kenobi should be a more formidable team than they were last time. But then Maul's Kicks are even more lethal than in TPM with his new Cybernetic legs - Maul only has to temp Ko 1 of them with a Cyberneticly enhanced Martial Arts kick to take out the other 1 on 1.

I'm inclined to give this to Maul simply because AOTC Obi-Wan didn't do anything overly impressive Imho.

carthage
I haven't read the AOTC novel yet, but did he do anything impressive even then?

FreshestSlice
Anyways, Obiwan's on his trademark Soresu by now,
Nope. I believe he starts that somewhere around TCW. Considering the way Dooku handles AotC Kenobi, I doubt it'd matter much anyway.

|King Joker|
Maul.

ILS
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Is there really any proof that Maul improved as a duelist though? Just curious. ILS, Marco. get your butts in here! Not really. He should be as good as he was during TPM. Some people don't view his duel against Jinn and Kenobi as good a feat as his TCW stuff, like dueling evenly with Kenobi, stomping Savage, briefly contending with Windu ect, but it's basically just as good. He fights evenly with top tier duelists during TCW, whereas during TPM he comfortably outfought lower tier duelists.

carthage
Originally posted by carthage
I haven't read the AOTC novel yet, but did Kenobi do anything impressive even then?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.