How would Broly fair against Super Perfect Cell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

iscaremonkeys
If broly were to fight super perfect cell in these conditions how would he fair

1. not going SSJ
2. going SSJ
3.both on a planet where there ki is slowly being drained

Galan007
Movie #8 LSSJ Broly~Perfect Cell.
Movie #10 LSSJ Broly~Super-Perfect Cell.

pym-ftw
Teen Gohan>Cell>Broly>Gohan (adult)

SSJGGogeta
No, Galan is right.

"Movie #8 LSSJ Broly~Perfect Cell.
Movie #10 LSSJ Broly~Super-Perfect Cell."

pym-ftw
What did Broly do in movie 10 that makes you feel that way?

bbrem123
he beat the shit out of SS2 Adult Gohan.

Galan has it right

but then again you have some who say it was not SSJ2 Gohan just normal SSJ. (because of lack of power-up/ no electricity)

Based
Perfect Cell beats movie 8 solidly.

Damborgson
Broly wasn't even mildly affected by anything in his first appearance. That he didn't butcher the entire dragonball cast and end the movie with 5 dead z fighters doesn't mean he's so much weaker than his next appearance. And from the way he manhandled Gohan who at the time was still > perfect cell as per Goku's words, I wouldn't be against him beating super perfect in a competitive fight.

BeyonderGod
Broly rekts he planet busts cell lol

pym-ftw
Originally posted by bbrem123
he beat the shit out of SS2 Adult Gohan.

Galan has it right

but then again you have some who say it was not SSJ2 Gohan just normal SSJ. (because of lack of power-up/ no electricity) Even assuming it's SSJ2 and is just an art oversight, Vegeta stated the Adult Gohan is weaker than his teen form. So all we know is he is obviously weaker than Cell.

Astner
Originally posted by Galan007
Movie #8 LSSJ Broly ≥ Perfect Cell.
Movie #10 LSSJ Broly ≥ Super-Perfect Cell.
Fixed.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Even assuming it's SSJ2 and is just an art oversight, Vegeta stated the Adult Gohan is weaker than his teen form. So all we know is he is obviously weaker than Cell.

What? SPC was NOT stronger than SSJ2 teen Gohan. In fact, he was much weaker.

It was stated that Gohan lost half his power after taking the blast to save Vegeta. Plus, his Kamehameha was only using one arm. Cell took advantage of that, and all it took was a second of distraction for Gohan to overcome that. Gohan was just a tad weaker than SP Cell, but GOHAN WAS AT HALF POWER. Even if Adult Gohan had lost half his strength, which is unlikely, he still was equal to SP Cell. Broly dominated that Gohan, like a child, even so far as tanking all his attacks to the face without flinching.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
What? SPC was NOT stronger than SSJ2 teen Gohan. In fact, he was much weaker.

It was stated that Gohan lost half his power after taking the blast to save Vegeta. Plus, his Kamehameha was only using one arm. Cell took advantage of that, and all it took was a second of distraction for Gohan to overcome that. Gohan was just a tad weaker than SP Cell, but GOHAN WAS AT HALF POWER. Even if Adult Gohan had lost half his strength, which is unlikely, he still was equal to SP Cell. Broly dominated that Gohan, like a child, even so far as tanking all his attacks to the face without flinching. Goku stated Gohan was holding back, and he killed Cell by releasing his full power. Up until that point Cell even after spawning clones was punking Gohan.

wakkawakkawakka
Really? Gohan was beating Cell handily after going SSj2 IIRC. Which would make Perfect Cell weaker than Movie 8 Broly. By extension considering the beat down Broly handed Gohan, he'd be a bit stronger than Super Perfect Cell as well.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Really? Gohan was beating Cell handily after going SSj2 IIRC. Which would make Perfect Cell weaker than Movie 8 Broly. By extension considering the beat down Broly handed Gohan, he'd be a bit stronger than Super Perfect Cell as well.

What? How would that make Perfect Cell weaker than movie 8 Broly? Gohan never went SSJ2 in movie 8.

wakkawakkawakka
What? How would that make Perfect Cell weaker than movie 8 Broly? Gohan never went SSJ2 in movie 8.
Slightly weaker: as in if compared directe d Broly would edge out just a bit. Goku was able to match Cell for a bit of time while Broly steamrolled him along with all the other Z fighters.

juggerman
Perfect Cell also held back a ton of his power to make it a good fight. Had he went 100% he would have stomped Goku easily

Reflassshh
I don't think Gohan was using ssj1 in broly's second movie.

Broly already stomped a more powerful Gohan along with the Z-fighters during the first movie. That added to the fact that Broly's power is constantly growing and Gohan managed to held his own for a while leads me to think Gohan reached ssj2 but for some reason artist forgot of the sparks.

Edit: In my opinion it would go like this; Cell games ssj2 Gohan>= 2nd Movie Broly> Ssj2 Adult Gohan> Super perfect Cell> Badly injured at 50% Cell saga Ssj2 Gohan imo.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by juggerman
Perfect Cell also held back a ton of his power to make it a good fight. Had he went 100% he would have stomped Goku easily

Eh, not true.

Cell was nearly killed when fighting Goku, and was weakened as much as he was, in case you didn't remember. The only reasons Cell "won" is because 1. Goku gave him a senzu bean, 2. Goku gave up, and 3. Cell can regenerate. MSSJ1 Goku and Perfect Cell were almost evenly matched, with Cell being a bit stronger.

Broly steamrolled over all the Z-fighters, including USSJ Trunks, and Super Vegeta, at once.

juggerman
Eh, not true.

Cell was nearly killed when fighting Goku, and was weakened as much as he was, in case you didn't remember. The only reasons Cell "won" is because 1. Goku gave him a senzu bean, 2. Goku gave up, and 3. Cell can regenerate. MSSJ1 Goku and Perfect Cell were almost evenly matched, with Cell being a bit stronger.

Broly steamrolled over all the Z-fighters, including USSJ Trunks, and Super Vegeta, at once.

Eh, yes true.

http://www.mangapanda.com/105-3059-8/dragon-ball/chapter-410.html

Look at what Goku says. "At last Cell is going to show his full fighting power. Meaning he was holding back. Just like i said

Galan007
Eh, yes true.

Look at what Goku says. "At last Cell is going to show his full fighting power. Meaning he was holding back. Just like i said thumb up

What's more, despite being in a significantly weakened/suppressed state at the time, Cell was confident that he'd STILL be able to win, even if Goku went back up to full power and he stayed at the same level. In fact, Cell was actually trolling Goku to eat a senzu bean:

Additionally, we also need to take Vegeta's statement while he was watching Goku and Cell fight into consideration:

If the above dialogue, coupled with Goku outright admitting that Cell was more powerful than himself and surrendering, doesn't suggest that suppressed/weakened Cell>>FPSSJ Goku, I don't know what does. /shrug

Galan007
Eh, yes true.

Look at what Goku says. "At last Cell is going to show his full fighting power. Meaning he was holding back. Just like i said Oh, and I forgot to add that on the page just before the one you posted, Cell states the following to Gohan:
"Arrogant little snip!! Well, then, let me show you my TRUE, terrible power!!"

So yeah, both Cell AND Goku confirm that he had been holding back up to that point.

Astner
Perfect Cell ≥ SSJ Gohan > SSJ Goku. I thought everyone knew this.

Getting back on topic.

The way I see it Super Perfect Cell, SSJ2 Adult Gohan and Dabura are in the same tier.

Broly from the 10th movie was clearly beyond SSJ2 Adult Gohan.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Astner
Perfect Cell ≥ SSJ Gohan > SSJ Goku. I thought everyone knew this.

Getting back on topic.

The way I see it Super Perfect Cell, SSJ2 Adult Gohan and Dabura are in the same tier.

Broly from the 10th movie was clearly beyond SSJ2 Adult Gohan. thumb up

PD: Smartassner attacks again huhu

bbrem123
ssj2 Gohan seemed weaker than ssj Goku. Not saying much for how strong broly was...

Teen Gohan would have murder Broly imo.

Reflassshh
ssj2 Gohan seemed weaker than ssj Goku. Not saying much for how strong broly was...

Teen Gohan would have murder Broly imo. When?

Agreed.

bbrem123
How is an amped ssj goku(movie 8) stronger than a ssj2 Gohan(moive 10) at all..

Hell Goku took wayyyy more hits from broly than gohan did.(Broly didnt seem that much stronger in movie 10 than he did in 8)

Broly was destroyed by 3 ssj(one being goten) No ssj2 level character should lose to that.

Astner

Reflassshh
How is an amped ssj goku(movie 8) stronger than a ssj2 Gohan(moive 10) at all..

Hell Goku took wayyyy more hits from broly than gohan did.(Broly didnt seem that much stronger in movie 10 than he did in 8)

Broly was destroyed by 3 ssj(one being goten) No ssj2 level character should lose to that. I think Broly had an important increase in power between the two movies, that's why he could beat a SSJ2 Adult Gohan.

Broly in movie 10 was either more powerful and Gohan was SSJ2 or he was weakened and Gohan was FPSSJ, because there's no way a weaker Gohan, Goten and Trunks would've survived so much as they did against a movie 8 Broly, who steamrolled the Z-fighters with utter ease.

bbrem123
exactly. He could have been weaker.
He did receive a mortal wound from Goku. He looked far more impressive in movie 8 than he did in 10.

Which makes me think Gohan was ssj and not ssj2. Or Gohan's ssj2 form was hella weak. Either way. I just cant see Broly competing with a legit ssj2 like teen gohan/goku/vegeta

Galan007
Relative to his power during the Cell Games, SSJ2 teen Gohan was hella-weak(Goku and Vegeta confirmed this multiple times.) Tbh, I don't think SSJ2 teen Gohan was much more powerful than he was as a FPSSJ during the Cell Games--Vegeta was literally appalled by how much his power had decreased. /shrug

bbrem123
wait teen or adult was extremely weak?

but yes I agree completely. He was a joke of a ssj2.

Galan007
I'm referring to SSJ2 Gohan, as seen at the beginning of the Buu-saga(when he powered up for Kibito at the WMAT, and later fought Dabra.) I don't believe he was really all that much more powerful than he was as a FPSSJ years earlier during the Cell Games.

Vegeta went out of his way to repeatedly tell us how pathetic Gohan's power had become--and Goku didn't disagree. Personally, I think his power had decreased by ~50%, at the very least. /shrug

bbrem123
Originally posted by Galan007
I'm referring to SSJ2 Gohan, as seen at the beginning of the Buu-saga(when he powered up for Kibito at the WMAT, and later fought Dabra.) I don't believe he was really all that much more powerful than he was as a FPSSJ years earlier during the Cell Games.

Vegeta went out of his way to repeatedly tell us how pathetic Gohan's power had become--and Goku didn't disagree. Personally, I think his power had decreased by ~50%, at the very least. /shrug I completely agree thumb up

Reflassshh
Yeah, I agree too.

big juggy man
Its funny when people who read can't understand what they read. The manga never stated Gohan was only using half of his power against Super Perfect Cell. Gohan stated it felt like his Ki was cut in half.

Either way who cut hi Ki in half? Cell did from a weak blast he was trying to kill Vegeta with. Also why would Cell come back to Earth if he was weaker? Use your brain.

Super Perfect Cell was clearly stronger than SSJ2 Gohan.

17 or whatever age he was Gohan was a lot weaker than SSJ2 kid Gohan as stated in the Manga and Anime.

Also when they said Dubura was around the same power level as Cell they never stated if it was full powered Cell or Super Perfect Cell.

But clearly Gohan war weaker as a 16 or 17 year old than he was as a kid.

Also Broly is a movie character so not canon. Movie logic and the show logic are usually lot different.

BeyonderGod
Broly > Cell
Very easy.

pym-ftw
Maybe base Cell

Hell we are all making an assumption Gohan was Ssj2 when it was clearly shown he wasn't.

I'd bet dumb plot has a higher chance than massive art f*** up for an entire movie.

juggerman
Hell we are all making an assumption Gohan was Ssj2

Pretty safe assumption

pym-ftw
I qualified my statement mad

laughing out loud

BeyonderGod
Maybe base Cell

Hell we are all making an assumption Gohan was Ssj2 when it was clearly shown he wasn't.

I'd bet dumb plot has a higher chance than massive art f*** up for an entire movie.
I would say he was SSJ2

pym-ftw
Why?

BeyonderGod
Because why not SSJ2? when he handled his brother who at a early age was above him in terms of power as a kid and trunks also who was both SSJ1 levels

As we seen gohan (adult) at based couldn't handle broly so I would be more appropriate to say he went SSJ2 without the electricity couldn't be a design flaw either way it took Goku,Gohan (Adult), and goten to defeat broly with enough blast to reach the sun.

juggerman
Why?

To make Broly even more maximum

Galan007
Cell-era Gohan>>Buu-era Gohan. This was confirmed multiple times.

That being said, Gohan's far more powerful Cell-era SSJ self was already wtfstomped by Broly in Movie #8. With that preexisting knowledge, it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever for his Buu-era self to only transform into a SSJ against Broly, given that he was, again, confirmed to be far weaker at the time. In even simpler terms: If he couldn't do shit against Broly as a SSJ during the Cell-era, he sure as hell wouldn't have tried to attack Broly as a mere SSJ during the Buu-era.

I have it like this:
Movie #10 LSSJ Broly>Movie #8 LSSJ Broly~SSJ2 Gohan(Buu-era)>SSJ Gohan(Cell-era)>>SSJ Gohan(Buu-era.)

BeyonderGod
Broly wrecks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.