KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Obi-Wan(AOTC) and Qui-Gon Jinn Vs Maul(SoD)

Obi-Wan(AOTC) and Qui-Gon Jinn Vs Maul(SoD)
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Obi-Wan(AOTC) and Qui-Gon Jinn Vs Maul(SoD)

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon confront the powerful failed Sith on the planet of Telos, after attempting to escape, the Jedi finally corner Maul. Can the master and apprentice win? or is history doomed to repeat itself?

Telos: On a building rooftop

Lightsabers Only!

Who becomes one with the force?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2015 04:10 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Maul kicks the shit out of them. Literally. They might put up a good fight, but Maul wins IMO

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2015 04:14 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

Is Maul using a saberstaff, a dark saber, a single blade, or a lightsaber and a dark saber?

Anyways, Obiwan's on his trademark Soresu by now, and he should able to fend Maul off for some time. Qui Gonn is as useless as he was the first time around and should die quickly due to his own idiocy.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2015 04:24 AM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Is Maul using a saberstaff, a dark saber, a single blade, or a lightsaber and a dark saber?

The Dark Saber

quote:
Qui Gonn is as useless as he was the first time around and should die quickly due to his own idiocy.

and what is your reasoning for that logic?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2015 04:38 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Maul

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2015 05:16 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

Qui Gonn died to inferior version of Maul, relatively quickly. He won't be able to provide relevant assistance to Obi Wan.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2015 05:45 AM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Is there really any proof that Maul improved as a duelist though? Just curious. ILS, Marco. get your butts in here!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2015 05:55 AM
Darth Thor

Qui Gonn died to inferior version of Maul, relatively quickly. He won't be able to provide relevant assistance to Obi Wan.

Urm what? Qui-Gon =/> AOTC Obi-Wan.

Qui-Gon was the main reason there was a huge long Saber battle in TPM.

If it was 2 Obi-Wan's fighting Maul instead in TPM, they would have both died pretty quickly.

As for this fight it's tough. But Qui-Gon and Kenobi should be a more formidable team than they were last time. But then Maul's Kicks are even more lethal than in TPM with his new Cybernetic legs - Maul only has to temp Ko 1 of them with a Cyberneticly enhanced Martial Arts kick to take out the other 1 on 1.

I'm inclined to give this to Maul simply because AOTC Obi-Wan didn't do anything overly impressive Imho.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2015 08:04 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I haven't read the AOTC novel yet, but did he do anything impressive even then?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2015 08:05 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Anyways, Obiwan's on his trademark Soresu by now,

Nope. I believe he starts that somewhere around TCW. Considering the way Dooku handles AotC Kenobi, I doubt it'd matter much anyway.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 06:44 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Maul.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 06:54 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Is there really any proof that Maul improved as a duelist though? Just curious. ILS, Marco. get your butts in here!
Not really. He should be as good as he was during TPM. Some people don't view his duel against Jinn and Kenobi as good a feat as his TCW stuff, like dueling evenly with Kenobi, stomping Savage, briefly contending with Windu ect, but it's basically just as good. He fights evenly with top tier duelists during TCW, whereas during TPM he comfortably outfought lower tier duelists.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 06:54 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by carthage
I haven't read the AOTC novel yet, but did Kenobi do anything impressive even then?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2015 01:58 AM