Energy attacks in Z

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
I know this is dumb to argue, because it's a cartoon, but is their any plausible explanation why Vegeta with a power level of 18,000's Galick Gun could destroy the Earth, when an angry Super Buu just made a crater when he self-destructed. By the Buu Saga, any characters weakest ki blast should have the power to destroy a planet. Maybe the energy has to burrow into the core of the planet, yet Vegeta blew up Arlia AND it's moon, just fine from orbit. Does anyone have any ideas?

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
I know this is dumb to argue, because it's a cartoon, but is their any plausible explanation why Vegeta with a power level of 18,000's Galick Gun could destroy the Earth, when an angry Super Buu just made a crater when he self-destructed. By the Buu Saga, any characters weakest ki blast should have the power to destroy a planet. Maybe the energy has to burrow into the core of the planet, yet Vegeta blew up Arlia AND it's moon, just fine from orbit. Does anyone have any ideas? his power level was more like 15,000.....

ANYWAY to answer your question im assuming that as earth heals it some how becomes stronger in the DBZ universe. Kinda far fetched but i never really thought about this question

Galan007
Energy attacks in DBZ cannot be gauged solely by the amount of collateral damage they cause. If that were the case then Roshi, with a PL of 180, would be one of the most powerful characters in the mythos, given that he generated a moon-buster.

No, the Z Fighters are simply able to concentrate their blasts so they still deliver the maximum amount of damage to their opponent, without the planet being destroyed as a result.

Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
his power level was more like 15,000..... Vegeta's PL during the Saiyan saga was 18,000. I can post the canon Daizenshuu and V-Jump pages if you'd like. smile

Damborgson
Cui or whatever his name was said his level was 18,000, "same as you Vegeta" before getting turned into dity fireworks.

Anywho, I just chalk it up to the series not being able to destroy the planet every time a character with 18k+ fought on it. /shrug

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by Damborgson
Cui or whatever his name was said his level was 18,000, "same as you Vegeta" before getting turned into dity fireworks.

Anywho, I just chalk it up to the series not being able to destroy the planet every time a character with 18k+ fought on it. /shrug yes but that was after his fight on earth. im talking before namek i believed it was at 15,000 But its been pointed out i may have been wrong
Originally posted by Galan007
Energy attacks in DBZ cannot be gauged solely by the amount of collateral damage they cause. If that were the case then Roshi, with a PL of 180, would be one of the most powerful characters in the mythos, given that he generated a moon-buster.

No, the Z Fighters are simply able to concentrate their blasts so they still deliver the maximum amount of damage to their opponent, without the planet being destroyed as a result.

Vegeta's PL during the Saiyan saga was 18,000. I can post the canon Daizenshuu and V-Jump pages if you'd like. smile please post them

Galan007
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
yes but that was after his fight on earth. im talking before namek i believed it was at 15,000 But its been pointed out i may have been wrong
please post them
From V-Jump:
http://i.imgur.com/SrEFwwb.jpg

From the Daizenshuu:
http://i.imgur.com/IuTL7kZ.jpg

From the VIZ manga:
Zarbon: "24,000?! That's higher than ours!!"
Dodoria: "It's impossible!! Vegeta could barely get up to 18,000 before!"

iscaremonkeys
^thank you.

NemeBro

thumb up

carver9

Vegeta's PL during the Saiyan saga was 18,000. I can post the canon Daizenshuu and V-Jump pages if you'd like. smile

This. Collateral damage means little in comics or anime. Abstract beings has fought on planets before without them giving way.

Mystify
Considering Z characters and their capacity for ki manipulation, perhaps most of the explosive force was concentrated into the area of the explosion?

You know, so there's a lot more damage infliction to those caught in the field of the explosion.

Super Buu wasn't planning to die, anyway.

StealthRanger
Welcome to fiction where planet busting characters going all out only causes small craters because lolfiction /discussion

Bentley
Originally posted by carver9
This. Collateral damage means little in comics or anime. Abstract beings has fought on planets before without them giving way.

Stop hating on Hulk Carv ahah

BeyonderGod
Dbz is inconsistent.

carver9
DBZ is just as inconsistent as any other comic. Galactus has fought on Earth without it exploding. Doesn't mean he isn't a planet buster. It's common sense. Everything doesn't revolve around collateral damage. Frieza withstood a planets explosion, super Saiyan 2 Gohan could kill this same Frieza with a casual attack that wouldn't even level the room or area they were standing in. Same in Marvel and DC. Wolverine has survived a Nuke, Odin could kill Wolverine with an attack that wouldn't even destroy a barn.

SSJGGogeta
DBZ is just as inconsistent as any other comic. Galactus has fought on Earth without it exploding. Doesn't mean he isn't a planet buster. It's common sense. Everything doesn't revolve around collateral damage. Frieza withstood a planets explosion, super Saiyan 2 Gohan could kill this same Frieza with a casual attack that wouldn't even level the room or area they were standing in. Same in Marvel and DC. Wolverine has survived a Nuke, Odin could kill Wolverine with an attack that wouldn't even destroy a barn.

^ This.

It would be pointless to blow up a planet around a character if they could survive it like it was nothing, but if you can blast a planet buster within the confines of a human sized area, then you can invoke temperatures and force on par with solar level decimation, if not higher.

That's why Gohan was able to kill Frieza with a single punch in Fusion reborn. The same Frieza who survived being blasted with dozens of planet busters, and even a planet exploding on his face.

Jmanghan
DBZ IS DIMENSION-BUSTER!

psycho gundam
I know this is dumb to argue, because it's a cartoon, but is their any plausible explanation why Vegeta with a power level of 18,000's Galick Gun could destroy the Earth, when an angry Super Buu just made a crater when he self-destructed. By the Buu Saga, any characters weakest ki blast should have the power to destroy a planet. Maybe the energy has to burrow into the core of the planet, yet Vegeta blew up Arlia AND it's moon, just fine from orbit. Does anyone have any ideas? Or......Vegeta was exaggerating

Arlia was filler

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Jmanghan
DBZ IS DIMENSION-BUSTER!

Dimensions can vary in size. (Ever played Metroid Prime 2?) You'll have to be more specific.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Or......Vegeta was exaggerating

Arlia was filler

Why would Vegeta have exaggerated? Based on simply what we know of Vegeta, he's destroyed hundreds of planets before he even heard of the dragon balls.

Arlia was filler, but it's still accepted as secondary cannon by the Daizenshuu. So it's anime only, but it doesn't contradict anything in cannon, and in fact supports it.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Sacred 117
Dimensions can vary in size. (Ever played Metroid Prime 2?) You'll have to be more specific.

At least the dimension that the DBZ universe resides in. Otherwise the Kai's and such wouldn't have been so scared that Buu was going to destroy "all of creation", by tearing apart dimensions with a scream.

Based

Only in certain cases. Both Trunks and Krillin were scared of Vegeta's Final Flash and its potential impact on the Earth until he narrowed the width.

When Goku was about to Warp Kamehameha, Cell pondered on what it would do to the planet from that angle.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Based
Only in certain cases. Both Trunks and Krillin were scared of Vegeta's Final Flash and its potential impact on the Earth until he narrowed the width.

When Goku was about to Warp Kamehameha, Cell pondered on what it would do to the planet from that angle.

Well yeah, the point is that without concentrating their power and restricting the amount they use so much, the Z-fighters could destroy the planet ON ACCIDENT. That's why Goku flew into the air to allow Cell to hit him with his Kamehameha, but dodged it with IT. If he had just blocked or dodged it, the Earth would be gone.

And when Goku warp Kamehameha'd, everyone KNEW it would blow up the planet. They just didn't expect an IT to come before it.

BeyonderGod
Lol says they have to?.......

Lol accidentally? No

I can name a thousand characters who can do the stuff dbz can do but some are planet busters casually then dbz where it takes 900 episodes later.

Revanchiste
I know this is dumb to argue, because it's a cartoon, but is their any plausible explanation why Vegeta with a power level of 18,000's Galick Gun could destroy the Earth, when an angry Super Buu just made a crater when he self-destructed. By the Buu Saga, any characters weakest ki blast should have the power to destroy a planet. Maybe the energy has to burrow into the core of the planet, yet Vegeta blew up Arlia AND it's moon, just fine from orbit. Does anyone have any ideas?

XD Watch the FR version to understand even less to what's happening here and you will be fixed.

Sj_Sharp

Vegeta's PL during the Saiyan saga was 18,000. I can post the canon Daizenshuu and V-Jump pages if you'd like. smile

^Perfect.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.